• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Splatoon: A new type of Danger.

Everything seemed normal. Turf War, and all the little things Inklings did. Octolings were allowed now too! I didnt think this could get any better!

But...there’s a new type of danger. A type of ink, black ink, is turning everyone against each other....
Can we stop it...?

Ok, I’m pretty much obsessed with Splatoon, so, I made a roleplay for it!

Rules: Only a few. No swearing a lot, there will be blood and stuff, romance is kept to a minimum.

Charcter Bio.

Name
Appearance:
Personality
Background
Other

Name: Cyrus.

Appearance: Cyrus is a cyan inkling with green eyes. He wears a orange t-shirt with a sun on it, has dark blue jeans, the right pant leg being torn off, and wears a green tennis shoe on his left foot. He has a robotic left arm and right leg. (I have a photo in a My OC artwork thing, if anyone wants to look)

Personality: Cyrus is a shy inkling, hating when he has to talk to others and have social interactions. He has a good heart, and enjoys talking to people if he trusts them. He tries to stay quiet and away from attention, having low self confidence. He stammers and blushes a lot when speaking, and can have panic attacks if he is really uncomfortable.

Likes: The quiet, hanging out with friends, discovering new abilities.

Dislikes: Puplic places, being reminded about the past, being near cars or explosives.

Background: Cyrus was 14 when he was riding to a public party in Inkopolis with his girlfriend, and two of his buddies from Turf War. He had a bad feeling about the driver, but went in anyway, being optimistic and gullible before. But, the car went the wrong way. The driver drove them into a larger truck, an explosion happening afterwards. Cyrus woke up in the hospital, his left arm and right leg being replaced by robot parts. He didnt care at that time, wanting to know where his friends were. They had died. He became distant, being bullied for being a cyborg. He became afraid to make friends, and is scared to find love, not a fear of being bullied, but a fear of hurting those around him.

Other: He got a new set of abilities from his robot parts. He can run faster, jump higher, and stick to walls with his leg so far, and his arm can grapple onto things, gives him increased strength, and can turn his robot hand into common objects. (Chainsaws, lighter, etc.)

Tags! : @milk_tea @GreninjaTrainer013 @Fraseandchico

Even if you weren’t tagged, feel free to join!

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
Name: Sam Las
Appearance:
1557264263739-1158200399.jpg

Personality: Sam is a very kind, yet stubborn person, when he sets his mind on somethint, theres no stopping him
Dislikes: bad people, being insulted , etc
Background: Sam doesn't like talking about it but , can i reveal it in the roleplay?
Other: he is surprisingly faster than a normal inkling, in both forms

Ok, I’ll put how it works.

1. Tentacles turn black
2. Eyes become pitch black, besides for red irises
3. Black liquid drips from eyes and mouth
4. Transformations (when tentacles and eyes change) only last a few hours, or up to a day.
5. Transformation only happens when triggered, like seeing something specific, or remembering something specific.

Name: Penny Olivine

Appearance: Penny is an orange inkling. Her left eye is green, while her right eye is stuck as red. She wears blue contacts to hide the colors, Afraid of being teased for it. She wears a red baseball cap, a light blue t-shirt with a yellow star, dark blue shorts, and purple tennis shoes. She is way shorter than average inklings, so she gets bullied for that.

Personality: Penny is a kind person, always wanting to help people. Her size makes it difficult, and she struggles to help people, wanting everyone to be happy. She gets down easy thought, often hiding how she feels, and trying to avoid people she is afraid of. Drawing is her way of dealing with being sad.

Likes: Drawing, helping others, hanging out with her brother.

Dislikes: Bullies, talking, people who think they can do whatever.

Background: Penny came in contact with the black ink early in her life. It affects her whenever she sees the moon, and she gets affected for a few hours. She passes out after awhile, and often wakes up covered in blood, near the body of a formerly alive inkling, without any memory of it.

Other: She has an older brother named Adriel.

Name: Adriel Olivine

Appearance: Adriel is a yellow inkling with purple eyes. He wears a grey hoodie, with brown jeans and red tennis shoes. He has a scar going down his right eye.

Personality: Adriel is an extrovert, often annoying those around him. He has a tendency to flirt with every girl he is interested in, and likes to annoy Penny by trying to find her a boyfriend. He has a good heart though, and wont hesitate to beat up anyone who hurts family or friends.

Dislikes: People bullying his sister, walking around The same places, sitting in one place.

Background: Adriel got a scar from fighting a group of Octolings who were trying to hurt Penny. It was around that time she was infected. He knows about her condition, and keeps it a secret.

Other: He has bad hearing.

Commenting on that art was worth it ... finally ... a Splatoon roleplay ...

Name: Alzbet Nocturn
Appearance: Alzbet has green tentacles with yellow tips and a very sly smile. She intimidates many people, despite the fact that she is rather short. She is always wearing a variety of tie-dye shirts and socks, and is never seen without her favourite yellow hoodie.
Personality: This Octoling is a very chill person. She likes to flirt and catch people off-guard. Some people might say she's evil, but the only thing evil about her is her Aerospray skills. She can make anyone laugh and is the face of confidence. She is an ambivert and can have a change of mood in a heartbeat. She is also very strong, or stronger than an average Octoling.
Likes: Talking, guitar, Turf Wars, Aerospray, neon colours
Dislikes: Talking, corn, sitting still, most things
Background: As a young octopus, Alzbet was judged mainly because she was an Octoling. She learned how to show people she didn't care what they said - how to hide her feelings. After a while, this confidence became a part of her - now, even when Otcolings are no longer a threat to the Inkling world, she keeps her guard up.
Other: She fights with Aerospray. She is a master with the gun and is great at splatting. Sh has bad eyesight, however, and has a medical condition that is slowly rendering her blind. Her Octo-Goggles help her focus and improve her vision.

Last edited:

Pollen-Puff

Previously Ampharos' Dragon Blood
May I join?

Name: Theo Violight
Appearance: Theo is a purple Octoling with medium-sized lavender tentacles that give him a "mop" of hair/tentacles. He wears a white T-shirt with a pixelated Inkling version of Mario and has a camera hanging around his neck, and black shorts with a white stripe no matter the weather along with Banana Basic shoes.
Personality: Theo is, to put it bluntly, a nerd. He obsesses over all things video games and loves taking pictures. He is shy around people he hasn't met, but is silly and clever if you can get him to open up.
Likes: Octario and Inkuigi (Mario and Luigi), memes, turf wars!
Dislikes: People who won't do their part in a group, jerks, loud-barking dogs *shudder.*
Background: Theo, like other Octolings, was segregated because of the Octarian Wars of the past. This has made him shy and introverted, and he has few friends, all of which have moved away. His only comfort is the polaroid camera he received from his mother, which he carries with him everywhere. It's like a lucky charm and a friend to him. Turf Wars and Gaming are some other pastimes, the latter his preference because he is scared of his team.
Other: Theo fights with Light Tetra Dualies.

Sub: Sprinkler
Special: Autobomb Launcher
Class: Dualies
Other: Four dodge rolls, allow shooting while rolling.

By the way, Alzbet doesn't think she's being rude whenever she says a rude thing. She thinks she's being confident, that she's showing everyone not to mess with her. She doesn't even really know she's even being rude.

Oh, quick thing. You keep saying things that Penny is doing, and you aren’t supposed to do that, controlling other people’s characters isnt allowed. Just thought I’d tell you, so you wont get in trouble.

Pollen-Puff

Previously Ampharos' Dragon Blood
Just to be clear, Theo and Cyrus are sitting out and the teams are Alzbet and Penny vs. Adriel and Sam?

EDIT: Do you mind if I ask which weapons everybody has? Theo has Light Tetra Dualies.

Name: Indigo Gunner

Appearance: Indigo is a dark blue octoling. His left eye is yellow, while the other is blue. He always wears a black or white t-shirt, blue shoes, and blue jeans. He has an eyepatch over his yellow eye.

Personality: Indigo acts calm, even when he’s mad. He screams if he gets really angry. He normally is happy though, and rarely gets sad.

Dislikes: Big dogs,bullies,rainy days.

Background: At age five, Indigo got separated from his parents, unable to find them again. His parents divorced at the time, so he had no where to go. When Octolings were accepted into Inkopolis, he got an apartment there, and lives alone, training everyday to become stronger, and forget his past.

Other: He is +A rank, and uses a Carbon Roller.

(I’m new to this site, so if I do something wrong let me know.)

I decided to give Cyrus two younger siblings, because I’m bored, and I feel like it.

Name: Dylon

Appearance: Dylon is a red octoling, and wears a black sweater. He has green eyes, and he wears a pair of glasses.

Personality: Dylon is shy, staying away from most people. He was born mute, so he struggles to get people to understand him. He manages to keep a smile though, and tries to make it so his siblings are happier.

Dislikes: Animals, loud sounds, conversations.

Background: Dylon came up to the surface without a family or home. He wandered around awhile, before meeting a wheelchair-bound inkling named Stella, who became his friend. Later, her older brother Cyrus agreed to bring him into a family.

Other: He doesnt have any weapons, and hasn’t done a turf war before.

Name: Stella

Appearance: Stella is a pink inkling. She wears a flower crown on her head, her eyes are brown, and she is forced to be in a wheelchair.

Personality: Stella is kind to those she meets. She suffers from depression though, and wears a fake smile. Barely any know how she really feels, due to her hiding.

Dislikes: Unknown.

Background: Stella has been depressed her whole life, and tried ending her life. She was given emergency care, and she survived, but with permanent injury, being wheelchair bound.

Other: She is afraid to compete in Turf War again, but she keeps a Luna Blaster, just in case.

Name: Nellie Santiago

Appearance: Nellie is a yellow inkling with bright green eyes. She wears a black t-shirts, with an unbuttoned jacket over it. She has a large scar going down the right side of her face, but covers it with her tentacles. She also needs glasses.

Personality: Nellie is a kind person, willing to help anyone in need. She has a younger brother, and would do anything to defend him. She gets afraid when something stressful happens, but she is working on stopping that issue.

Dislikes: Sleeping, fighting, running away from danger.

backstory: Unknown

other: Her plans often work, but are dangerous. She uses a normal ink brush.

Name: Cody Santiago

Appearance: Cody is a purple inkling, and his eyes are a pink color. He wears a purple hoodie, with headphones hanging on his neck. He always wears a gas mask sometimes, which helps him breathe easier.

Personality: Cody is a quiet person, and often scares people without meaning to. He prefers to stay around others though. He listens to music as a way to calm himself down.

Dislikes: Being alone, being outside for a long time, wearing his gas mask.

Backstory: Cody was born with an unknown disease, making it hard for him to breathe. He started wearing a gas mask, which helped him get air in his lungs, but often caused bullying. He stays near Nellie at all times, afraid to be bullied again.

Other: He likes adventuring, wanting to be a explorer. He doesnt have a weapon, it being to hard for him to compete in turf war with his disease.

Last edited:

Spachino

Previously El Spazzino
Am I a kid now? Am I a squid now? Find out next time, on POKECHARMS!
Name: Del Potts

Appearance: He is an emerald inkling with amber colored eyes. Del has a long-sleeved gray shirt and white gloves. He also wears one of those fur-coats. (Fake.) He has gray jeans. And some sweet Matrix-style sunglasses.

Personality: Del is chill, but once you get to know him, he is very hyper-active and jumps around a lot. He mainly helps friends.

Likes: Sunglasses, anything cool, video games, pop culture, the dualies, turf wars, stuff.

Dislikes: Loud noises, stuff.

Background: Del commonly has encounters with black ink every couple of months or so. The cause of this is seeing... very bright things, minus the sun. (Ex: Flashlights, not the sun.) This happened once when he was 13, and destroyed his entire collection of hip squid dolls. Another time is when he was 15, in a turf war. He used dualies he got from beating up someone from the other team and while he was at it, won the entire thing.

Other: He has great social skills.