• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Steven Universe RP (?)

Quick question. What time in canon does this take place in? Is the cluster still active? Have the rubies been sent yet? Sorry, we just didn't establish that.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I was operating under the assumption that the Cluster has been bubbled by now, but Homeworld doesn't know about it yet.

Speaking -of-, bubbling and sending appear to be two separate actions - we could bubble the thing without warping it - and also, gems don't need to actually breathe. The same most likely applies for corrupted gems. So Cinnabar's suggestion makes about as much sense as something that doesn't, really. Kind of makes one wonder why would a homeworld gem even think about the notion of breathing O_o

Last edited:
Honestly, I was gonna mention the whole bubble and send thing, but I figured it wasn't big of a deal. Also, I was thinking the same thing in terms of setting. Thanks!

Go read it. The mary sues are great and there was fusion within the first page. One-liners galor.

Not to mention Godmodding, control of others, and lack of grammar.

Last edited:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
On a complete random side note. Is Blue Goldstone "Male" or "Female"? I've entirely lost track, and Blu Ace as been referring to it using both pronouns in the same posts. >>; Frankly. Their inability to keep up with the thread and the complete personality 180 here is kind of grating.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Also, you may have noticed that I've been using 'it' in reference to the 'male' gems when writing as Tanzanite. This is largely on account of gems canonically only having female pronouns, so the idea of gender polymorphism - while she has encountered it on other species - is completely alien to her perception when applied to her own species. In other words, she has no frame of reference for what "he/him" pronouns would even be, but she seems to feel that calling one a 'she' wouldn't exactly be right. So she's using 'it' until something more... i dunno. logical comes along?

Hey, she's been out on the rim for a while. Has a bunch of made-up-for-gems-pronouns to catch up on. XD

Guess not. Welp, welcome back to "Hisseki Doesn't Think Things All The Way Through"! Episode... uh... crud... let's just go with 500. That sounds about right. Might be a bit generous, but meh. XD

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Eh, no worries - the fact is, it just adds more fuel to the sheer mystery of this mission.

Tanzanite, in the meantime, is starting to become convinced that the whereas once the universe tested the limits of her sanity, now it's testing the limits of her snark. XD

... Incidentally, this scene you just described with Psilomelane sort of... walking into a bunch of vines and just... slashing the hell out of them all roar like?

My immediate thought was.

Oh dear god.

PSILO REN.
OMG. THIS.

This made me laugh way more than I think I should have. You deserve so much more than a simple like on that post. XD

Really ive been using Goldstone's name instead of she, he or any pronouns, as I find it confusing when I refer to Blue Goldstone as a 'her'. Blue Goldstone is practically Jasper, but with a few changes. We all know Jasper is female along with other gems, but sometimes we refer to them as male's due to their apprence. Like the Ruby's, The only one that look Female is Vanny? Fanny? I dont know how to spell her name.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Really ive been using Goldstone's name instead of she, he or any pronouns, as I find it confusing when I refer to Blue Goldstone as a 'her'. Blue Goldstone is practically Jasper, but with a few changes. We all know Jasper is female along with other gems, but sometimes we refer to them as male's due to their apprence. Like the Ruby's, The only one that look Female is Vanny? Fanny? I dont know how to spell her name.

The Homeworld Rubies were literally nicknamed by their gem placements. Army (arm), Leggy (leg), Navy (navel), Eyeball (eye)... and Doc (chest, but she was nicknamed after her visor). And they all look and sound practically the same otherwise. >>

I dunno. I never saw Jasper or any of the rubies as particularly masculine. They're a Big Buff Cheeto Puff and five children with anger issues that turn into a bigger child with anger issues. That doesn't really make them any less female... as far as the term applies to sexless space rocks, anyway.

Females do come in a hell of a lot of shapes, sizes, builds and behavioural patterns - and frankly, half the point of SU and the fact the gems are all generally female is a celebration of this diversity. SO... yeah. XP

I dunno. I never saw Jasper or any of the rubies as particularly masculine. Females do come in a hell of a lot of shapes said:
Yeah, well some of the gems you can always see as Females, like Pearls. And some you can easily tell by their voice actors. But I'm sure that Doc, Eyeball, leggy, and Army don't have female voice actors.

All Rubies are literally voiced by the same woman!

Also fun fact - Jasper is voiced by the same VA who voiced Ashley Williams in the Mass Effect series. Which was surprising as hell to me because they sound nothing alike. But there's voice actors for you. Some people are talented bastards.
Whoa. Id never even suspect that. Jeez I need to apoligize to the voice actor of Ruby now But still that is awsome. Same as Jasper being voiced by Ashley Williams, Ive heard of her before.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Jasper's VA's name is Kimberly Brooks, and aside from Ashley and Jasper, she has quite a vast catalogue of video game and cartoon roles.

But yeah. At the risk of sounding a bit SJW-y. None of these gems identify as masculine - and even though the soldier-types are often stereotyped as more masculine in western human society, gender roles are arbitrary bullshit and would not apply to aliens who are literally rocks from space anyway. XD

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I'm obviously still in. I'm just kind of up to my armblades in work (and when I'm not, I've got a bloody novel of a post to write for a different RP I'm in...)

Thanks for the info. I love this, and honestly- I've heard that a roleplay had never made it to the end on here. If I could chose one that wouldn't die, it would be this one.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Honestly, I'm very much enjoying writing Tanzanite at long flipping last. She's been in development for quite a while before this RP gave me a chance to use her in something.

Honestly, I'm very much enjoying writing Tanzanite at long flipping last. She's been in development for quite a while before this RP gave me a chance to use her in something.
Actually, I'm the opposite. White Sapphire is my favorite gemstone, so I decided to enter this role play and have fun while it lasts. Now, the character is growing on me and I love thinking of situations and writing things about him (once this role play ends, I'm thinking of changing their gender. I just can't have continuty errors).

Hey, is anyone gonna respond? I'm worried this is dying or dead....

Also, is everyone safe from Matthew? It passed over my area, but with minimal effects.