• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Splatoon 2 RP - Ideas/Discussion

norii

Previously autir
Would anyone be interested in a Splatoon 2 RP? I'll create the sign-up thread after we decide on a concise, or at least good, plot, whether it's slice-of-lifey or more centered on action.

I was thinking we could roleplay as Octolings who got lost in the Deepsea Metro. Their story would be similar to Agent 8's. Maybe it could take place after Agent 8 escaped, however, the Metro still secretly runs tests.
...or, we could just do a more normal Splatoon 2 RP, Inklings (and Octolings) participating in battles and Splatfests. There wouldn't be any real antagonist, but it could be about a rookie team trying to rise to the top (even if that's overdone, it could be fun)?
or we could do something else, like roleplaying as the canon Agents (3, 4, and 8, after the Octo Expansion) as well as OCs that have been picked up by Marie or someone. I don't really have a specific idea in mind for this plot, though.

Of course, I'm open to any suggestions and whatnot!! Feel free to suggest new plot points, as we don't have to use any of the three I suggested.

I would so be up for this. I love Splatoon 2! All these ideas sound great, but I came up with an idea, expanding to the first two.

For the Deepsea Metro idea, maybe, rather than just Octolings, it could be Inklings too? It could be like, a prison of some sort for traitor Octolings and Inklings who failed in something like a Squidbeak Splatoon mission? And the prisoners break out and get lost in the Deepsea Metro?

For the second idea, the 'normal' Splatoon 2 one, maybe there could be something like people going missing, and appearing back, Sanitized or something. It wouldn't take up the main plot, but it could just be a bit of action. However, just keeping it as it is would be fine.

Hope I'm not being too critical or anything :p

norii

Previously autir
Don't worry about being too critical, it's fine! Also, sorry if the quotes look messy, I'm not sure how else to respond directly.

For the Deepsea Metro idea, maybe, rather than just Octolings, it could be Inklings too? It could be like, a prison of some sort for traitor Octolings and Inklings who failed in something like a Squidbeak Splatoon mission? And the prisoners break out and get lost in the Deepsea Metro?
Ooh, yeah! The traitor Octolings would be runaways like Marina, right? Then, some Squidbeak member would notice something wrong, and go to investigate it, which would lead to Inklings being trapped too. (sorry if I misunderstood!!) eventually they'd break out into the Deepsea Metro. To differentiate their story from Agent 8's, the Metro would be ran by someone completely different; if everyone's okay with that. The group is testing anyone who gets into the subway to find the most powerful, someone who can help their cause, for whatever reason. They'd probably use what's left of sanitization... goop? Liquid? Play-dough?? On whoever they deem strong enough. (of course we don't have to stick to this idea)

For the second idea, the 'normal' Splatoon 2 one, maybe there could be something like people going missing, and appearing back, Sanitized or something. It wouldn't take up the main plot, but it could just be a bit of action. However, just keeping it as it is would be fine.
I didn't think of that! It seems like a good idea-- maybe it could be linked to the first plot? For example, the sanitized people are top players, and they'd been lead to the Metro. The rookie team we're RPing as was going to challenge a pro player who's gone missing, so they look into what's going on. There could be other reasons for people becoming sanitized too.

Yep, I'd be ready. You could tag ChildOfTheTardis in the thread, because I did this roleplay-vote thing and Splatoon was close, and that user said they were tied with Splatoon and another vote, so I think they might join too.

Oh, @norii I have a question. Do we meet in the roleplay, or are we already friends (maybe childhood friends if yes?) or something? Also, how many characters are you letting us have?

norii

Previously autir
Sorry for the late response.
I'll try to have it up by today, if not, tomorrow.

As for the characters knowing each other, unless someone specifies otherwise, everyone's known each other since childhood. I'd prefer one character each, but having around 3 is fine. I'd prefer if we had a total of 4 or 8 characters, just to even out the teams? So doubling/tripling up is fine, especially if we don't get enough people ^^

norii

Previously autir
I know I said I was gonna post the thread today, but I might not be able to. I'll probably post it at night today if I do, though--