1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonic: The Un-named Comic

Discussion in 'Creative Archive' started by Doctor Oak, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

There will be more, soon. But in the meantime, here's all 7 Comics already made: (The Seventh was never posted on the old boards, so i guess it's technically new)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 Doctor Oak, Aug 25, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  2. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

If you don't find the seventh funny, that's why it was never posted. It's a set-up for the one that's yet to be made. That'll be funny, i guarantee it. It's just gonna take time to sort out.

3. Hey, I love graphic arts. Anyone care if I make a few Sonic comics?

4. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

So, Shadow turned good... Can't say I didn't see that one coming :wink:

Bring on the next comics, Oaky! :D

5. Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

Any idea when the next one will be up?

6. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

Some time after Emerald.

7. Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

Feh, I was looking forward to them and everything.

8. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

The comics are no more...

Sonic WILL return though.

Check the Avatar for a pretty blatant clue.

9. Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

*Gasp* Not Emerl! How could you...

10. baratron

baratron Moderator of Elder Scrolls
    Staff Member Moderator

11. Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

*Gasp* Not played Sonic? How could you...

12. baratron

baratron Moderator of Elder Scrolls
    Staff Member Moderator

I've tried to play it, but it was just too hard... I think the game I seriously tried was Sonic Adventure 2 on the Dreamcast. I bought it because it looked like fun, but I just couldn't get the hang of the controls. Sonic ran so fast I couldn't control him at all. On the very first level there was a part where you had to run round a loop-the-loop to collect rings, and it was just too hard for uncoordinated me.

Later my friends got one of the Sonic games for the GameCube, and we all tried it, and none of us were able to play it. The same problem - insanely fast uncontrollable characters :?. It reminded me of the trouble I had with Zool back in... 1990? (God, that shows my age). I'm having the same trouble now with Billy Hatcher, which is cool but has as its default difficulty level a need for super-fast reflexes - and I suspect this is (yet) another fun game with cute characters that'll defeat me.

I should hasten to point out that despite never getting into the Adventures, we played vast quantities of Sonic Shuffle, until I sold my Dreamcast to make space under the telly :?.

13. Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

*Laughs* I've aced as many Sonic games that I can get my hands on. Which is a fair few. They're pretty straight forward.

Oh, and moving too fast? Try playing as Super Sonic on sonic 2. XP

14. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

Oooooh, that was fun. ^^

I've never found the games fast to the point of being unable to control them. In fact, i enjoy rattling through the levels at high speed - that is indeed what Sonic is about.

Whilst we're vaguely on topic - expect a full preview of Zeo Sonic Power Rangers here on Sunday/Monday.

On a vaguely related note, anyone with a microphone please PM me.

15. Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

You've clearky never been Super Sonic as the end of game Sonic 2 boss, Gary. Debug mode rocks, but that was the worst mistake ever. I was at one side of the screen, then the other. And it didn't help that Super Sonic is tricky to jump with.

Don't get me started on Sonic 3 + Knuckles Doomsday zone though. That zone ROCKS!

16. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

Oooooh yes i have. ^^ It's the second most fun level to do it in - Metropolis Zone being the first.

Doomsday Zone... Argh. Such a god-damned hard level. Probably the hardest i can think of in the original games. I almost didn't beat it. Satisfying enough ending though once you beat it.

17. Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

If it makes you feel better, Gary, Doomsday zone took me three years to master. But it isn't hard any more. The hardest part is beating boss number one and still having rings to go Kamikazee Sonic.

18. I HAVE CLAIMED TAILS AS MY VAING JOB!!! Which means no one is taking that job from me. Mmmmmmmmmmmkay? :)

19. Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

*Note to self: Make Sprite Comic where Sonic gets implaed by spikes*

20. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza

Not like that doesn't happen enough during gameplay ;)

It's too bad that you lost interest with these, Oakster, but I look forward to seeing this Zeo thing completed. Hurry up with the goodness! :)

21. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

Your wish has been answered:

http://www.pokecharms.com/random/sonicthing.shtml

Just short of 2 megs.... so i'd rather you didn't watch it like daily or something. It'd kill the bandwidth. If you want to see it again and again and again, ask me for the file.

This is just the intro for the series... A proper ep will probably surface sometime around or after Xmas.

22. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza

Link doesn't work :?

23. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

Webmaster for 3 years and i still suck at links:

http://www.pokecharms.com/random/SonicThing.shtml

24. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza

O_____O

Oh my god...

That was freakin' awesome!!! You've out done yourself this time, Oakster. Two thumbs way up! XD

And yeah... I'd go for Amy's voice if I had a working mike ;p

25. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

Get one. :p

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/200573

Save my bandwidth.

26. Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

Was that Megaman I saw, Gary?

But that was..... *Starts applauding*

27. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

Yeah, i never explained that outside of IM:

Basically, if the Humans can call upon robotic animals as zords... then shouldn't animals call upon robotic Humans? ^^

That and the Megaman Robots are pretty much the only decent ones you could get sprites for to suit Zords.

28. Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

Ah. I see. Interesting idea, better than the proper power ranger show at any rate.

29. Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

Yo, I now have a mic.

30. I can see it now. *imagines Sonic with really cool, cute English accent* :o

31. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

Don't get your hopes up. Everything is very up in the air at the moment. I don't even know if i will carry this on - though i maybe will at some point for one ep at least.

I do intend to do some more Flash Movies in the future when i'm less busy though so having voice actors to hand'd be great. ^^