• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS solarbeamer

I haven't really gotten started with this yet, I have a houndoom but I'm still training it for sp attack and speed, and it has a detrimental nature so I might not use it in the long run. But anyway I'm thinking that I could use one of these two pokemon as the first pokemon in my team.

Houndoom leftovers
sunny day
solarbeam
flamethrower
dark pulse

Magmortar leftovers
sunny day
solarbeam
lava plume
thunderbolt

Should I train magmortar for speical attack and speed? Or something else?

I could put the one that I decide not to use for solarbeam somewhere else on my team. Then it would look like this.

Houndoom
flamethrower
dark pulse
hidden power grass
pursuit

Magmortar
flamethrower
thunderbolt
toxic (people won't expect that)
hyper beam

What do you think of these ideas?

Personaly I like the Solarbeam/Fire Combo...I can see u get pretty far with that. Houndoom is good with Sunny Day,Solarbeam,Dark Pulse,and that fire attack.Magmortar might need some work however.

A fire type that konws solar beem is very powerful it can bet a water type woth that ground types too
Thats a great combo keep solar beem

I haven't really gotten started with this yet, I have a houndoom but I'm still training it for sp attack and speed, and it has a detrimental nature so I might not use it in the long run. But anyway I'm thinking that I could use one of these two pokemon as the first pokemon in my team.

Houndoom leftovers
sunny day
solarbeam
flamethrower
dark pulse

Magmortar leftovers
sunny day
solarbeam
lava plume
thunderbolt

Should I train magmortar for speical attack and speed? Or something else?

I could put the one that I decide not to use for solarbeam somewhere else on my team. Then it would look like this.

Houndoom
flamethrower
dark pulse
hidden power grass
pursuit

Magmortar
flamethrower
thunderbolt
toxic (people won't expect that)
hyper beam

What do you think of these ideas?
if i were you,i would use houndoom as the sunny day/solarbeamer and magmortar as a special sweeper (get rid of hyper beam for anything though)(preferably Earthquake or rock slide)