• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Site Power Up!!!!1!

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Today, I had planned to launch this new design, a new upgrade to the forums and the brand new Pokedex. However, the Pokedex is lagging behind, and as such may not be finished for a while now as I've got a TONNE of other work to get done.

But, even though the Dex isn't going to be too forthcoming too quickly, I figured it was time to get this design and upgrade underway regardless.

This design is built to handle a lot more than the previous one and should be a lot more versatile - so I'm looking forward to keeping it fresh throughout the rest of the year.

Incidentally, the TCM's back up for now... we'll see how hard it hits the site for now - but hopefully it can stay up for a bit longer this time (especially as now I'll be spending less time working on the Dex and thus less time personally hammering the site myself).

This is stage one of a big upgrade to Pokecharms this year - and it is really needing it now - later in the summer, we'll be upgrading to a new server that should cope a lot better with the site and will be using that opportunity for a massive shakeup to go along with the new Pokedex, an upgrade to the TCM and a complete overhaul of how the Staff Showcase is done.

Essentially, in the coming months, everything is going to be changed and new - and I'm personally really looking forward to what's coming, so I hope you lot will be too.

As with all forum upgrades, there's a possibility (if not a probability...) that there'll be some bugs. Please report them and bear with them - I'll try and get them all nailed as soon as possible. There really shouldn't be too much trouble this time though...

Anyways, hope you enjoy the new look - and the wider forums again. Unfortunately, there's no way to keep the older layouts this time, but there will be plenty of variations of this theme later down the line to choose from, so I hope that makes up for it.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Well that didn't last very long. TCM was killing the site, so had to be taken off again. Sorry.

This does pretty much mean there's no chance for it being back up for another month. :/

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
We have had them on and off before - it's a case of the forums hiding away the options to turn these things on and off...

The trainer card maker is a fantasic website edition you have... I just wished people at ONM would save them or quit moaning that is always down. Don't they ever read "They will be deleted" lol.

Cannot wait for the update, best of luck to you. :3

I see gender displays. Does this mean I'll no longer be mistaken for a guy? XP

GAH! I know what you mean. Just because most of the people here are guys, doesn't mean there aren't girls!

Anyway, I like the site changes so far. :3

I can't wait to see the Pokedex & Trainer Cards back up again.

:D