• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Songs that Make You Cry

Well, I was searching through the forums and I could not find a topic like this. And I have been pondering what songs make you cry! Well, with that, here are my songs.

When She Loved Me- Toy Story 2 OST:
Odd choice, I know. But this has more of a reason. as pretty much all of you know, me and @The Blue Blur are dating. And we love each other very deeply, forever and always. That doesn't mean neither of us get anxious, especially me. To me, the song is my fear of losing her. Basically the song is just my anxiety of a possibility I thought could happen, but we both know it won't happen. It's just my thoughts is all.
Truce- Twenty One Pilots:
For people who haven't listened to the song, this one has a pretty broad understanding of why it makes me cry. It's a song about death, or more specifically, a suicide. It's a beautiful song but I first heard it at the worst time. Me and a friend were having a rough time, they were really suicidal at that point and I was really worried they'd kill themselves. I decided to listen to twenty one pilots as a way of keeping myself from exploding, and as fate have would have it,Truce was one of those songs and i listened to the message and bawled my little heart out. That's basically my view points of these songs, what are yours?

Burn/The Reynold's Pamhlet- Hamilton

This song is by Eliza Schulyr-Hamilton. While she and her older sister Angelica were away on vacation, Alexander had a affair with another woman. He then wrote the Reynolds Pamphlet on it, telling the whole world how he brought the woman into his own home. This is Eliza's rage agianst Alexander Hamilton, burning the love letters that he wrote to her, saying that he forfeits the right to her heart and their bed. The Reynolds Pamphlet is sung by Angelica Schulyr. She was in love, and is still in love with Alexander, and has to choose between him and her dearest sister Eliza. She says, "I know my sister like I know my own mind, you will never find anyone as trusting or as kind, I love my sister more than anything in this life, I will put her happiness over mind every time. You could never be satisfied, God I hope your satisfied."

Stay Alive Reprise- Hamilton

This song is sung by Phillip Hamilton, Eliza Hamilton, and Alexander Hamilton. Phillip was shot in a duel for his fathers honour. He says, "I did what you said pop, I immediately shot for the sky." Then, he and Eliza count in French, until he becomes unrespondant. The first time we saw Phillip, he was counting to 10 in French. He died the same way.

Younger-me probably thinks I'm a giant wiener because I will cry at anything, not even necessarily sad things but anything that's amazingly cool or epic or inspiring. This first happened when I saw Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban in theaters and I had to keep dabbing at my eyes at the part where Harry first flies with Buckbeak. So aside from obvious FEELS sequences like Toy Story 2, Aeris' death scene, and the beginning of Up!, here's some stuff I've cried at after listening to them too hard that will make you go "wtf celery":

Dragonforce - Through the Fire and Flames
"Keleri, no" you're probably thinking, but me crying at this one is because this song gets me so pumped up to friggin PUNCH GOD that my unbridled aggression has to leak out of my eyes

Sabaton vs. Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thunder God
Same thing. Worlds are colliding, the sun is exploding, a giant wolf has eaten the moon, etc. PUNCH. GOD.

Hans Zimmer - Time (Inception OST)
This one is a little more straightforward, the melancholy tones of the dream ending or does it BWONGGGGGGGG

If this is about what movies make me cry, boy do I have a list for you O.o But looking at songs, these two come to mind;
Butterfly Kisses, by Bob Carlisle
A song about growing up, from the father's point of view. Looking back, I think these tears are purely nostalgia. I can't really say much else. The world changes so much, and sometimes all you can do is hold on to memory. As the song puts it, "Like the wind the years go by..."

... and I can't actually recall the latter song's name. So I guess this is all I can contribute :p

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, my all-time favorite anime, easily having one of the best self-empowerment inspirational messages out there, has a very nifty soundtrack as icing on its cake.

Taking care of not to provide any major spoilers to those who have not seen it, I'll simply state that the last song in the soundtrack,
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann OST 2 # 25: With Your Drill, Pierce the Heavens!!, is one of the few songs that I've some emotional ties to. At the end of the series, when this song came on, my eyes were full of tears.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is by far one of the best watches I've experienced in a long time, and I highly recommend watching it if you haven't already! :halo:

Last edited: