• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Something Wicked in the Air (RP Discussion)

Where is your comfort level when it comes to dark atmosphere, such as violence/blood/death?

• I don't really care for blood or violence and would prefer to keep it PG13.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want to discuss this further before deciding.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Krisseon

Previously ThatMoodyHipster
@LunarSilvally Oh! Apologies, I forgot about your question!

So the branch of command goes like this: The Entity is in charge of everything. The environment, the inhabitants, the antagonists, and is working on commanding the Lost completely to turn them into full on antagonists.

The Lost are under constant stress with the pressure of the Entity and the antagonists bullying them into doing their bidding.

The Antagonists are working alongside the Entity, having direct communication with it and knowing what it wants. They can command the weaker of the Lost to submit to their will by further manipulation or brute force if need be. This doesn't necessarily mean that the Lost will listen though. They still have some free will, sense their items are still inside the Chamber, and this free will only gets stronger as their items grown closer to them.

I hope that helps!

Oh yes certainly that did help and the bond between JC and Blue is very strong so in a way she is fighting to resist including her brother Shadow who will be in different locations so Blue the shiny Umbreon will give the visions once they are close to an area where she had been and Ghost the shiny Decidueye will give the visions when Shadow is close or in an area where he was walking through those 4 years ago. So basically she will still be sane I mean with both siblings. Oh and another thing will "the lost be playable once they are saved when we get to that point.

Last edited:

Krisseon

So just a heads up to everyone, I think if I see a moment where the Entity wants to make itself known, I will act as it myself and post it in that moment if I'm able to. For example: possibly trying to corrupt one of the protagonists at a weak point, egging on one of the Lost to do something bad, or communicating with an antagonist on what needs to be done or clues how to do it. Things like that.
I promise this will only be the Entity and I will not skip over anyone, nor interrupt any actions taking place.
(This will happen telepathically by the way, as the Entity has no physical form.)

I know this is a bit contradictory to what I've stated before about our posting schedule, so if anyone has any qualms about this idea please let me know! It's important for me to know that everyone feels they are being treated fairly.

@AnimeTail @EeviumZ @Retr.0 @EmoKitty21 @Hungry Badass @arally @Merciless Medic @LunarSilvally @Riverrunner @DManArt&RP

Krisseon

@LunarSilvally Of course! Once the Lost are saved and reunited with their items they can join forces with the protagonists.

As for everyone's activity, it's hard to say how that will play out. This is why I implemented a 48 hour grace period, so that we can continue on even if they can't manage to make their post in time and they can catch up on the next rotation.

If there is an instance where someone is missing multiple posts and someone is stuck with no response to an activity, I would say the best plan is to try to play it off as smoothly as possibly and move on. With such a big group we'll be able to keep it going easily enough.

In the case that someone is playing an important character and is not posting at all, or have possibly left the roleplay altogether, we can come together back here to see who will want to replace that role.

Hopefully neither of these things will happen, but it's always good to have a backup plan!

It probably won't matter once we're further along in the RP, but I'd recommend adding a link to the RP thread to the first post in this thread along with the posting order in the event that it gets buried/difficult to find.

Krisseon

I have the posting schedule at the top of my first post in the PRP thread for that very occasion. I also have the link to PRP thread in my signature so it'll be there whenever I post, which is actually easier than going back to the first page.

Krisseon

Also @AnimeTail You have plenty of time still if you're not quite ready, but here's a reminder just in case; you're up to post on the PRP thread sense you were the first to join!

Krisseon

@EeviumZ Did I miss those objects in my post?? I apologize if I did, I was trying my hardest to keep up with all the chaos going on! I'll double check my personal messages and fix it if I did!

I love that I am the last post so I am just gonna chill here for however long XD
I am fine with this sense I am just part of the Lost group, so I can plan out my post as best as possible.

I don't know if this was said already, but if two people are having a conversation, does the order sort of break for just that part while they are talking?

Krisseon

While it's a good idea in theory for the sake of progression, I can also see it getting messy pretty quickly with so many people involved. So for right now, no. We can always reevaluate later on if it's not working out, but for now we'll stick with the original posting schedule and see how it goes.

Krisseon

Hey guys! Nothing too important to say right now, I just really wanted to express my excitement! I've had some time to brainstorm and I thought of all kinds of awesome ideas for the RP that I think you guys will like! No spoilers though! I just wanted you all to know!

Also today is your last day to get your post up @arally ! Then it's on to the next post and you'll have to catch up in the next rotation.

Krisseon

Yes! It's completely possible that pokemon could have entered the Chamber at the wrong time and been spirited away just as easily as the humans have. The pokemon they may come across will have dulled colors comparatively. The manipulation of the Entity causes them to be scared or angry, and very unpredictable. They cannot be caught.

Krisseon

You see all the buttons on the top of your comment box? One of them will look like a linked chain. All you have to do it highlight what you want to be a link and click on the chain link button. It will bring up a box you can put the URL for whatever it is you want it to link to. And voila! Your highlighted text will be a link!

Or, if you'd prefer using BB coding, you type 'URL=your link here' inside of brackets [], and then '/URL' inside brackets [] at the end.

Krisseon

Okay guys, feedback time!
It's a bit slow right now so let's go ahead and talk about the posting schedule.

Do you like it the way it is? Should we make changes? Share your opinions!

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
- I think that because the RP is just starting up, the current speed is fine. But during battles or conversations, something needs to be changed. Maybe post order can be ignored solely for the people engaged in a conversation/battle? Or something along those lines? I haven't operated an RP before so I really don't know. :?
- The grace period is fine for now. It may need to be shortened later though.

Yeah I think it is fine for now. But I think as the rp goes on and people start branching off it would be better to have a different schedule. Like maybe you have to wait for two people to post before you can post again or something like that.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Yeah. One of the RPs I'm in, Pokehuman Encounters, has a rule that states that you have to wait for two people to post before you can post. It works very well, and we have quite a lot of people.

I will also agree with the fact that the current speed works fine for the time being (especially for me considering I’m not able to get fully into the swing of things until after the 24th). But once things get going along, some change will probably have to be made to the posting schedule. Although I’m pretty sure most RPs I’ve been in, including my own lol, have just been a free for all in terms of posting, which is not exactly ideal. I am, however, liking the mention of having a certain amount of posts l to wait before posting again, although that may have to be regulated a bit as well speaking a small group could then technically go on way ahead of the rest of the group...

Yes, I agree with Emokitty and EeviumZ. If we get into a conversation later on, the posting schedule we have will make it even more difficult to respond because we will end up having only two or three posts for the actual conversation before we have to move on. For now, it's fine. But for conversations, we should be allowed to break the posting schedule, so that a conversation can flow smoother. Although, for battles, it's a bit a iffy.

I was in the same RP as EeviumZ and I ended up missing out on everything, including all the encounters with the bad guys (didn't help that I had a job, so I missed all the action, even with the 2 or 3 post rule because it all happened during the hours that I work). I just simply didn't have time for the encounters, even though I was really wanting to be a part of it, which was one of the reasons why I lost interest in the RP.

Since battles are going to be different in this style because there won't be any 1x1 battles unless we split up, the posting schedule we have right now won't hamper anything. Everyone gets a chance to respond to the action happening to their characters and they won't miss anything.

I was on a Discord RP server for some time and the same posting schedule you have worked wonders over there (then again, the group was pretty small). When we have characters branch off, they have their own posting schedule with the characters that are around the area they're in. Our posting schedule can be as flexible as I have mentioned, so that we don't have any issues.

I would also like to say if anyone wants to be in an encounter with the antagonists, but don't have time, I say we keep the posting schedule as is. I don't want a repeat of what happened to me in the other RP. XD

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
I'm out of school early (finished on June 3rd), so I have a lot more free time.
Just to let everyone know. I'm leaving to go camping tonight, and I won't be back until Sunday morning (PST). I may be able to get a post in during the evening or early morning, if A) my cell reception isn't too spotty, and B) my phone doesn't die.

Oh man, I can relate to that... I haven’t had power nor reception at any of my campsites throughout my entire trip thus far. I’ve been doing everything in the car from place to place.

Krisseon

All good, consistent feedback so far.

Okay, so given your responses, what I'm thinking is instead of 1 post ever 2 days, we will make it 2 posts a day, if one chooses to do so or is engaged in conversation or a battle. This will allow those who are active at the time to continue if they want, and there will not be too much to catch up on for those who haven't had a chance to post. The order for posting can be temporarily put aside if your character specifically needs to respond to something, but it must stay at 2 posts max per day.
Does this sound good to everyone?

Also last day for you to post @AnimeTail !