• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Soul Fire ( Dragon RP )

“ I agree, let’s get hunting! “ Adira said excitedly. She lived the feeling of air under her wings, and the exhilarating chase for prey.
Adira took to the skies, flying high, allowing herself to fall a bit, and regaining her height. She made sure to keep the baby dragon on her back perfectly safe. She used the long ridges on her back to keep Ciar snuggly fitting on her back.

"By the way, what's with the kid on your back?" Blaze asked as he flew alongside Adira, looking over the land for prey. "I mean, it's not like he's really yours, right?" He then lowered slightly, spotting something moving. "Herd of deer, two o'clock. They're on the move. Want me to cut them off?" He asked.

Slithery took to the sky once she was outside. It was hard to get herself flying mainly because how big she was compared to her wings but if Dragons tried to fly without magic it would not even work, so it was possible to get herself flying. Slithery heard Blaze ask about the kid on Adira back and she wondered as well, she was young to have a kid Slithery heard such thing before but Adira did not seem the type. Then she heard about the deer and before anyone could stop her Slithery flied down there and blew white flames on them, "Got em come on down you two!" Slithery yelled up and then she started gobbling them up until there was barely any left.

Last edited:
Adira looked back at the hatchling on her back. “ This is Ciar. I found him today. He was trapped on a branch that was about to snap. Being so young, he couldn’t fly. I rescued him and kinda took him in. I think he was abandoned. “ She explained.
She then realized that Slithery has already caught some deer. “ Oh way to go! “ She dives down on an angle, landing next to a deer that was still mostly intact, and started to munch on the prey.

Could I join? If it's not too late that is. Even if my character isn't one of the Dragons of Prophecy, I could still help in other ways. I mean, just ask @Gamefreak1996 , he knows how good I am at organizing RP's.

Name: Diana
Appearance: Diana is bulky in structure, and towers over 25 feet in height. She has to curved horns on her head, and a plethora of jagged spikes running from her neck to her tail. Her scales are green with a mixture of black, and they shine so radiantly, almost like a suit of armor. Her eyes are completely gold in color, even her pupil, which is a shade darker than the rest of they eye.
Flame Color: Black
Personality: Diana is pretty nurturing of younger dragons, and tries to help them out as much as she can. From her years of experience, she tries to give others advice when they need it. She never takes insults seriously, and is happy with how she is and how she views herself, even if she had caused many mistakes in her past. She believes everyone should have a second chance. If anyone is ever in danger, she'll run in and try to protect them, even if it costs her life.

Blaze cut off one of their approach with a bright orange fireball that exploded into flames upon impact with the ground, then pinned it and delivered the killing blow with his wing talons. As he sank his teeth into the meat, he swatted the fire out with his tail, careful not to cause too much friction between it and the ground.

Last edited:
Slithery was just about to eat the rest of the herd but she felt bad stealing it from the others. "You guys have the last ones, I am still a little hungry so I will go find more." Slithery said even thought she ate almost all of the herd. She flapped her wings and took off to find more. After a while she found a herd of buffalo and blew fire on them, Slithery had to be careful not to use to much fire or she might burn down the forest but she was careful and did no harm to the forest. Slithery flew down and gobbled up the entire herd, she burped and decided she was finally full. Slithery found a nice sunny mountain, she was tired from eating so much and quickly found herself falling asleep.

( Of course, anyone is welcome to join! )

Adira enjoyed the taste of the deer, but it didn’t quite compare to the taste of fish for her. She didn’t want to waste perfectly good food though, and ate a substantial amount. “ Thanks Slithery! “

(Thanks! :))

Diana stayed under a cave, and was still sleeping, even though most of the other dragons had woken up. She liked sleeping under caves because the moisture in the air was great for the texture of her scales and light barely entered so she didn't have to worry about the sun waking her up. She felt like she deserved the long rest, however, because she had taken care of so many fledglings the night prior.

Honestly, sometimes she wished that they fledglings, and hatchlings at that matter, could already know how to fly due to natural instinct, but life doesn't seem to work that way. Which makes Diana happy though because she believes it's better to get what you want from hard work and determination rather than luck.

But, it looked to be about time that she finally woke up, so she got up letting out a mighty roar, which echoed throughout the cave. As she started walking out of the cave, her footsteps were causing the ground to shake. Diana finally made it out of the cave, and started flying towards other dragons of the colony.

Ulfric returned to his studies after Slithery, Blaze, and Adira had left, the old dragon pondering the prophecy as he read it over and over, as well as other manuscripts in the same language. He figured if he could find out what they really meant, he'd be able to find more clues to assembling the destined heroes. Rubbing his head with his talons to try and quell the building headache, he eventually decided to turn in for now. He needed a little fresh air, anyways. "Scarlet, I'm going out!" he called.

Scarlet muttered something sleepily, then replied "Okay, Ulfric."

"Just letting you know in case you decide to stop sulking." Ulfric added as a joke.

"I don't sulk!" Scarlet snapped as the older dragon chuckled, "I just need a little rest from my post. Especially after Blaze's fiascos."

"Right..." Ulfric said before squeezing out of the cave, his massive size making it a bit difficult.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in the field, Blaze laid down quietly beside Adira, enjoying the fresh air and clear weather. Glancing at Ciar a moment, he smirked a bit at the sleeping baby dragon. Then his eyes went up to the clouds. "Hey look, that one actually looks like old man Ulfric!" he said, pointing to one of them.

Slithery fell into a deep sleep. She saw the house that she grew up in, but looked away quickly not looking to relive that sad memory. Then she saw herself in the water with two huge whales that she dwarfed in size, in the dream she woke in a frenzy of anger and fear and then leaped out of the water on to a mountain side, after that she began climbing and once Slithery got to the top she breathed out a full force Dragon's fire only to be countered by another Dragon's fire, although from where she was looking through in the dream, she could not see the Dragon who she was fighting she was able to see another Dragon fighting Adira and for some reason she knew it was Nalesh. Then suddenly she heard a feminine scream and before she could look for the source Slithery work up.

"Well that was strange." Slithery thought as she found herself in the field on the mountain. "I think I just had the vision that Adira was talking about. I haft to go find her." Slithery thought as she tried to get up, it took a few tries to get herself upright. "Ugh, maybe I ate to much." Slithery said out loud as she finally got up and began flying towards the last place she saw Adira. After a small bit of looking Slithery found her. "Hey Adira!" Slithery yelled as she landed her giant body shaking the the ground as it did. "I had one Adira, I had a vision!"

Adira laughed with Blaze. “ It does look like Ulfric. But that one looks like a tree. “ She said pointing to a cloud next to the look alike. She was enjoying this peace.
Adira jumped a bit when Slithery landed next to her. “ Slithery! You scared me! “
But then she heard that Slithery had a dream about a vision. “ You has a vision? What did you see? “
( Alright guys, I’ll see ya later. I got school today. Keep up the RP though! )

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
(Sorry, I haven't been replying lately. I was sick, but now I'm a little bit better. Also, thanks for still making my character visible in the RP.)
Ciar woke up. He got up, and walked off Adira's back, but he quickly regretted it. He saw other dragons around him, and instantly got scared, and hid himself under Adira's belly. He also stopped moving, and played dead. He thought they wouldn't see him, if didn't move. But then, something lured him away from his 'safe spot'. A deer's-leg-leftover. He quickly snatched it, and hid under Adira's tummy, and started biting upon the meat of the deer leg, and chewing on its bones, as well as spitting out black fire sparks on it, making it a bit tastier. He also made sure his body was hidden from the other dragons.

"Alright, that's two destined heroes found." Blaze said. He then looked down and noticed Ciar hide under Adira. He smiled, then looked to Adira. "Looks like the kid's awake, and he seems a little shy." he said. Noting that perhaps the baby wanted to be left alone, he looked away and stared back at the clouds.

(I actually do have another idea for the visions and their relation to the prophecy, one that will eventually play into Blaze's vision: Each vision shows the fate of the dragons when they encounter Nalesh. Tell me what you think.)

"Well I went out to find more food as you already know, and I found a few herds of buffalo about a hundred or so." Slithery said, telling them every detail as usual, instead of just telling them the facts."And I ate them all, but after I did I realized that I may have ate a bit to much, so I found a nice sunny mountain top field and....." Slithery stop as she realized that they probable just want to know about the vision. " Well anyway I was tired so I fell asleep and that was when my vision kicked in, well in truth first it was just a dream about my old home before I came to the colony." At this point Slithery could tell that they probable want her to hurry up. "Then it got to the vision. I was knocked out cold in the water next to some huge cliff with some large whales, they woke me up and suddenly I leaped out of the water climbed the cliff and had a Dragon fire stand off with someone, where we both fired at one other fighting over who's fire was strongest, and in the background I saw Adira battle a large Dragon that I think it was Nalesh. After that I heard a girl scream but could not see who before the dream ended, my guess it was me or the other person that I was fighting." Slithery said, still thinking about that. "That is about it, after that I came strait here." She finished.

D

Deleted member 227971

“Adria?” Asked Thunder “I had a weird dream about the prophecy..”

Nalash was coming. A dark shadow with 2 flaming red eyes sped after Horizon. She yelped. Then, a gang of ten bright glowing gold dragons appeared. The special ones. She was one of them. The shadow descended, fearful.
Horizon woke, gasping. “I need to tell Gwin!”

Gwin, who has had the same dream, woke... . “Horizon?? I had the weirdest dream ever!”
“So did I” Sighed Horizon. “I think it’s about the prophecy. We should tell Adria.”
With that, the two flew off to Adria.
“Adria?” Asked Horizon.

Adira felt Ciar awake, and crawl under her belly. She giggled a bit. “ You’re finally awake, huh? No need to be shy, these are my friends. “ She told the baby dragon in reassurance.
She listened to Slithery explain her vision and nodded her head. “ So far two dragons in the prophecy. Now to find the rest. “
She turned her head when she heard Horizon and Gwin approach. She also heard Thunder tell her that he had a vision as well. “ What is it, Gwin and Horizon? And Thunder, you had a dream? Great three dragons in the prophecy! “

( That’s a really good idea! )

Last edited:
Slithery was now wide awake, this town has not had this much excitement in since the war. Then her attention was then drawn to the baby Dragon under Adira. "Oh hello down there, don't be afraid I won't hurt you." Slithery said wanting to meet the little guy, she was on of those people that loves cute things like baby Dragons and animals.... at least the one that are not food, then she loves them for another reason. "Come on little guy its okay." Slithery said trying to get in a position where she could look under Adira without her belly getting in the way.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Ciar looked out a bit. He growled and spit out small black fire sparks at Slithery's claws, but those sparks almost did no damage. He hid under Adira again. His eyes became a line again, because he felt threatened. Getting closer to Ciar was no way to get along with him. He needed time, and some space. If that happened, then he would quickly feel safer around that certain person.

Being a baby, he couldn't think of anything. But a memory lingered in his head. The memory was that when he was sleeping on Adira's back, he had a dream.

He saw a version of himself, but a little older, but still unable to speak. He seemed to be fighting an older dragon with crimson scales, on a tree canopy. They were standing on thick, strong branches of trees. The branch Ciar was on, wax starting to snap. The fear had come to him again. This time, Adira wasn't there, so the branch fell, with Ciar on it. Nalesh laughed maniacally. But that ended quickly, because by faith and willpower, Ciar flew, and he had strong black flames going out of his mouth, like long tusks. He blew those flames on Nalesh, immobilising him, and making him fall off the tree, and on the ground, with a large 'THUMP!'

Ciar quickly went back to reality. Ciar didn't care about the dream. He didn't understand it, anyway. But, he felt proud of himself in he dream, so he quickly climbed up on Adira's back, forgetting there were other dragons around him, he began making small noises, as If he told her about his dream. But of course, he didn't know she wouldn't understand him.

As Diana was flying towards the colony, she noticed another dragon come out of it's cave, and it was none other than Ulfric. She thought it had been some time since she had spoken to him, and decided to fly right next to him.

"How has it been, Ulfric?" asked Diana. "Haven't seen you in a long time now, but that's mostly because I've spent most of my time with the fledglings. I'll tell you, they're quite a rowdy bunch."

Diana then flapped her wings, causing some gusts of wind throughout the air surrounding her. "So, how has it been with you?" Diana asked.

"Feisty little guy." Slithery giggled as his little fire bounced off the near impregnable Dragons scales. "Are right, I guess I will leave you alone." Slithery said as she got up but as she did the little guy started screaming about something. "Is he okay Adira?" Slithery said worried for him.

( Hey, was that image made by or for you? If not, could you take it down? It’s against the rules... )

Adira looked back at Ciar and realizing he was trying to talk. She giggled a bit and said a few “ Oh yeah? “ and “ Really? “, as if she knew what he was saying. Obviously she had no clue, but it was fun to play along. She looked back at Slithery. “ I don’t know what’s wrong. This is the first time he’s tried to speak. “

"Maybe he his just a fast learner." Slithery said to Adira. Slithery sat down in a river, it felt nice on her scales. "Well I don't know about you three but i'm taking a nap." Slithery said as she stretched, then she just fell into the water just above head height. She cause a huge splash and now all you could she of her from the front was her belly covering every thing else. Slithery was still so full that it was easy to fall asleep, she only got a few minutes of sleep before her vision woke her so it felt good to get back to it, especially with a full belly. for a second she thought about the other people that may have the vision and said in a sleepy voice. "Wake me if anything exciting happens okay."

"Oh hello Diana! It's been months!" Ulfric answered, chuckling as he sat up straight and listened about her brood of children, "I understand what you mean. Blaze and Scarlet have been quite a handful themselves, what with one being a troublemaker and the other having the temper of a rabid bull. Although, I daresay something fascinating has come among us." He paused a moment to catch his breath, then continued. "You see, Adira came by earlier today, having had a vision of herself fighting Nalesh upon his return. This means the time for the destined heroes to emerge from hiding has come!"

Blaze snickered at Ciar's attempt to speak and Adira playing along, though he did shout a bit in surprise when he felt an Icy chill splash over his body. Dripping wet, he looked to Slithery with a deadpan expression on his face.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Ciar continued on. Then he said something between his grunts, "Lesh-na!" He grunted. For some reason the word 'Nalesh' came to him. He continued saying 'Leshna' over and over again. He tried shuffling them again, "Nalesh!" He grunted, and then started saying 'Nalesh' over and over again. He then panted, and stayed still for a second, before going under Adira's belly and getting back the deer leg bone, and started chewing on it. He wandered away, a bit, and then looked at the ground for some seconds, and started sniffing it. He began digging, and put his bone in the small hole he dug, and then started jumping while flapping his wings. He really wanted to know how to fly in order to overcome his fear of heights, he had gained so early in life, because of that snapping branch when he was born.

Adira froze at Ciar’s first word. Nalesh? How could he have known who that was? “ Guys.....do you think....Ciar had a dream? “ She asked in disbelief.

(@Mykingdom11, my friend, I don't want to be 'that guy', but your post format might cause the admins to kick you out of the RP. And I really don't like seeing that. So, I'd like to give you some pointers to help prevent it. First off, a consistent third person perspective/view is asked for in the Pokecharms Roleplay rules (https://pokecharms.com/threads/general-role-play-rules.123/). Also, unless it's necesarry to keep things nice and short (at least in your belief), it's a good idea to add a little more content to the posts. That said, for an example, let's turn this:

"Avrog Starting to wake up. He gets up and roars a loud roar that some other Dragons can hear. He walks out of his cave and looks around."

into this:

Avrog let out a yawn as he awoke from his slumber, rubbing his eye with his claws as he stood up. Then, as if to announce his awakening to the other dragons around, he inhaled and let out a loud roar that echoed out of the cave and into the air. Lumbering out of the cave he called home, he stood up at his full height and scanned his surroundings.

By adding these extra details and following this format, not only does it follow the standards of the site, it also makes for a more dynamic scene that shows just how imposing Avrog's prescence can be. Again, I don't want to come off as a nagging control freak, but I also don't want to see you get kicked off the RP.)

"It'd be kinda strange, but then again, Gramps wasn't specific as to what age the dragons could have these visions, or who has them." Blaze reasoned, "So it's possible." He looked over as Ciar tried to learn how to take off and fly. "And in that case..." He muttered, approaching the baby dragon. "Watch closely, kid. I'll show you proper take off technique."

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Ciar backed off a bit, and watched Blaze closely. He really wanted to know how to fly, since he wanted to live the feeling of being free, plus he still wanted to get rid of his babyhood height phobia. So, he watched Blaze with determined eyes, and serious expression. Ciar now felt warmed up to stranger dragons. He reverted his attention back to Blaze.

Blaze took a deep breath, then took a quick forward step and pushed off the ground, while giving his wings an enormous flap. And with that, he launched into the air, gliding every so often between a few flaps. After a few seconds, he turned around and landed back where he started, his wings angling downward and touching the ground like an extra pair of forelegs once he'd stopped. "You see, you need ALL of your strength put into the first flap." he explained, "The second you're in the air, straighten your back and tuck in your legs. Once you're high enough, you'll be able to glide between flaps. For now, though, try taking off one more time."

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Ciar nodded. He walked backwards, a bit, and then jumped into the air. He straightened his back, and flapped his wings strongly, pushing himself farther into the air, he then glided back to the ground. He flipped over himself, though. He was lying on th ground, showing his belly. He wasn't really that high, because he had small wings, but he he seemed proud of his work. He stood up, and walked over to Blaze and grunted a bit. That grunt meant 'Thanks!'.

“ Good job, Ciar! You’re such a quick learner, aren’t you? “ Adira praised him. She was surprised at how quickly he could learn and adapt. It was a good thing, she realized. For with Nalesh on the move the team will need all sorts of skills.

"Heh. Great work, kid. Just gotta work on that landing for now." Blaze said, patting Ciar on the head. He then folded his wings back onto his shoulders and stretched with a slight yawn. "Sure is peaceful today, don'tcha think?" He said, looking up at the sky once more. "Fine weather, relaxed atmosphere, no sign of troubles...Honestly, I kinda have mixed feelings about it."

Slithery was a sleep for at least an hour, but was woke up by all of the noise. "hmm what, yawn. whats going on." Slithery said lazily yawning in between. Slithery looked over to find both of them gathered around Ciar. "Did some thing happen?" Slithery asked, rubbing her eyes for a second. Slithery began to get up but it took awhile, he belly was heavy, normally she would not even bother but she wanted to know what all the commotion was about. After she finally got up she walked over to look at what she missed.

"Well, we learned Ciar might also be one of the destined heroes, given he mentioned Nalesh, and he also got a flying lesson from yours truly." Blaze said, quickly summing up the past few minutes. "Other than that, though, not very much." As he said this, he glanced upward toward the sun to check the time. From his line of sight, it looked like it was over it's peak and was starting to sink.

Slithery looked up at where Blaze was looking and saw it was getting late. "Well guys I better be heading home." Slithery said as she yawned. "See you later, and I will be sure to be on the look out for more people that had a vision." She said and then stretched her arms and wings and then took flight. She turned and waved goodbye then yelled to Blaze. "Don't mess with your Sis to much dear."

"Who, me? Oh come on, since when did I mess with my sister?" Blaze asked as a joke. "In all honesty though...no promises, but I'll try to 'behave myself' for a little bit." he added. He then laid down, waiting for Adira and Ciar to be ready to go. As he waited, however, something else was on his mind: When was Nalesh going to make his move? If these visions were already occuring in times of peace, it meant that this serenity wouldn't last long from now...

"What!?" Diana exclaimed, clearly shocked. She then put down her tone to make herself quieter, and said, "Is it really time? Nalesh is quite the formidable foe. Are you sure that Adira is ready? I'll hand it to the young one, she is exceptionally kind and caring, but is she really prepared for battle?"

Diana was always the one who would worry about the other dragons, probably nurturing most of them way more than she should.

"What else have you uncovered?" Diana asked, just to be sure she wasn't missing out on any other information.

Last edited:
"Nothing as of yet. The scriptures have proven...diffuiclt to translate, to say the least..." Ulfric sighed. "Regardless, the vision is cast iron. She isn't ready yet, no, but she will be when the time comes, as will the others. I'll make sure of it myself." He looked over to Diana. "I know you care about her, which is why I'd like to ask you to watch over her if I can't. My old age has hindered me greatly, so it won't be as easy for me as it once was."

Diana chuckled, and in a joking manner said, "If age is rendering you, then I should be completely useless! Don't forget that I'm 60 years older than you, Ulfric!" Diana then became more serious, and said, "But I do understand. I will try my best."

Diana then began to fly away, but not before telling Ulfric to get some rest.

Diana was flying around, looking for Adira, but she then instead noticed Blaze, so she then decided in conversing with him in the meantime.

"Why hello there, Blaze!" Diana exclaimed as she landed, "How has it been with you?"

Adira looked over to where Blaze was and noticed how Diana has arrived as well. She may not have noticed Adira, seeing as her scales were a darker color and it was close to nighttime. “ Hey there, Diana! It’s good to see you! “ She called.