• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Splice Discussion

Oh shoot I meant to turn it back haha. Sorry to get your hopes up

there’s one more person I’m waiting to get a response from. If they don’t end up joining I might open it up again
I see, can I come chill on your Discord server though? I've been lurking here since the RP was created but never posted anything because I was indecisive about whether or not I wanted to join but then I got an idea I really liked but by then the RP was already set to private and I want to talk about my idea.

I see, can I come chill on your Discord server though? I've been lurking here since the RP was created but never posted anything because I was indecisive about whether or not I wanted to join but then I got an idea I really liked but by then the RP was already set to private and I want to talk about my idea.
Ummm, sure? Haha that was a lot. You’re free to join the discord, it isn’t very active though. I mostly just keep track of spirit ideas on there

Name: Luis Gregor
Ambition: Endure the new harsh world
Appearance: A man standing at 5'6 with ear length black hair and dark brown eyes. His clothes are very dusty and full of torn due to the current state of the world. He wears a black hoodie with a red T-shirt bellow, grey pants and black boots. He carries a metal bat on his person as a weapon.
Personality: Luis is a really passive guy. He doesn't talk much unless spoken to, in which case he becomes overly talkative. He is usually very relaxed but has become more vigilant after the world fell apart. Believing that being down would only make their new situation worse, Luis opted to adopt a more optimistic attitude and outlook on life. With that said, he isn't free from a pessimistic mindset about survival in this new world.
Backstory: Luis was an unremarkable person before the Haunting, he worked at a boring 9 to 5 retail job, barely had any friends, had no plans for the future and still lived with his parents. Despite the poor lifestyle, Luis was content with his life and never really desired much more. Everything changed when the Haunting attacked.

Name: Luis Gregor
Ambition: Endure the new harsh world
Appearance: A man standing at 5'6 with ear length black hair and dark brown eyes. His clothes are very dusty and full of torn due to the current state of the world. He wears a black hoodie with a red T-shirt bellow, grey pants and black boots. He carries a metal bat on his person as a weapon.
Personality: Luis is a really passive guy. He doesn't talk much unless spoken to, in which case he becomes overly talkative. He is usually very relaxed but has become more vigilant after the world fell apart. Believing that being down would only make their new situation worse, Luis opted to adopt a more optimistic attitude and outlook on life. With that said, he isn't free from a pessimistic mindset about survival in this new world.
Backstory: Luis was an unremarkable person before the Haunting, he worked at a boring 9 to 5 retail job, barely had any friends, had no plans for the future and still lived with his parents. Despite the poor lifestyle, Luis was content with his life and never really desired much more. Everything changed when the Haunting attacked.
Accepted!

Name: Cillian (Kill-ee-an) Crowell
Ambition: Cast some light on this dark world. A smile means quite a lot in times like this.
Appearance: Cillian’s has a head of thick, true black hair. He would typically keep the sides faded, with the top messily pushed to the left, out of his face- but it’s gotten a bit shaggy, and by consequence, a bit messier
He’s got bright, emerald-green eyes, which are slightly dulled by his glasses. Sadly, said glasses had to be carefully mended with super-glue along the left lens; a break which had occurred early on in the...incident.
Before the incident, Cillian would’ve hesitantly admitted he had the slightest bit of excess pudge around his pale gut; curtesy of his job keeping him in a seat all the time.
Now, however? The charcoal-haired young man had lost about fifteen pounds; causing his small muffin top to completely vanish, leaving a flat, sun-kissed, and smooth stomach behind in its place. Thankfully, he’d managed to keep himself somewhat well-fed, so any significant weight-loss hadn’t occurred.
Broad shoulders and roughly 6’2”in height. Quite an imposing figure, despite the lack of any significant muscle definition.
Cillian’s upper body is protected by well-insulated, grey jacket with the sleeves pulled up to his forearms. Hidden away underneath said jacket, resides a simple black t-shirt with a “Dragon Ball” logo on it; a show Cillian was quite fond of as a young child.
His legs are covered by a pair of durable, black work-jeans he grabbed while fleeing from his apartment.
His feet are protected by his trusty, old pair of steel-toed boots. Unfortunately, a hole had been torn into the back-left ankle of his right boot a short time ago. To mitigate this; Cillian simply doubled up on socks, and covered the tear with black tape. He couldn't see any point in replacing the shoes, as they were still more durable than anything he’d come across so far.
Oppose to a backpack, Cillian keeps a large, brown satchel slung over his chest for easy access.
Personality: Even now, Cillian is quite the fun-loving individual. He enjoys interacting with new people on a regular basis, and always has some pre-prepared joke on the back-burner.
He tries to be helpful when others are in need, but he honestly can’t stand people who only have a negative view on the world, as it brings his mood down.
Though he wouldn’t mention it- every once in awhile, Cillian’s smile would break, and an overwhelming sense of dread would drown the young man in a flurry of negative thoughts. He couldn’t help but let the panic-dams burst occasionally. In times like this, the messy-haired young man would retreat to a place of solitude, becoming quite the opposite of his day-to-day self.
Backstory: Cillian’s childhood was...underwhelming; two loving parents, middle-class house, reasonable schooling.
He made plenty of friends, kept his grades up, and even joined the swim team in late middle-school.
He graduated high school by age seventeen and, rather than go to College, the adolescent boy immediately got a job in construction. For the next three years, Cillian would wake up each morning at 4AM, get dressed, and go pour concrete for seven hours.
While his post-high school life wasn’t all too glamorous, the pay was pretty decent for a single twenty year-old with no college education.
All in all, things were going pretty smoothly for Cillian. A good friend-group, decent paying job, his own place...he’d finally managed to get established as a responsible adult in his own right...then the world ended.
Although- unlike most, Cillian didn’t suffer any great tragedies during the mass panic. His family lived on the other side of the country, and his friends...well...no point dwelling on what might’ve happened to them...
All he can do now is keep on trying to move forward, despite the collapsing world around him.

Name: Cillian (Kill-ee-an) Crowell
Ambition: Cast some light on this dark world. A smile means quite a lot in times like this.
Appearance: Cillian’s has a head of thick, true black hair. He would typically keep the sides faded, with the top messily pushed to the left, out of his face- but it’s gotten a bit shaggy, and by consequence, a bit messier
He’s got bright, emerald-green eyes, which are slightly dulled by his glasses. Sadly, said glasses had to be carefully mended with super-glue along the left lens; a break which had occurred early on in the...incident.
Before the incident, Cillian would’ve hesitantly admitted he had the slightest bit of excess pudge around his pale gut; curtesy of his job keeping him in a seat all the time.
Now, however? The charcoal-haired young man had lost about fifteen pounds; causing his small muffin top to completely vanish, leaving a flat, sun-kissed, and smooth stomach behind in its place. Thankfully, he’d managed to keep himself somewhat well-fed, so any significant weight-loss hadn’t occurred.
Broad shoulders and roughly 6’2”in height. Quite an imposing figure, despite the lack of any significant muscle definition.
Cillian’s upper body is protected by well-insulated, grey jacket with the sleeves pulled up to his forearms. Hidden away underneath said jacket, resides a simple black t-shirt with a “Dragon Ball” logo on it; a show Cillian was quite fond of as a young child.
His legs are covered by a pair of durable, black work-jeans he grabbed while fleeing from his apartment.
His feet are protected by his trusty, old pair of steel-toed boots. Unfortunately, a hole had been torn into the back-left ankle of his right boot a short time ago. To mitigate this; Cillian simply doubled up on socks, and covered the tear with black tape. He couldn't see any point in replacing the shoes, as they were still more durable than anything he’d come across so far.
Oppose to a backpack, Cillian keeps a large, brown satchel slung over his chest for easy access.
Personality: Even now, Cillian is quite the fun-loving individual. He enjoys interacting with new people on a regular basis, and always has some pre-prepared joke on the back-burner.
He tries to be helpful when others are in need, but he honestly can’t stand people who only have a negative view on the world, as it brings his mood down.
Though he wouldn’t mention it- every once in awhile, Cillian’s smile would break, and an overwhelming sense of dread would drown the young man in a flurry of negative thoughts. He couldn’t help but let the panic-dams burst occasionally. In times like this, the messy-haired young man would retreat to a place of solitude, becoming quite the opposite of his day-to-day self.
Backstory: Cillian’s childhood was...underwhelming; two loving parents, middle-class house, reasonable schooling.
He made plenty of friends, kept his grades up, and even joined the swim team in late middle-school.
He graduated high school by age seventeen and, rather than go to College, the adolescent boy immediately got a job in construction. For the next three years, Cillian would wake up each morning at 4AM, get dressed, and go pour concrete for seven hours.
While his post-high school life wasn’t all too glamorous, the pay was pretty decent for a single twenty year-old with no college education.
All in all, things were going pretty smoothly for Cillian. A good friend-group, decent paying job, his own place...he’d finally managed to get established as a responsible adult in his own right...then the world ended.
Although- unlike most, Cillian didn’t suffer any great tragedies during the mass panic. His family lived on the other side of the country, and his friends...well...no point dwelling on what might’ve happened to them...
All he can do now is keep on trying to move forward, despite the collapsing world around him.
Accepted!

sSoul

Previously Swirled
I did it. I made a character
Name: Calvin O'Donnell
Ambition: To get the demons and spirits off his back
Appearance: Calvin is overall an unimpressive young man in terms of appearance. With black hair, brown eyes, and a pale complexion, he typically dons a red hoodie with black jeans and shoes.
Personality: He's always had a quick wit, usually picking up on social cues before other people as well as being able to consistently tell well timed jokes. Since the Haunting, he's become a lot more pessimistic and irritable, but overall he's still a decent enough person to be around.
Backstory: Fortunately, Calvin was blessed to live a relatively normal life to this point. He was able to coast through school, had a good group of friends, and he was overall satisfied with his life. Of course, that wouldn't last in the Haunting. For some god forsaken reason, a small group of spirits decided to punk him in particular, possessing two of his friends, killing his third friend and possessing his little sister. While the first two spirits were content to walk around in his friends body and bully him with personalized jabs, the third demon caused his sister to become little more than a rabid dog, flailing around wildly on the ground while foaming at the mouth. To twist the knife, the spirit acts as if Calvin's sister has moments of lucidity between the sessions to cry out for someone to save her, although in reality, the sister is completely gone. Although he'd love nothing more than to exorcise the spirits or at least put his friends out of their misery, he believes that he can't.

Last edited:
I did it. I made a character
Name: Calvin O'Donnell
Ambition: To get the demons off his back
Appearance: Calvin is overall an unimpressive young man in terms of appearance. With black hair, brown eyes, and a pale complexion, he typically dons a red hoodie with black jeans and shoes.
Personality: He's always had a quick wit, usually picking up on social cues before other people as well as being able to consistently tell well timed jokes. Since the Haunting, he's become a lot more pessimistic and irritable, but overall he's still a decent enough person to be around.
Backstory: Fortunately, Calvin was blessed to live a relatively normal life to this point. He was able to coast through school, had a good group of friends, and he was overall satisfied with his life. Of course, that wouldn't last in the Haunting. For some god forsaken reason, a small group of demons decided to punk him in particular, possessing two of his friends, killing his third friend and possessing his little sister. While the first two demons were content to walk around in his friends body and bully him with personalized jabs, the third demon caused his sister to become little more than a rabid dog, flailing around wildly on the ground while foaming at the mouth. To twist the knife, the demon gives her moments of lucidity between the sessions to cry out for someone to save her, before reducing her to a rabid dog once again. Although he'd love nothing more than to exorcise the demons or at least put his friends out of their misery, he believes that he can't.
Accepted! Just a side note, there’s a difference between spirits and demons. Demons are a main enemy that exist in the world while spirits are intangible until they possess someone. Sorry it’s so confusing xD

I'll just post my character sheets anyway.

Name: Void Morningstar
Ambition: To have the power to keep people he cares about safe.
Appearance:
View attachment 896123
Personality: Despite he daunting name, Void is incredibly kind and compassionate. He feels strongly about protecting those who can't protect themselves and despises those who bully those weaker than themselves. He can have quite the temper at times and when forced into a corner can become rather violent. He enjoys playing guitar and drawing and has a strong big brother complex when it comes to those younger than himself.
Backstory: Void and his sister Destiny were raised in a well off family and when the world went to shit he assumed that his family would be safe in their expensive house, he was horribly wrong. It came one night and possessed his mother and killed his father and the rest of the staff, when he saw this Void ran, as he past his sisters room he paused to take her with him but the sounds of his possessed mother drawing nearer got the better of him and he ran, he abandoned his sister, left her to die and saved himself.

One of the spirits I would like him to have
Capacity: 28%
Name: Destiny
Ambition: To get revenge on her brother for abandoning her and leaving her to die.
Ability: Destiny is fast and has sharp claws and fangs. When spliced she will only be able to be summoned, Void wont gain her powers himself.
Past: Destiny was Void's sister and he hatred for him and his betrayal allowed her to become a powerful spirit.

Name: Elena Douglas
Ambition: To rid the world of spirits and demons.
Appearance:
View attachment 896124
Personality: Elena is tactical and methodical in how she acts and will always go above and beyond to complete her mission. She has a strong hatred for demons so much so that on occasions simply seeing one will shift her into a single minded kill thought process. She has worked to change this but sometimes her hate is too strong, when it comes to spirits she is considerably calmer.
Backstory: Elena group up in an orphanage, she was the oldest there never getting adopted and eventually working there once she was too old. When the demons came it was a massacre every was killed save for herself and a few of the orphans. They kept on the move for a while until the bastards finally caught up with them, Elena had gone out looking for food and returned to find every last remaining child torn apart. She was destroyed inside and became quite hollow until eventually joining Chimera in order to get her revenge.

Capacity: 42%
Name: Wrath
Ambition: To create hate and anger across the entire globe.
Ability: Monstrous strength and pyrokinesis. Wrath is strong enough to lift a tank in each hand and has the ability to control dark red flames that he calls hellfire.
Past: Before death Wrath was Ghengis Khan, the most ruthless and violent man in existence, his unbridled rage and prowess in battle built up and upon his death granted him the role of the Deadly Sin of Wrath.

Capacity: 7%
Name: Looker
Ambition: To pry and stalk as much as his heart desires.
Ability: Farsight. Looker has telescopic vision that he can zoom in and out with.
Past: Charles Munce was not a good guy, he stalked women and peeped through windows for most of his life up and till he fell from a tree trying to spy in some celebrities bedroom window and broke his neck. His sinful ways granted him the power of farsight.
I’m sorry but I don’t think it’ll work out, at least not the way they are right now. The only reason the rp isn’t closed was in case someone with a character that added a lot of diversity wanted to join and we have characters that fill the same roles or have similar ambitions already.

If you wanna adapt them and try again here’s a few notes:
The only spirit that could stay is Looker as a C rank and maybe destiny. Having wrath just would be way too broken, you could potentially get it far later in the story but the 7 deadly sins will be final bosses and would require basically all of their spiritual capacity; however, if you’re really interested in wrath and I end up accepting you we could try to work it out together and find some middle ground.

As for destiny, the A ranks are gonna be based on Solomon’s demons so there’d need to be some sort of connection to one. Either way, all of those spirits wouldn’t be available for someone just starting unless they were a preexisting member of chimera (in which case we’d figure stuff out in the discord).

Additionally we’d need a written appearance description in addition to the images.