• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Snapdragon's Sprites

Nope, Dragonman, sorry. :3 It's real tricky from here, isn't it?

The incredibly small part you're referring to, Artiste, has more to do with the hint I made after that. XD

But yeah. One of the still-unknown bases was used for Ezirem's ear.
The other was for the two itty-bitty spikes behind his horns (but not the ones under his ear, they were scratched) so they're really gonna be hard to identify. One more hint for them: the Pokemon they came from can't breed, but it can evolve.

Freakin' love the Woopers.

Anywhoo, time for my devious...ness! >_>'

I would like a sprite of.....*drum roll*

Kadence Virelei.

DUN DUN DUNNN. And I leave it up to you whether it be his normal outfit or his contest apparel.

[insert evil laughter and lightning in the background]​

I can answer that.
Kadence Virelei is my roleplay character. XD
Spriteon's just being cheeky. ;p

At any rate, Demi, here's your Kades.
kadence.png

Yes, the pants are the same on both his contest outfit and his alternate clothing because he's too poor for two pairs of pants stubborn.​

Ahh. Thanks.

That sprite is awesome, now I wonder if the character's any good, xD. Do you RP on this site? I've never seen your posts.

Thank you. :3

I haven't done much roleplaying on here yet, to be honest. I do some PM roleplaying with Spriteon, and that's about it. There aren't many new RPs that I could join with Kade, so he's probably only gonna see private RP use too. XD

Is Kade a PRP character? Or regular? Once I figure out why a RP thread I made got deleted, and I make it again, you're welcome to join. IF Kade's a PRP character. =]

Yeah, Kade's a Pokemon character. His bio's up in the RP forum. :B

EDIT:
meportrait.png

FE mugshot again.
Self-portrait this time.
Sprite-Snapdragon is not amused.​

Saweet. Pokémon character... I figured out why it got deleted, BTW. I put too much OOC in the rules portion, and the text didn't balance out. =[ Oh well. I'm going to repost it without the rules, And PM anybody who joins with said rules.

I like the self portrait. Why isn't Snapdragon amused? o.o

Last edited by a moderator:
That's another great mugshot Tama. Your use of that series means your mugshots, unlike the current Pokémon ones, actually look good. It's a shame the idea has been stolen, which is why your sprite self isn't amused I assume. At any rate I look forward to seeing the sprites you make as you're one of the rare talented few.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, shading... is something I struggle with. I'm working on it, but we can't all be Spriteons. ;p
But thanks for the compliments, guys. I appreciate it, I do. :>

So... sprite dump time. XD These are all old sprites. Little custom poses and minor edits.
amaryll1.png
charmander3.png
charmeleon3.png
leafia4.png
riolu4.png

lucario4.png
vaporeon5.png
vaporeon3.png
donkarasu3.png
rapidash3.png

breloom4.png
umbreon4.png
arcanine5.png
pikachu4.png
xatu3.png

And just because... Thierry, avec custom poses.
weavile.png

Finally, a 15-minute picture of a Nidoran. Which isn't really a sprite, but it's not worth making an art thread over, so eh.
nidoran.png

.... The sad looking Pikachu makes me fiercely happy inside. It's almost as if it's looking on as it's trainer is about to be shot, with it to follow. It's immensely heartwarming. Tama, I hold your sprites in even higher regard, heh.

Wow, these are amazing!
Some of the best sprites I've ever seen.
Keep up the good work.
Also, may I use some of the sprites, of course giving you credit.

I really like your sprites.
The shading is great.
And I really like how colorful your sprites are.
I might even say that you may be my favorite spriter. ;D

Nice!

I haven't seen many reposes, so this is great.

There are some pictures where it looks like you didn't totally patch up, but other than that, great!

And for the Nidoran, did you use a tablet, or did you *painstakingly* use a mouse?

guil.png
roz.png

Wow... sure is empty in here.
No kidding. Now let's hurry up and introduce ourselves, okay? Ahem... I'm Guil, rhymes with mill.
And I'm Roz, rhymes with... moz. Uh... we're taking over this thread.
Not like Snapdragon's gonna need it anyway. It's been... what, a week now?
Tsh, talk about lazy. So starting now, we are the kings of this thread. All the sprites in here were made by our talented hands.
Yeah, what he said. Don't you dare disagree with us, either, because we have bouncers. Mean ones. Very tough sorts. See for yourselves!

mixups1.png

What the...? I thought we hired a Zangoose, Seviper, and a Lucario. Who are you guys?
...We were hoping you wouldn't notice the disguises. The other guys quit when they found out you were paying them in doughnuts.
It worked for Snapdragon.
Forget it, Guil. We don't need bouncers. Look at how tough and intimidating we are.
Right. Let's just... move on, okay?

Also, may I use some of the sprites, of course giving you credit.
No.
No.
Snap... uh... we made those sprites for our use only.
Yeah. It took us hours.
As for the rest of you guys... yeah, thanks for the compliments, we know we rule.
The Nidoran was done by mouse, though I wouldn't call that painstaking.
No kidding. Look at that shaky lineart. And the neck is too long.
Yeah. Snap's kind of a hack, isn't he?
Totally. These people should be thankful that we jumped him and stuffed him in a closet for a week.
Roz!!

...Oops.

Those are all pretty nifty sprites, but the Zangoose-themed Sneasel stands out most for me, it looks great. The Arbok/Seviper mix actually looks like a good evolution for it if the hood wasn't so recognizable.

*Shoots self*
DX
*Shoots self again* *and again* *and another time, just to finish up this ammo*

I was a noob, even if that was a few days ago, and I still am sort-of a noob now. DX
I enjoy making my own sprites now, I find it fun.
Sorry Guil and Roz. If you see Snapdragon, tell him I said I'm sorry too.
I was kinda being a bit of a kiss-up there DX
*Shot another time for extra measures*

Keep up the great spriting work! You and Spri-Pixelchu, are one of my favorite spriters, and I hope someday to be as good as you.
*shot again 0.o*
I wonder how much ammo is in this stupid gun?

rozguil_backshot.png

No, no. Listen. The name's Guil, rhymes with rill.
And I'm Roz, rhymes with... Roz.
You aren't the first to ask to use Snap's sprites, so don't sweat it.
You ain't gonna be the last, either.
But, uh... just for future reference?
Snapdragon's not a she.

Who cares about Snapdragon, anyway? This thread's about us.
Yeah, guys, thanks for the compliments. We luffle you too, Pixelchu. But if you guys liked that other stuff, check out what we forced Snap to make this time!
Roz...!
I mean... we slaved hours over a hot MS Paint to make these. For real.

XanthPortrait.png

A FE mugshot for Xanthier. As per his most esteemed request.
Almost as foxy as us, isn't he?

sonicstyle.png

And Snap as a Sonic character. As per Miss Pixelchu's equally esteemed suggestion.
Why would anyone wanna be a kangaroo rat? I'd much rather be a bird any day.
Snap's just weird like that.
Oh, uh... speaking of, he's looking a little sketchy lately. Think maybe we should start feeding him?
Feeding him? What do we look like, caterers? I'm not spending a cent on that.
So what do we do, then?

Hm... ransom, that's what.
Awesome! Okay. Attention duelists: we have your Snapdragon! If you ever want to see him alive and spriting again, you'll... uh... hey, Guil? What'll they do?
Hmm... they have to guess our names, that's what.
They already know that, Guil. Remember? Rhymes with till?
I meant our real names.
Oh... well, we gotta give them hints, then, right?
Right. Listen up, plebes. Roz and Guil aren't our full names. Our real names you'll find in the pages of a book or on the stage, but you won't find them by googling baby names.
You can't have one of us without the other. We're totally inseperable. You'd probably have trouble telling which one of us is which, come to think of it. We're totally noble, but we don't make very good friends to others, if you get what I mean.
Not like it'd make a difference, anyway, since we're apparently dead.
Yeah, right. Stoppard's a filthy liar. We're right here, aren't we?

Okay, that's more than enough hints. If anyone can guess exactly what Roz and Guil are short for, then we'll let Snapdragon come out of the closet.
Heh... come out of the--
Yes, yes, I get it. Riotous, Roz.
Aaanyway. Snap also says that he'll reward his rescuer with a sprite request. Not like anybody will be able to guess our names anyway. Five bucks says somebody guesses Rumplestiltskin.

Yet more excellent work Tama! I'm really, really happy with the mugshot you've made of me, not only does it look good, several friends have commented on how well it's done. Kudos to you indeed. The back sprites of Guil and Roz are very nice too, even if their hats seem to defy gravity, heh.

The Sonic-esque character compliments Pix's persona very well. Not only can both be placed together and look like they go together, their similar pose in relation to the head means that in composition terms it 'clicks'. Your work continues, as ever, to impress.

Oh yeah? Well... your mom defies gravity!
Roz... that was terrible.
But... but... he mocked the haaats. ;3;
Just be thankful he didn't say anything about your stupid girly face, stupid girlface.
*sniff* :'(

Rosencrantz and....
Guildenstern!​

dpiconani198.gif
We have a winner!
dpiconani198.gif

Hmph... lucky guess.
Okay, okay. We'll let your Snapdragon go and return to our corners like good little boys. Hmph.
So what do you want for your sprite request? I bet you want--
No, Roz, no. He doesn't want a sprite of your face.
...I wasn't gonna say that. Out loud, anyway.

dpiconani198.gif
We have a winner!
dpiconani198.gif

Hmph... lucky guess.
Okay, okay. We'll let your Snapdragon go and return to our corners like good little boys. Hmph.
So what do you want for your sprite request? I bet you want--
No, Roz, no. He doesn't want a sprite of your face.
...I wasn't gonna say that. Out loud, anyway.

Hmm... I'd say a sprite of Roz's face xD. No, just kidding. Hmmm.... how about this guy:
66ttawo

And, since it isn't colored, and has no pants (XD) Here are the details:

Hair color: Red
Eyes: Dark Red
Shirt: White shirt, black cross, horizantal line stretches across the shirt. Top of the shirt (near neck) is black, same with that bottom part (near pant-alones) Black undershirt, that's longsleeve.
Pants: Baggy Light Camo Pants (Lighter Colors)
Shoes: White sneakers
Arms: Black & White Checkered Bracelet on right arm

Yup, I think that's it. Thanks! The only reason I knew, is because you said Stoppard, and Roz sounds like Rosencrantz and Guil sounds like Guildenstern. *Shot*

Okay, uh... I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon and get myself a sprite thread. Admittedly, I haven't done much spriting in a looong time, so most of what I have to showcase is old. Expect this post to be edited a lot--I'll probably add any other stuff I post up here, too.

Right, let's get down to it, shall we?

jalen_mastersheet.png

(Transparency is for HIPPIES. >:I)
This eyesore is Jalen Rothchilde, who has the honor of being my very first Pokemon RP character as well as my first attempt at spriting. Yeah, top left. Those two. Maybe a year, year and a half old. Pretty godawful, huh? There was actually a pose that came before that one, I think, but I'm pretty sure I deleted it out of shame. XD

The sprites are in chronological order going downwards, with the bottom ones being my recent attempt to relearn how to sprite. The Ho-oh cosplay's out of order, I know. That's somewhere in the middle, but I can't remember where. The pokeballs... contain his team and look pretty. That's about it.​
Very very cool, dude. I'm likin' the Pokeballs. And that Ho-oh cosplay is to die for. I am just stunned sitting here on my laptop.

Hakurequest.png

I'm sorry about how the pants turned out, Haku. D:
I redid them thrice and failed every time.
I have officially been bested by camo.

And on that confidence-inspiring note, it's contest time all over again! Yaaaaay. :V
chimaera.png

Meet... this thing.
This big-headed kangaroo thing is actually a mashup of several of my favourite Pokemon, or Pokemon I loved when I was just a little kid. In honor of that, I'm making this into an uber-contest. XD Or two regular contests combined. Something like that.

Contest one!--IT'S OVERRRR.

Your standard, run-of-the-mill "guess the bases" contest. There's a modest amount of scratch spriting/modifications to the bases, so this is gonna be kinda tricky.
If people are stumped I will, of course, provide hints. And you get some of them right off the bat.
1. Umbreon (The ears and the yellow. XD)
2. Oddish (The green.)
3. Dunsparce (The blue.)
4. Marowak (Part of the head.)
5. Breloom (The feets.)
6. Raichu (Part of the tail, the legs.)
7. Charmeleon (The arms, the spike on the head.)
8. Ampharos (The body.)
9. Quilava (Ass on fire.)
10. Gabite (The tip of the snout.)
11. Weavile (The forehead gem and the tail tip.)

Hints:
  • Five of the Pokemon used have appeared in Thierry stories.
  • I used two starter Pokemon.
  • Two of the remaining sources are dual-types who have evolved once.
  • They're both Sinnoh Pokemon.
(More to come in the event of stumping.)
Prize: 2 sprite requests. Holy shit.

Contest Two!--Yeah okay it's over guys

Basically, I don't know a thing about this bugger other than what he's made of. Write me a Pokedex entry.
Entries should follow this format:

Name here
______ Pokemon

Actual entry goes here. Words words words, yay.
(Type goes here.)

Sample entry! said:
Meowth
Scratch Cat Pokemon

It is nocturnal in nature. If it spots something shiny, its eyes glitter brightly. I'd rather you give me more than one line, though, since that's boring. Make it interesting. :3
(Normal)

Prize: 1 sprite request. Yaaay.

Also note that sprite requests aren't limited to trainer sprites. You can ask for FE mugshots, re-poses/sprite modification for Pokemon, fakemon, anything else I've done in this thread, or even something I haven't. Try me. XD

Well, I'm not 100% confident, but I know I definately got a few.

1. Marowak
2. Breloom
3. Raichu
4. Ampharos
5. Charmeleon
6. Mismagius
7. Feraligatr
8. Nidorino

The last two have me stumped, and I'm a bit shaky on Mismagius...but there's my first shot. :3

Hakurequest.png

I'm sorry about how the pants turned out, Haku. D:
I redid them thrice and failed every time.
I have officially been bested by camo.

It looks good, never the less.
Do you mind if I tweak it a bit, moving the cross up a bit?

Rayleph (Rahy-lef)
Bouncing Pokemon

-Going to enter something else here later D|-
(Ground-Grass.)​

Why hasnt anyone said typhlosion for the bases contest?
9.Typhlosion(fire on back[size=3pt](ass on fire XD)[/size])

I normally wouldn't allow people tweaking with my sprites, but since it is your sprite and I'm not too happy with the way it turned out... go ahead, Haku.

Nachoman... Close, but no cigar.