• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Stars Over Hoenn- 10 Years Later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Pokécharms! This is my first post on these forums. I've had this idea in my head for a Pokémon game set in Hoenn 10 years after the events of R/S/E, and an RP on this site seems to me an appropriate outlet for it.

Basically, the plot of this RP is that a group of new trainers find themselves, for whatever reason their background allows, in Littleroot Town to receive a Pokédex from Professor Birch. The characters' individual motivation might be to complete the Pokédex, become the champion, or anything else you like. The Devon Corporation are on the verge of being able to clone Deoxys from the Mt. Chimney meteorite, and Team Rocket is out to steal the legendary Pokémon (and the means to produce them) for themselves; this forms the core conflict which will involve every character, regardless of their individual motivation for adventuring.

Timeline
Events of R/S/E:
- Wally and May defeat the members of teams Aqua and Magma, pacifying Groudon and Kyogre in a massive and destructive showdown known as the Battle for Sootopolis (incidentally raising them to the status of celebrities across the Pokémon world).
- May defeats Steven Stone to become the Hoenn region champion.
- Brandon achieves Master Rank in all Contests.

Within the Next Year:
- Leaf aides Celio in completing the Pokémon Network Center, bringing Hoenn and Kanto closer together.
- Professor Cosmo brings the Meteorite (which Team Magma had attempted to use to trigger an eruption of Mt. Chimney) to Steven Stone for study.
- The Treasure Hunter, his collection bolstered by travelling trainers, opens the Mossdeep Exploration Museum.
- The lighthouse in Slateport City is converted into a radio tower, broadcasting TV and radio signals across the Hoenn Region.
Within the Next Five Years:
- Hoenn Champion May withdraws to the Sky Pillar, where she swears she saw Rayquaza land after the Battle for Sootopolis. She trains among the crazy-strong wild Pokémon who guard the old tower, similar to Indigo Champion Red in Mt. Silver.
- The events of G/S/C take place; Kris unseats Red as the Indigo Champion, Silver and his shiny Gyarados retire to the Dragon Den to train with Clair, and Ethan embarks on a journey to collect the badges of Kanto.
- Cinnibar Volcano erupts; Blaine and visiting Steven are instrumental in evacuating the citizens to safety. Blaine reopens his gym in the Seafoam Islands, and the scientists at the Cinnibar Lab are absorbed into the Devon Corporation.
- The Trick House reopens as an unofficial ninth gym in the Hoenn region, featuring confounding traps and Pokémon that the Trick Master has gathered in his travels throughout the world.

Within the Next Eight Years:
- Wally acts as interim Hoenn Champion, taking on challengers while May remains isolated in training. Her family and friends begin growing seriously concerned, but occasional visits from Wallace and Wally are still had.
- The aged President Stone steps down from his position at Devon Corporation, and is succeeded by his son, Steven. Under his capable guidance, the scientists of Rustboro and Cinnabar together reach a breakthrough in analyzing the meteorite of Mt. Chimney: it contains the DNA of a Pokémon species which has yet to have been discovered. Research on its reanimation begins immediately.
- Team Aqua and Team Magma leaders Archie and Maxie meet by chance in Celadon City, and begin to talk at length about the errors of their old ways. They each have cultivated a genuine love for nature, and have decided to reunite the old organizations as a unified Team Eco, in partnership with the Pokémon Rangers.

Within the Next Ten Years:
- Team Eco begins operating in conjunction with the scientists in the Weather Institute, its sworn mission to safeguard the natural environment at any costs. They are most often found in the untamed wilderness of Hoenn.
- Drake of the Hoenn Elite Four retires to the Dragon Den in Blackthorn City. His vacant seat is filled by Flannery, formerly of Lavaridge Gym, who is following in the footsteps of her grandfather. The Lavaridge Gym is run in her absence by Brandon, whose Combusken makes him a potent successor.
- Clair collects all of the Hoenn Badges and supplants Wally as the Champion of Hoenn. Wally returns for the moment to Verdanturf, occasionally visiting May at the Sky Pillar.
- Team Rocket expands their operations to Hoenn, having heard that the Devon Corporation is on the verge of a major discovery.

(I haven't used a forum in ages; I'm sorry if I made a mess of the formatting!)

Rules:
- I don't want any legendary Pokémon involved outside the main plot arc.
- Trainers should start with one low-level Pokémon, and start their journey from there. They should be new to adventuring, even if not new to Pokémon in general.
- Be respectful and have a good time!

Character Sheet Example:
Name: Emma Quinn
Gender (if applicable): Female
Hair: Dark, thick, curly, mid-back length
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 125 lbs.
Appearance: She is a slight, somewhat tall girl with dark hair and a pale complexion. She wears round, wire-framed eyeglasses. Her hair is often, but not always, tied back in a loose ponytail. She wears a black, v-neck sweater over a white blouse with a red neck-tie and a pleated, green plaid skirt, long black socks, and black, leather shoes.
Hometown: (outside of) Goldenrod City, Johto
Pokémon: Vulpix (female, named Vera)
Short Bio (optional): Emma is the granddaughter of the Johto Day-Care Couple. She spent her childhood helping her parents and grandparents raise the Pokémon that others dropped off with them. An only child, she bonded more closely with the Pokémon she helped rear than with anyone close to her own age. One day, when Emma was 12, a Day-Care client left behind an egg that its Ninetales had laid. Emma nurtured it until it hatched, and the Vulpix and she have been very close since. From a young age, Emma has been prone to illness. As a result, despite her interest in Pokémon, she wasn't allowed to set out from home to start her own Pokémon journey. This year, having heard that the air is cleaner in Hoenn than in Johto, her parents arranged for her to spend her summer in Petalburg with her aunt.

If this RP gets any attention, I'll post a thread on the actual RP forum. Thank you!

This actually sound interesting. And as almost all the other roleplays i'm in right now are dead, i'll have time.

Name: Isak Johnson
Hair: short and messy brown hair
Eyes: green
Height: 6'0
Weight: 147 lbs
Appearance: except for all that's already mentioned, he's somewhat muscular. And he dress in a purple hoodie (with t-shirts underneath) and torn jeans.
Hometown: Saffron City (Kanto)
Pokémon: Blaze (Charmander)
Short bio: N/A

If there's anything i need to change, just let me know and i'll fix it :)

Name: Luke
Hair: Blond hair and has it spiked up with a messy but dignified style.
Eyes: Icy blue.
Height: 6’2
Weight: 160

Appearance: He has a perky nose (along with all the other characteristics stated above.) and he is somewhat slender in body shape. He wears a dark blue jacket with a black stripe down the middle with gold rimmings and he has dark blue pants with matching gold trimmings and black dress shoes.

Personality: Arrogant due to growing up under wealthy experienced trainers and believes he is the best because of this. He views those under him as inferior peasant and will even refer to them that way. Uses a wide variety of vocabulary and is a skilled strategist in battle. Unfortunately his strategy is viewed as cold hearted and his Pokémon are not very friendly in general other than his Shinx. He is ultimately loyal to his Pokémon above all else and is not much for talking for the sake of it.

He enjoys: Battling and showing off his excessive pride and strength of his Pokémon. He also secretly loves to pet his Pokémon. Enjoys taking walks and exploring new places in search of Pokémon.
Dislikes: People singing in general, lazy people, and overlyexcited people. And can't stand to lose battles to someone equally matched with him. The thing that annoys him the most is whenever someone invades his personal space or tries to pet his Pokémon.
Hometown: Snowpoint city (Sinnoh.)
Pokémon: A shinx hatched from an egg.
Other: He doesn't like people to see him loving on his Pokémon and gets ultimately embarrassed by it.

Name: Raina Stiral

Hair:
Blunt and straight, cut off just above her shoulders and matching side swept bangs cut off just above the ears. Thick and full. Stormy grey coloring is darker towards the roots while the tips are more light, more blue-grey strips highlight the exterior layers.
Eyes: Dull honey-dew eyes are yellow around the ring, while gradient filling to a soft green towards the iris.
Height: Slightly below average height of 5'4
Weight: Rather skinny, 118
Appearance: Raina is an overall small girl, with a frail figure. Her skin is creamy and pale, obviously she didn't go out much; though it is unmarked by any freckle or scratch. She constantly sports a dead or uninterested expression, and typically wears the same clothes. With her hair straight down, Raina attires a pair of tight, black jeans and a baggy shirt; of one solid shade (purple of pink usually).

Hometown:
Sootopolis City, of the Hoenn region
Pokémon: Beldum
Short bio: Meh

Name: Finley Calder
Hair: Wavy dark blue-green hair in need of a trim, typically brushed up and to the side. Saltwater has made their hair texture somewhat dry, without sheen to it.
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'9" (±175cm)
Weight: 151 lbs (±68kg)
Appearance: Finley is surprisingly fit for someone their age; a requirement and result of their diving hobby. They usually wear a washed out denim jacket with a white t-shirt, and mid-length pale blue jean shorts. They have a black and navy wetsuit they use when diving. On the road, they carry their belongings in a cyan backpack that has a pin from the Mossdeep Exploration Museum.
Hometown: Mossdeep City
Pokémon: Chinchou (female, nicknamed Lucy)
Short Bio: Finley grew up in Mossdeep, and prior to now hasn't had a chance to go further than the water routes surrounding the city. Their father holds a position as a researcher at the Space Center, but-- much to his displeasure-- Finley has no interest in continuing his work. The debut of the Mossdeep Exploration Museum when they were young ensured that. Finley's interest lies in discovery, and not the space kind. In a surprisingly rebellious act for them, they learned how to dive, and became quite good at it. Their Chinchou, Lucy, was caught on one of their early miniature expeditions, and has stayed by their side since.

Finley is very well-suited for the lax island life, their one passion aside. They're easy-going and reasonably sociable, with a more casual approach to adventure. It's very uncommon that something actually gets on their nerves. They have a very gentle approach to adventuring-- take everything one step at a time, and don't sweat the small stuff. It can be somewhat difficult to get them to take strong interest in anything unrelated to exploration, which is the main reason for their journey; they want to see more of the world, and don't have any set goals (yet).

If there's still room to sign up, here's my character sheet. Let me know if there's anything I need to change!

GiantNidoking

Previously DenzuruTheLegendaryHunter
I hope this idea isn't dead.
Name: Raibu

Hair: Brown curly hair curled up into braids.

Eyes: Brown

Height: 3' 7"

Weight: 97 lbs.

Appearance: He is a black person with a shirt that had a design of a sharpedo on it. He also has a scar that covers his fore arm. He has a black sweater and black shorts.

Hometown: Vendaturf town, Hoenn.

Pokémon: An egg and a borrowed growlithe from his father.

Short Bio: A few months ago when he was running around in his backyard with growlithe and seen a seviper jump at him. As any person would do, he tried to run, but the seviper jumped up and attacked him. After that indecent his mom gave him an egg before heading to another region. Ever since that accident he has been scared of sevipers.

Last edited:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Unfortunately, in order to have a Legendary Pokemon involved, you need to receive approval from a staff member. It is clear that you did not read our rules before attempting to start this thread.

Thread locked. Please make sure you read the RP forum rules before posting anything else on the RP forums. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.