1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonic & Mario at the Olympics Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Video Game Discussion' started by Doctor Oak, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

So, you've surely heard by now, Sonic and Mario are finally going head-to-head at a virtual version of the Beijing Olympics. If not, where the hell have you been? >=O.

This is a list of all the events taking place at Beijing next summer, not all of them may be included, but what do you think they'll play like if they are - and which characters should be included:

Aquatics — Diving
    Aquatics — Swimming
    Aquatics — Synchronized swimming
    Aquatics — Water polo
    Archery Athletics (track and field)
    Badminton
    Baseball
    Basketball
    Boxing
    Canoeing — Flatwater
    Canoeing — Slalom
    Cycling — BMX
    Cycling — Mountain biking
    Cycling — Road
    Cycling — Track Equestrian
    Fencing
    Field hockey
    Football (soccer)
    Gymnastics — Artistic
    Gymnastics — Rhythmic
    Gymnastics — Trampoline Handball
    Judo
    Modern pentathlon
    Rowing
    Sailing
    Shooting
    Softball
    Table tennis
    Taekwondo
    Tennis
    Triathlon
    Volleyball — Indoor
    Volleyball — Beach
    Weightlifting
    Wrestling

I personally hope as many of these are included as possible, 'cos some of them could be an absolute laugh riot with Sonic and Mario characters involved, lol.

#1 Doctor Oak, Mar 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
  2. I was surprised when i went to the homepage and saw mario and sonic in a game together...that was a happy moment for me..and m friends *i was in afterschool when i saw it, and i showed my friends..there excited* but i whould like to see swiming..

3. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

Friend Code:
    4167-4498-1464
    As far as humor goes, Judo, fencing, wrestling, and Taekwondo would be great to see in there. Going by that list, though, I'm hoping that every type of event is included in some way. Maybe they don't need every form of gynastics, cycling, aquatics, or volleyball, but I'd still like to see at least one from each.

4. Gymnatics-Certainly amuses me that I could see Wario trying to do this.

Table Tennis-Muhahahaha. Table Tennis and Mario/Sonic. What could be better?

5. I would love to see toad doing shotput

6. Trampoline-I could just imagine Luigi doing this. *Giggle*

Also Peach and Daisy doing syncronized swimming.