• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Stel's Thread of Biomechanical Artisanry

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator

This random thing was drawn for Katsu, one of my best online friends off 'Charms - and it seems like a good way to herald this new art thread of mine. So here's a bunch of stuff.

BetaOozaruInspiredThing.png

Inspired by concept art related to Dragonball Evolution, turned into a more awesome critter because I can damnit.

Srslyneedsaname.png

I don't know who she is, but I'm rather fond of her. ^^
Seriously needs a name though. XD

I haven't drawn this thing in a while - it's an alternate, Grass/Dragon evolution of Grovyle, related to one of my RP characters.

RandomDigimonCharacterFlat.png

And this guy... Well, he's a Digimon character. I still need to figure more of him out.

Silly Pokemon doodles, for the hell of it. The puppy-walk Arceus cracks me the EFF! up.

Gardenia_Wisteria_Gown.png

Gardenia, in a wisteria-themed ballgown I designed a while back. ^^

They see Chibi Arceus, they hatin xD

It's great to see you back in the game, Stel. Continue to be awesome~

Also I totally dig unnamed lady's wing sleeves. I think she'd be the type of person to be named 'Cassie' :3

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Chimchar! ♥

Glad to see you back in the game Stel. Your art is awesome as always! I really liked seeing Floramon done in your style

I see a Phyllis in that currently unnamed woman. There's just something practical and sturdy about her that doesn't let my mind stick a name that ends with a vowel sound on her.

How would this Grass Dragon Pokemon evolve?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you all for your comments. ^^

Secad: The one instance of this evolution in my RPs emerged from a series of plot-related circumstances involving Pokemon/Trainer synchronization, draconic DNA in the core Grovyle's markup and an item named the Vortex Medal. It was a long story.

So here... Have a Miato Pokemon, since I know that it'll be a while before I get this far with the Miato thread.

Meet Diatremor, a Rock/Dragon Pokemon evolved from the Rock/Ground Ostridge. 'tis a rather angry bird. Its special attack is nothing to write home about, but it sports an impressive physical attack stat and defenses. Its initial speed is average - though with Speed Boost for an ability, that is bound to change after a few turns - and that is when Diatremor's true potential as a terror bird is unleashed...

HelixBlades.png

Some pictures don't require much description. This is one of them.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
So here. Have a biomerge sequence.

Reid and Floramon, biomerging into HerculesKabuterimon X (hence the formation of the X-Antibody around them).

Even though I already saw the biomerge drawing in chat yesterday, I just want to comment on it again. I am incredibly jealous of your ability to bring any perspective you want into what you draw, even people within a sphere.

Also the birdraptor = Mindfuck. That has to be one of the most bad-ass MiatoMon around. ♥

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Irea_Alexander.png

A little gift for Rainy for being awesome as hell. It's her Digimon character, Irea Alexander - and her partner Tapirmon, to boot. ^^

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
And since I'm already on a 'Gifts for Awesome People' mode...

RuiGaomon.png

Here's RX's characters - Rui and Gaomon. The Persona 3 ripoff poses had to happen. DO NOT QUESTION. ಠ_ಠ

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I love that Tapirmon. It looks squishy and adorable. ♥

Mind you, I'm loving these Digimon sketches in general. As I mentioned in the chat, your Biomerge image in particular looks great and the rings surrounding the characters almost looks 3D. What's more, the sheer amount of detail you put into those rings is amazing. Overall it's just a really great picture. :)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I haven't been drawing much lately, and some of what I've drawn I'll wait until I have the full set of pictures to post here, most likely.

But here's something in the meantime.

KineticVerdancy.png

Because Virizion is fucking awesome and I'm sick and tired of people portraying it as a huge fucking dandy.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I don't find any of them "derp" personally. I like all of them quite a bit. :3

But this picture of Virizon is frelling awesome, Stel! I love the pose, the lineart, and the subtle touches with the leaves and greenery. Really nice pic. ^^ :up:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Thankye both for your comments ^^

One of my friends pointed out that I've only drawn Girafarig properly about once, and considering I am quite fond of the bloody things, I figured I should remedy that.

So here's a pair of the Palindromic Beasties. ^^ (watch them make a Girafarig pre-evo in gen 6 and completely ruin this xD)

I do love your ability to make everything terrifyingly awesome.

Once again, an excellent example of your realistic PokeMon drawings! I like the idea of using scales on the black part as opposed to fur. What urged you into drawing a coal next to it? xD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Girafarig. ♥

Both of those Girafarig are adorably lovely. That species has always been one of my favourites from Gen 2, but to this day I wish that they had made it a Psychic/Dark-type. Would've suited it much better. :3

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
TinyKalpataru.png

Asura Kalpataru, my Digital Devil Saga OC's demon form. This is the second time I've drawn him. The first can be found in my dA gallery somewhere.

Om nom nom, mother-eff!-ers.

... The first thing I thought when I saw Asura was 'Wait, if he/she keeps still, does that venus flytrap with teeth/mouth thing just dangle somewhere below his- or her- crotch?'

And those two legendaries are bad-ass as always.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
DS: re: Cobalion/Terrakion, Thanks. ^^ As for the other thing, no - Kalpataru holds his proboscis up, parallel to and slightly above face level (like in this picture, the first pic I've drawn of him). I suppose it might dangle weirdly when he's in the sort of stunned/status ailment pose because they all have the weirdest stances in that state. Vayu's (Gale's demon form), in particular, is fucking hilarious.

Yeah, Kalpataru is his actual name. "Asura" is more of a species descriptor. Digital Devil Saga is based quite a bit on Hindu Mythology. The Asuras were a group of power-seeking deities, sometimes portrayed as sinful/materialistic (as opposed to the more divine/spiritual Devas, with whom they are constantly in competition) - though their depiction as good or evil depends on the myth. Asuras have some good connotations too. The whole description of 'power seeking demons' is rather appropriate for the Asuras of Digital Devil Saga - who are essentially demon forms of people who are struggling for dominance of the world the game is on (in the loosest possible way, it's a lot more complicated than that).

Kalpataru himself is named after a mythical divine wish-granting tree (also known as Kalpavriksha), said to have the power to fulfill all desires. Although I think this one would only fulfill death wishes. << XD

Either way...

Sanzang, from the Warriors Orochi series. Because she is too frelling pretty for her own good and I have never seen someone kick so much ass with sleeves.

Aaaaand this is what happens when I design my own outfit for her. @_@

Kyra Tierney (of Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millenium) and Maya (of Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator) high-fiving. Because they remind me quite a bit of each other, I'm quite fond of them both and I wanted to draw them. XD

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator

Aisha "Kanon" Bernadette of Wild ARMs 2. Drifter, Monster Hunter, bearer of the legacy of the legendary Sword Magess.

Also, the Sword Magess herself, and her companion/guardian, Lucied. Because I felt like it.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Whoo... Bloody hell that second image of Sanzang is detailed. O-O It's gorgeous, Gad, and I love the personal flare you put into her outfit. XD

Even if I only know the characters from you, the Kyra and Maya pic makes me giggle.

As for your most recent picture: awesome. Pure awesome. I may be biased, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a great picture too! I adore that close-up headshot of Lucied. ^-^

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Katie: Thankye. I had a feeling you'd like the random Lucied include. It was actually drawn with you in mind, but I've mentioned that. XD

Anyway, since I'm obviously on a tactical squad roll...

Gardenia, because Moar Gardenia-ness is always a good thing. Also, Snivy. Background is loosely based on Erana's Peace from Quest for Glory. Hurrr. XD

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator

A Golden Desert Eevee and a Prismatic Dragon, two creatures (well, a Pokemon subspecies and a random creature) from around 2001-2003-ish that I felt like redrawing.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
YouSpoonyBard.png

So, DS mentioned his pet bearded dragon is named Bard. Mental image is too damn priceless to NOT draw. YOU SPOONY BARD!

What was that about the difficulty of applying musical instruments to reptiles, Stel? You did an amazing job on both that and making him sit down properly, even with the tail.

What can I say that hasn't been said already? I absolutely adore this!

Wow, Stel you work fast! This was mentioned in chat just a few hours ago! The mental image of a lizard named Bard, it looks even more hilarious on paper.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for ze comments. ^^
And lo, there was MOAR stuff.

RandomGascogne.png

Gascogne Rheingau from Vandread. My favorite character in that series. She's bloody ♥. I forgot the detail on her belt, but meh.

TylerDrayden.png

Tyler Drayden. Because I Mayor Maynot be completely thucking silly.

And Haxorus/Axew, because its face is a battle axe, your argument is invalid.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Well, I wasn't really going out of my way to write nicely. It was just a silly doodle for the eff of it really XD.

And speaking of for the eff of it...

]

The concept of the Capricorn's representation as a sea goat randomly came to mind today. I always found the goat-hippocampus thing it had going on a bit half-assed and felt like drawing a niftier oceanic goat thing.

Various Kelpie and Leafy/Weedy Sea Dragon influences popped to mind and the next thing I knew, I had this.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Dat Joltik
too cute ;_;
I wants.

Also Mari is so beautifully drawn and colored, Stel~ ♥ I wish I had your skeelz. D:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Heeh, I've really liked all of these new pictures but that revisited Capricorn image stands out most. It's just downright gorgeous. Not only does it have a crazy amount of detail, it looks great too. I love your design of it! :) (Auugh, the horns and fins, they came out so good. So pretty ♥ :love: )

Really nifty icy effect with that Kyurem picture too. ^^ (At least, I assume it's Kyurem XD)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Thankye, Katie. ^^ Also, yes, it is Kyurem.

And speaking of Kyurem.

Because White Kyurem reminds me of Robert Frost. I dunno.

I saw the Fire & Ice drawing on El's Tumblr earlier today- It's very nifty indeed, Stel. You're as good with filters, colours and brushes as you are with naught but a pencil and some gum~

... Although I must say, the blurry turquoise one makes Kyurem look like one of dem Jesus lizards to me, standing up with the large hind legs and a slightly amphibian-looking body. Is that just me, or is that what you were going for?