• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Sport

I'm surprised a topic like this has not sprung up yet~

So. This is a topic about sport. This is where you tell our community your sporting preferences, your favourite competitions/leagues, sports you dislike and why you dislike them. Basically, if it has anything to do with sport, it goes here.

Discuss!

My main sport nowadays is epee fencing, though I used to play tennis.

Fencing is a good time, and all, but recently, I just haven't been feeling it, and I've been thinking about moving on to something else.

I play hockey and basketball. I'm tall so basketball is an obvious choice and I enjoyed hockey at school so I carried on playing and I'm pretty good with ball control and striking in hockey. I occasionally play dodgeball which I'm pretty decent my skinnyness lets me dodge a lot of shots plus my good reflexes and then my tallness means I can dive further or reach higher to catch balls to get people out :p

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
For roughly ten years I played American football (Flag for three of them, but I still count it), though I recently quit because...well, as I've probably already said before, I hated it. Not so much the sport in general, as I still watch it quite often, at least where pro football is concerned, (Go Pats), but playing it is another matter entirely. For some reason, whether it was some of the more obnoxious jocks or the two-a-day practices in the blazing sun, I just found myself detesting the participation in the gridiron more and more. I didn't like it enough to go through the practices, so I stopped when I got the chance.

Now, aside from that, I haven't really taken part in any real sports for some time. I do some running every now and then, as much as possible at least, and I do occasionally scuba dive when I get the chance, I believe that's considered a sport. Unfortunately, central Ohio leaves very little water to swim around in, so all I've got are the closest quarries where they actually allow diving, which I've come to visit annually, just to keep my skills from getting too rusty. Hopefully I'll find more convenient opportunities in the future so I can go more often, and perhaps even to more exotic locations.

I have a black belt in both kempo style karate and Okinawin (I have no idea how to spell it) ju-jitsu. I've started aikido recently. I don't really do anything else that could count as a sport anymore. :p

I uniformly suck at playing all different sports, but if I had any talent whatsoever, I'd play Lacrosse~ I played very briefly back in middle school and I'm glad I at least tried. On the other hand, I do like watching (American) football (especially college) and basketball. About the only sports I really can't stomach watching are soccer and golf.

Btw, I'm a hometown girl so my favorite team is the Atlanta Falcons ♥

Ahaha, this reminds me of Shado's retort of my comment in the previous sport thread. Fun times~

I've never been much of a sportsman. I did archery for some three years, and I got pretty good at that,but time constraints and gradually losing interest pulled me away from that. Other then that, I do swimming and fitness to keep me in better shape. I also cycle about 60-something kilometres every five days because hurdurrr school.

There are no sports I enjoy watching, I must admit.