• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Spring Samba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex

Resident Furry
"So you're all going to Littleroot then?" Liam grinned, "All four of us together does sound a lot safer then each of us going alone or in pairs. I promise I won't take too long in Rustboro, and maybe I can convince Birch to allow me to have one of the local Starters while in Littleroot."

Once again, Liam returned his notebook to his backpack, pulling out the map of Hoenn. "Okay, other then the water route, which I can't actually traverse either, am I right in assuming the fastest way to Rustboro, and thus, Littleroot, is cutting through Rusturf tunnel?"

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
"Aye." Mori nodded "North from here to Mauville, west from there to Verdanturf, then through the Rusturf tunnel to Rustboro - although you probably don't need a confirmation with that map of yours."

Well, that was a bit more traveling companions than she expected when she came here... but after all, why not, really? Her only hope was that Sinistral wouldn't drive the others too crazy. The Zorua, for her part, seemed to be unusually quiet - but whether or not she was truly calm or up to some major mischief, she did not yet know.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
"I agree. There's definitely strength in numbers concerning this kind of thing." Alan replied. Going along with this group was a brilliant choice in his mind, especially concerning how his last region-crossing attempt through Kanto, one he took solo, was such a failure. Now he could finally get the chance to learn a thing or two from at least one of these three about training. The thought of taking Hoenn's league challenge suddenly crossed his mind, but he quickly shot down the notion before he could start fantasizing about such a thing. 'One step at a time...' He thought to himself, knowing full well he had a long way to go before any of that could even come into consideration.

Rex

Resident Furry
Liam nodded, "Yeah, that's the exact same route I planned going back in Slateport City."

The teenager took a moment to return Vector to his Pokeball, deciding that with the number of Pokemon currently present it was best if the Poochyena didn't get into any trouble. After making sure Rick was nearby, he looked towards the north.

"Okay, ready to go when ever you three are," he grinned.

Xyrem smiled brightly. Although she was rather introverted by nature, she did enjoy the concept of having a ragtag bunch traveling with her in this unfamiliar region.

"Well, let's go~" Xyrem began to walk farther down the route, 'Vadumee in tow. She hoped her new traveling partners would join her, else she would look rather silly walking off on her own.

[OOC: Yay for short?]

Mr.RMA

Alan looked down towards Sileo. "So, you ready?" He asked the Mudkip with an excited grin. Sileo simply nodded once more, giving a quiet, though rather determined sounding "Kip" in response.

"Right, let's get going." Alan quickly followed after Xyrem, Sileo keeping pace and staying close to his master, keeping alert for anything hostile that could make itself known to either of them.

Rex

Resident Furry
Liam wandered after Xyrem and Alan, nose already back in his map. His Shiny Buizel followed after him, doing his best to make sure he didn't run into Liam should the trainer make another sudden stop.

"So is there anything you guys want to stop for in Mauville? The Gym, bike shop, Game Corner, anything?" he asked.

"Me? Nah, I'm just along for the ride until we get to Littleroot," Xyrem replied with a smile. 'Vadumee stretched lazily as they walked along the path. "But I'll stay for as long as you guys need."

It was a rather bright and warm day. The air was filled with the gentle sounds of the water lapping at the shores of the path, along with the soft rustle of the tall grasses around them. Every once in a while, a Zigzagoon or Wurmple would scuttle over the beaten path in order to reach the patch of grass on the opposite side. It was rather idyllic, and Xyrem was slipping into a content, zoned-out state.

Suddenly, a young Poochyena darted from the grasses straight into 'Vadumee's leg. The immense chicken looked down, giving the pup an annoyed glare. In response, it growled, and barked loudly. Xyrem looked back, surprised at the small Pokemon's vigor. 'Vadumee was just as surprised, and was now staring blankly down at it as it continued to yap.

"Huh. That was unexpected. Well, do whatever you want, 'Vadumee," Xyrem said. 'Vadumee bent down, so that his avian face was closer to the pup. He let out a rather diminutive ember, leaving the young Pokemon sufficiently charred. For a minute, Xyrem brought her hand to her chin in thought.

"Yeah, why not?" she said, seemingly to no one, and pulled out an Ultra ball from her bag. She tossed it softly, and the Poochyena was absorbed in a flash of light. A few shakes later, the ball sealed with a click, and the Poochyena was hers. Xyrem walked over, picked it up, minimized it, and stuck it into a slot on her belt.

"When we get to Mauville, we can check out more info on this little guy. After all, I think it needs to be healed before I use it in battle at all," she mumbled to 'Vadumee, who nodded in return. "I hope you two will get along, 'Vadumee," she laughed.

"Sheesh, one day in a new region, and I already have a new friend, guys!" she smiled, directing her comment to the group who was now traveling with her.

[OOC: Sorry this took so long |D It's also not the best capture scene ever XD]

Rex

Resident Furry
Liam looked up from his map when the noise of battle reached him. He was in time to see the Blaziken completely scorch the attacking Poochyena, before the Trainer, Xyrem decided to capture it. The small Pokemon didn't even have a chance at escaping.

"Congratulations," Liam grinned.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
"Congratulations indeed." Mori grinned, nodding slightly in the general direction of the victorious trainer and her avian partner. "I'm impressed by the level of control that 'Vadumee has over his powers. I'd love to see him battle when he isn't holding back someday."

Mr.RMA

"I agree, that catch was flawless. Definitely could learn a thing or two by watching you more." Alan chimed in with a smile of his own. "Seems to prove the point that my issue for catching Pokemon is the same issue I have when it comes to battling." He thought aloud.

"But anyways, I don't think I'm quite ready for trying my hand at Gym leaders again, and I unfortunately lost all my money earlier when I arrived here, so I don't mind just passing through to the next town if you guys don't have anything you want to do." He said in reference to Liam's earlier question.

"Thanks guys," the redhead smiled, and bashfully brought a hand to the back of her head. "I figured that since I'm here anyway, I might as well catch some new friends." 'Vadumee nodded knowingly.

"And when this one's not holding back," she reached up to pat the fighting type's shoulder, "he's a force of nature. I'd love to have an epic battle or two."

[OOC: just a short reply :>]

Rex

Resident Furry
Liam kept his nose in his map the rest of the way to Mauville City. Upon arriving, he returned his map to his backpack, and pulled out his notebook again.

"Mauville City, home of Hoenn's game corner, as well as a Gym," he said, reading off the paper, "We go west from here and we'll reach Verdanturf Town, and then the Rusturf Tunnel."

The trainer returned his notebook to his backpack, and looked into the city proper. It looked easy enough to get lost in. Mauville was an average sized city for the Hoenn region, practically right in the middle of the region. This meant a lot of travelers made their way into the city, as well. Liam hoped that there wouldn't be any trouble with other trainers.

"Do you guys want to stay together, or meet up at the entrance to Route 117?" he asked, before looking down at his Buizel, "Rick and I were thinking of checking out the Game Corner, since we were never allowed to see the one in Veilstone City when we lived there."

Status
Not open for further replies.