• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Some info on D/P revealed!!!

It has been announced that D/P will be able to trade with R/S/E/FR/LG and you'll be able to play with up to 16 people also there will be no new types but new type combonations like Rukario steel/fighting and new evo's and pre evo's for old pokemon.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
*Grumbles* Of course this just HAD to be revealed the day Alex officially leaves and when I'm at work :p

I've put down everything I know about the D/P info on the main page news. Might as well quote it here:

A bit of interesting news was revealed in an interview with Tsunekazu Ishihara, Junichi Masuda, and Ken Sugimori, featured in the latest CoroCoro magazine. Thanks go to Coronis for the translations.

First, D/P will not be released this November as previously believed. It's slated for a 2006 release, the exact date not yet known.

Secondly, it's confirmed that D/P will connect up to the Advance generation of games, meaning R/S/E/FR/LG and the Gamecube titles (via the GBA games most likely). Gotta love DS' GBA port.

There will not be any new elemental types featured in the games, but there will be new type combinations. It was also stated that the games will contain lots of brand new Pokemon, amoung those even more pre-evos and evos for older generation Pokemon. 'Guess calling these "another GS" wasn't that farfetched after all.

The creators claim the games will use the DS' touch screen but have yet to say how. DS' wireless linking abilities are also being put to use, allowing you to hook up to 16 different players at once. What about online capabilities? It seems they've yet to mention them.

Lastly, it was noted during the interview that the new games may not start out like any of the previous games have. It seems the changes are still up for discussion. This may be the most interesting information revealed in my mind. Just how far will these changes go?

Very cool. All of it 8)

Except they said that there would be LOTS of brand-new Pokémon. The GSC generation held the fewest new Pokémon (though it has more favourites of mine than other generations). Between this and Ranger, I'm totally psyched! (Though my guess is that Ranger is anime-related, but perhaps possibly with a different main character?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ranger could be a prolouge game for D/P like it would have info on the new (or old) team something like a preview synopsise on what they're scheaming so insted of actually playing you'd watch the characters talk and see what's happing but that's just my theory no one know's for sure. Will have to wait till tomorrow I think.

well the eighth movie is over but all they showed for Ranger was a sihloette of a person very similer to ash so Pokemon Ranger is obviously anime related *sighs* I was really hoping for it to be a game. I don't know what your trying to say meowth queen_101 but the only new pokemon revealed so far are Rukario, Manyula(evo for sneasle), Bonsly(pre evo for sudowoodo), manene (pre evo foe mr. mime) and munchlax (pre evo for snorlax)