• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Sonic: The Un-named Comic

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
There will be more, soon. But in the meantime, here's all 7 Comics already made: (The Seventh was never posted on the old boards, so i guess it's technically new)

Comic1.PNG

Comic2.PNG

Comic3.PNG

Comic4.PNG

Comic5.PNG

Comic6.PNG

Comic7.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
If you don't find the seventh funny, that's why it was never posted. It's a set-up for the one that's yet to be made. That'll be funny, i guarantee it. It's just gonna take time to sort out.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
So, Shadow turned good... Can't say I didn't see that one coming :wink:

Bring on the next comics, Oaky! :D

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
"Doctor Oak said:
If you don"]

I thought the seventh one was funniest :). I'm not really a fan of the Sonic series (the characters are cute but the games are SO not my thing), but just the concept of someone who'd tried to take over the world going to an anger management class is funny.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I've tried to play it, but it was just too hard... I think the game I seriously tried was Sonic Adventure 2 on the Dreamcast. I bought it because it looked like fun, but I just couldn't get the hang of the controls. Sonic ran so fast I couldn't control him at all. On the very first level there was a part where you had to run round a loop-the-loop to collect rings, and it was just too hard for uncoordinated me.

Later my friends got one of the Sonic games for the GameCube, and we all tried it, and none of us were able to play it. The same problem - insanely fast uncontrollable characters :?. It reminded me of the trouble I had with Zool back in... 1990? (God, that shows my age). I'm having the same trouble now with Billy Hatcher, which is cool but has as its default difficulty level a need for super-fast reflexes - and I suspect this is (yet) another fun game with cute characters that'll defeat me.

I should hasten to point out that despite never getting into the Adventures, we played vast quantities of Sonic Shuffle, until I sold my Dreamcast to make space under the telly :?.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
*Laughs* I've aced as many Sonic games that I can get my hands on. Which is a fair few. They're pretty straight forward.

Oh, and moving too fast? Try playing as Super Sonic on sonic 2. XP

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Oooooh, that was fun. ^^

I've never found the games fast to the point of being unable to control them. In fact, i enjoy rattling through the levels at high speed - that is indeed what Sonic is about.

Whilst we're vaguely on topic - expect a full preview of Zeo Sonic Power Rangers here on Sunday/Monday.

On a vaguely related note, anyone with a microphone please PM me.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
You've clearky never been Super Sonic as the end of game Sonic 2 boss, Gary. Debug mode rocks, but that was the worst mistake ever. I was at one side of the screen, then the other. And it didn't help that Super Sonic is tricky to jump with.

Don't get me started on Sonic 3 + Knuckles Doomsday zone though. That zone ROCKS!

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Tom Nook said:
You've clearky never been Super Sonic as the end of game Sonic 2 boss, Gary. Debug mode rocks, but that was the worst mistake ever. I was at one side of the screen, then the other. And it didn't help that Super Sonic is tricky to jump with.

Don't get me started on Sonic 3 + Knuckles Doomsday zone though. That zone ROCKS!

Oooooh yes i have. ^^ It's the second most fun level to do it in - Metropolis Zone being the first.

Doomsday Zone... Argh. Such a god-damned hard level. Probably the hardest i can think of in the original games. I almost didn't beat it. Satisfying enough ending though once you beat it.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
If it makes you feel better, Gary, Doomsday zone took me three years to master. But it isn't hard any more. The hardest part is beating boss number one and still having rings to go Kamikazee Sonic.

Doctor Oak said:
Oooooh, that was fun. ^^
On a vaguely related note, anyone with a microphone please PM me.

I HAVE CLAIMED TAILS AS MY VAING JOB!!! Which means no one is taking that job from me. Mmmmmmmmmmmkay? :)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Not like that doesn't happen enough during gameplay ;)

It's too bad that you lost interest with these, Oakster, but I look forward to seeing this Zeo thing completed. Hurry up with the goodness! :)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Your wish has been answered:

http://www.pokecharms.com/random/sonicthing.shtml

Just short of 2 megs.... so i'd rather you didn't watch it like daily or something. It'd kill the bandwidth. If you want to see it again and again and again, ask me for the file.

This is just the intro for the series... A proper ep will probably surface sometime around or after Xmas.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
O_____O

Oh my god...

That was freakin' awesome!!! You've out done yourself this time, Oakster. Two thumbs way up! XD

And yeah... I'd go for Amy's voice if I had a working mike ;p

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Yeah, i never explained that outside of IM:

Basically, if the Humans can call upon robotic animals as zords... then shouldn't animals call upon robotic Humans? ^^

That and the Megaman Robots are pretty much the only decent ones you could get sprites for to suit Zords.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Don't get your hopes up. Everything is very up in the air at the moment. I don't even know if i will carry this on - though i maybe will at some point for one ep at least.

I do intend to do some more Flash Movies in the future when i'm less busy though so having voice actors to hand'd be great. ^^