• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Small adventure journey...

hi, this is my first time posting really anywhere here, but not in rp generally. I just figured Pokémon is my only interest fandom wise and I’d like to have a small adventure/journey; just a few people in addition to myself, where we can journey and enjoy a well written adventure. Mostly fun, drama will really only be plot relevant.

In terms of an actual progressing plot, I was thinking “shadow” (or feral) Pokémon needing purification and a select professor designated our trainers on a sort of special mission journey. There’s a counter team, of course, utilizing dark mon for their unique abilities at the animals expense.

Toying with it in my head. Suggestions welcome upon joining. I’d like to offer a lightly detailed character sheet if that is allowed. My schedule is very busy between family/work/school but I’ll keep updating as often as I can, please be aware of that.

thank you! c;

Seems interesting, hope you don't mind me jumping in with a few questions/suggestions.

Have you decided on what region this would take place in alongside what team will be creating these Shadow/Feral Pokemon? Main two teams that draw my attention shadow-wise are teams (Go?)Rocket and Cipher.

Not at all!

Region wise, I usually keep that relatively open - however, if we do go with the Rockets, then I’d likely keep things in a Kanto/Johto setting (at least for now). Likely a branch of the Rockets looking to go beyond that moral edge, as usual.

Perhaps for convenience sake I should just go ahead and choose that instead of over whelming anyone with ideas, haha. I also had Cyrus, and a renewed Galatic team in mind, upon his return he brings back something other worldly (think UBs, but not) and that spreads a sort of shadow virus like pokerus, perhaps they’re contaminating Pokémon and utilizing their unknown additional typing against others.

That sounds interesting, although I doubt the world that Cyrus--a man from Sinnoh--goes to/comes back from is anything like the Ultra wormholes that were found in Alola.

Although I don't see a problem in choosing a region/making a new evil team, but that's just me. Despite not having played Pokemon coliseum/XD much, I'm still a big fan of those games as well as the use of Shadow Pokemon.

I've wanted to get back into RPing for the longest time, it was the most fun I've had on the internet & I really need that again ahah. A traditional adventure with a twist to it + a smaller number of people seems perfect. I'd be interested.

NDB

Previously BartenderReaper
I would like to do a small group Pokémon rp. I’ve tried doing Pokémon rps in the past, but there were so many people that the plot moved too fast for me to keep up. I would like to join if the group isn’t too big.

Hello, Shadow Pokemon Professional here. This honestly sounds fun, I may be a little late here, but there is some possibly helpful information.
I assume you had Team Cipher generally in mind for this with their original Shadow plot. But if you are going to have it in Kanto or Johto, I'd assume the RP would take place many years after the events of Team Cipher's downfall. Also a Shadow Virus would be interesting. I just do not see why Cyrus would want to use Shadow Pokemon.
I did reread your statements. So, are you talking about just something brand new with this Shadow Virus form the Ultra Beasts' world then, not connected to Cipher?
If you want anymore info, I'm here. I studied the games and Shadow Pokemon as well as beat both Colosseum and XD to their finish and got every Pokemon from those games to Home, which was a pain.