• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Something Wicked in the Air (RP Discussion)

Where is your comfort level when it comes to dark atmosphere, such as violence/blood/death?

• I don't really care for blood or violence and would prefer to keep it PG13.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want to discuss this further before deciding.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Krisseon

Previously ThatMoodyHipster
Right. Sorry @EeviumZ , it's my own fault I missed Lunar's post, but so far the thread's been on a first come first serve basis. Although if Lunar decides against making an antagonist you'll be next in line for the spot!

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Name: Aria Allegrette
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Hometown: Celestic Town
Description: She has long and wavy red hair and green eyes, pale skin, and stands at a height of 5'10. She wears a simple black dress decorated with silver music notes around the waist, sleeves, and skirt. She wears black ballet flats, and white dance tights.
Personality: She loves to be in the spotlight, and is all too willing to steal people's thunder. She can be a bit girly, and hates being dirty. She has a very good singing voice and is a skilled dancer. She is usually kind, although will become more malevolent as time goes on and her mind is twisted further.
Pokemon:
Altaria (F)
Illumise (F)
Cinccino (F)
Zoroark (F)

Reason(s) for going to the Chamber of Emptiness
: To find more people to perform for (she's a bit airheaded, I know).
Extra Info:
- Her item is a small microphone. Before her item was taken in to the alternate reality, she had the ability to manipulate her voice and dance moves to make people feel specific emotions, and even to influence them in other ways (such as putting them to sleep, Jigglypuff-style).
- She's obsessed with the legend of Meloetta. (She has never seen it, however, because of the Pokemon RP Rules.)
Role: Lost

Krisseon

That's a great character @EeviumZ ! She sounds really cute. I'll add her to the list! Now all we need is Lunar's last character and we're all good to move on to the final stages to start the PRP thread!

What is the final stage? So that I may prepare an answer when the time comes and have time to think.

EDIT: Also, I just realized that Pyros's powers are similar to a couple songs. XD glowing = Shine Bright Like A Diamond; roaring = Roar by Katy Perry.

Looking at what we have this seems to be a pretty established role play from the rules to characters, so I am fine if we all start whenever that is. My only question is when will the lost be introduced? At anytime or just when the protagonists enter the Chamber?

Well I will only play him to a certain point when the Protagonists reach close to the souls of the siblings as of a way to taunt them or stop them from trying to obtain it since he was the one who lets just say "got ride of them" in the Chamber of Emptiness @Krisseon so he won't he fully involved with the siblings after I rp him inside the Chamber of Emptiness since he placed the siblings in "the lost" position but thanks to the items I has left behind for the siblings they will be a big help in "defeating" him for now but will appear again to stop the Protagonists from going forward if that's alright.

Krisseon

@Merciless Medic Lol it's funny you say that, I was actually using music to inspire some ideas for my character as well! The next stage isn't really a huge deal or anything, it'll just be tying up some loose ends, that's all. Just some needed information or character tweaking if the need arises.

@DManArt&RP So the way I was looking at things to help plan things out is like this. The Lost are like grunts from the games. They can show up at any time to try to mess with the protagonists, while the Antagonists are like the higher ups that strike harder but less frequently. Though for the sake of those only playing Antagonists (I'm not sure if there are, but just in case) they can be behind the scenes, maybe spying on the protagonists for the 'entity' or commanding the Lost do their bidding before making an appearance. That sort of thing.

@LunarSilvally Alright, we'll give it a try! Go ahead and fill out your character sheet whenever you're ready.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Anyone got suggestions for abilities for Tiara and Mia? Mia's should be something manipulative/creepy, but I have no idea what to do with Tiara.

Krisseon

@DManArt&RP Oh sorry, I read that wrong I think. Both the Lost and Antagonists can only be present in the other reality, so the beginning will only have the protagonists at first, but we'll start with them approaching the Chamber right off the bat, so the other roles won't have to wait too long to enter. Once the protagonists have entered the other reality though, the Lost can appear at any time.

Krisseon

@EeviumZ Have you decided items for them yet? These abilities originate from the item, so try to draw inspiration from the backstory of how they obtained it or from the features of the item itself.

Sorry for the delay put here is the last antagonist

Name: Fernande
Sexual Orientation: Straight but is not interested
Hometown: unknown, was abandoned as a child
Description: Basically with dark brown hair and hazel eyes with casual clothing but wears a hooded cape to look scary.
Here's his trainer card

Personality: Psychotic, dark, loves to torcher others and taunt them especially if its one of "the lost"
Pokemon: Gengar(M)(Macro), Banette(F)(Dolly), Lycanroc(M)(Rune)(Shiny), Chandelor(M)(Linc), Dragonite(M), Mimikyu(F)(Maskin)(Partner)
Reason(s) for going to the Chamber of Emptiness: To taunt others and prevent other trainers from saving the ones that are "the lost"
Extra Info: -He was the cause of the siblings JC and Shadow to become "the lost"
-He will stop anyone from trying to save the siblings from being saved as he very adores them possibly obsessed with them-
Your Character's Role: Antagonist

Last edited:

Krisseon

Hey guys, sorry I'm posting so late. Today's been pretty busy.

Anyway, please stay tuned! I will update shortly about what to do next now that we have all of our characters.

Krisseon

**IMPORTANT NOTICE**
Okay! We've gotten a pretty solid plot going, and I think we have enough to go on to be able to start the PRP thread very soon! So the next order of business is to tie up some loose ends.

Here's what I want everyone to do. Each of you send me a personal message with the following information (even if you've already mentioned it in the thread, it'll just be easier for me to have everything categorized and whatnot):

If you are playing a protagonist, let me know what your item is and what the ability associated with it is. Keep in mind these abilities are more defensive than offensive, helpful but not combat oriented.

If you are playing one of The Lost, let me know what your item is. You can include the ability the item gave them before it was removed from the Chamber if you'd like, and any other additional information about the character you may want to incorporate to counterbalance their lack of ability. I'm thinking these can be more physical features on the offensive side. Like rough skin or acid hands, things like that. But keep them physical, if you choose to do so. I figure it's fair to do something like this considering they're outnumbered by the protagonists.

If you are playing an antagonist, let me know what their link with the other reality is. Do they belong to that reality, or were they lost to the 'entity' when their item was taken from the Chamber? The item is irrelevant, but you can add what it was if you'd like. These characters are a lot more versatile in terms of Other Reality based abilities and physical features. They are meant to be more powerful than the lost and the protagonists, but not unbeatable. Consider it like an Elite Four scenario, which is what I thought of when I decided on 4 main antagonists. It's important to note that these characters cannot be saved like the Lost can as their item was taken from the Chamber by a stranger at some point--unless you have a very interesting and convincing plot twist to do so.

This is just so no one ends up with the same item/ability/feature/what have you, and everyone can be unique! And as a plus it doesn't spoil anything for the roleplay.

Also, keep in mind once you send me this information (after any necessary changes and such), it will be locked in as canon to the plot. So if you want to change anything about your character, make sure to do so before sending me your personal message! Once all the messages are received and everything's good to go, I will post an updated summary so everyone's on the same page, and we can finally open up the PRP thread! Yay!

Last edited:

Krisseon

**IMPORTANT NOTICE**
Hey guys! Only a few more messages are needed before we start the PRP thread. I'm thinking we can start it tomorrow or Saturday evening if all goes well! But in the meantime, I figured we could go over a few things.

POLL RESULTS
The poll seems to be split almost 50/50, with only one extra vote to choice 3 which is 'I really like intense atmosphere and a decent amount of gore and violence. Bring it on!' But it's really close, so we'll stay in the middle ground. Keep that in mind. I think we should also refrain from swearing. I'm not particularly apposed to it, as long as it's used with good taste, but some may not be, so we'll just play it safe and keep the language clean.

A FEW CLARIFICATIONS
- To keep things simple and fair, the items the protagonists find in the Chamber belonging to the Lost will not give anyone any new abilities, as the abilities they possessed belong to the owners only.
- The antagonists' items were taken from Chamber from strangers other than the protagonists at some point. This is why they cannot be saved., and why they are so far gone and powerful. They've given in to the 'Entity's manipulation.

I think that was all of them, but if you need anything else clarified let me know.

POSTING IN THE PRP THREAD
Needless to say, we have a pretty large group here, some of which are playing multiple characters. So to make things easier and more enjoyable for everyone, including those of us who have tighter schedules in their personal life, there will be a rotational posting schedule. There is nothing more frustrating while engaging in a Roleplay than being caught in an endless loop of catching up and missing opportunities because no one will wait for you. This is something I've had happen to me, and I don't want it to happen to anyone with this Roleplay. Quality over quantity!

On the other hand, it can be frustrating to wait on one person when everyone else want to continue. So I think everyone will be given a total of 48 hours (2 days) to post. If you can't make it within that time frame, the next person to post may continue and that person will have to wait until the next rotation. That seems fair enough to everyone, right?

We will post in the order we all originally joined. Each of us will post once per rotation, so make sure to add details accordingly, and be as detailed as you'd like. Please also make sure to use proper grammar and punctuation to the best of your ability. Make your posts neat and easy for everyone to follow.

This will be the order for posting, as it is the order which everyone joined the thread:
Krisseon
AnimeTail
EeviumZ
Retr.0
EmoKitty21
lazy guy who likes to eat
arally
Merciless Medic
LunarSilvally
Riverrunner
DManArt&RP

I think that about sums it all up. Again, if you think of anything else you're unsure of, let me know!

Last edited:
Just a heads up to everyone...

As I’ve mentioned in the past, I’m currently on a trip which has me staying nights at campsites. Because of this, I may or may not typically have a way to access ‘charms. In anticipation for NOT being able to, the final section of each of my posts (until I’m at a point where I can guarantee my ability to respond) will end with two spoiler expansions. One will contain the ending of my post of which I’ll stick with if I can respond in time, and one of which will end with my character being somewhat separated from the group in the event that I cannot respond in time. So, when you see two different endings to my posts, that’s what it is.

Can the Protagonists just have the ability to understand Blue and Ghost so it wouldn't be as confusing so they can tell them what had happened to their trainers in their time period when one of the Protagonists picks both of the Pokeballs up. I'm only asking this because I will only be role-playing the girls most of the time until they seem to get close to JC and her brother Shadow and Fernande will only appear when the protagonists get close to the siblings.-

Krisseon

@LunarSilvally The items in the Chamber are not meant to be playable, even if they are a pokemon. If you want, the protagonist holding the pokeball(s) can have visions when the pokemon wants to communicate something, but you are already maxed out at 3 characters so unfortunately I will have to say no to the pokemon. I apologize if there was a misunderstanding somewhere about this! But it just wouldn't be fair to the others.

And you may play your characters whenever you'd like! Behind the scenes by themselves, with other Lost or antagonists, or otherwise, that's why you have them, they were meant to be your main focal point throughout the roleplay.

Last edited:
Actually I could do that, visions is kind of the same as understanding them like when they get to a certain area the vision happens but those items for the siblings are still ok to use right.

Krisseon

**IMPORTANT NOTICE**
Alright guys! I'm making the tweaks to my final draft to officially kick off the PRP thread!! I will be posting within the next hour!

So just as a reminder, there are more protags than the Lost, meaning not all the protagonists will be able to hold an item. This will be--much like the theme of this thread has been--a first come first serve basis. You may chose to not pick up an item (like I have done to let other characters shine first, as I have some other plans for Georgie's character arc later on down the line), but all the items must be picked up before being spirited away!

We will start right as the protagonists are approaching and entering the Chamber, so anyone who doesn't have a protagonist role doesn't have to wait too long to enter! Once all the characters have entered the Chamber, and all items have been picked up, they will be promptly whisked away to the other reality. And that's when the fun will begin!

If there are any other questions or concerns please let me know.

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
**IMPORTANT NOTICE**
Alright guys! I'm making the tweaks to my final draft to officially kick off the PRP thread!! I will be posting within the next hour!

So just as a reminder, there are more protags than the Lost, meaning not all the protagonists will be able to hold an item. This will be--much like the theme of this thread has been--a first come first serve basis. You may chose to not pick up an item (like I have done to let other characters shine first, as I have some other plans for Georgie's character arc later on down the line), but all the items must be picked up before being spirited away!

We will start right as the protagonists are approaching and entering the Chamber, so anyone who doesn't have a protagonist role doesn't have to wait too long to enter! Once all the characters have entered the Chamber, and all items have been picked up, they will be promptly whisked away to the other reality. And that's when the fun will begin!

If there are any other questions or concerns please let me know.
Could i get a list of the lost's items? It is kind of tiring to go through the olders posts
Thanks!

Krisseon

@LunarSilvally I'm sorry things didn't go quite as planned for you. It's honestly a really cute idea! Unfortunately I just don't think it would be fair to the others sense you already have 3 characters, otherwise it would have been a great addition to the plot! But like we talked about earlier, they can give the holder visions every once in a while to point them in the right direction!