• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Sprout Laboratory Discussion

Would you like a map of the lab?

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thank you for taking the time to look at this! This is a Pokemon Lab (hence the title) roleplay where the goal is to escape, facing shenanigans in the lab, all while trying to get along. This may or may not include gore.

Rp Thread: https://pokecharms.com/threads/sprout-labratory.22184/

After PorygonZ and Mewtwo had failed, humans began to wonder if all Pokémon were able to be modified to their liking. They rounded up many wild Pokémon, even started breeding the best, only for them to be ruthlessly experimented on, all while under the general public eye. Realizing the public would most likely get suspicious on how the wild Pokémon’s population is dwindling, they started a routine in order to make the lab Pokémon live as long as they can. With the new routine, escaping finally seems possible. Possible doesn’t mean easy, though.
8:00: Wake up or be classified as lazy, and you certainly do not want that to happen. While you wait for everybody to wake up/have their food rations get split in half for the day, enjoy pacing around in your room for an hour.
9:00: All food and water bowls will get filled up. If you don’t eat, you’ll have to wait a few hours, since all bowls get taken up.
10:00: Blue Room.
11:00: You can either run on your wheel for exercise, or you can wander around the building. The yard isn’t open yet. Scientists may still round up mons to go to the blue room.
1:00: Kibble bowls and water bowls get filled up. It’s still free time, however.
3:00: The yard is open, and you can take in that fresh air. The walls are made out of pretty much indestructible glass, so you can’t escape that way!
6:00: All mons are rounded up back into their enclosures, and all food and water bowls get filled up.
7:00: Blue Room. This is also the time where scientists may breed Pokémon.
8:00: Sleep. So you can restart the fun times again!
Pokémon can have many different traits from genetic modifying. For one, they can have a complete different typing, such as a Dedenne being Electric/Dark. They can also learn different moves, or different color pallets. Sometimes, one might have the moveset and colors of another! Amplified abilities, such as speed or strength, are also possible. However, the strongest Pokémon never last long, due to the strain.
The entire building, along with being disguised as a daycare and hatchery, is split up into three separate parts, A, B, and C. Each section has thirty enclosures, and all Pokémon have a code name scientists refer to. The code name has the Pokémon’s section, and then what number their enclosure is. So, a code name would be something like B21. This Pokémon lives in section B, room twenty-one. Simple, right? Depending on how much people this rp gets, some rooms may be filled up with totally random mons that are unrelated to the plot.
In order to make every Pokémon as quiet as possible, they have perks and disadvantages according to how you act. The scale goes from passive, to passive aggressive, to semi aggressive, and then aggressive. Passive Pokémon don’t get any foliage or enrichment in their enclosures besides the water bowl, food bowl, and wheel. Aggressive Pokémon get a mini stream, along with plenty of vegetation. However, all aggressive Pokémon get a shock collar (for ground types, a collar that releases blistering cold air) in order to keep them behaved. This doesn’t always work, and if you end up being too much to handle (or they find up you’re using it for the enclosures), well, enjoy having your throat slit.

If there’s something you’re confused about, go ahead and ask me anything!

The only rules I have here is that you are only aloud to have two ocs. Death is possible, and if any of your ocs dies then you are aloud to put another one in. Please don’t use this to your advantage. (Most) Scientists will be played by me, but go ahead and ask if you wanna do any scientists. Oh, and two traits max, along with an optional boost! (speed, strength, etc) This is because you may earn another one during the roleplay.

Go ahead, throw a bio or form at me!

Name:
Code Name:
Traits:
Appearance (please no accessories unless it is a shock collar!):
Personality:
Aggressive or Passive? (If you need a reminder, the scale goes from passive, passive aggressive, semi aggressive, then aggressive.):
How long have you been at the lab? (from a month to a year):

Name: Algae (he prefers to be called Al)
Code Name: C28
Species: Quagsire
Traits: Instead of Ground, his typing is Water/Poison. Although he loses his immunity to Electric, he is also significantly stronger, but it is most likely from training. If Al feels like it, he can poison nearly anybody.
Appearance: Nothing too out of the ordinary, except that he is slightly bulkier. He has a small fang.
Personality: He’s adamant, usually listening to nobody. Algae is also thick-skinned, and it’s usually hard to make fun of him. Insulting him isn’t something to be proud of, however, since he is extremely vengeful and loves himself some revenge. He is grumpy, and doesn’t get along easily. However, Algae is also inquisitive.
How long have you been at the lab?: He’s been in the lab around four to five months.
Aggressive or Passive: Semi-Aggresive
Name: Gumi (pronounced like Goomy)
Code Name: B11
Species: Reuniclus
Traits: Gumi has the Electric type. She is able to replicate many electric type moves, and is also noticeably quicker than the average Reuniclus.
Appearance: Her jelly has solidified in places, and her ears are more longer and floppier. Along with hardened jelly, it also occasionally is spiked around, like if it was electrocuted.
Personality: She is mischievous and sarcastic, almost crude at times. Gumi is also quite forgetful and impatient, along with being very food-motivated. She puts on a cheerful act most of the time in order to get what she wants. Admittedly, she is also a sore loser and not exactly the most loyal.
How long have you been at the lab?: Around three months.
Aggressive or Passive?: Passive-Aggressive
Name: Nobody really knows, but everyone calls him Stranger.
Nicknames: Oh, there’s a ton everymon at the lab uses. Dirtwad, dingus, the list goes on.
Appearance: No one ever really looks at him straight in the eye, but they describe him with hazel eyes and dark brown hair.
Personality: Stranger doesn’t care. Being one of the more respected scientists at the lab, he only cares if the Pokémon is living, and that’s it. He’s seemingly quiet, never tolerating disobedience. Ones that do disobey him never last long.
There’s not a lot of info the mons know about him, mostly because they can’t understand most of what he says.

Thank you for reading! This rest of the post will be taken code names and a few tags.

@ChocoChipBrownie @RenzFlintrock @GymLeaderJojo here it is, guys!! please consider

hey please no more females just yet there’s a crud ton

wow I should sort out the codes
Taken Codes:
C28 (Algae)
B11 (Gumi)
A30 (Molly)
B9 (Wyatt)
C14 (Ciara)
B20 (Lota) (Dropped out)
A29 (Milla)
A5 (Neko)
B18 (Rika)
A28 (King)
C15 (Eve)
B10 (Tiara)
C24 (Clad)
C1 (Ashton)
A27 (Rex)

Last edited:
Name: Molly
Code Name: A30
Species: Drednaw
Traits: Molly is much larger than average members of her species, and is much, much stronger, despite little actual experience with battling. Her traits are massively increased physical attack and defense.
Appearance: A larger than usual Drednaw. She has a shock collar, although it’s mostly hidden within her shell.
Personality: Molly is extraordinarily grumpy. Her room had to be reinforced soon after she evolved, because a big hole got poked into the hallway. (She had to be sedated until they could repair it.)
Aggressive or Passive: Agressive. Exceptionally so.
How long have you been at the lab: 1 year. Was caught in the wild as a Chewtle, was experimented on, and soon evolved.

Name: Wyatt
Code Name: B9
Species: Joltik
Traits: Besides being much faster and having higher reflexes than most members of his species, Wyatt is able to weave webs that are practically unbreakable. However, his body produces a chemical that can dissolve it and turn it back into liquid form, able to be reused later. Unfortunately he is very physically weak, and a single hit could squash him.
Appearance: A fuzzy, adorable little Joltik!
Personality: He was hatched in the laboratory, so he doesn’t really have much motivation to have a life other than the one he currently leads. However, he doesn’t like the way they are treated, and he is always upset when people look down on him because of his small size. (Note: He is an electrovore, so he would need a battery as food instead of berries or whatever.)
Aggressive or Passive: Passive-Agressive
How long have you been at the lab?: 3ish months.

Pretty good, accepted! That reminds me, I’m now starting to wonder how aggressive ground types work, since electricity doesn’t affect them. Even if drednaw isn’t ground type, I should think about that…

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Name: Ciara (goes by Cici or Ara)
Code Name: C14
Species: Delcatty
Traits: She’s powerful for a Delcatty, but her spirit is broken. Has immense potential power, but doesn’t use it. She is very volatile and is prone to huge mood swings. She also has heightened speed. A dark type.
Appearance (please no accessories unless it is a shock collar!): Pretty much a gothic Delcatty. The purple parts are bloodred and the normal tan is a jet-black. Instead of looking primped and preened like most Delcatty, her fur has a rough, ragged look to it.
Personality: Withdrawn and dark. Has a dark sense of humor. Meek. Don’t talk to her unless you want to be depressed. Because she herself is depressed. She’s got a melancholy, broken, pessimistic outlook on life.
Aggressive or Passive? It really depends. Due to her mood swings, she could be meek one minute, fierce and unyielding the next. She wears a shock collar just in case.
How long have you been at the lab? (from a month to a year): Nearly a year.

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Drew my character. Because reasons.
F6EAE820-C8FB-453A-B033-EE8664472DCF.jpeg

Name: Iota
Code Name: B20
Species: Raichu
Traits: Has a higher defense than normal, and is colored like a Pikachu.
Appearance (please no accessories unless it is a shock collar!): A yellow Raichu with red cheeks and black ears.
Personality: Iota is a quiet Pokemon, and the most you’ll get out of her is a lecture to follow the rules. She’s quite the bureaucrat, mostly out of fear. Surprisingly doesn’t mind jokes.
Aggressive or Passive? (If you need a reminder, the scale goes from passive, passive aggressive, semi aggressive, then aggressive.): Passive, clearly.
How long have you been at the lab? (from a month to a year): Five months

(I doubt you need to 'reserve' a spot, unless you don't have time to post a character bio. If you do have the time, post it, and the RP leader can decide to approve it or not once he's back.)

Scamper the yamper

Previously Pokemonwolf667
(I'm kinda busy now so...)
Name: Milla
Code Name: A29
Species: Growlithe
Traits: smaller than a normal Growlithe, different fur color, phychic and fire l type, uses blue fire instead of red
Appearance (please no accessories unless it is a shock collar!):blue and black fur, scar on her eye
Personality:nice, Kind, short tempered, acts cute, sometimes fiesty, uncomfortable around other Pokemon, generous
Aggressive or Passive? (If you need a reminder, the scale goes from passive, passive aggressive, semi aggressive, then aggressive.) Passive agressive
How long have you been at the lab? (from a month to a year):5 months

Last edited:
This has perked my interest.
Name: Neko
Code Name: A5
Species: Espurr
Traits: Has increased Defence. Becomes half Steel Type due to several metal plates inserted in different part of him, allowing him to learn certain Steel Type moves.
Appearance (please no accessories unless it is a shock collar!): The same as a normal Espurr, but has a large metal plate on his chest, knees and forehead.
Personality: Does not like battling. If confronted, he will retreat and if attacked he won't retaliate (usually). He is quite nice and will be kind to most people. He likes giving people gifts and healing others.
Aggressive or Passive?: Passive
How long have you been at the lab? (from a month to a year): 2 months

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Name: King
Code Name: A28
Species: Elekid
Traits: King has both electric/fighting type.
Making him much more stronger then his average species and makes him able to copy any fighting move he sees and electrify those moves.
Appearance: while half of his body remains the same of the color yellow the other half of his body becomes bright orange.

Personality: King is incredibly dense, loves to fight, and is easily angered if someone underestimates him and we'll go out of this way to prove that he is strong and doesn't need others help, but will immediately calm down when someone compliments him.

Aggressive or Passive?: Semi-aggressive

How long have you been at the lab? (from a month to a year): 6 months.

Scamper the yamper

Previously Pokemonwolf667
I was bored so...
20200327_125155.jpg

I made my character, but I didn't have the peachy white- brown for the places the yellow places

She's a fire/psychic type

I fixed my character forum

Name: Milla
Code Name: A29
Species: Growlithe
Traits: smaller than a normal Growlithe, different fur color, phychic and fire l type, uses blue fire instead of red, faster than a cheetah
Appearance (please no accessories unless it is a shock collar!):blue and black fur, scar on her eye
Personality:nice, Kind, short tempered, acts cute, sometimes fiesty, uncomfortable around other Pokemon, generous
Aggressive or Passive? (If you need a reminder, the scale goes from passive, passive aggressive, semi aggressive, then aggressive.) Passive agressive
How long have you been at the lab? (from a month to a year):5 months

Last edited:
Hello, hello! This has piqued my interest, so here I am!
Name: Rika
Code Name: B18
Species: Eevee
Traits: Riku has the Fire/Ice typing due to rigorous testing and experiments. She's smaller than the average Eevee but is way faster.
Appearance: She has extra fur all over her body, causing tufts to come out in different places. She has heterochromia, giving her a red eye and a blue eye, and a couple scars hidden by the fluff. Due to her frequent personality switches, she wears a shock collar. Other than that, she's a normal Eevee.
Personality: She's okay with other Pokemon, but if someone starts throwing out insults, she'll throw them back. She isn't afraid to battle someone, and will attack without warning. She will protect others too. Rika has frequent mood swings, but she's mostly happy. Her personality is unpredictable, and thats what might make her dangerous:
Aggressive or Passive?: Semi aggressive.
How long have you been at the lab?: Around 9 months
(sHE's vEry FLufFy)

So… I’ll be spinning a wheel to see who will be in the blue room-

Since it’s just the first day in the rp it will be a minor check. If you do not want to be in the blue room and you end up getting chosen, just tell me and I’ll respin the wheel!

So the mons today are King and Wyatt. Just hold up, it might be a moment until I post
@Jacksoneternal
@RenzFlintrock

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Name: Eve
Code Name: C15
Species: Eevee
Traits:
- Specialty Moves: Having an incredibly unstable genetic makeup - far more unstable than a normal Eevee - she can use moves of the types of her Eeveelutions. This, however, also results in her being unable to evolve - though the scientists are trying to get around this.
- Prismatic: Her eyes change colors when she attacks, depending on the move type she's using (pink for Fairy, light blue for Ice, green for Grass, you get the idea).
Appearance: Normal Eevee
Personality: She's a rebellious and determined Pokemon, with a fire constantly burning in her heart. She's got a sarcastic sense of humor, and is taking her whole situation very well - or so it seems. She's constantly making quips about her plight, and often insults the scientists in a language they do not speak.
Aggressive or Passive? Bordering between passive aggressive and semi aggressive
How long have you been at the lab? (from a month to a year): Six months

Name: Tiara
Code Name: B10
Species: Riolu
Traits:
- Enhanced Aura: Her aura is far stronger than that of a typical Riolu, with her even being able to manifest attacks and apparitions with it.
Appearance (please no accessories unless it is a shock collar!): She's relatively normal, but the blue parts of her body are slightly lighter.
Personality: Calm and collected, she's not the leader type. Though she manages to stay strong, deep down she fears for those she loves more than herself. She's selfless and kind, and can go from zero to 100 in a second if someone she loves is threatened.
Aggressive or Passive?: Passive aggressive (most of the time)
How long have you been at the lab? (from a month to a year): Eight months