• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Steven Universe RP (?)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Seeing as Tanzanite is likely to join in the fun only after the rest of you arrive on Earth (though whether she arrives on Earth due to her own craft crashing or through warp hopping remains to be seen) I can go either way, really. ^^

I agree with you on the option of "Before the Crash", but with everyone on the ship and close to Earth, personally. Even if just to set up some initial interaction before moving on-to the main event; the crash itself. I guess after that it's a case of finding somewhere to call a base of operations and just go from there while we're disconnected from Homeworld? I dunno, maybe I'm jumping ahead a bit.

Anyway, as Hisseki stated, it's a group decision. But yeah, there's my opinion on the matter. Take it or leave it. :)

Last edited:
I kinda like the Before the Crash/ Escape Pod idea. On the ship, our characters would have their meet & greets, then they'd get separated in the explosion. Maybe a few would find each other on the search for the ship? I dunno. This is a group effort, after all. Lol

Well, I'm fine with either one. Taz could have volunteered for the mission, as her diamond called her back to guide the ship. But anyway...

Ok, so here is the image I'll edit later:

image.jpeg

Just to try and photoshop it

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I'm closing up the thread now. The thread is now on Private/Closed. All those who are in... well, they are in. XD I might also start up the thread today. I think we've come to the agreement that we have a Before the Crash beginning, and I believe that we said close to Earth?

Before the Crash and close to the Earth seems to be the general agreement, yeah. Probably just a short while before the accident/ fault/ whatever it is that brings the ship down occurs. Things will get more interesting once we're on the ground, but I'd say the short moment before the chaos would be a good starting point.

Or at least in my opinion. It's ultimately for you to decide on, though.

That's what I was thinking. Can you link the thread once it's ready?

Also, I have an idea. What if a corrupted gem caused them to crash as they enter the atmosphere?

Last edited by a moderator:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Friendly reminder that you have an Edit button at the bottom of your post that you can use to edit a post rather than posting twice in a row, which is not allowed by our rules. ^^

Close to Earth works for me, means I can bring my character in sooner. (Tanzanite is most definitely NOT on this ship, as I stated in her bio). A corrupted gem attacking the ship during atmospheric entry also sounds like a good idea.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
And already I see an issue. Where are we on the timeline relative to the series?

Corrupted gems only started appearing on Earth AFTER the Crystal Gem rebellion, as it was the sort of final attack of the Diamonds. So if corruptions are around, there is no feasible way Pink Diamond could have chosen ~Principessa~Phantom~'s character for this mission as Pink Diamond was... no longer part of the equation, at that point. Bit difficult to dance around that particular spoiler, but here it is under a spoiler tag anyway.

Earth was Pink Diamond's colony - possibly her only colony, we're not quite sure yet. Rose Quartz was forced to shatter Pink Diamond as part of the rebellion in circumstances that were yet undisclosed - probably the only gem she ever shattered. So Pink Diamond is essentially dead. Gems that were created for her, stayed on Homeworld's side and managed to evacuate to Homeworld before the Diamond's Light of Ruin equivalent corrupted everyone except Rose, Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl were reassigned to other Diamonds - Jasper, for one, was assigned to Yellow.

And already I see an issue. Where are we on the timeline relative to the series?

Corrupted gems only started appearing on Earth AFTER the Crystal Gem rebellion, as it was the sort of final attack of the Diamonds. So if corruptions are around, there is no feasible way Pink Diamond could have chosen ~Principessa~Phantom~'s character for this mission as Pink Diamond was... no longer part of the equation, really. Apologies for obvious spoiler, but it's kind of impossible to dance around the subject of Pink Diamond no longer being a thing.
Bah, okay, I don't know how my mind skipped over this XP Yes, @~Principessa~Phantom~ the other diamonds are still around, those being Yellow, Blue, and White Diamond. They are still active, whereas Pink Diamond... not so much. I don't know how I glossed over this detail. We are at a point after the Crystal Gem rebellion, therefore corrupted gems do in fact exist, but she doesn't. I should've pointed this out before, so that's kinda my bad :'| Also, after the ship crashes, we'll be on Earth. What we do from then is in the air until we get there, I guess. Probably, we would try and either regroup (if we all escape through different means), or we would try and salvage what we can and make a base of operations on Earth? *shrug* I don't know, but we aren't even there yet.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Basically, It's quite possible that Maw Sit Sit was created for Pink Diamond but was reassigned to one of the other Diamonds after Pink stopped being a thing.

... Also, for the record, gems don't require food (they can eat but they don't need to) and thus bathrooms aren't exactly a thing for them either - The only homeworld gem to encounter one was entirely mystified by the concept of one. xD

I still haven't decided if I'm bringing Tanzanite in by ship or by warp - although I'm starting to lean towards her ship being attacked by the same thing that attacks your ship. Would give her something to talk about with your characters, at least!

Okay. Oopsies. :S

That sounds familiar, though... Is that scene where this comes from?

latest

'Cuz I think that's the scene that this comes from. lol

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I'm about to release a post, although seeing how Tanz hasn't encountered any of you yet, don't let that stop the rest of you from posting. ^^

Well I just posted, so is Hiss next?

Edit: what should the Corruption be? An existing one, like Watermelon Tourmaline? Or what else?

Last edited:
I dunno, maybe a new one? Something that can bring down a hand ship, I guess. *shrug* I'll probably think of something XD

EDIT: Oh! I almost forgot! Blu Ace still has yet to post. I'm sorry, Blu, I almost forgot you. :/ I'll try not to do that again. I guess once everyone has posted at least once, we'll have an established order or something? Or would it be better if we didn't constrain ourselves into a set order? This is something that is completely up to you guys, I guess. I can go either way.

Last edited:
No thanks. The last RP I was I with an order, somebody didn't post and then it just crashed. Maybe we could try and keep close to that order, but if it takes too long we skip them? Idk.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I suggest a new one - since we're talking about a corruption that can take out a ship during atmospheric re-entry, it will presumably need to be a flying one - and it'd probably need to be pretty damn big too.

Random example/concept that just popped to mind - a large, freakish dark pink/purple alien-looking moth/butterfly themed creature generally floating/blanketing around high altitudes, until it senses a threat to its territory, at which point it may flap its wings to rain razor-sharp shardlike 'scales' from its wings, possibly semi-aware ones that can latch onto an enemy ship, 'burrow' into it and disrupt it. It may be operating on instinct - but it may also operate on a vague memory of its pre-corruption self, trying to block off invading homeworld ships?

(As for why a pink/purple clouded moth/butterfly themed corruption - there is a gemstone called Lepidolite, whose mythical mumbo-jumbo crystal lore involves balance and protection from nightmares (and wouldn't an airborne Homeworld invasion be a nightmare to a rebellion?) and its name resembles the group of insects containing moths and butterflies, Lepidoptera.)

... Yeah, a bit elaborate-as-eff, but I tend to do that when worldbuilding nonsense is involved. You can come up with your own corruption, just a silly idea I had. ^^

I probably couldn't come up with anything better. One ideas though- a giant jellyfish- like thing. The gem, Andalusite, can shift colors depending on angle and cut, and represents astrology and relationship from the planet with man. Well, we have to see.

So, how about a large, moth thing, with tentacles instead of legs? Like, it could be a fusion, both a fusion of our ideas and the gems themselves.

Y'know, I like the way you guys think. Plus, any idea that can't fit into this one scenario could always be used later on, right? I'm sure there's bound to be more things to encounter down on the planet.

...can't stop staring at space jelly-fish.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Here's a bit more footage of various species for inspiration, which also includes their sticky tentacles and some reference on how they move and catch prey. ^^

Freakin' Comb Jellies are just too nifty looking for their own good. XD

omg project space jelly is that what we're calling it cuz if so then yessssss XD

I dunno where Blu is, but I'm sure he'll turn up. That gives me time to think of what exactly this monstrosity is gonna be :p

Wait, but what if it were able to make tractor beams or something of the sort, so that way the main ship and Taz could crash around the same area?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
A quick PSA:

Tanzanite - the mineral, that is - is a blue-violet variant of Zoisite named after its country of discovery, Tanzania. Its exact shade varies by the way it is cut and by the way light hits it, but it generally looks like this.

Pear Tanzanite.jpg Tanzanite-Gemstone-1.gif
(portrayed in a teardrop/pear cut here because that's the shape my particular Gem's core is set).​

While 'Tanz' is not an official nickname, I tend to call her that as a shorthand because typing the whole thing can be tedious. But note that the N, from 'Tanzanite' or 'Tanzania', is still there.

Taz, conversely, is this ball of fluff and rage:

Taz.jpg
Who is ostensibly a Tasmanian Devil, a marsupial carnivore from Australia, although this is what ACTUAL Tasmanian Devils look like:

741870-tasmanian-devil.gif.jpg

Not particularly similar, but there you have it.

Neither of these, however, have much in common with Tanzanite. Ergo, Tanz does not equal Taz. And while she could probably shapeshift into him, she finds his manner of communication fairly incomprehensible and feels that sort of language is not particularly conducive for any polite conduct amidst fellow strandees on an alien planet.

Thank you for understanding.

And back on topic - yes, tractor beams could work - possibly based on the whippy sticky tendrils used by some species of comb jellies?

Tractor beam space-jelly sounds good. I'd like to make a quick suggestion that could also give us a possible short-term objective for when we manage to group up on the ground post-crash.

Say the jelly-fish could not only draw the two ships towards it, but also had some sort of power disrupting presence that could interfere with the craft's engines and what-not, causing them to crash into a wreck (as opposed to physically damaging the ships itself, since Yellow Diamond's "hand-crafts" seemed to have a nigh uncrackable outer layer, as demonstrated when multiple Light Cannons didn't do much of anything to it). From there, if it also disrupted all other forms of our tech, one of our first priorities could be to track it down and attempt to poof it. And since Tanzanite hasn't encountered a Gem in some time, and the other Gems might not be sure how to go about the "foreign Gem", they'd need some common ground to initially group up, right?

Thus, I figure Tanzanite's technological prowess and scientific understanding would be key in tracking down the space-jelly, and then we'd likely need all of us (or at least, a good number of us) to overpower said jellyfish.

Just figured I'd throw the idea out there. Take it or leave it.

Tractor beam space-jelly sounds good. I'd like to make a quick suggestion that could also give us a possible short-term objective for when we manage to group up on the ground post-crash.

Say the jelly-fish could not only draw the two ships towards it, but also had some sort of power disrupting presence that could interfere with the craft's engines and what-not, causing them to crash into a wreck (as opposed to physically damaging the ships itself, since Yellow Diamond's "hand-crafts" seemed to have a nigh uncrackable outer layer, as demonstrated when multiple Light Cannons didn't do much of anything to it). From there, if it also disrupted all other forms of our tech, one of our first priorities could be to track it down and attempt to poof it. And since Tanzanite hasn't encountered a Gem in some time, and the other Gems might not be sure how to go about the "foreign Gem", they'd need some common ground to initially group up, right?

Thus, I figure Tanzanite's technological prowess and scientific understanding would be key in tracking down the space-jelly, and then we'd likely need all of us (or at least, a good number of us) to overpower said jellyfish.

Just figured I'd throw the idea out there. Take it or leave it.
Wow. Okay then. I approve of this idea XD This is actually another detail that slipped my mind. The hand ships are really, really durable. If it just punches it or whatever, it'd probably damage the gem more than the ship. I like this idea, and I'll most likely if not definitely incorporate this :p