• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Star Wars: Criminal Rise RP

Discussion --> https://pokecharms.com/threads/star-wars-criminal-rise.23962/#post-891161

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

The lost apprentice of Palpatine has returned. With a syndicate containing pirates, smugglers and thieves he plan to take control of the galaxy. Jedi Master Luke Skywalker senses the threat and rise to prevent it. The senator Leia Organa is struggling to keep the New Republic calm as the criminals grow more bold. Still in possession of the Dark Saber, Maul has allies from Mandalore though some have decided that they need a new ruler and allied themselves with the New Republic. Civilians grow more impatient as the New Republic prioritize maintaining order rather than it's citizens and some have decided to take matters into their own hands...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quell Urus, a Mandalorian, and his droid, Jay, were in their ship which they had agreed to call "The Bandit" headed for Tatooine to make sure that the gangster Bib Fortuna, whom had taken over after Jabba the Hutt's death, would not ally himself with Maul. Preferably by bringing him to justice but bringing him in cold was also an option. As he was getting close, he dropped out of lightspeed.
"Ready our weapons, Jay. We don't want to go in there unprepared" Quell said. The commando droid nodded and got up from his seat to get the weapons ready.

Rex

Resident Furry
For all intents and purposes, the Tatoo System had three suns. Everyone agreed on the first two – Tatoo I and Tatoo II, a pair of G-type main sequence stars. They danced around a common barycenter, sometimes one appearing larger than the other, sometimes both appearing roughly the same size. The third sun was much more contentious. Early explorers were easily the most certain of the third star’s existence. It orbited closest to the binary pair, and shone with a brilliant intensity that in some ways exceeded either of the other stars.

Of course, when they got closer to the third star, they discovered it was actually a planet. Tatooine didn’t shine with a light of its own, it merely reflected its parents light. Though, it did so with such enthusiasm that it was common knowledge among the planet’s inhabitants that if you wanted to burn out your eyes, the fastest way to do so wasn’t to stare up at the twin suns, but down at the desert flatland. Even looking at it from the cockpit of his starship was enough to make Zeek’s eyes water. He was happy he didn’t have to go down there.

Why anyone wanted to go down there was beyond the Selonian, frankly. Aside from being the center of the roughly hourglass shaped Arkanis Sector and the intersection of the Triellus Trade Route – which Zeek had traveled down since leaving Hutt Space – and the Old Corellian Run, the planet only really had one thing going for it. It was the center of the late Jabba Desilijic Tiure’s criminal empire. Jabba was dead now, and the power vacuum was already threatening to tear the sector apart. Back on Nal Hutta, partisans of Jabba’s father – Zorba Desilijic Tiure – and nephew – Gorga Desilijic Aarrpo – were already at each others throats. His son, the Huttlet Rotta, had vanished sometime during the chaos of the Separatist War that preceded the formation of the Galactic Empire, and Zorba was waving around documentation claiming the child never existed in the first place.

Being physically closest to Jabba at the time of the Hutt’s death, the Twi’lek Bib Fortuna, former smuggler turned majordomo, was the first to make it to Jabba’s palace. Thus, he was the first to lay his claim to his former employer’s empire, much to the ire of the dead Hutt’s relatives. On top of that, many of the Twi’lek’s former coworkers found him to be a much more reasonable target than his old boss was, the hits put out on Fortuna were numerous. No doubt the space around Tatooine would soon be swarming with bounty hunters of all stripes eager to cash in.

And that was why Zeek was here. Though through his association with House Benelex, the Selonian mostly concerned himself with rescuing kidnapping victims, but a job of this magnitude, with this many interested parties, was going to need someone attempting to organize things from the sky. Otherwise, infighting might well let the target escape. And, naturally, he’d take a cut for his services when payment was rendered to the successful hunter or hunters who brought Fortuna down. It was good money, and the Selonian could at least pretend that it was good work. The Twi’lek was a criminal, after all.

He gently brought the ship into a stable orbit around Tatooine, and flicked on the autopilot to let the onboard computer take over. Then he allowed himself to relax a little, standing up from his chair in the cockpit. He turned his back to Tatooine, and padded down the ship’s central corridor to the communications room. Once there, it only took some light fiddling to set things up that he could hear anyone broadcasting to his ship from anywhere onboard. Before he was able to leave, however, shipboard sensors alerted him to the appearance of another ship.

Specifically, the hyperwave signal interceptor recorded the telltale signs of a ship dropping out of hyperspace. That brought the rest of the sensors to life, and the Sincerity’s previous owner had really gone all out on the upgrades on that front. Dynamic-class ships like Zeek’s might be old, but they were prized, then and now, for their ease of modification. The Selonian padded out to the ship’s main hold, which was dominated by a large central console, presently displaying the results of the computer’s automated investigation.

The displayed hologram, slowly rotating clockwise around the room, was a bit light on details due to the distance out the other ship was, but steadily improving on that front as the ship approached the planet. It was long, a bit longer than Sincerity, but much narrower. The cockpit narrowed to a fine point, with four wings well in the back, near the engines. Zeek recognized it as a Corellian vessel, of the Hawk series; he’d seen them before – Corellia and Selonia were two of the Five Brothers after all. Hawks were light freighters, marketed towards upscale clients; but so were Dynamics. Who knew what modifications had been done to the approaching ship.

The life form indicator pinged a single heat signature that it figured was some living creature, minimum crew and no passengers. No broadcasts from the ship as of yet, it would likely notice Sincerity before long, if it hadn’t already. Zeek took a deep breath. He didn’t realize he’d been holding it, and shuttered. Known unknowns stressed the Selonian: who was on that ship, what were they doing, why were they here? Were they another bounty hunter? Interactions with his colleagues could be fraught.

The Selonian doubled back to communications, and snatched up the clothes he’d left draped over the chair. Video communication always went better if he was dressed, and he wanted to be ready should it come to that. Once he was as presentable as he could possibly be, he dropped into the chair, and pulled himself close to the monitor. Without realizing it, he was counting the seconds. He hesitated a moment longer, then opened a comms line to the approaching vessel.

“Unidentified ship, this is the Sincerity broadcasting from Tatooine orbit,” he said, in accented Basic. If this ship was a civilian trader, he wanted to warn them. If they were another bounty hunter, if he set up a good rapport they might be more willing to work with him. “This planet is suffering from societal instability following the death of Jabba Desilijic Tiure, and may soon be home to large scale operations from an unknown number of Bounty Hunters’ Guild associated crafts. Take caution as you approach.”

At the Mos Fego Spaceport, a female Mirialan was at one of the landing pads doing repairs on a S-91x Pegasus Starfighter. It had arrived in rather poor condition, lots of carbon scoring and some damage to the hull and engines. That, combined with the rather sketchy pilot, led Roqa to believe that it was a stolen craft. Maybe from the New Republic itself. She wasn't surprised. Stolen craft wasn't exactly an uncommon thing here in the Outer Rim, and it wasn't like there was anything she could do about it. So Roqa just kept at her job, repairing the beat-up vessel the best she could.

"Roqa!" A gravely voice barked. Her boss, an overweight human by the name of Deelo. The Mirialan sighed, putting down her hydrospanner.
"What?!" Roqa called back.
"Scanner is picking up some ships approaching the planet. Clear off some of the landing pads, we might have some customers!" The human yelled before heading back into his office.
"Do it yourself, lardo..." Roqa growled quietly, pushing herself out from under the S-91x. The Mirialan made her way over to the other landing pads, doing as her boss requested and clearing the crates off of it. For the umpteenth time since she came to this backwater planet, she reflected on how much she hated this job. She was barely earning enough credits to get by, and then there was the whole thing with her very boss... It took her all the restraint she had not to just walk into his office and blow him away. But she couldn't. Not with what he knew about her.

She had no idea how, but the fatso had figured out she was Ex-Imperial. He had her under her thumb, and she had been trying to figure out what her options were. While being an Ex-Imperial wasn't as bad out here as, say, the Inner Core, in some ways it was worse. At least, the people in Mos Fego still remembered the Imperial occupation and held distain to it. In the Inner Core, Roqa would likely just be arrested, or perhaps kept on some sort of watchlist. Out here, it was more likely that she'd get lynched. So she was stuck, without even enough credits to get off this planet...

~Hesssyk Ussk...~

Gun fire, shouting, grenades, and all sorts of sounds could be heard. Including sadistic laughter from a trandoshan as he mows down a few unsuspecting pirates. They turn to counter, but the small group was caught off guard. Two managed to find cover, but this only excited the trandoshan. He ran and leaped behind the cover using the first soldier as a human shield. One bullet grazed across the trandoshan's arm, but the others his the human shield pirate. The trandoshan crushed the man's windpipe, tossing him at the remaining pirate. The trandoshan headbutted the last pirate in the head several times before he would fall to the ground. He went to the captain's quarters where one last person was tucked away hiding. It was the captain of the vessel. "I can take you alive or I can take you dead. It doesn't really matter to me" The trandoshan said. "Who are you?!" The captain said. "That's not important, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to know the name of your would be killer might ease your burden. I'm Hesssyk, and your coming with me!" Hesssyk said in a grizzly reptilian voice.

After knocking the man unconscious with a single headbutt, he threw the man over his shoulder. Hesssyk began scavenging the ship, taking everything of value leaving the ship in a horrid state. As he made his way towards the ship he spotted two pirates injured, but not dead. They were in the medbay, likely hoping for a round two. Hesssyk loved mind games, and challenges. Rather than kill them he set the ships coordinates to crash land on the nearest planet. "If they can survive the ship crash, and make it to safety, I suppose they can live" Hesssyk thought to himself. Rather a cruel unlikely chance of survival, but if they survived they were free to go.

"disengage ship clamps, and release hold of the ship" Hesssyk said as he reemerged to his ship. Hesssyk had been sent on a bounty mission to find and eliminate a group of pirates. He was requested to bring the captain back as proof. Alive or not was unimportant. Hesssyk put the man in a cage. Hesssyk could have cryo-froze the man, but Hesssyk didn't cryo-freeze cowards so he left the captain in a cage like an animal. When they arrived to Nar Shaddaa, they quickly evaded customs, and had the captain as proof of mission accomplishment, discreetly sent to the client. His droids maintained his ship while he got off.

"Hesssyk has left the ship, therefore you take all your orders fro-" Overseer was interrupted. "Yeah yeah, your in charge blah blah blah" Guard muttered. The three pit droids laughed at Overseer. Scout was off the ship flying stealthfullly near the pirate captain giving Hesssyk feedback as they neared the drop point. Hesssyk headed straight for the client's location for the reward. After getting his reward, he headed towards one of the clubs on Nar Shaddaa so he could get a drink. He sat at the bar, and began enjoying a drink. Maybe a second.

~Ruijagi Yondjatruza...~

"Can you please get off the couch and heal me!?!? I've already lost a lot of blood and I think im getting light headed!" The disgruntled man said. "I can see from here that your exaggerating, big baby. Its a lot of blood sure, but I've seen way worse so you'll be fine. The more you whine though, the more blood you'll lose so can you shut up? The news is almsot over and I wanna hear it" Ruijagi was lying. She didn't care about the news, she barely even listening to it. She just didn't wanna get up. She did get up and heal the man's wounds properly.

As she healed him she engaged in conversation with him. "If I heal you, I need to be certain your not gonna skimp out on the pay" Ruijagi said. "What?!" The patient said. "You better pay in full" Ruijagi said. "What?!?!" The man said. "Also you better not give a bad review, or I will find you and turn you into a frog" Ruijagi said. "WHAT?!?!" The patient nervously yelled. At this point Ruijagi was getting annoyed, "Say what one more time! Say what again! I dare you! I double dare you!" Ruijagi said. Ruijagi did heal the man, and he was far too scared of her now to pay her anything less than full. He even gave her a bonus out of fear of being turned into a frog. He also knew better than to give a negative review. Five stars all the way, would recommend to a friend.

"Woohoo. The pay came in. I'm a rich witch. Time to get wasted, broke, and rekt!" Ruijagi said. Ruijagi was currently on Tatooine. She was stationed in a small medical station. She had already stayed there a full week, and was planning on leaving soon. Despite her excellent healing skills, and positive reviews she gotten. She still had quite the negative image on Tatooine, and as the natives called her, 'That lazy witch'. The only reason she even had any clients was because her abilities were very effective, and she didn't charge much.

"Ruijagi sat on her couch, and was drinking meiloorun juice straight from the bottle. It was non alcoholic of course since she didn't really wanna get tipsy before she left the planet. She would also need to find a ride since she didn't exactly have a ship to call her own. She could always use Galactic Transport Services ,but they mostly only traveled between core worlds. No fun traveling to those major planets. Ruijagi stared at her drink and pondered her next course of action.

Quell was surprised to be contacted by another ship, but he knew he shouldn't ignore it. He checked the other ship's model to see whether or not it would be a threat. The Selonian talking seemed sincere enough but it was possible that it was an ally of the rising criminal syndicate. Quell wasn't stupid, he wouldn't reveal too much of his reason for coming. But he could maybe gain some more information by this Selonian if he had been here long enough.
"This is the captain of the ship "The Bandit". I am fully aware of the state of the planet and have come prepared. I am here on a mission regarding the gangster Bib Fortuna. I thank you for your warning, captain of the "Sincerity". I am willing to pay fairly for information about Fortuna, should you have some" he responded through his helmet as Jay came back to the cockpit with Quell's sword and Amban Rifle in hand and placed them in the seat behind Quell. Jay then went back again to fetch his own blaster and came back a few seconds later.

Rex

Resident Furry
Zeek subconsciously sat up straighter in his chair when the other ship answered his hail, providing him a view into the ship's cockpit. His counterpart across the screen was dressed in Mandalorian armor; and not the pure white on black Mandalorian-derived armors favored by Old Republic Clone Troopers or Imperial Stormtroopers, either. This wasn’t some rich merchant who didn’t know any better, this was a proper Mandalorian. The Mandalorian introduced themselves simply as the captain of the Bandit, here on a mission regarding the ‘gangster,’ Bib Fortuna. That’s right, wasn’t the current Mandalore a bounty hunter? Was this one following in his leader’s footsteps?

Zeek reached over for his datapad, discarded out of viewing range from the camera, and set up a new file featuring some of the information he was given. The Selonian didn’t become an information broker by not writing down everything he heard, after all. He quickly had more to write down, as well, when an armed droid walked into frame. A B-series droid, that head shape was distinctive even two decades after the fall of the Trade Federation. Specifically, a BX-series droid commando, manufactured for stealth missions, infiltration, and assassination. That brought back some bad memories, but he tried not to tense up too bad while on camera.

The Mandalorian wanted information, and was willing to pay fairly for any he had. On his datapad, the Selonian flicked aside the file he was building on the Mandalorian, and pulled up what he had on Fortuna. He did a quick scan of it, then glanced back at the other captain.

“If it’s information you want, you’ve come to the right place. Here’s what I can offer, you can pay whatever you consider fair for the information,” he cleared his throat, “Fortuna’s grip on Jabba’s empire isn’t as strong as it appears. By my count, the Bounty Hunters’ Guild is aware of no less than two dozen active hits on Fortuna, from various Hutts close to Jabba’s relatives, as well as some of the other more well off members of Jabba’s empire. Fortuna’s been disowned by the Una Clan, so you shouldn’t expect any trouble from them.”

“Fortuna’s had bad luck as a former smuggler, but he’s a survivor, and not to be underestimated. He may not command the most loyalty, but he has the most funds, and he’s spent heavily to hire guards that will be loyal to his credits, if not to him. Also, the B’omarr monks that call Jabba’s Palace home are fond of Fortuna, rumor has it he’s on the fast track to their ‘enlightenment,’ and many of them act as his paid informants. The monks can communicate telepathically, and some of them have had their brains transplanted into nutrient jars, which can then be attached to BT-16 perimeter droids for mobility. Suffice to say, if any of these monks see you, they – and Fortuna – will all know you’re there. You aren’t the first outsider to make an attempt on Jabba’s Palace, and you wouldn’t be the first to gain a forceful enlightenment at the monk’s hands, either, if they catch you.”

The monks’ loyalty to Fortuna was something of a problem. When Jabba was alive, they were among the best informants money could buy for a look directly into the headquarters of the Hutt’s Empire. Without them, Zeek had to rely on disaffected ex-members of Jabba’s gang for information, some of which could be well out of date, and biased besides. He doubted he was going to get much in return for this information. If he wanted a good pay day, he was going to have to be a bit more hands on.

“If you’re in the market for some more thorough assistance, I happen to be a bounty hunter myself,” the Selonian offered, carefully. “I usually work support on jobs for House Benelex, so you know I’m neither slaver nor assassin. You’d have nothing to fear working closely with me on this job.”

~Ruijagi Yondjatruza...~

The ceiling fan spun, and spun, and spun. It continued to spin, and nothing particularly interesting would happen just sitting, and staring at an ordinary ceiling fan, but that's what Ruijagi was doing. She was rather contempt doing nothing at that.As long as Ruijagi had edible food and somewhere to lay her head at night. Ruijagi didn't have big life goals nor concern of the world(s) around her. She did however seek means to leave tattooing. Where, though? Ruijagi looked at the sky from outside from a hole in her roof that she made from firing arrows. Her landlord definitely didn't know about the joke in the roof otherwise he'd charge her for repairs. To top things off, she also broke several pieces of furniture, and a few birds have taken to nest building in the house. The sooner Ruijagi could leave tatooine the sooner she could avoid consequences for her destruction to property.

Ruijagi let out a groan as she got up, "Uuuuggghhhhh... Time to head to another planet...Maybe somewhere further in the outer rim. Less people, but first I'm gonna have to find a ship... Hmmm... time to do what I do best" Ruijagi said reaching into her bag. She grabbed a sign which said "need a pilot" written in a curvy manner. Ruijagi simply needed to get going. She headed towards the hanger bay and sure enough, there were ships. She looked at the ships with her sign in hand, "Mother knows I'm going to need all the help I can get" Ruijagi said as she began walking past some of the ships.

Last edited:
--Outer Rim, Nevarro, Nevarro City--

A Lancer-class pursuit craft just entered the atmosphere of the volcanic planet and made it's way towards one of the towns that resided there. Kervon calmly flew his ship to a more secluded spaceport rather than the closest one, as it began to land, the red Twi'lek grabbed his helmet and put it on as he walked towards a rather tall Houk who's arms and legs were tied up by a wire and seemed to have several bruises on his body as if he was badly beaten up, Kervon undid the binds on his legs and reached for his weapon, a rather peculiar looking rifle at that. "Alright big guy, on your feet, we're here." The Houk reluctantly stood up and walked towards the exit of the ship, Kervon followed close behind and the pair stopped when they were outside of his ship.

Kervon reached in to his pocket and got out a holocom where a small image of a dark skinned human appeared. "I assume you're calling to give an update on the bounty?" The man asked, to which Kervon nodded. "Yeah, we just landed, we're at one of the spaceports. Anywhere she should meet?" The Twi'lek asked before he showed the man the Houk he captured, to which the former grinned. "Excellent, bring him behind the cantina, I'll meet you there." He suggested. "Understood." Kervon replied as the call ended and he put his holocom away and poked the Houk's back. "Let's go big guy, cooperate and I might buy you a drink." He said as he aimed the rifle at his back. "And if you even think about making a run for it, I'll re-tie your legs again and drag you to the cantina myself.

The Houk growled as he cooperated and walked with Kervon to the cantina, occasionally the pair were given puzzled or intimidated looks by the locals. "You should'a killed be back there when you had the chance." The Houk said in a hoarse voice. "If there's the chance to bring them in alive, I do that for extra cash, I only kill those who provide too much trouble." Kervon said as the two proceeded until the cantina was in sight.

Rather than walk inside, Kervon made the Houk go around to the back with him where the dark skinned human stood along with two men who were armed to the teeth. "Ah, Hruuga. So good to make your acquaintance." The man said with a smile. "Tsk, why the hell did you have to hire someone to drag me to your sorry ass?" The Houk asked rhetorically as one of the guards walked over to take him to the client. "Because you interfered with my business more times than I can count. Speaking of business, bounty hunter, thank you kindly for bringing this scumbag back to me." The client said with a smile as he went to shake Kervon's hand. "I'll see to it that your credits are transferred over to you very soon." He added.

"Whaddya plan to do with him...? Out of simple curiosity." Kervon asked. "Oh, you needn't worry yourself with that, our business is concluded." The client replied. Kervon shrugged and put his weapon back on his back before he turned to leave and walk in to the cantina, as he sat down and began to order a drink, he got an alert from his holocom which seemed to be an update on his bank account, he smiled lightly to know his client kept his end of the deal and transferred the money to him as promised.

D

Deleted member 227971

Not many people were in the cantina at this given time, yet it wasn’t completely empty. Sat in one of the far seats was a dusty haired young man, drink in hand, and an old, scratched and worn stormtrooper helmet on the table. He had his arm limply around it, as if he was almost afraid someone might attempt to take it as they walked passed, but he looked more tired and bored than anxious. He scratched at his neck a little, sighing. There was blood on his cheek, likely his. He’d just finished a bounty hunt, something that might as well be considered uncommon for him because of his lazy attitude, and probably the last for a while too due to it.

In his other hand was a thin metal card, which he fiddled with subconsciously. Engraved on it was his name and a few other details, but it didn’t really have much value or meaning. It was just something he owned and looked at when he had nothing else to do.

‘Today is going slow.’ Damien thought, taking a sip of his drink, eyeing the few other people in the cantina. He looked up as a newcomer, presumably another bounty hunter, walked inside and ordered a drink, a little interested in what he was doing but not enough to do anything about said interest. He just watched from his drink, putting the metal card away, having nothing much better to do with his time.

Quell pondered over the information and the Selonian's offer to join. He would need to be very strategical if he was to pull of this mission. He wasn't too worried about the guards, he was a Mandalorian after all, but he hadn't considered the monks. Would Fortuna figure out what he was up to, he would easily be able to escape. He could have the Selonian be guard outside but the previous owner of the palace, Jabba, most definitely had set up multiple escape routes underground. Not to mention what could still be there from before the slug. There was also the question of what kinds of traps Fortuna had. He wasn't too worried about the Rancor as a Jedi had apparently killed it a few years earlier.
"Very well. I'm willing to bargain for your assistance. Let's land in Mos Pelgo and we can discuss more" Quell suggested. He had picked Mos Pelgo as it had a smaller population than other towns which would mean that they would attract less unwanted attention. Though he didn't say it outloud, it wouldn't take a genius to figure out why he would want to go to there of all places. He flew in the direction of the town slowly to imply that he wanted the Selonian to follow. Not too long after, he had landed at the hangar bay. He grabbed his gear and left the ship.
"Go pay for the parking" he told Jay who did so.

After cleaning off the landing pads, Roqa had returned to working on the S-91x. She had a good view into her boss's office area, and could clearly see that the human was listening in to whatever communications were going on up there. Roqa took a moment to fish a device from her toolbelt, sliding it into her ear and fiddling with it. It was something she had cooked up using one of the spare Scout Trooper headsets she had been able to snatch when she defected, and she had modified it so she could listen in on what her boss was listening to.

Fiddling with the device, Roqa was able to tap into the frequency Deelo was listening in on. She managed to catch some snippets of conversation, but one caught her ear. Bounty Hunters. Perhaps they would be able to help her... situation.

The conversation between the two bounty hunters ended, and Roqa went back to repairing the ship. A few minutes later, she could hear the sounds of ships landing in the hangar area.
"Roqa!" Deelo yelled as the Mirialan pulled herself out from under the S-91x.
"I heard it! I'm going!" Roqa yelled back. She grabbed a clipboard, making her way over to the hangar where the ship had landed.

Entering into that part of the hangar, Roqa paused to take in the ship that landed. An HWK, light freighter. It looked like it had been modified, outfitted with some combat specifications. Not a bad looking ship. But what was more surprising was what was leaving from the ship. Roqa watched, wide eyed, as a humanoid in FULL BESKAR MANDILORIAN armor walked out of the ship. The female Mirialan blinked, trying to believe what she was seeing. Other movement caught her attention, and Roqa watched as what appeared to be an old commando droid left the ship as well and began to approach. Roqa had ended up going toe-to-toe with some commando droids on one of her missions, so she had seen how dangerous they could be. Gripping her clipboard, it took all her restraint not to grab the holdout blaster hidden in her tool belt and take down the droid before it could do the same to her. But she stood her ground.

"Hey." Roqa said to Jay. "You here to pay for the pad?"

Rex

Resident Furry
The good news was the Mandalorian was interested in working together. The bad news was that they wanted to descend to the planet's surface for negotiations. Specifically, they were going down to the town of Mos Pelgo, one of the more minor settlements. It was a good place to disappear, or be disappeared. Either way, few would ever notice. The Selonian cut the communication feed, and returned to the cockpit. The Mandalorian's ship had slowed down, clearly waiting to see if the Selonian was going to follow before proceeding into the atmosphere. There was no two ways about it, Zeek needed the money, so he shut off the autopilot and fired up the engines to follow.

The surface of Tatooine was every bit as desolate as he'd heard. Perhaps it was the desolation that attracted criminals like Jabba. No one wanted to come to a place like this, a barely habitable rock floating in the Galaxy's Outer Rim. They kicked up sand as they approached Mos Pelgo for landing, but thankfully the enclosed hanger bay blocked the worst of it, and, surprisingly, had enough space for the pair of ships. The ship shuttered a little as it landed, the hydraulics of the landing gear informing the Selonian that they thought he'd been a little too rough on approach. It paid to be gentle with an old ship like this. He was still getting the hang of it.

Zeek took a few deep breaths as he powered the engines down. He just needed to remain calm. They'd do a few negotiations, and then he'd be back on his ship. His store of provisions was still good, he didn't need to extend his time on Tatooine any longer than necessary. Nerves suitably settled, he returned to the main hold - making sure to grab his datapad from the communications room on the way back. The main computer was still helpfully informing him of everything it knew about the Mandalorian's ship. He quickly shut that off. He might need the computer to show the Mandalorian what more hands on information he could offer, and didn't want him to know the Selonian had been scoping out his vessel in the meantime.

The exit ramp was a short way down the starboard corridor from the main hold. His guns were waiting for him there, mounted in a wall safe. Being visibly armed might send a bad message to the Mandalorian, but he felt safer having at least one of the weapons on him, just in case. The Adjudicator was a hold out pistol, this specific one had been modified for use by Rebel Alliance special forces during the Galactic Civil War. It had only four shots, but tremendous stopping power for a slugthrower of its size. It could probably punch a hole through the Mandalorian's armor. Probably. If it came to that. And hopefully it wouldn't.

He stuck it into a holster hidden inside his jacket. The Adventurer rifle could stay in the safe for now, locked up where no one but him could get to it. He took another few deep breaths to steady himself, then opened the hatch. As the ramp descended, he was immediately blasted with hot air, sand, and an intensely bright light. The glass of Sincerity's cockpit was specially prepared to cut down on the worst of the glare, but because of that it did nothing to prepare the Selonian for the full force of daylight on Tatooine. Zeek immediately had to shield his eyes, as he carefully made his way down to the ground.

Once his eyes adjusted about as much as they were ever going to, he lowered his hand to take in the sights. He picked out four figures standing relatively nearby. The Mandalorian was standing by his ship, armed, warrior culture for you. The BX-series droid Zeek had seen earlier had approached the third figure, a Mirialan, perhaps a dockworker. The fourth figure was - and Zeek had to do a bit of a double take upon seeing them - a Dathomirian Zabrak, quite a long way from home. Dathomir was practically on the other side of the Galaxy from Tatooine. But then, so was Mandalore, Mirial was even further out, and it wasn't like Selonia was next door either.

Still, it was rude to stare, so instead he glanced back towards the Mandalorian, and then towards the Mirialan. If she was a dock worker, he'd probably have to pay for parking. He stepped off the ramp, and tapped a few things into his datapad to make it close up behind him. Then, slowly, carefully, he padded over to the droid and the Mirialan.

Jay, being programmed to expertly mimic voices, began speaking to the woman infront of him using the voice of Quell.
"Yes. And fuel. How much?" he said, being straight to the point like Commando droids were programmed to be. Quell looked around the hangar bay and spotted a young female Zabrak looking like she was planning something. Wondering what someone of her species did on Tatooine, he walked over to her. She might also be able to give good information on Fortuna.
"Hello. What does a Zabrak do so far away from her home planet?" he said, not caring about how provocative it would sound.

Roqa couldn't stop her look of distrust as the commando droid spoke in a perfectly normal voice. It weirded her out, as the ones her squad had fought communicated in very mechanical and electric tones. The Mirialan sighed, booting up her cyber clipboard and looking through it.
"Hangar fees and full refueling, that should be, eh... 900 New Republic Credits, give or take some depending on how much fuel you need. Then for every night stayed its going to be another 200." Roqa said. "Imperial Credits are also good here, and so is wupuipi."

Glancing up from her clipboard, she looked over at the other ship that had landed. It was another light freighter by the looks of it, an older one that she didn't recognize. It seemed pretty well armed, and she watched as what she assumed was its pilot approached. A Selonian. You didn't see many of those on Tatooine. He was wearing a jacket and slacks, and appeared to be armed with a blaster pistol. Nothing to out of the ordinary.
"Be with you in a minute." Roqa said to Zeek.

Joelkjn Fox Lord

Previously Joelkjn Ōkami
Marcus was on his way to Tatooine to pick up his shipment that he'd ordered before going out on a bounty. Just as he pulled out of hyperspace his communicator started beeping. It turned out to be one of his spies currently located on Tatooine.

"Yes, what is it?" Marcus answered with some authority to his voice.

"One of your bounty's just landed on Tatooine, a Mandalorian I believe. He landed in the town, Mos Pelgo. 200 Imperial credits will do for this information." The spy informed Marcus.

"I'll get you the credits after I have picked my package up, thank you for the information." Marcus replied to the spy. He hated hunting other Mandalorian's even if he was kicked out of Mandalore. They were still after all his people, but right now he need some extra credits.. not that he was low on credits but he still needed a few thousand more to his goal.

Marcus approached the dessert, he did not want to land in a city to draw attention to his presence. He wasn't famous or anything but a few people would surely know who's ship it was. When Marcus had landed he asked his astromech R5 to keep the ship floating as he didn't want the ship destroyed by the sand people.

Jay gave the worker 950 Republic credits and asked her to give the ship half a tank. Jay didn't know how long they would be there, Quell would have to deal with that himself.
"Is it enough? Is there any paperwork?" He asked, still in Quell's voice. Quell himself thought he heard a ship approaching, though it was faint. And it didn't exactly get very close. He found that odd, it would be better to land in the town rather than outside it. It could be another bounty hunter also seeking Fortuna. Quell had already promised to negotiate with the Selonian about the prize, he was not very willing to share with another. But he wouldn't want to start a fight over the money either. That would bring too much attention.

Joelkjn Fox Lord

Previously Joelkjn Ōkami
Marcus neared the town where he was informed that the target would be. He believed his name was Quell. He began searching outside asking people if they had seen anyone with a similar appearance as Quell. He finally got the information that he was seen in the hangar from a man just exiting from there. He immediately pulled his cloak over his face while he placed the mask firmly on his face. It was quite comfortable for a beskar mask.

He entered the hangar and immediately spotted Quell talking to a female zabrak and walked over there, though not too close, as he did not want to get caught of guard if Quell was to attack.

"You Quell? I have orders to bring you back in a body bag." He stated with a calm but deep, raspy voice.

Quell noticed the man before he began speaking, immediately recognizing him as the bounty hunter Mors Venit. He got ready for a fight by putting his hand over his blaster while analyzing the man before him, noticing the blaster and the sword. He had never actually seen Mors Venit up close, but he had heard the rumors about him.
"I am. I've heard about you with my passings within the bounty hunter circles. I wish we would have met under better circumstances. Too bad that didn't happen" Quell responded and without missing a beat, drew his blaster and fired it at the man's face.
The shot made Mors Venit flinch but richocheted against the mask.
"Beskar? You just lost my respect. Stealing Mandalorian property..." he said.

(I was allowed to auto Joel's OC)

Rex

Resident Furry
As he got closer to the dock worker, he could’ve sworn he heard the Mandalorian talking. This was surprising in of itself, the Selonian liked to think he had pretty good hearing, and hadn’t heard the man approach. But, when he looked around, he saw the Mandalorian had moved over to speak with the Zabrak. It was only then that he realized that the BX droid was mimicking its companion’s speech. That sent an involuntary shiver down Zeek’s spine. He hated when droids did that.

While the dockworker worked with the droid, the Selonian focused on his datapad. He did keep one ear on the conversation, trying to pick up information that would make his turn speaking with the Mirialan as short as possible. Nothing against her, he just didn’t do well with face to face interaction. The fact that they accepted both Republic and Imperial Remnant currency was something of a surprise to him. He figured most places would back one or the other, or even neither, given the ongoing state of war. But, he supposed the InterGalactic Banking Clan was backing both credits, so they were worth something to somebody.

He took the time to fill in all the necessary information on an invoice form he often used for his job. Best case scenario, he could hand it over to the dockworker and have them fill out all their relevant information for payment, and be back in his ship with minimal fuss. It was the perfect plan, until it was interrupted by an alert popping up on the screen. The computers on Sincerity were helpfully informing him of another ship approaching. Not an unusual thing in and of itself, this was a hanger after all, but as the seconds passed, no ship came in for a landing.

He was starting to get worried. They hadn’t been found, had they? Picked up by some sensors or some such from Jabba’s Palace? Were it not for his fur, he’d’ve visibly paled at the thought. It seemed like his worst fears were confirmed moments later, when the telltale high pitched whine and flash of light of a blaster being fired echoed through the hanger. The Selonian whipped around towards the source of the light and noise.

Another person had entered the hanger. A person the Mandalorian Zeek was supposed to work with just shot at. He couldn’t tell much about them, as not only was the person some distance away but they were also adorned in a cloak and mask. The Selonian took a half step, pivoting around to face towards the potential scuffle in the making, reaching into his jacket with one hand to grab the grip of his slugthrower. He suddenly wished he’d thought to bring his rifle after all.

"Yeah, that should be enough." Roqa said, taking the money and marking down the amount. When the droid asked if there was any paper work, she looked up with a 'you kidding?' expression.
"This isn't Coruscant, droid. So long as you got the credit, my boss could care less who uses this place or what you have. The only 'paperwork' would be for something like... repairs, I guess. Would be helpful for me." Roqa said. Gesturing the droid to leave, she turned her attention to the Selonian.

"Alright, pal. How can I-" At the sound of a blaster firing, Roqa instantly dove for cover behind some nearby crates. She didn't know who was shooting or where they were shooting at, but she wasn't taking any risks. The mechanic drew her EC-17 holdout blaster from a pouch in her tool belt, carefully looking between the crates to see what was going on. It appeared that the Mandalorian had just shot someone, a humanoid wearing a skull mask. From this distance it was hard to tell, but the skull mask... almost looked like beskar as well.

"Hey!" Roqa yelled to the two. "Not in here! Take that outside!"
Quickly Roqa scanned the hangar to make sure Deelo hadn't just left any fuel canisters or cells lying around in the open. Luckily there weren't, so if there was going to be a gunfight at least they wouldn't all get blown to hell.

~Ruijagi Yondjatruza...~

Ruijagi looked at the ships, then turned to see a mandalorian, "Home planet? This zabrak goes wherever she wants hun. Question is, who are you?" Ruijagi said stepping back she took a second to look at the mando. Before she could speak with him further, another mandalorian interrupted their conversation challenging him to a duel. "Guess I'll have to find some other way off this planet" Ruijagi muttered under her breath.

~Hesssyk Ussk...~

Hesssyk was casually sitting in the bar on Narr Shaddaa, having a drink. Some street punk tried to sell Hesssyk death sticks, but after glancing over at the poor kid, he got the hint and ran off. The street punk wasn't the only person looking at the Dosh. On the other side of the bar was a dark grayish brown wookie giving him a condescending glare. Hesssyk didn't like the way the wookie looked at him but had no interest in starting a bar fight. The wookie looked young, probably hadn't even been off his home planet that long. Easy mark, not worth Hesssyk's time. Perhaps if Hesssyk saw him outside the bar. He might get himself a new fur coat. Though that was the least of his worries. For now, Hesssyk was enjoying his drink.

Hesssyk felt the drinks effects kicking in, though Hesssyk was a pretty big dude, so the effects were pretty minimal. As he headed towards the door to leave. A bump followed by a wookie roar. Hesssyk must have accidentally bumped into the wookie on his way out. The wookie went to push Hesssyk, but Hesssyk was having none of that. He pulled the wookie by the arm, throwing him to the ground. Kicking the wookie in the hip three times to make sure he didn't get up too soon. Hesssyk left the bar, and began heading to his ship.

Last edited:

Joelkjn Fox Lord

Previously Joelkjn Ōkami
Marcus didn't flinch when Quell fired the shot, he was too used getting shot at. But he did flinch when the bullet hit his mask. Just because it didn't actually do any damage to him, doesn't mean that it didn't hurt like a reek just hit him.

"It's not stealing if I was gifted it, is it?" He questioned Quell before explaining "I received it before I got thrown out of Saxon" He couldn't help but spit the name of the Saxon clan like it was poison in his mouth.

He started walking towards Quell with unbothered steps while pulling out the sword on he wore on his back.

"I know your armor is made of beskar so my blasters would be useless, but let's see how well you fight up close shall we?" He asked rhetorically. "Also tell your buddy to stand down." He demanded before proceeding to speak on. "Since I invoke the trail of combat do death." Invoking one of the Mandalorian codes that would mean that they had to have a one on one battle.

Jay left the dock worker and began going back to Quell but remained in place when Quell motioned for him to stay where he was.
"Saxon? That must mean you're Marcus. Very well, I accept your challenge. But as the Mirialan, asked us to we should take it outside. I would rather not pay extra for her to clean up your blood" Quell said, noticing how the man was prepared to start right then and there. Quell ordered Jay back into the ship and turned to the Selonian.
"Sorry. We'll have to postpone our negotiation. I'll be back soon" he said. Then he began to leave the hangar and motioned for Marcus to follow.

Seeing that the pair kept it relatively calm and were going to take it outside, Roqa emerged from behind the crates. It looked like they were going to be using blades anyway, but still she was glad that they weren't going to duke it out in here. There was a clatter as Deelo emerged from his office, a CA-87 shock blaster in his hands.
"What's going on out here?!" The fat human demanded.
"Nothing anymore." Roqa called back. Seeing that there wasn't really anything happening, Deelo glared at all present before heading back into his office.

"Fatass..." Roqa muttered, picking her cyber clipboard back up and turning her attention over to Zeek.
"Starting trouble in my hangar, who did that idiot think he was..." Roqa muttered as she made her way over to the Selonian. "Alright, what do you need."

~Ruijagi Yondjatruza...~

"Those bounty hunter types are so weird" Ruijagi muttered. Whoever the mandalorian she spoke with asking her about her homeworld. Ruijagi had no clue what that was about, and who was this other guy? "Bounty hunters... hmmph!" Ruijagi went sarcastically. She still needed to get a ship off the planet. Maybe she'd just use galactic transport services, but then again, maybe she'll get lucky and find a pilot. She continued to look around in Hope's of finding a good pilot.

~Hesssyk Ussk...~

Hesssyk headed towards the black market to pick up something on his way out. Maybe a job contract or some illegal goods. Hesssyk had a craving for some black market snacks. After getting a few supplies, he boarded his ship he looked to his droids, "Head towards Geonosis!" Hesssyk said. His droids followed his orders, with Overseer calling the shots. Hesssyk sat in the captain's quarters and began planning his next actions.

Hesssyk had a simple job, meet up with a former separatist leader, aquire the stolen goods, and drop them off on tatooine. Upon arriving on Geonosis, the deal went smoothly, and he was now headed towards Tatooine. After dropping the crate near its mark, he left. Eventually having his credits sent to a undisclosed location. He took his pay and was now planning on taking a job on Tatooine. The best place to get a job would either be at the shipyard or the club. Hesssyk paused to decide where he'd head next.

Last edited:

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
Dragar, or more known as Royal was hired to fix somebody's ship. After his job, He came to a cantina, hoping to get food or something to drink. He saw someone holding a storm trooper helmet, sitting on one of the seats. After he had paid for his drink, He sat on the table infront of the person holding the helmet. he took off his helmet, Showing his dark blue hair as he went to drink his drink. as he finished drinking, he started a conversation. "Hey, You. Yes, You. Where'd you get that helmet? I'm Royal." As he waited for an answer, he took a sip from his drink. If that guy would pull out a gun, Royal knew that he could probably over-power him. And Mandalorian Armor were immune to blaster shots anyway. Unless this guy is stupid, He'd know the best for him.

D

Deleted member 227971

Damien looked up at him, a little startled, just pulling the helmet closer to him. "Well, uh, aha," He cleared his throat, stuttering a little. "I'm Damien, and this is mine. I earnt it. A trooper was tryna get his dirty hands on my stuff and well, didn't end great for him." There was pride in their voice, but with a hint of being false. He took a sip of his drink, not looking away from this 'Royal'. "Why'd you ask? I'll have you know its not for sale, though I don't see you having any use for it exactly." He gestured to his helmet.

Rex

Resident Furry
Just as quickly as it had started, it was over. The Mandalorian Zeek was supposed to be working with on the Fortuna job was going off to maybe get himself killed, and certainly try to kill the other man. He'd mediated conflicts between bounty hunters before, but always over the same target, never when one was contracted to kill the other. Could he do anything to stop it? Should he try and stop it? The Droid certainly didn't seem to think its master needed saving. The Selonian's eyes drifted over towards his own ship, it was equipped with an anti-personal blaster, he could probably -

The dockworker broke him out of his racing thoughts. He released the handle of his gun, the weapon still safe in its holster. Returning instead to his datapad, Zeek turned to face the Mirialan. He caught the sight of a human storming out of the room while he did, clearly something had happened while he was stuck in his own mind. Still, it wouldn't do to ignore the Mirialan's query. He cleared his throat, then offered his datapad to her.

"Same as the Droid, thank you," he said, accent a little thicker momentarily from the remaining tension, "Just fill out the relevant information on this form, and the credits will be transferred over."

Roqa glanced up to the Selonian' datapad, accepting the device. She began to fill out the info, and glanced back to make sure Deelo was back in his office.

"You know... my boss has a long-range comm system in his office." Roqa said quietly to Zeek as she slowly filled out the form. The Mirialan made sure she kept her back to the office so if Deelo was watching, he wouldn't be able to tell she was speaking to the Selonian. "I overheard him eavesdropping on the conversation you and the Mando were having in orbit. The only thing I caught was that you two were bounty hunters, but I'm sure my boss caught much more. Now I don't really care too much about whatever happens to anyone on this ball of sand. But my boss is the talkative type. So if you're going after someone with connections, it might be possible that you've lost the element of surprise."

Roqa looked back up at Zeek, and handed him back his datapad.
"I'm only telling you this because I hate my boss's guts. So just a heads up." Roqa said to the Selonian.

Joelkjn Fox Lord

Previously Joelkjn Ōkami
Marcus followed Quell outside but didn't put his sword away. As soon as they were outside he instantly put some good distance between them. He knew they would probably start engaging in an air combat, but that is what he wanted. He had trained a lot in the air with swords when he was still in the Saxon clan and he never stopped practicing.

"Whenever you are ready." Marcus stated to Quell.

Quell turned to his adversary, noticing he was a few feet away. He drew his sword and took a stance. He noticed the people around them looking at them funny, which was understandable. It was probably a rare sight seeing a Mandalorian. And an even rarer to see one fight. But he focused more on his opponent than the people around him.
"You know, the Saxon clan did the right thing by throwing you out. I may not agree with what their goals were but throwing you out was the right choice. It is the way" Quell said, trying to get Marcus angry so he would be more careless in the fight even though the words almost made him gag. He had always hated the Empire so praising former allies of the Empire put some bad taste in his mouth. He activated his jetpack and flew straight ahead towards Marcus and aimed his sword at the head.

~Hesssyk Ussk...~

After grabbing a smuggling job from the hutt cartel to pick up a crate that crash landed on the outskirts of Tatooine. He headed to his ship. Then set his coordinates near the supposed crash site. The ships crew appeared to have died upon landing, and the corpses of two smugglers were near the wreckage. They were brutally killed. "Bullet wounds. Puncture wounds. This looks like tusken handy work. Sloppy" Hesssyk said. Despite Hesssyk's blatant insult, Hesssyk had some respect for the tusken raiders tribalistic ways, and their warriors. The cargo crate had some damage, but was mostly intact. Hesssyk was relatively surprised jawa hadn't scrapped it already. Though he sparred no time in lifting it up.

Hesssyk let out a sadistic laugh as he neared his ship. Apparently some jawas must have gotten a little too close to his ship, which seemed evident by the jawa corpses. His ship's automated turrets must have made quick work of those little fiendish creatures. Hesssyk stepped on one of the corpses at he went aboard his ship.

After giving the cargo to the client, and recieving his pay, he had no reason to stick around for long. He headed to the cantinas for a quick drink. Maybe enjoy a good cantina fight.