• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Sonic & Mario at the Olympics Discussion Thread

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
So, you've surely heard by now, Sonic and Mario are finally going head-to-head at a virtual version of the Beijing Olympics. If not, where the hell have you been? >=O.

This is a list of all the events taking place at Beijing next summer, not all of them may be included, but what do you think they'll play like if they are - and which characters should be included:

Aquatics — Diving
Aquatics — Swimming
Aquatics — Synchronized swimming
Aquatics — Water polo
Archery Athletics (track and field)
Badminton
Baseball
Basketball
Boxing
Canoeing — Flatwater
Canoeing — Slalom
Cycling — BMX
Cycling — Mountain biking
Cycling — Road
Cycling — Track Equestrian
Fencing
Field hockey
Football (soccer)
Gymnastics — Artistic
Gymnastics — Rhythmic
Gymnastics — Trampoline Handball
Judo
Modern pentathlon
Rowing
Sailing
Shooting
Softball
Table tennis
Taekwondo
Tennis
Triathlon
Volleyball — Indoor
Volleyball — Beach
Weightlifting
Wrestling

I personally hope as many of these are included as possible, 'cos some of them could be an absolute laugh riot with Sonic and Mario characters involved, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was surprised when i went to the homepage and saw mario and sonic in a game together...that was a happy moment for me..and m friends *i was in afterschool when i saw it, and i showed my friends..there excited* but i whould like to see swiming..

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
As far as humor goes, Judo, fencing, wrestling, and Taekwondo would be great to see in there. Going by that list, though, I'm hoping that every type of event is included in some way. Maybe they don't need every form of gynastics, cycling, aquatics, or volleyball, but I'd still like to see at least one from each.