• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Spin Dash

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Well, the promo thing didn't work out. I did have a pretty cool flash promo thing to go up before bringing the comics back but this fell under two problems:

1)Halfway through it suddenly turned rubbish.
2)Not knowing what to do with it to make it not rubbish at that point was holding everything up.

So stuff it. Have a new comic folks, with a new style, size, font etc. But the same plot - hence Chaotix hunting down "Wally's" robot plans after SOMEONE stole them.

As for what happened to Sonic, Shadow, Knuckles and Tails... well you'll see soon enough. And hopefully I can get that story wrapped up once and for all.

33.png

I'd really like some feedback on the change in style, size etc as if there are any problems I'd like to get them sorted out ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'd really like some feedback on the change in style, size etc as if there are any problems I'd like to get them sorted out ASAP.

While it is kinda big, it looks alright. Doesn't take anything away from that comic at least. And again, nice recap and usage of Prof. Oak ;)

I've been kinda following this here and there over the past few days and I like it! you got me hooked! I can't wait to see more(especially of Rouge her personality is great for humour.)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Today's 'comic' is a bit of a silly non-sonic thing. Spurred on by Snakes on a Plane ads now showing on telly. :D

36.png

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
OM-G! AN EKANS! RUN FOR YOUR LIIIIIVES... And be happy about it. Yes. His face looks freaky. :p

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Bwahaha, I love that Ekans on a Plane one... :p As for the other comics, I enjoy them as well.

Wow...All you guys are UPSESSED with Sonic...well...so am I, ofcourse...but like nobody else that I know is...All your guys' Sonic comics PWN most all other comics I've seen, and the ones you made are particularly good...and the sprites don't look all..."pixely"...whatever...sweet.

EDIT1:I'm so glad the peoples here actually openly talk about Sonic. Whenever I try to get a Sonic topic going in other forums (American ;D), it just don't work...

EDIT2:By the way, the most recent computer was probably one of the funniest ones yet, Oak.

~wad11656/americanoob~

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
^
For anyone still wondering:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NhcqBI-Porw

Also, Spin Dash is back! Again! Again!

With a backstock of a dozen or so comics, the entire rest of the storyline completely written out and ready to be comic'd and a bit of enthusiasm to do it in a sort of "procrastinating from sorting out the Trainer Card Maker" fashion, you can expect to finally see the end of the storyline I started way back in 2005.... at last!

The first comic deals with the aftermath of the previous skits, the rest get pretty plot intensive after that though - so if you're not completely up-to-date with the Comic, I heartily recommend reading through the Site archives to fully understand what'll be going on from now on in.

I might make a few fillery comics and throw them in among the plotty ones already done to break up the speeding pace a bit, we'll have to see how things go - but for now, the comics will be daily again, so make sure to check back here every night.

42.png

Comments and feedback very much accepted. :)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Today's comic, and Knuckles arrives at just the right time to screw the entire audience and Robotnik out of finally finding out just what Rouge is up to.

:X

43.png

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Today's already made comic has been delayed by two days - first by a bit of random filler today, second by me inserting a new comic in its place tomorrow to help explain things a bit better than originally done. Hopefully it'll help the next few comics afterwards make a bit more sense.

Anyways, here's today's new comic:

44-fill.png

Okay, that is one of the best filler comics ever.

I really enjoy this series, its good to see it back. I'm already wondering what you'll do with some of my favorite zones now.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Okay, that is one of the best filler comics ever.

I really enjoy this series, its good to see it back. I'm already wondering what you'll do with some of my favorite zones now.

There are still 3 more Zones to see in Chaos, but you wont be seeing much of them by the time we get to them, we've pretty much done all the Island adventuring we're going to be doing now - most of the rest of the storyline'll be taking place in and around the Hidden Palace.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
... Okay, so this comic's finally revived (I've never posted, but I've read them all that's been up so far), and buy far, the last two comics were funny. Especially the last one.

Why does Sonic say, "Yatta"? What does it mean?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Today's is the second inserted comic, designed to help the flow into the one after this work a bit better.

44-pad.png

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Here's today's comic, originally Wednesday's comic and if you remember back to Wednesday's other events, the joke seems eerily appropriate now - but I do stress this comic has been finished since last week. :p

44.png

Oh, and I'm in England until Wednesday, so no updates until I get back - but I'll put two up when I get home.

Okay, that made me laugh.

I like your portrayal of Knuckles. But I wonder if Rouge and he are 'into' each other like in SA2...

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Bumping this with the latest comic, since most of the other ones got wiped in the hax.

If you haven't seen the rest start here.

54.png

That last panel was priceless. I kept imagining it as a TV show, with the camera zooming in closer to punctuate each sentence.

Rockin', dude.

Knuckles is soooooo....dumb. Sonic has all the wits...

I want to see moar Alex. Where are they. Sonic doesn't lie. So I want moar.

Otherwsie, very nice job Alex.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I PRESENT....

COMICS!

This first one was actually done a few months ago:

56.png

05 August 2008 : Haven't we forgotten something?

... like updating the comic?

... like, ever?

This comic, as I have it saved on my computer, was actually made BEFORE the previous one - so it's been sitting completed for months. Can't remember why I didn't upload it, but here it is anyways.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Tonight's second comic - with a new style to boot:

58.png

05 August 2008 : Roll a 0 to cause a paradox and wipe out history!

If you have a dice at all - preferably a 6 sided one and not one of those freaky D&D ones - give it a roll and see what you get. :)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
61.png

Plot Twist Alert!

Nope, no joke this issue. This r serious bizness. Srsly.

We've got quite a lot of plot coming up - so brace yourselves.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
It made me extremely tempted to dig out the gamebooks from the recesses of under my bed.

... Something I have to do really soon ANYWAY...

Ok, I might do it now...

Cock.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
63.jpg

This comic's a JPG 'cos Shadow blew the entire budget on the first panel ^^.

06 September 2008 : Overdramatic Nonsense

The entire purpose of this comic was to take the characters out of the same area of the Hidden Palace Zone they've been in FOREVER and place them into a new 'set' that's been put together for future use in the comic.

Of course, you can't actually SEE anything that's part of this set - but you will in time.

Shadow's line's a bit stilted now in the penultimate panel - reading back over it - but it was originally part of a joke I edited out in the end. Oh well.

64.png

06 September 2008 : The internet is stupid

Comic kinda speaks for itself...

Also, I've updated the design for the site a bit in the interim between comics, so feel free to check it out. ^^