• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Steven Universe RP (?)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Hey, works for me. XD

... Come to think of it, where in Australia are we? It seems everyone threw a random habitat out of no where'd without much consideration of the actual local climate... We've got a tide pool from Sciencewars, a forest from just about everyone else... and I just crashed Tanz's ship SOMEWHERE figuring the rest of you had a clue what the hell we're doing.

Fortunately enough, there are forests not too far from the ocean in some bits of Australia, so I guess it could be possible. Just have to find a location like that and mark it. I mean, SUverse-Australia does not necessary match IRL-Australia perfectly, but there should be at least some general resemblance!

Bah! Again, my mind glosses over the details. I gotta stop doing that.

Hm... let's see...

Maybe somewhere near the Clarence River on the eastern side of Australia? Then a gain, Australia is all kinds of jacked up in Steven Universe, so maybe the area could've changed? Possibly? I literally just looked up forests in Australia and found one that was there, so... I can continue doing more research in required, but first I have to real life really quickly XD

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
My sources in Australia say there are quite a few places like that in the northern, more tropical bits of Australia. So I'd say we're probably in Queensland - the northeast - somewhere.

Which is fortunate because the East Side of Australia appears to have been unaffected by the weirdness of SU-Earth while the west seems to have been largely eaten. xD

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Pardon vastly delayed reaction, I had a few very busy days work-ways.

Alrighty. Judging by the data I have and where you can actually find blue-ringed octopi (shallow coral reefs and tide pools - the latter is usually found on beaches), it's safe to assume that the 'clearing' in which your escape pods crashed is not actually a clearing at all, but some kind of a point where the forest end and a rocky seashore starts. I've reflected this in my post. If this kind of messes images you've already had, sorry, but I can't be expected to be the only one to do their research. XP

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Quite frankly it's normal for RP threads have lulls in activity - people have lives, after all. Some people do get distracted by other threads (especially if they are participating in way too many threads at the same time and keep joining new ones every time a new 'ooh, shiny!' rears its head) but in the long run, so long as everyone is committed to keeping a thread alive, it will remain alive.

(It should also be noted that the rapid-fire garbage threads that seem to have become so common around the RP forums lately, with thoughtless one-line replies everywhere, are really not to be taken as an example to anything)

Sometimes one just needs to remember to herd the cats. Or gems in this case.

Only things on my mind are giant Spider corrupted gem with baby spider minions and a blue ring octopus corrupted gem with its rings shooting freezing lasers because why not?

Excuse the randomness but I tend to not be sane when I am sleep deprived....

How about some kind of monster sheep?... Hear me out for this one.

I found this thing called Nephrite Jade. Now, I'm aware that Nephrite was mentioned by Bis-mom in the actual show, but Nephrite was never seen, soooo... yeah. At first I thought that it wouldn't work, but then I found that it was actually common to find in Australia (Maybe there's another Kindergarten? Hm, who knows.) That immediately piqued my interest, so then I did some more research and reading.

One interesting thing I learned has something to do with why I said some kind of monster sheep.

"Nephrite is a magnesium iron calcium silicate, with iron as the colouring agent. A high iron content causes deep green to black colours while a low iron content results in lighter shades, including the so-called 'mutton fat' jade."

Mutton. As in sheep meat.

While normal nephrite would look somewhere along the lines of this:
Pic41_187663-468x620_1356012426773.jpg
Mutton-fat Jade, which is still technically nephrite, looks like this:
Large_mutton_fat_jade_displayed_in_Hotan_Cultural_Museum_lobby.jpg

So that's my justification for saying sheep. Whether or not you'd take this into consideration is up in the air. It's just me spitballing random ideas, and although I did do some research, I wouldn't consider it nearly as in depth as some of the research you guys have done, (lookin' at you, Stellar. XD) so... discuss, I guess? Or don't? I dunno, this RP is as much yours as it is mine, so... yeah XD

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Way to ram the point in there, for sure. I don't think there's too much of a way I can lambast this idea - and just because we herd about nephrites before (as a class of pilot gems, yes) doesn't mean one such nephrite couldn't have gotten caught in some baaaaaad diamond shenanigans and mutated into some kind of ovine terror well poised to flock everything up.

Overall, that's one hell of an idea, Australia and sheep do go hand in hoof, so to speak - and it'd be far more creative than the more generic spiders would be. Good on ewe!

Way to ram the point in there, for sure. I don't think there's too much of a way I can lambast this idea - and just because we herd about nephrites before (as a class of pilot gems, yes) doesn't mean one such nephrite couldn't have gotten caught in some baaaaaad diamond shenanigans and mutated into some kind of ovine terror well poised to flock everything up.

Overall, Good on ewe!
The sheep puns are killing me XD
I give you a 12 and a half out of 10 because I'm bias towards puns :p

Overall, that's one hell of an idea, Australia and sheep do go hand in hoof, so to speak - and it'd be far more creative than the more generic spiders would be. Good on ewe!
oml my sister legit read this post and started laughing her head off. Kudos. XD

I'm gonna make a post later, because it's super early in the morning for me. Is monster nephrite sheepy baaadie gonna be what we're going with?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Seems no one is jaded to that idea. So yeah, that works.

(and yes, Tanz is likely to make some kind of physics joke about shearing forces there)

Been away for a little bit (a sheep at the wheel, you could say), but Monster Nephrite Sheep™ sounds like a great idea. It really bleats the competition on creative monsters.

...alright, I'll stop. Most of you have already beaten me to the majority of 'ewe'nique sheep puns, anyway.

Ok, post is up. @Blu Ace , where are you? Haven't seen you post in a while.

Edit: Ok, i think I have to clear this up:
This is the shield I based the weapon on:
Portable-Bulletproof-Ballistic-Shield-TAT-PBS-D2-.jpg

Sorry if this is unnessasary, but it's not a dome or anything like that. If that was a typo, that is fine.

Last edited:
Sorry, but its more complicated than you think. Im currently juggling between 4 RPs, and this one I keep my posts longer than I usually do. Im currently saving drafts, so Ill post in a few minutes, sorry about the wait.

Ah, apologies! I think I misread the shaping. Don't worry, I'll go ahead and fix that real quick.

EDIT: Fixed. It now specifies a rectangular shield of hexagons, and not a dome. Again, apologies for misreading that one.