• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Snowypeak Ski Resort

Aura's ears pricked up.

"There's someone over there!" She exclaimed, leaping out of Spirit's fur, pointing one claw at a wall of solid ice.

She then walked up to the wall and placed one paw on it, trying to sense how thick it was. After what seemed to be an eternity, she opened her eyes.

"It's about ten centimetres thick..." She said, disappointment colouring her soprano voice.

She went to sit down, only to stand back up again, looking hopeful. "I might be able to smash the ice, but the shards of it could hurt anyone here or on the other side... But Spirit could melt the shards!" She finished, looking at the boy with shining eyes.

Maybe she wouldn't die in this icey prison after all!

Daiko looked straight ahead, shocked at the fact he'd just talked with the upmost style, to a wall of Ice. Daiko eyed around, noticing the Room had been split into Icy caverns, sort of like ice pods. Daiko's ears pricked up; he could hear someone talking on the other side of the wall. He tapped on the other side of the moderately thick wall.

'Katsu? Tyson? You guys in there?'

Daiko asked, checking for signs of life. He remebered the little Riolu, and knew for certain it talked before, that wan't him dreaming.

'Hey! 'lil Riolu! Answer me this; is Spirit in the cavern? If you guys wanna get out of here, you better listen to my instuctions, 'cause if you don't, were all gonna freeze to death! Swellow, to my side!'

Swellow hopped over, waiting for instructions. It seemed Diako would need Spirit's help if he wanted to proceed to help.

Reaction came quickly to Tyson. He crawled over to where the Riolu was standing, and knocked at the wall of ice. Indeed, it seemed to be only ten centimeters thick. Tyson grinned to himself. 9,97 centimeters, to be exact. He could hear a voice at the other side, but it was only a murmur. He couldn't make out any words, partly because of the ringing in his ears. He'd always been suffering of a weak tinnitus, but during the last seconds it had increased to an ear-ringing squeak. It was completely unbearable.

Tyson fell to the floor of the cavern, his hands at the sides of his head. What the heck was going on? His head was at the burst limit. Spirit anxiously hurried over to his side, lying down at his side, hoping to comfort with his warmth. Why? Why now?

Swift Screeched once again. He'd definitely located something above, an open cavern, with living beings inside. Probably the little Riolu, the Arcanine and the human that had been standing next to them. With a little squirming, he might be able to get there. The Weavile sighed. A lot of squirming. Then he started.

Aura let out a yelp when the screeching started. She covered her ears at the same time the human fell to the floor. She yelped. Spirit whinned.

"Shit." Aura breathed.

She ran to his side. "OI! WAKE UP YOU! WE HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE!"

The human didn't move. So Aura turned to Spirit.

"Do you know why this happened?"

He has a weak tinnitus...

"Right. Well we have get out of here..." She grabbed the boy and dragged him as far away from the spot in the wall that she would smash. "Can you use a fire type move to melt the ice shards?"

Yes, I can do that.

"Good. Ready?" Without waiting for an answer, Aura leapt forwards and placed one paw on the ice.

Her paw started to glow purple, and there was a huge cracking sound. The ice shattered.

"Aghh!" Aura exclaimed as she darted backwards, covering her head.

Heat suddenly filled the area, and the shards melted before they hit Aura's body. She raised her head to see Spirit glowing red, his fur floating all over the place. A few lone embers flew out of his mouth.

"Thanks." Then she turned to the hole she'd made in the wall.

A lone Weavile fell out of the snow.

"Nearly there!" the Weavile thought as he dug his way towards the other cavern. Suddenly the few remaining centimeters exploded in front of him, and he tumbled down onto the icy floor of the cavern. As he looked up he saw the little Riolu, an Arcanine and a human, rolling on the floor with his hands at his head. The Weavile stood up, and the Arcanine instantly took a defensive position, apparently he hadn't been forgotten.

"Hey, take it easy now," he said to the Arcanine. "I'm not going to hurt anyone. The snow above could collapse down on us."

The Weavile enjoyed the look of astonishment that appeared on the Arcanine's face as he spoke.

"My name is Swift," he said, hoping to ease the tension with some discussion. His eyes fell on the human on the floor. "What's wrong with him?"

"Tinnitus," came the Arcanine's reply.

"Oops, that was probably my fault. Sorry!" Swift said, and regretted it the instant the words left his mouth. This Arcanine was fiercly protective of its trainer, and now it looked as if it were hungry for revenge. "Why does this keep happening to me?" Swift thought.

Aura's reaction to the Weaviles - Swift's - words. Her jaw hit the ground. Her eyes widened to a huge size.

"You... Can... Speak... In... You're... Own... Language... And... Everyone... Will... Understand... You...!?"

He nodded. Aura sat down. So she hadn't been the only one who Entei had gifted...

"Well, we can talk about this later." She said. "We need to get this boy out of here."

Tyson. Spirit corrected.

"Sorry."

Daiko waited for a response, but couldn't actually hear anything but a few murmurs from the other side of the wall, then suddenly heard a high pitched trilling noise. It was a little painful, but Daiko kept his position. He knew if he sent out Floatzel to smash the wall with Focus Blast, everyone else in the other cavern would be cut by the flying shards...

Suddenly, a violent punch came from another part of the cavern system, and another voice was heard - No screming of flying ice hurting everyone, that must mean that Spirit was in the other cavern! It was safe to carry out his procedure. Calling back Swellow, Daiko sent out Floatzel, throwing the Pokeball whilst commanding the orange-furred Pokemon.

'Floatzel, Focus Blast!'

Floatzel burst out of the red and white sphere, hit the floor on two legs and started to exert a large amount of focus, similar to a aura enimating danger - hopefully enough to alert Aura of the oncoming attack that would burst them into the cavern.

Aura turned in response to the power from the other side of the cavern.

"Spirit!" She cried. "I think someones trying to break in there!"

She darted forwards and grabbed Tyson, pulling him away from where the power was coming from.

"Get ready Spirit!"

Spirit raised his hackles, growling as the temperature in the room increased dramaticly. The Weavile looked faint from the heat. Then a huge ball of red and white energy burst through, sending shards everywhere. Spirit roared, fire bursting from his mouth, melting the shards. At the other end, a Floatzel looked through, concerned. And behind that was another male human, also concerned.

Aura was quiet. She really didn't feel comfortable useing her ability around humans.

'Good job, Floatzel!'

Daiko grinned, as he and Floatzel lept into the room, both of them running to Tyson. 'Tyson! Tyson! You okay, buddy?' Daiko shook him to get him up, but Tyson just wouldn't budge - the only thing that was making him move was the sharp, trilling noise he heard before. He had his hands to his ears, as he seemed sensitive to the noise. Daiko got up and looked around - a lot of peope and Pokemon seemed to have gathered in the samll ice cavern. Daiko walked into the middle and beckoned everyone's attention.

'All right everybody, listen up and listen up well! I have a plan which could save all of our asses today! First, I'm gonna need Swellow and Spirit! These two are gonna use a combination of Heatwave and Flamethrower - It should provide enough power to make a large hole big enough for us to fit through! But then I'll need Blastoise's help to put some water up that hole, but then I'm gonna need that Weavile over there to use an Ice-type move to make a staircase out of the water Blastoise fires! All of you understand? Then let's do it!'

The plan should hopefully work, If Daiko's ideas were correct.

Katsu sighed, feeling slightly helpless. Sly shifted, growling. Katsu placed a hand on the Pokemon's shoulder. "The fact that we're out could be an advantage. We need to work from out here. They have Pokemon of their own. Powerful ones at that. Let them learn how to get out of this themselves. We'll help them up once they're out."

Sly nodded once, still uneasy. Katsu pulled out two Pokeballs, one that he threw into the air. Heon materialized before him as Arlie disappears back into her own Pokeball. Heon turned and looked at Katsu.

"We're going to help from the outside. You two are my strongest that can pull people up out of holes, if need be. Kit and Kendor will circle the hotel, looking for where they're coming out."

Katsu's Pokemon nodded.

(Sorry guys! But summer break is over, and my posts should get more common now.)

Swift looked a bit amazed. The plan that this trainer had suggested... It was completely insane. But maybe insanity was the only thing that could save them now. Swift grinned. And prepared himself.

Spirit nodded and was over at the newly arrived trainer's side, awaiting command. He was a little reluctant to leave Tyson's side, especially considering the state he was in. Yet Spirit figured that the only way he could help Tyson was by leaving him and take orders from the other trainer. But just for now.

Slash opened his eyes to find darkness as absolute as if he would have kept his eyes closed. Only now the snow stinged in his eyes. The Scizor was beginning to panic. He hadn't had any indications of claustrophobia before, and still he thought the snow was closing in on him. "No wait a minute. The snow can't come any closer than it already is. How positive."

Another reason for him to panic was all the snow. As a bug-type pokemon he despised the cold, and the masses of frozen water around him were leaving their marks. Slash considered praying, but decided it was under his honor. "But on second thoughts, what the hell do things like honor matter down here?"

And so he started praying.