• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Steven Universe RP (?)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, I can see that happening. And it can also explain why Tanz's craft would get mostly totalled by this sort of encounter - it's much, much, much older and most likely less durable.

Oh my gosh

After 5 minutes on Wikipedia, I found this-
image.jpeg

This is a chain of sea salp. While I don't know much about them, I do know:
1. This is many creatures
2.They have gelatinous bodies with a small core
3. They are hosts to many junivile comb jellies.

Just pointing this out.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Sea salps are pelagic - that is to say, free-floating - filter-feeding tunicates. They can't really do all that much on their own aside from float around and filter plankton (unlike comb jellies who are very much active predators). Their colonies can get absolutely fucknormous, though.

I don't think anything can feed on The Cluster. It is a literally massive hunk of gem shards compressed together in a rather unbreakable manner and at this point, if anything so much pokes it it'd probably blow up the planet in its attempt to either bubble itself again or form, poor thing.

Is it about time to initiate Project Space Jelly? I think it is about time. Whaddya think, I got a post all set up, waiting to post >:-)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
BRACE YOURSELF. Jellies are coming!

I'll get on a post a bit later during the day, need to clear some work projects out of the way first. Have fun evacuating the ship in the meantime! ^^

But how can we land in a place that doesn't exist?

lol

I dunno where we should land, actually. Personally, I'd prefer if it weren't anywhere in the US, but its everyone's choice.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
There IS a Canada. but the flag is green and weird. XD

It would probably be best if we crashed fairly far away from where the canon is taking place (which is apparently the general Delaware/Maryland/Virginia area of the US), yes.

I dunno about the Middle East (I have to deal with quite enough of it on this version of Earth without having to deal with more of it on that version of Earth) but maybe somewhere in Europe could work?

How about... uh... England? I dunno, this is one of my "spit-balling" moments. I've got England and Italy stuck in my head. Specifically Venice, if Italy is the choice we go with. (What, I've always wanted to go there XD)

Oh man, Italy. I'd be a-OK with that, seeing as I love Italy in more ways than one. I'd be fine with anywhere in Italy, especially Venice or somewhere in Sicily.

(My profile pic is the personification of Southern Italy/ Sicily from Hetalia. He's my literal bae, as is that show. ♥ v ♥)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Dear god, SU!Earth Australia. THERE's a thought and a half. Between the freaky native fauna and the freaky gem fauna it'd probably be one hell of a jungle. It may also be worth noting that Australia seems to have been cut in half. o_O

I do wonder about Italy. It seems the Mediterranean is quite a bit narrower in the SU-Earth, which would also probably lead to a bit of a climate shift... Also, keep in mind that none of the locations we know from OUR Earth exist exactly they way they do in SU!Earth. Analogues seem to exist, sure, but it's definitely an alternate universe of some sort.

Ya know.... There is literally a big chunk of the middle east known as the empty quarter dessert.... The entire dessert is quicksand.... so maybe not the best place...

How about alaska? Because why not?

image.jpeg
Here's a map for reference.

Plus, I wonder if corruptions would be based on the fuana around it?

Like, if gems in jungles took the form of more plant-like or insect-like creatures? Or if there are any on urban areas, rodents or birds?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I'd imagine the Corruptions may or may not worked themselves into a niche based on their corrupted attributes - most corrupted gems encountered in the series certainly seem to be at least thematically appropriate to their environments.

Well, we need to work out where we land, since we don't know where. I'm on board with Italy, or any other place. I assume that SU!Earth has a much lower population, because of the gem war, so anywhere could work.

God, whenever the word 'corruption' is said, I immediately think of both them:

portal_2_cores_by_theartslave-d3h7bkd.jpg

And, on a note similar to the RP, this thing from that one episode I saw part of forever ago that reminded/reminds me of "The Lazarus Experiment" episode of Doctor Who:

latest

Anyway, let's pick a spot to land, one that we all agree on. I just kinda felt obliged to put all that here ^^. Italy? Or somewhere else?

Once again, no big cities, as there probably wouldn't be any. Plus, wildlife would be so much funnier.

I really don't care where. Now, if you excuse me, I am going to draw White Sapphire being chased by a goose.

Well, the Gem War happened over 5'000 years (nearly 6'000) prior to the current events, so the population probably isn't radically different from our own. Very few people even know about the Gem War/ Gem stuff in general.

But, yeah, I agree that we should land somewhere away from a big city. I like the idea of an SU! equivalent of Australia. As mentioned above, a lot of potential native and Gem fauna, and, just maybe, a few old hidden Gem related locations to discover.

SU! Italy could prove pretty interesting as well, but it depends on what everyone agrees on.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
These are all the known gem sites (as seen in 'It Could Have Been Great' and 'Buddy's Book')

STEVEN-UNIVERSE-map-feature.jpg 640.jpg

As you can see, there are no Gem Locations in Australia, Italy or the UK. That said, the maps are not exactly congruent with each other (It's quite probable that some of the locations that are different are locations not established by Homeworld - or sites of battles. The book shows a palanquin similar to Blue Diamond's throne from The Answer in some particular location, that's not likely to have been designated on Homeworld's map in the Moon Base) so, your guess is as good as mine.

I can certainly dig Australia though, regardless.

Last edited:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
That is not, by far, a bad thing. ♥ Except the green ants. Those buggers can be absolutely nasty.

I'd be far more concerned about the venomous-as-balls box jellyfish, cone snails, octopi and other sundry toxic sea creatures, ridiculously badass land snakes. saltwater crocodiles and the assorted marsupials that may LOOK cute, but they can and will fuck you up if you mess with them. Kangaroos of various sorts come to mind.

Even the pretty blue sea slugs that occasionally wash up on the shores can absolutely destroy you using the stinging cells they ripped from freaking physalia hydrozoans, more commonly known as the Portuguese Man O' War, after they ATE them. We're talking tiny nudibranch to massive hydrozoan here. Australian Fauna does NOT mess around. Neither does the flora, actually, judging by the absolutely lovely australian nettle trees that require /freaking welding gloves/ to deal with.

Australia hates humans more than Yellow Frickin' Diamond. No wonder the people living there have such a trollish attitude to life. There's nothing you could throw on an Australian that their own country hasn't yet. Good thing Gems are immune to this sort of thing, isn't it XP.

Last edited:
Ya, I was researching Box Jellies, and they are really creepy. They have eyes. Plus, thier venom causes cardiac arrest and damage to the skin and nerves. Not something I want to encounter, even if I was immune.

For some reason, the stings can be cured with vinegar.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Honestly, between the Chironex I linked to above and the Irukandji jellyfish, I'd say the latter are far, far more... not fun to encounter. mostly on account of how tiny they are.

... RIGHT. Let's get back on topic before I fly into MORE biology rambles, because it is sort of my jam. XD

Yeah, I can settle on Australia (or at least, its SU! equivalent). We'll just have to see how everyone else feels about the subject.

Also, damn! I knew Australia was scary, but after reading through all of the above I'm pretty sure I never want to step foot there ever in my life. :D