• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Something Wicked in the Air (RP Discussion)

Where is your comfort level when it comes to dark atmosphere, such as violence/blood/death?

• I don't really care for blood or violence and would prefer to keep it PG13.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want to discuss this further before deciding.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does the normal character bio work for one of the lost? If so, here it is:

Name: Leander "Leo" Norwood
Sexual Orientation: Bi
Hometown: Although he tends to travel around quite a bit, he was born in Laverre City, Kalos.
Description: Despite standing at 6'2", Leo's height is far from what makes him stand out from the crowd. Then again, it's difficult to put a finger on what does. Maybe it's his dishevelled white button-up shirt, with coffee stains that couldn't quite be washed out. It could be the ghostly undertone to his tawny beige skin. Perhaps it's the black roots showing through on his now-faded short blue hair, grown in after weeks of travel. It must be other small eccentricity: his scuffed black jeans, mud-stained shoes, his collection of obnoxiously bright bow ties, or his square-brimmed glasses obscuring the faraway look in his grey eyes.
More than likely, it's the fact that no one has seen hide nor hair of him in years after publication of his final article. That probably has something to do with it.
Personality: Leo generally presents himself as calm and collected, almost to a concerning degree. Nothing seems to faze him, much less actively make him turn tail and run. Despite his friendly demeanour, he's extraordinarily irresponsible. His enthusiasm for certain subjects knows no bounds which, coupled with his tenancy to shoot before thinking can lead to destructive behaviour. It probably doesn't help that he tries to withhold details about himself either, preferring for others to try and figure it out themselves.
Pokemon:
"Mari" - Banette [F]

Reason(s) for going to the Chamber of Emptiness: Unknown, although judging by his articles published about various legends and folklore in the Pokémon world, research probably has something to do with it.
Role: The Lost
Extra Info:
  • He's fairly well-known for his newspaper publications about various archaeological discoveries or details on the myths and legends of various regions. There's no guarantee any of the other characters will have heard of him, though.
  • Leo isn't technically a trainer (only travelling with his partner for field work). However, his Pokémon has gotten significantly stronger during his time in the other dimension.
  • He has a tendency to call people by their surnames as opposed to their first.
  • He is rarely seen without a pen and notepad (with multiple others in his bag), although it seems like most of the ones he's currently carrying have long since been filled up.
---------
Please let me know if there's anything else I need to add, seeing as he's been trapped since the last time the dimension opened.

As a side note, I may edit his party a bit later if that's alright (still probably going to stay at three Pokémon though).

Last edited:

Krisseon

Previously ThatMoodyHipster
I've updated the main thread post with all the need-to-know information on our progress for the plot and characters! Now anyone who's new or lost can find it right on the front page!

Krisseon

@Lazy guy who loves to eat @EmoKitty21 It's not really a waste of time, it's actually a good idea. It's trying to give everyone the best of both worlds. However I believe it wouldn't work as well with a large group like ours as it would a smaller group, that's all.

Krisseon

@Riverrunner I do have to say I like the details you've brought to attention in your character. We are looking more for The Lost anyway, so sure! Welcome aboard! And yes, you can change whatever you'd like about your character sheet up until we begin the actual PRP thread.

Krisseon

D'aww, thanks guys! I'm quite proud of what this thread has become myself. It started as just a vague idea, and it's already come so far! I didn't think I'd get nearly this much out of it so soon! I couldn't have made it into what it is without all of you lovely people, though! So really we should all be proud! Yay teamwork! ^.^

I might add a character to the lost. Also I think the sign up sheet for the lost needs to have a section where you put the item that you placed in the chamber that way we know what is yours even if are character doesn't.

Krisseon

That's a good idea, I was thinking of tweaking it a bit too, actually. And you're more than welcome to add another character if you'd like! Up to 3 characters per person.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
I had an idea for a plot point.
Some of the Lost, after being trapped for so long, may have their minds twisted by the antagonist. They would become a sort of messenger/slave to the voice, seeking to manipulate those who still have their sanity.

Also, what exactly are the limitations on special abilities?

I would say nothing too op. Like flying or something like that. I was thinking of mine being something music related. I was going to add the guitar to the chamber.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Yeah, obviously nothing that breaks the RP. I was thinking:

- Nothing that would be considered restricted to Legendary Pokemon. (So no time/space/antimatter manipulation, no resurrection abilities, etc.)
- Nothing that could easily be used to escape. (Flight in particular, and possibly teleportation and abilities along those lines.)
- Nothing that can cause major destruction easily.

Floating and teleporting could be ok if they are very restricted. Like teleporting you can do it but you are very tired after and can not go to a place that you have not been before.

Krisseon

@EeviumZ Yeah, in a sense The Lost are like the grunts and the Antagonists commands them under the 'Entity' itself. I put a brief summary of each role a character can play in the main thread post if you haven't seen it yet. I kept them vague so different characters can suit their own style with only a few exceptions. There's a lot of different ways you can go with the concepts.

Regarding the abilities, it has to reflect an aspect of your item. As for the power limit, I agree it shouldn't be overpowering. Some examples of acceptable abilities would be things such as healing, foresight or shapeshifting. Things that aren't necessarily combat oriented, but things that could help them all out nonetheless.

Krisseon

If there is a specific ability anyone knows they want their character to have but aren't sure if it's suitable and you don't want to give too much away for the roleplay, feel free to private message me and we can talk about it!

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
@ Lazy guy who loves to eat Lol that's a great idea for an ability! It may even bring some comedic relief to the story given his opposing personality. I love it!
YAAY , i got worried when you said "nothing to make you escape easily " ((or something like that ))...

I think I will go with foresight, because it is the closest thing to time here (that is available and not op), and it realtes to Shay's item. That will not be revealed until the rp (unless it is needed).

Krisseon

@Lazy guy who loves to eat Nah, invisibility is another great example! Escaping from a situation and trying to escape from reality are two very different things. While character separation is completely possible, I don't think any type of ability could really help them escape an entire reality! At least, I don't think there is anyway..

@AnimeTail Perfect! I prefer some mystery be kept for the roleplay as well.

Krisseon

Although this brings a thought I hadn't considered before. I think it's best if we all go over our abilities to make sure no one else has the same thing! Unless we're all cool with possible last minute replacement. Personally I was excited to find out everyone's powers in the moment, but it might be a bit silly with 3 shapeshifters or something like that, y'know? What do you guys think is the best way to go about this possible issue?

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
Hmm, i want my character's power .. to be wish

He can wish for anything
But not escaping a whole reality thats off limits
And he can't for example summon a mewtwo because it won't magically be his mewtwo
But he can wish for food!

Voice manipulation. Can change his voice to sound like something completely different. Be it a person, pokemon, or just a random sound. I have something a little extra for the roleplay but I can share this without giving away too much.

Well, one way around it could be to just have everyone PM you @Krisseon. That way you’ll be able to know we don’t have duplicates as well as if everyone’s ability is acceptable. However, that would leave abilities as a mystery to everyone except you...

Hey, are you all still accepting people? I was able to read a bit of what you were talking about with the person cap, and I want to make sure I can join before making a bio. I would also need a bit longer to read through this all and see what the story is all about.

There is no more room for protagonists but there is still room for antagonists and the lost. Read the first post there have been some updates for the character sheet and who people joining can be.

I have a question? I seem to be interested in this rp and since two of my chars are always Protagonist's in most of my roleplays I like to try something different perhaps both being part of "the lost" as they both try to get out of enity if that's ok.

My protagonist character in the party's power can glow and roar like a ferocious Hydreigon. My lost's power will be sharp quills on her back and a more limber and flexible body. The antagonist will have something akin to Soul Eater anime's insanity soul aura thing, where she can exercise her aura and cause other people around her to lose their minds slowly, starting with auditory and visual hallucinations and descending down to complete feral and confusing actions. When people go insane, they don't become violent usually, but, obviously, any person under this aura can control how quickly their character descends into insanity.

Also, for my protagonist, he can possibly be a part of the Lost, but he hasnt lost his sanity just yet so he can still help out the party. He'll just be a little unhinged.

Krisseon

Thank you for clearing things up Emo! I just added whether or not a role is open for application just now so hopefully there shouldn't be anymore confusion about that.

@DManArt&RP If you just want the gist of things, as Emo said, there's a brief summary of each role and important plot points in the main thread post, although if you'd prefer to read through the comments to get a better idea that's perfectly fine! Go ahead and fill out a character sheet when you're ready and we can decide from there, as long as it's for an antagonist or the lost.
@Lazy guy who loves to eat In a universe where kids begin training to be pokemon masters at the age of 10, I don't see any problem with your character being skilled, as long as he's not unrealistically strong or overpowering the others.

Okay, so given from what I have seen, there is a lot of detail in the story and I love that. I was actually wanting to be a lost from the moment I saw this, I thought it would be interesting. Now a big question I have is this, how does time work. Because I was thinking that every time that the Chamber opens up, time moves the same in the normal dimension, but once it closes time moves all out of wack. When the Chamber closes, time moves at 2-3 times faster but the characters do not age at all. This can kind of make reality all out of wack and make them all crazy faster. They would lose track of time, not know how long they have been there, and overall question when the next opening is for more people. With the no aging part, it almost makes the characters hold no sense of time on themselves as they could have been stuck there as a kid and been there for millions of years, you know? Let me know what you think of this.

Krisseon

@LunarSilvally The items the protagonists hold are all that gets left behind when they enter the other reality and keeps them connected to their rightful reality. It is also what enables them to form a special ability related to that item in the other reality. The item can be anything really, as long as you can link it to whatever ability your character forms. Go ahead and fill out a character sheet and we can decide from there.

@DManArt&RP I honestly love that idea! I never put much thought in time! Go ahead and fill out a character sheet and we can decide from there.

@Merciless Medic Actually only the protagonists have special abilities due to their items being left behind in the Chamber. These protagonists will find the items that are left from the lost and bring them back to them to try to save them. Give a quick skim through the main thread post, I've updated it with some brief summaries of the different roles and some important plot points. Also go ahead and fill out your character sheets, I forgot you asked for a protagonist spot earlier so I'll make an exception!

Name: Hitoshi Moto
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Hometown: Goldenrod City
Current Location: The Chamber of Emptiness
Role: The Lost
Description: His clothes are ragged and consist of simple shirts or pants all ragged and torn. His current outfit consists of a white shirt dyed grey from its time here and a pair of blue jeans. He also wears a navy green cape but the cape is a bit short and has a hood with it.
Personality: Hitoshi had spent his early years in fear of Pokemon and learned to live without them. His skills when he went into the Chamber were okay but he lacked the new knowledge of the new dimension causing his skills to go to waste. His general personality was uplifting and caring, he never wanted anything to die. He had a great deal of patience when waiting or dealing with annoying people.
Item of Importance: A broken pocket watch
Pokemon: None
Reason(s) for going to the Chamber of Emptiness: Curiosity and something to be reveled later.

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
I'm not sure what Tiara's ability will be yet.
Does it have to be a magical/superpower like ability? Can it be that she gets a sword and becomes extremely skilled with it? I dunno why, I just can see her having something like that.
That's not for certain, just running an example by you first.