• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sinnoh - Three Years Later (Discussion)

@EeviumZ would you like for Pyros to be your partner, or would you prefer to be with another character? I have a feeling that Pyros can learn from Allie.

Also, I got word from @Blxckwolf that, if he is too busy, I can take over the Professors. Of course, he is going to try to make a post every day to keep up with us and make this RP work, since he doesn't want to have it die so early.

Thank you to @Merciless Medic for clearing that out already, but allow to me elloborate a little further.

Schoolwork has been piling up lately and to make things worse exams are starting soon so I'm going to have to study on a daily basis for a month or two. Nevertheless I'll try to log on and make at least 1 post every day, in order for the RP to progress. In case of absence, I have given Merciless authorization to write the Professors' dialogues, so don't worry when you see a post from Merciless with the Professors.

- Your friendly neighbourhood Blxckwolf

So in order to speed things up a little, because we're wasting an awful lot of time distributing Pokédexes and Pokémon for everybody, I'll let everyone write their own dialogue with the Professors. Note that Dawn is tather timid and held-back, while Lucas is more of an energetic talker. Those who want a starter have an actual 'appointment' with Lucas, so he already has a guess of what your name is, as shown in James' and Melody's case.

In my next post I'll finish Dawn's conversation with Jet, and motion for Leon to come over to the desk. So @TheWanderer , you're up.

As for Lucas, he'll round things up with Pyros and whoever else applied for a starter can slide in the next spot.

My apologies for the delay, again. It does bring a smile to my face to see how passionate you are about this RP.

- Blxckwolf

@BlackWolf Where does my trainer get a Trainer's ID, she has a Breeder's Permit but not a trainer's ID. She'll need one to participate in battles
Best I can come up with is the Trainer's School. You'll have to have attended some classes, mainly on the principles of battling (type matchups, physical/special attacks, status afflictions) and then you'll receive your trainer's ID. I suggest you have your character attend some of those in a crash course on these subjects and then receive their ID.

Last edited:
Then it shouldn't be a problem for Lura! (Being top in her class and all) I'll do that AFTER she gets a pokedex and some pokeballs (Unless you want me to put it she can't get the dex until she gets a Trainer's ID) since it is a long line.

Then it shouldn't be a problem for Lura! (Being top in her class and all) I'll do that AFTER she gets a pokedex and some pokeballs (Unless you want me to put it she can't get the dex until she gets a Trainer's ID) since it is a long line.
A Pokédex and some Pokéballs are fine, it's just the starters that really require a Trainer ID, in order to show the Professors you are capable of handling your own Pokémon and they don't risk gifting one of their starters to someone unqualified to care for them.

And I'm guessing a Breeder's Permit covers that as well. The only thing that differentiates them is that a Breeder's Permit takes A LOT more effort to get because you are going to be working for other people's pokemon, as well as your own (The Breeder's Permit allows you to work in just about any daycare) At least that's how I described it in my post.

And I'm guessing a Breeder's Permit covers that as well. The only thing that differentiates them is that a Breeder's Permit takes A LOT more effort to get because you are going to be working for other people's pokemon, as well as your own (The Breeder's Permit allows you to work in just about any daycare) At least that's how I described it in my post.
Absolutely, it's just that a Trainer's ID differs from a Breeder's one due to the battling aspect of it, as mentioned in the classes you'll have to attend in the Trainer's School. It's a detail, but a rather important one.

If I may ask, are you still taking new RPers? If so, I’d like to try my hand at this. It’s been a while since I’ve done any mainline Pokémon RPs on Charms and this looks like a good one. If you’re up for another person, though, I do have a few questions. Namely what’s happened so far, where the plot’s headed and what the power level for the trainers is? I’d like to use Sol in this (the trainer and team I’ve worked on the most) and I’m not sure what degree he should be at, having heard discussion of Mega Evolution and starting trainers both on the first page of the thread.
EDIT: Nevermind the first and last questions! I just read up on the RP thread, so I know what’s happened and that everyone’s just starting off. With that in mind, is there a limit of Pokémon a trainer can have at the start? Sol’s meant to be an Alolan trainer, and his third Pokémon gives him a perfect reason to come to Sinnoh. (Don’t worry, his team is still low-level - he’d only have his Rowlet, Rockruff and Kirlia!)

Last edited:
If I may ask, are you still taking new RPers? If so, I’d like to try my hand at this. It’s been a while since I’ve done any mainline Pokémon RPs on Charms and this looks like a good one. If you’re up for another person, though, I do have a few questions. Namely what’s happened so far, where the plot’s headed and what the power level for the trainers is? I’d like to use Sol in this (the trainer and team I’ve worked on the most) and I’m not sure what degree he should be at, having heard discussion of Mega Evolution and starting trainers both on the first page of the thread.
EDIT: Nevermind the first and last questions! I just read up on the RP thread, so I know what’s happened and that everyone’s just starting off. With that in mind, is there a limit of Pokémon a trainer can have at the start? Sol’s meant to be an Alolan trainer, and his third Pokémon gives him a perfect reason to come to Sinnoh. (Don’t worry, his team is still low-level - he’d only have his Rowlet, Rockruff and Kirlia!)
Glad that you've found an answer to your own questions, but I'll clarify a little.

As you've seen we're in the beginning stages of the RP. Pokédex handouts, Starters, all that jazz. Once all that's cleared participants are free to roam Sinnoh as they please (under my watchful eye, ofcourse)

As for a plot, Team Galactic is more alive than ever under the name Neo-Galactic. The new leader Vesta's motive is mostly revenge for what happened to Cyrus since Legendaries are off the table. Trying to stop her is the International Police Station, which I have a few ideas with.

Finally, the power level. This varies from participant to participant and heavily depends on their objective. Trainers who want to take the Sinnoh challenge either have a Pokémon of their own or choose a starter. There's a case or two where a starter is given to a trainer with a Pokémon if this was discussed beforehand. Ofcourse trainers with an already, albeit semi, established team of their own are not excluded from taking the Sinnoh Gym and League challenge. The only difference is that the leaders will have much stronger Pokémon in store for them. See it as an emergency team.

That being said, Sol can already have three Pokémon. I'll have to be strict and say that Sol can't receive a starter from the lab though. Send in a character sheet, maybe add an objective and you're good to go.

Hope that clears everything up.

Name: Sol
Appearance: (apologies for the low-quality of the picture but it's 3DS what can ya do?)
image0.jpg

(also a sprite version I got made a while back)
Sol.png

Hometown: Hau'oli City, Alola
Backstory: Sol started his adventure pretty simply, with his Rockruff being a gift from his father and his Rowlet being his Starter Pokémon, received from Professor Kukui. He didn't go farther than Akala Island, however, before running into something strange. On Route 6 (Alola), he encountered a Kirlia he was capable of TALKING with! Kukui and Burnet were unable to discern why, leading to Kukui suggesting Sol visit Sinnoh's local professors, Lucas and Dawn.
Personality: Sol likes to be joyful and happy, but gets down to business when it comes to battles.
Other: He's got some... interesting familial connections in his other canons. They may or may not take hold here, depending on what Blxck decides.
Goal (optional): He doesn't really have one yet. Really, the closest thing he has to a goal is his drive to help people and Pokémon evolve together.
Species: Rockruff (later Lycanroc-Day)
Nickname: Repide
Moves: Tackle, Sand Attack, Bite, Howl, Rock Throw
Connection: Repide was Sol's first ever Pokémon, and he couldn't be happier with him. Repide was a gift from Sol's father, a traveling man.
Personality: Repide is essentially a lively, excitable, fiercely loyal puppy.

Species: Rowlet (later Dartrix, then Decidueye)
Nickname: Soren
Moves: Tackle, Leafage, Peck, Astonish, Razor Leaf
Connection: Soren was Sol's starter Pokémon, a gift from Professor Kukui. Granted, things didn't quite start off on the right foot... It was worked out soon enough, though, after a battle and a bit of bonding.
Personality: Soren has a bit of an ego, liking to be the "cool guy", while simultaneously being prim and proper, acting noble and having what seems like extreme OCD. He also enjoys tea.

Species: Kirlia (later Gardevoir)
Nickname: Estelle
Moves: Confusion, Teleport, Disarming Voice, Magical Leaf, Heal Pulse
Connection: A chance encounter led to the Kirlia that would later call herself Estelle meeting Sol on Route 6 that Sunday midafternoon. Upon first gasp in human language, Sol was dedicated to finding more out about her. Repide and Soren tracked her down before they fought, and soon enough the Kirlia and Sol became friends. The Kirlia joined Sol's team, just as curious about the truth behind her strange communication as he is.
Personality: Estelle is a kind if timid girl. She's definitely one to let authority lay in the hands of someone else, but will protect those she cares about no matter what. Somewhat shy on first meeting, but very compassionate. Also super innocent.

Species: Pichu (later Pikachu, then Alolan Raichu)
Nickname: Zeke von Pichu
Moves: Thunder Shock, Thunder Wave (Pikachu and Raichu get all the moves >>)
Connection: TBA
Personality: Zeke is a boastful bastard, never thinking about what he's getting himself into but always wanting to entertain others and put on a show. Gets himself into more trouble than he gets out of.

Species: Eevee (later Flareon)
Nickname: Morag Ladeevee
Moves: Quick Attack, Double Kick, Bite, Swift, Shadow Ball
Personality: Unlike Zeke, Morag is very cautious and worrisome. She occasionally freezes up in stressful situations, but has spent most of her time with Zeke worrying about him.

Species: Greninja
Nickname: Moonshadow
Moves: Water Shuriken, Night Slash, Hydro Pump, Shadow Sneak, Extrasensory
Personality: Moonshadow is very down-to-business and blunt in his actions, preferring to end a fight quickly over dragging it out. Seems to have his own agenda, even while on Sol's team.

@Blxckwolf here ya go! For a bit of clarification on Estelle, she can't REALLY talk, but she is capable of fully communicating with humans. And not in the same way as Detective Pikachu. Mind DMing me about it so I can explain it? It's key to Sol's story and team.

EDIT: Forgot the appearance - it's been edited in!

Last edited:
@PlayfulFox47 Given that Angel is a very helpful person in general, she will travel along with Lura and help her out if needed. Angel I think already introduced herself, but let me check, just in case.

Edit: She hasn't XD lol, I'll make a post with her doing a thing.

Also, remember that Angel was right beside Lura as she was getting her PokeDex.

@Blxckwolf when you are able to, I would like for you to post your character's reaction to mine. XD Also, try not to auto my Chimchar too much like you did in the last post you made. ^^ I didnt mind because I was going to have it happen anyway, just ask me first before you pull a fast one on me.

@Blxckwolf when you are able to, I would like for you to post your character's reaction to mine. XD Also, try not to auto my Chimchar too much like you did in the last post you made. ^^ I didnt mind because I was going to have it happen anyway, just ask me first before you pull a fast one on me.
Writing right now, apologies for the delay.

Also, my bad on the autoing. I was focussing on the reunion between the two Chimchar and went ahead. Won't happen again!^^

@Mechanist Gamma - Please provide credit to the artist who made the sprite for you. It is generally preferred to use words to describe your characters in general, but if you're using an image that was created for you, proper credit IS required.
Agh, shoot! I would, but... in all honesty, it’s been years since I got that requested and I haven’t been able to find the original Creative Corner thing for it. I’ll try to find the original artist if I can.