1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DPPt/HGSS solarbeamer

Discussion in 'The Doctor's Clinic' started by Linzoy, May 14, 2007.

1. I haven't really gotten started with this yet, I have a houndoom but I'm still training it for sp attack and speed, and it has a detrimental nature so I might not use it in the long run. But anyway I'm thinking that I could use one of these two pokemon as the first pokemon in my team.

Houndoom leftovers
    sunny day
    solarbeam
    flamethrower
    dark pulse

Magmortar leftovers
    sunny day
    solarbeam
    lava plume
    thunderbolt

Should I train magmortar for speical attack and speed? Or something else?

I could put the one that I decide not to use for solarbeam somewhere else on my team. Then it would look like this.

Houndoom
    flamethrower
    dark pulse
    hidden power grass
    pursuit

Magmortar
    flamethrower
    thunderbolt
    toxic (people won't expect that)
    hyper beam

What do you think of these ideas?

2. Personaly I like the Solarbeam/Fire Combo...I can see u get pretty far with that. Houndoom is good with Sunny Day,Solarbeam,Dark Pulse,and that fire attack.Magmortar might need some work however.

3. A fire type that konws solar beem is very powerful it can bet a water type woth that ground types too
    Thats a great combo keep solar beem

4. if i were you,i would use houndoom as the sunny day/solarbeamer and magmortar as a special sweeper (get rid of hyper beam for anything though)(preferably Earthquake or rock slide)