• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Soul reaper academy Discussion

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
I got bored and me and night wanted to rp so eh I pulled this out of playful's story book while she wasn't looking. (no I didn't take any of her ideas dumb dumb)

Death. It's a pretty scary thing right? What if I were to tell you there was a fate worse than death, that would be scary wouldn't it? In a world were the unlucky 1/1000 face this fate. It's called Haisu. Any poor soul with this fate will turn into a Oboete, or more commonly called, a husk. Anybody who becomes a husk instantly loses all knowledge of their past life, they become violent and aggressive to the point where they kill anybody around them. The first husk appeared around 149 years ago, when a child was hit by a car. Unlike most people, his body contorted before turning into a large plant like creature. It took almost an hour to kill him and by the time they did, more were starting to pop up across the globe. Each day more and more people were turning into husks starting what was known as the 'purging'. It took almost a decade for the world to find a way to fight back and that was through science and magic, to give humans the weapons to fight back. Humans have since found a way to fuse husks into weapons, giving a select few the ability beyond normal humans. Husk Bonds can rage from telepathy to healing factors, these 'soul wields' are humanities' greatest weapon by far. Though only a minority of people can truly use soul wields, those that do are normally working as Soul Reapers. Soul reapers work like police or fire fighters, acting as an emergency service to combat husks across the globe. Soul wields are now simply made into marks where they are kept until needed for use.

"Wait a minute, how will I be involved in this?", I hear you ask. You are a Soul reaper in training, in their senior years in the Soul reaper academy or Tamashi Gakko. You have just passed the final test and have been placed in the 'higher' class for trainees who excelled in their previous years in one way or another. You were lucky enough to be placed in service 4, the lowest of the low that had manage to scrape in. You're instructor is Rinzo Okumura, a first class soldier with high distinguishment from the Soul reapers.

rules!

Follow pokecharm's rules or else meet the end of my boot
No more than one Oc, though you can make NPCs
No op abilities
Your Oc can die, though resurrection is available but only for a few
Romance is allowed, maybe encouraged
You can auto a husk, though try to be reasonable. You cannot one shot every husk you find.
NO MORE THAN 1 SOUL WIELD PER PERSON OR ELSE I WILL MAKE YOUR OC EXPLODE
@Night's Shadow is the co host

Alias:
Age/Gender:
( 16-18)
Personality:(include greatest fear)
Appearance:
Soul wield:
(give a description of appearance and use)
Soul mark: (a scar where your wield comes out)
Husk bond:
Backstory:

Alias: The Crimson Raiju/ Raiju

Age/Gender: 16

Personality: With a playful and cocky attitude, Beni is somewhat of a handful. With his explosiveness often being seen as rudeness or him tying to be a jerk, it's more of him just being playful. He as little to no self control and often goes overboard. With his greatest fear being the dark, just the thought of it makes Beni shiver. It's so cold, so lonely, so isolating, to the point where he just hates it. To those he likes, he will have a strong protective loyalty to them. But for those he hates, they better watch out since he can be a living time bomb.

Appearance: Standing at 5'9 with messy black hair, with the tips being deep red . His eyes are dark brown and his skin being a pale white. Beni's skinny figure makes him an unsuspecting fighter often making others see him as weak or easy to beat. His arms are covered in tribal tattoos with the tattoos coming to form a large tribal tattoo on his back. Most times outside of uniform, he wears a loose black hood with a simple vest underneath, sometimes no hood at all. With the bottom being baggy shorts and a pair of trainers.

Soul wield: A pair of Iron tiger claws, with two main blades coming out between the 5th and 4th and 2nd and 3rd knuckle. His hand is covered in a black glove his spikes coming from the knuckles. The blade is crimson red and retractable. t's main use is for close hand to hand combat. Now for the only reason he made it into the 'higher class'. Beni's soul wield allows him to summon lightning bolts, not create it from his body. The bolts of lightning are crimson red like his blades, capable of generating over 50 million volts, making it way stronger than normal lightning. His claws and body act as a conductor to direct lightning towards him or his opponent. He can redirect lightning with his blades or even absorb it into them to power up or release it later. Though he has a few major flaws to his wield, he has a large weakness to water and when he summons lightning he has to make sure it goes towards the target or into his blades. And no, Beni is not immune to lightning nor is he faster than it.

Soul mark: Tribal tattoos on his hands that run up his arm into his back.

Husk bond: Raiju, a thunder beast that used to be his brother that died from a husk attack. He is a lightning husk.

Backstory: Born into a large family of 7 he was the middle child. He never got the amount of attention of his siblings, even to the point where at times they barely noticed he existed. Though Benimaru was mostly irrelevant that didn't mean he hated his family, he loved them with all his heart. His father being a higher eight soul reaper and his mother working as a primary school teacher, Benimaru had a strange life. From a young age, he wanted to be like his dad. He found soul reapers to be cool and awesome, while he despised husks. Though he was taught at a young age that the husks were just lost souls finding their purpose. When he turned 12 he watched as a husk went on a rampage, killing his mother and turning one of his siblings into husks. Benimaru was forced to watch as all of his siblings were torn apart, leaving him alone with his father. From their his father trained him to be a soul reaper, viewing it as the only job fit for him.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow

Alias: Hawk

Age/Gender: 16/F

Personality: 10% loose cannon, 40% wild card, 50% strategist. Runs her mouth a lot to hide the fact that she knows what she’s doing. Oftentimes comes off as a jerk, and it’s hard to tell what she’s going to do next. A lone wolf and not really one for teamwork, but will work with others if it means a victory. In reality, she just pushes people away because her greatest fear is rejection. Has a fantastic singing voice and harbors a secret love for music, although she can’t dance to save her life.

Appearance (lol forgot first time): Black hair that seems to always be a spiky mess, length about to the bottom of her shoulder blades. Deep green eyes and long lashes. A few freckles here and there, with rather tan skin. Dresses with comfort and utility in mind rather than fashion, and as such ends up wearing dark colored slacks and t-shirts, or tight combat gear. Around 5’6” and 102 lbs.

Soul wield: A delicately carved ebonywood flute she calls Zephyr. By playing certain tunes, she can control the air around her, using it to make herself fly, trap someone/thing in an air pocket, or even creating invisible beings out of thin air. She is quite fond of the instrument.

Soul Mark: A diagonal slash from her neck to left shoulder.

Husk bond: Zephyr: a wind husk. No relation to her or her family. Named her flute after it.

Backstory: Backstory generator go brr— An only child, she grew up in her grandfather’s house. Her grandfather told her that her parents were killed in an automobile accident, but one of them turned into a husk, and he kept that a secret. As a result, he sent her to the soul reaper academy. Never had many friends, though sometimes she could be heard singing quietly from the roof.

Other: She’s left-handed, for no reason at all other than my personal preference ;p

Last edited:

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Now, before I commit on joining, is this based off an anime?
I took a couple concepts off a couple animes, with the main one being fire force for the whole turning into a monster and having to be 'put to rest'. The rest is ideas me and night came up with. It's mostly original with just its concept of people turning into monsters from fire force.

Also @Night's Shadow Accepted. There are still 3 spaces left because I want the total to be 5

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Alias: Larua
Age/Gender: 18
Personality:(Jace is fearless (almost) and never backs down from a fight, he is kind and considerate and a fierce protector of his friends. He enjoys singing and parkour but has never sung infront of anyone. His greatest fear is being feared, he is aware of how violent he can get and is afraid he will scare people of and that is his greatest fear.
Appearance: Jace is 6'8" and relatively thin but still muscular. He has white hair with light blue highlights and purple eyes. He wears black boots with red patterns in them, grey trousers, a white shirt, black gloves and a long black suit style coat with red demonic symbols embedded in it.
Soul wield: A pair of curved black steel daggers with red patterned engravings up the blades. The hilts are white leather with rubies embedded in the end. These daggers grant him a fairly decent healing factor as long as he keeps them fueled with blood.
Soul mark: He has red pentagrams located on each shoulder blade on his back, they glow when he pulls his wield from them.
Husk bond: Kyūketsuki: a small deformed bat like creature that was once his still born twin brother. It drain the blood from a target and move it wherever Jace requires.
Backstory: After his mum died due to his still born brother becoming a husk during childbirth he was rushed away during the attack and moved through foster homes. He stumbled across his brother a few years later and they bonded, he eventually decided to train to be a Soul Reaper and ended up getting into the higher class due to his brilliant athletic agility and stamina.

(Tell me if I need to change anything)

Last edited:
Alias: He has made many for himself including but not limited to , skull breaker, skull cracker, knee caper, and his current favorite skull smasher
Age/Gender: 18
Personality: Damien is really laid back and walks with a kind of swagger to him and gives finger guns to whoever he sees. He likes to talk to others but overall he just wants to make friends and kick ass, his sole motivation in life is a pursuit to become cool which to him means to protect the weak and strive to get stronger even if your legs are broken. He is incredibly dumb and acts on first impulse which is a very large handicap on him and why he is only in sector 4. His greatest fear is that of not becoming cool that is of falling short, being useless to the people who may need him, and not really making any real mark on the world.
Appearance: Damien has black hair which he takes good care of in a pompadour he has pale skin, black eyes, he wears a white singlet, and black jeans. He wears a black biker jacket over it all which he takes off during combat and has tons of random patches on them, and black fingerless gloves.
Soul wield: A Red traditional demon mask from Japanese Noh theater. and if it is worn by something it increases said things power and surrounding them with a kind of fire like aura burning whatever the vessel touches indiscriminately, it also increase how fast and powerful whatever it is attached to. It's drawback is that it runs like a car consuming all the energy in whatever its attached to until it the vessel is destroyed, it can not be taken off a vessel and put back on something else or even the same vessel again within a 5 hour period.
Soul mark: A massive scar on his back which looks like the face of an oni
Husk bond: Shuten doji a large red husk which was believed to be a a demon but was instead an husk which was slain by a far distant ancestor of Damien it wants nothing more then to be lazy and slouch around.
Backstory: He grew up a half Japanese and American child, his mother a descendant of a lineage of Japanese soul reapers her work left her stressed and upset never giving Damien anytime, Damien's father was a pilot who also never had any time for his son, due to this Damien grew up on movies and built his whole vocabulary and person off them he became obsessed with the idea of the pompadour wearing delinquent, his mother when he started at the school finally gave her son attention passing on the mask for him to wear teaching him how to use it later when he made it into sector 4 she was beside her self and left and is yet to come home.

Other: He carries around a Kanabo as a weapon when not using his mask, he can also ride a motorcycle incredibly well.

I was in a middle of making my post, but in fact if there is a person already with their bio, then maybe I shouldn't take a place with character that doesn't exist yet.
So if Shadow's character is acceptable then maybe he should join too?

Okay guys, I'm sorry for the delay but I'm gonna get the thread up by Saturday since I have too much school to deal with plus a few personal things I have to also deal with. I know I'm 13 and I it's illegal for me to sound deep till I'm 14

Sorry for the inconvenience
Its okay, real life is something that happends to all of us, don't rush, take your time when you need it and we all will understand! ^^

My OC:
Alias: Hakai
Age/Gender: 16, he will soon reach 17
Personality: (include greatest fear) Shun has been thought to be a gentelman and is a rather kind person, that is hard to make mad. However it doesn't mean he is nice during fights, as he is really merciless and have a great strategic mind. The only family that has left for him is his younger sister that he loves with similar to parental love, as he knows that his sister don't remember their parents. He is afraid to lose her too and will be alone or that he may die and leave her alone. Although he is kind, he don't really have a real friends due to a fact that he just couldn't find a good people that would want to stay and be his friends. So he has no friends, but there are people that like him. As he overworks himself with some part-time jobs and helping his sister in her own schoolwork make him not to focus on his and so he ended in 'Service 4' (I don't know if that's how this group should be called now... Sorry @.@)
Appearance: He is 5'11 feets tall, with a bit spiky lightblonde almost silver hair that is purple on its ends. He has emerald eyes, beauty mark under his left eye. He usually wears an 'easy-to-move' clothes as he prefers a fast style of combat which takes benefits from his acrobatic skills.
Soul wield: (give a description of appearance and use) a black glove on his left hand and white glove on the right. Anything he touches with them on his will becomes a powerfull lethal weapon embraced in destruction energy. Although he can't make as his weapon something that he can't 'wield' and after a 3 minutes returns to normal and if he wants to use it again, then he needs to wait for 5 hours.
Soul mark: two marks that resemble roses, black on left palm of his hand and white on his right palm.
Husk bond: Anti-matter husk. Husk resembled an angel with two faces, man and woman. Left wing is black and right is white. It wears robes with blood red and Shun decided to call it Hakai.
Backstory: Shun and his sister Sakura were often moving from one city to another, often changing hauses as his father couldn't keep to have a job for a longer time, one of the reasons were that he had criminal past, but decided to change himself for his family. When Shun was 9 years old and his sister 4, they had a car accident that ended with death of their parents and turning into a husk (If its possible for such phenomen like a husk from two people that loved each other happen. If its not, his father is the one who becames the husk.)
He yelled mad at them, for leaving him and his sister completely alone and asking for something in exchange for the injustice that happend. He made a bond with the Husk of his parents (parent) and decided that he will use its power to help and join Soul Reapers. He wanted to get to Reaper school from that day, studying hard in schools, learning about his power and he even took an acrobatic practices and turnaments in order to achieve well-trained body that could help him in the fight.
Other: There is a possibility he uses fake name as he disliked the one parents gave him. He often makes a references and quotes from games and books, as well as he likes to explain his point of few on an example of a game.

Hope you will like him ^-^

Last edited:
Alias: N/A (up for suggestions)
Age/Gender: 17
Personality: Gracia is a quiet young woman who thinks before she acts. She is very empathetic (to the point she is an empath). She loves being outside in nature and hates cities, especially huge crowds. She also cannot be around people for too long, being an introvert. She has multiple fears, being a terrible student (to unrealistic extremes), being trapped in a crowd, and being forgotten by others.
Appearance: Short blonde hair that falls to her shoulders and bright green eyes, Gracia is a small young woman, standing at 4'9", and is quite slender. She commonly wears a white shirt that has flowers embroidered onto it (the flowers also white) and the sleeves stop at the edge of her shoulder. Her shirt is neatly tucked into her mid-rise light blue jeans. Her shoes are also white. She wears a necklace with a gold colored chain with a butterfly charm her grandmother gave her.
Soul wield: An ordinate white bow with grey swirls and a golden string. She can create light arrows for the bow, which can be super useful. She cannot use regular arrows with her bow though, as it refuses to draw.
Soul mark: A white butterfly with yellow swirls on the wings. It rests on the back of her right hand.
Husk bond: Angel Elenor, a light husk that used to control her town. She used to look like an angel, 'cause why not.
Backstory: Stuffs about being an empath, and how she got her husk bond.

Is it fine if she can feel is someone is going to become a husk due to emotions reasons? She has to be close by...

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
I was just gonna say, the plan so far is for them to spar and just try to get to know each other. Learn a thing or two, before my plan happens >:D

Last edited:

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
So spars don't have to be literal fighting, it can be verbal, this is supposed to be a get to know each other, sort of thing. Basically just get to know each other, whether it's through sparing or just showing off what you're capable of.