• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

So I cut my own hair!

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
And the end result looks alright!

969935_518964944829432_28431175_n.jpg

HOWEVER

That's not the point of this thread!

What I wanna know is: do any of you guys do anything similar? Cut your own hair? Make or customise your own clothes? I want to know!

Personally, I've always trimmed my own hair because it beats paying for something I can do myself but this is the first time doing a radical change (which means I never need to pay to get a haircut again so yay) which came about because I couldn't get a cheap haircut due to it being a bank holiday. I also customise my own clothes - I'll cut things off or change the necklines or dye things into them. It means that if I see someone wearing anything similar, mine is still more unique because no one else will have the same design I change my clothes into.

What about you guys?

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
I generally don't cut my own hair, it's too long so cutting it straight along the bottom so it was even would likely become annoying very quickly. That said, I like my long hair, so the only time it actually gets cut is either when the bottom looks pretty dead and scruffy, or it has grown past my waist.

As for making or customising clothes, I don't normally bother because while I do like looking decently smart, I don't care enough about my clothes to go to the effort of customising them.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I personally am horrible with a pair of scissors, so I can't make my own clothes or trim my own hair for the life of me. XD However, my mom's amazing with them, and she's made a covering for one of our couches, several of our tablecloths, and almost every curtain in the house, along with some of my clothes from when I was younger. Just to name some.

I have, however, made several of our keepsake boxes. They're just cardboard boxes (usually shoeboxes) that I cover with construction paper or wrapping paper and stuff, but they are around the house and are filled with things from USB cables to socks.

i was notified of this thread by jesper because i've actual kind of been talking about this recently!

i love craft! i make tons of cushions and covers and stuff and also a lot of hair accessories, like ribbons and hair bows and the like. i've made ties and bowties too and like toys and stuff for cousins and junk, and i just love sewing and actually physically making stuff<3

only recently i've gotten into proper clothes though - i've altered shirts to fit better and changed sleeves/collars/necklines and stuff quite a lot, but i've actually started a project (or possibly three) recently to make actual clothes from scratch! i bought tons of lovely fabric and i'm playing around with different patterns (the template kind) to make skirts. i love cute little a-line skirts and i love making cute custom stuff so i thought it'd be pretty funky to join the two! i'm also thinking of making a dress from one of the fabrics because i have two metres of it and my father used to make clothes so he can help me out. i dunno. it's going to be fun.

make do and mend all the waaaay