• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sinnoh - Three Years Later (Discussion)

Name: Danielle Osthine
Appearance:
Hometown:
Hearthome City
Backstory: Danielle lived a fairly normal life when she was younger. Hearthome City is one of the largest in the world, but it seemed so small and dull to the girl. She spent some day tagging behind her mother to the Pokemon Contest Hall, and others she would pop into the pokemon fan club, which bored her half to death. Most of the young child's days were spent stalking the Hearthome City Gym, where she watched Fantina intently and then raced home with glorified stories of the gym leader. It wasn't until the girl ran into Barmy, that her ambitions set root. She was influenced by pokemon her entire life, but having her own changed the girl's perspective.
Personality: Witty and sarcastic, Danielle makes up for what she lacks in manners with confidence. She's a head strong young female, stubborn in her ways- yet undeniably tenacious. She trains hard to make sure everything goes just how she wants it to, and when it doesn't... then there is a problem. Danielle couldn't care for other people's opinions, though she doesn't exactly prefer being alone. Once she does make the acquaintance of someone, they are in for one hell of a ride; because she is aggressively supportive and unfortunately protective. It takes a lot to humble Danielle, but when she sees something cool; she won't stop talking about it for days or weeks, even.
Other: Can I just like... put it here? Turquoise.

Pokémon
Species:
Inkay
Nickname: Barmy
Moves: Constrict, Peck, Tackle, Reflect, Foul Play
Connection: Danielle met Barmy through trade... technically. She was around that age that everyone was receiving their pokemon, her arms open for something to destroy the competition. By the time every single kid in her class had a companion except her, the girl decided to ask her parents. They, of course, had no intention of treating the girl to a pokemon of her own- pointing out that it was useless until she was old enough to take care of herself first. The thing was, her next door neigh had a pokemon from a whole different region: an Inkay. The kid next door was never really into pokemon to begin with, so Danielle began working her charm. 3 juice boxes and 25 pokedollars later, and Danielle had her very own pokemon! Since that first day, the pair have been inseparable.
Personality: Barmy is a pretty easy going dude. He just sort of floats around and listens to what other people say. He's not a pushover, per say, but extremely mellow and perhaps even lazy. He doesn't take interest in much, but is willing to follow wherever his trainer goes. Barmy, despite his easy-going nature, is rather enthusiastic about battling- it's his favorite past time besides snuggling up beside Danielle.
If you could explain Danielle's appearance a bit, she is also accepted! Feel free to hop in the thread whenever you want.^^

If you could explain Danielle's appearance a bit, she is also accepted! Feel free to hop in the thread whenever you want.^^
XD. I- I can't breath! How did I miss the entire appearance section? I just skimmed over it, completely. I've never done that; I feel so silly. You don't understand how hard I'm laughing right now, and it's not funny at all. I'm very, very sorry. Let me edit my last post- thanks for accepted despite my stupidity XD.

I just realized I didn't put Turquoise in my character sheets XD whoops... I'll just uh... add that to Zorua's description of the bandana. Turquoise is kind of blue XD

Almost done with Pyros' Character sheet. You can view it now if you'd like. The only thing missing is the moves for Zarda. That will take a long while because of their history. Although, it will basically be the history of moves she has learned and used, but the main moves she will use will be listed off plainly on her sheet (not the spoilered moves).

D

Deleted member 227971

I'd love to join, but
Question: Do our characters need to start with 1 pokemon, or can we start with 4 or 5? This would be more ideal for My character as she has been journeying with her pokemon for quite a while

I'd love to join, but
Question: Do our characters need to start with 1 pokemon, or can we start with 4 or 5? This would be more ideal for My character as she has been journeying with her pokemon for quite a while
Your character can have multiple Pokémon already, but the Gym Leader challenge will be harder than it would be for others, and same goes for the Elite Four. You can message me with the details so we can work out the ideal plan for your character in this RP.^^

Almost done with Pyros' Character sheet. You can view it now if you'd like. The only thing missing is the moves for Zarda. That will take a long while because of their history. Although, it will basically be the history of moves she has learned and used, but the main moves she will use will be listed off plainly on her sheet (not the spoilered moves).
Pyros' description looks very good and the character is obviously accepted. As for the moves, you can already enter the RP if you want and add the moves later.

I'm making a character Weather you like it or not!
Name: Lura Nirna
Appearance: short brown hair that is down, blue eyes, white long sleeve top, a blue jean skirt that stops at the knees, white flats
Hometown: Solaceon Town, Sinnoh
Backstory: Lura lived in Solaceon Town her whole life. Her parents were pokemon breeders who breed pokemon for tournaments for trainers. She helped her parents in taking care of eggs for her parents' clients. One day her parents gave her two eggs to take care of. She thought that they were both for a client, but they were her birthday gift instead
Personality: Careful, likes to think ahead, gentle, quiet, kind
Other: She doesn't like the color Turquoise, Never battled before.
Goal (optional): Unknown at the moment

Pokémon
Species: Shinx
Nickname: Male
Moves: Tackle, Leer, Swift, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang
Connection: Sparky loves his trainer due to how much time she played with him in the past. Lura is his mother-figure. Although he doesn't show it
Personality: Energetic, playful, gets into trouble a lot.

Pokémon
Species: Eevee
Nickname: Sunny
Moves: Covet, Growl, Tackle, Tail Whip, Helping Hand, Sand-Attack
Connection: Sunny looks to her trainer for how she should feel about certain subjects. To her, Lura can do no wrong. She also loves her trainer because of how nice she is to other people's pokemon.
Personality: Quiet, and reserved. Very loyal to her trainer, but is scared of everyone else

Last edited:
I'm making a character Weather you like it or not!
Name: Lura Nirna
Appearance: short brown hair that is down, blue eyes, white long sleeve top, a blue jean skirt that stops at the knees, white flats
Hometown: Solaceon Town, Sinnoh
Backstory: Lura lived in Solaceon Town her whole life. Her parents were pokemon breeders who breed pokemon for tournaments for trainers. She helped her parents in taking care of eggs for her parents' clients. One day her parents gave her two eggs to take care of. She thought that they were both for a client, but they were her birthday gift instead
Personality: Careful, likes to think ahead, gentle, quiet, kind
Other: She doesn't like the color Turquoise, Never battled before.
Goal (optional): Unknown at the moment

Pokémon
Species: Shinx
Nickname: Male
Moves: Tackle, Leer, Swift, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang
Connection: Strong
Personality: Energetic, playful, gets into trouble a lot.

Pokémon
Species: Eevee
Nickname: Sunny
Moves: Covet, Growl, Tackle, Tail Whip, Helping Hand, Sand-Attack
Connection: Strong
Personality: Quiet, and reserved. Very loyal to her trainer, but is scared of everyone else
I have to agree with Merciless in saying that the Connection section in the Pokémon means that you have to write a little about the connection you have with the Pokémon. I read that they both came from an egg, but how are they towards you? How do you feel about them? Give me little history!
Other than that, you're accepted^^

I'll post my characters actually interacting with other people in my next post. Or... well, actually one of my characters will XD the other character will have a bit of a funny dialogue with her Zorua.

I wasn't so sure where the Pokedex and PokeBalls were obtained, so I just chose Dawn for Angel to go to. XD I wasn't exactly sure about Pyros' ability to get a Chimchar either, since he didn't do the questionnaires and all that, but since he is a seasoned trainer, would he be able to get one anyway?

Well, Pyros is a bit busy, so if anybody else wanted to be in front of Allegro, then that'd be fine. XD I gotta wait for Blxckwolf to post anyway. XD Just wanted to make sure it was a random hit rather than a specific one. (I knew it was random anyway, but I just wanted to clarify)

@PlayfulShinx47 About that recent post you made, your character didn't notice Sentorus's character, Marx, barging into the Professor's Lab and stealing a Pokedex. Was that an accident and you didn't mean to leave Marx out, or was that intentional? You also didn't notice my character shifting closer a bit to protect Lura, so I'm thinking it was more of an accident that your character didn't notice. xD

hello i can join the RP (:

Name: Alexej
Appearance: as my profile
Hometown: eterna city
Personality: A long time ago when he started his first pokemon adventure was a turtwig he crossed the city beating all the gym leader but one day his torterra (his turtwig who grew up with time) died while taking himself attack of a thug who was destined for Alexej after that the trainer runs away throws all his badges in a lake and returns close to his hometown for suicide when suddenly a shiny target prevents him alexej sees potential in gets groomed and decides to train for twenty years traveling in different regions and creates an unbeatable team, after the 20s and believing himself unbeatable he heard of a trainer silver mount and decides to face him after an epic duel his carchacrok is ko and loses the duel
Other: he traveled in 5 different region without counting sinnoh his region are: kalos, unys, johto, hoenn and kanto
Purpose (optional): To become the best trained trainer to make his torterra come back

Pokémon
Species: Garchomp(shiny)
Nickname: Roxas
Moves: Earthquake, Stone Edge, Sword Dance,
Dragon's claw
connection: accidentally met, complementary to his trainer, the only person he respects is alexej and even if he can no longer stand up he will fight anyway for the glory of alexej
Personality: arrogant and cruel (which was totally the opposite when he was a mere target)

Species: staraptor
Nickname: Richard
Moves: nest, brave bird, close combat, half-turn
connection: he was his second pokemon he was captured he was abandoned when he was little and now his torterra
Personality: a sense of justice refusing to touch or something of a weak

Species: Aegislash (shiny)
Nickname: Excalibur
Moves: King's Shield, Shadow Sneak, Gyro Ball, Toxic
connection: exchanged in traffic alexej manages to have Excalibur exchanged for a lot of fortune because of the fact that he is shiny
Personality: shy and very kind

Species: blaziken
Nickname: burn
Moves: flare blitz, protect, dance swords, High Jump Kick
connection: during a visit to the teacher of the region of hoenn alexej sees a dusty a little different from the others because it is much faster and agile than the other alexej asks the professor if he can get it and managed to have it, burn has a distant relationship with his trainer he loves him but he is so much disappointed him on the way he chose to make his dream
Personality: reckless and hesitated showed his dominance

Species: Tyranitar
Nickname: Tytane
Moves: crunch, Stone Edge, fire punch, ice punch
connection: alexej stole it from his mother to be able to have his own tyranocif known for their danger, she takes alexej for his father
Personality: not like fighting, rather docile

Species: Tangrowth
Nickname:Banana
Moves: Giga drain, Knock Off, Earthquake, leech seed
connection: found in a forest eating he captured him to complete his team, it is very difficult to see his feelings we do not know what she hates or what she likes
Personality: mysterious, plump

hello i can join the RP (:

Name: Alexej
Appearance: as my profile
Hometown: eterna city
Personality: A long time ago when he started his first pokemon adventure was a turtwig he crossed the city beating all the gym leader but one day his torterra (his turtwig who grew up with time) died while taking himself attack of a thug who was destined for Alexej after that the trainer runs away throws all his badges in a lake and returns close to his hometown for suicide when suddenly a shiny target prevents him alexej sees potential in gets groomed and decides to train for twenty years traveling in different regions and creates an unbeatable team, after the 20s and believing himself unbeatable he heard of a trainer silver mount and decides to face him after an epic duel his carchacrok is ko and loses the duel
Other: he traveled in 5 different region without counting sinnoh his region are: kalos, unys, johto, hoenn and kanto
Purpose (optional): To become the best trained trainer to make his torterra come back

Pokémon
Species: Garchomp(shiny)
Nickname: Roxas
Moves: Earthquake, Stone Edge, Sword Dance,
Dragon's claw
connection: accidentally met, complementary to his trainer, the only person he respects is alexej and even if he can no longer stand up he will fight anyway for the glory of alexej
Personality: arrogant and cruel (which was totally the opposite when he was a mere target)

Species: staraptor
Nickname: Richard
Moves: nest, brave bird, close combat, half-turn
connection: he was his second pokemon he was captured he was abandoned when he was little and now his torterra
Personality: a sense of justice refusing to touch or something of a weak

Species: Aegislash (shiny)
Nickname: Excalibur
Moves: King's Shield, Shadow Sneak, Gyro Ball, Toxic
connection: exchanged in traffic alexej manages to have Excalibur exchanged for a lot of fortune because of the fact that he is shiny
Personality: shy and very kind

Species: blaziken
Nickname: burn
Moves: flare blitz, protect, dance swords, High Jump Kick
connection: during a visit to the teacher of the region of hoenn alexej sees a dusty a little different from the others because it is much faster and agile than the other alexej asks the professor if he can get it and managed to have it, burn has a distant relationship with his trainer he loves him but he is so much disappointed him on the way he chose to make his dream
Personality: reckless and hesitated showed his dominance

Species: Tyranitar
Nickname: Tytane
Moves: crunch, Stone Edge, fire punch, ice punch
connection: alexej stole it from his mother to be able to have his own tyranocif known for their danger, she takes alexej for his father
Personality: not like fighting, rather docile

Species: Tangrowth
Nickname:Banana
Moves: Giga drain, Knock Off, Earthquake, leech seed
connection: found in a forest eating he captured him to complete his team, it is very difficult to see his feelings we do not know what she hates or what she likes
Personality: mysterious, plump
I'm sorry but right now I'm going to have to reject your character. Your writing isn't exactly what I'm looking for in this RP, and the character either. My goal is to journey through the region with the other participants, training and battling along the way. Your character already has a team of titans, so I don't think he's fit for this RP.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Is is too late to join?
Name: Allison Minerva Silverstone (Prefers to be called Allie)
Appearance: Blue hair with purple highlights (dyed pre-RP), black skirt, blue leggings, blue t-shirt, black hoodie, black sandals, height of about 5'6
Hometown: Lumiose City, Kalos
Backstory: After beginning her journey in her home region, she mostly performed in Showcases instead of taking on the gyms. Seeking to travel somewhere new, she eventually traveled to Sinnoh.
Personality: Outgoing and friendly, Allie loves a challenge. She can occasionally be a bit rash and oblivious, which can get her into trouble. She has a tendency to be overly apologetic, and often feels very bad if she believes she has done something wrong or she has upset someone. She rarely holds a grudge, unless she has a very good reason to. She will protect the people she loves with her life.
Other: Her favourite color is turquoise.
Goal (optional): To obtain the badges of Sinnoh, and to succeed in Pokemon Contests.

Pokémon
Species: Eevee (Partner)
Nickname: Evie
Moves (For now, she may learn more later): Quick Attack, Glitzy Glow, Shadow Ball, Charm
Connection: Allie met Evie when Allie was eight years old. They became instant friends, although Allie was too young to own a Pokemon at the time. On the day she was allowed to become a Trainer, Allie caught Evie and gave her a Silk Scarf as a symbol of their friendship.
Personality: Evie has an almost identical personality to her Trainer. However, she has a lot more sass than Allie.
Other: Eevee refuses to evolve.

Species: Kirlia
Nickname: Luna
Moves: She has the large majority of the Kirlia movepool, with the exceptions of Growl, Double Team, Lucky Chant, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, and Imprison.
Connection: Luna met Allie when she was still a Ralts. They shared a desire to perform and be in the spotlight, but Ralts was not very skilled with moves. With Allie and Evie's help, Luna grew more graceful and skilled. Afterwards, Luna decided to join Allie on her journey.
Personality: Unlike her Trainer, Kirlia is calm and prefers to analyze the situation first. She is highly protective of both Allie and Eevee. She can be a bit clumsy sometimes, occasionally using moves on accident.
Other: She will evolve into Gardevoir later. She also has telepathic abilities.

Note: Allie will obtain more Pokemon later.

EDIT: Added more detail.

Last edited:
Yes, there are Pokegears, Holocaster, XTranscievers, and probably mobile cell phones like Samsung Galaxy, Android, and Apple, but I'm pretty sure they'd go by different names. XD

Yes, but Poketch can't call anything. I would assume that if anyone has traveled to any of the regions, they would have any of the other communication devices, with Pokegear being the most common.

Thank you guys for keeping the RP alive. I've had such an unforeseen busy weekend so I haven't been able to write. I'll make sure to write a lenghty post and stay up-to-date.

As for @Sentorus67 's question, it depends on the region where your OC is from. Kanto and Johto are indeed the PokéGear. Hoenn trainers use the DexNav. Contrary to what @Merciless Medic is saying, which I should've addressed earlier, the Pokétch has had a few upgrades over the alst three eyars and now serves as a communication system in the Sinnoh region as well. Hope that clears confusion. :)

Ahh, forgot this was three years later XD whoopie. And forgot the DexNav existed too XD m'bad. Although, I'm pretty sure phones that we have in the real world are still in the Pokemon world, just slightly different, of course.

I'd like to join this RP if possible. If it's too late, no problem, but I'll put this here just in case.

Name: Leon Wisteria
Appearance: Vaguely greenish eyes and sandy hair, Leon is about 6 feet tall and wears a Driftveil City sweatshirt - a gift from his father before Leon left. His hair is perpetually uncared for, and he carries his stuff around in a backpack that is falling apart, though he refuses to admit it.
Hometown: Castelia City, Unova
Backstory: After starting out in Unova with his starter Pokemon, a Minccino, Leon wasn't able to get much of anything accomplished, aside from catching a Magikarp, which he is still struggling to evolve. Eventually, he decided to try a different region, and was able to win enough money from battling to afford a spot in a cargo hold on a boat to Sinnoh. There, he hopes that he can start anew and actually win some badges.
Personality: Leon is a forgetful sort, and so is not always capable of battling at full capacity. On top of that, he's usually pretty tired, as he stays awake late at night worrying that he won't amount to much. However, he is a generally nice guy, and can be helpful in a pinch.
Other: ... Turquoise? Also, Leon's father is a professional trainer as well, currently trying to make headway in Driftveil's PWT.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Pokémon

Species:
Minccino
Nickname: Juan
Moves: Pound, Double Slap, Tickle, Helping Hand, Swift, Double Team (learned via a TM that Leon found lying in the trash after the announcement that it had just been banned in many battle facilities)
Connection: Juan was Leon's starter Pokemon and was caught by his father for his 15th birthday. The two have been inseparable ever since, even when Leon hasn't exactly been the best trainer.
Personality: Very neat, like most Mincinno (Leon's hair drives him crazy), but calm most of the time, as well as patient and forgiving of Leon's many mistakes.

Species:
Magikarp
Nickname: Henry (don't ask. Leon doesn't know why either)
Moves: Splash, Tackle (very badly)
Connection: Henry joined Leon's team one day as the latter was fishing, determined to catch a new Pokemon. After a fruitless day, with nothing biting, what must have been the largest Magikarp in the pond decided to try to steal Leon's fishing rod. Leon however, fueled by desperation, fought back. For almost an hour, the two struggled back and forth, neither side gaining any ground. Eventually, however, Leon got fed up and chucked a Pokeball at the thing, successfully catching it. He is fond of telling this story, embellishing it as he goes.
Personality: Henry doesn't really have much of a personality most of the time, karping mindlessly. However, he is a fierce, if incompetent, battler, fighting to his last and achieving almost nothing. In a way, Henry is similar to Leon in the getting-things-done department.

I'd like to join this RP if possible. If it's too late, no problem, but I'll put this here just in case.

Name: Leon Wisteria
Appearance: Vaguely greenish eyes and sandy hair, Leon is about 6 feet tall and wears a Driftveil City sweatshirt - a gift from his father before Leon left. His hair is perpetually uncared for, and he carries his stuff around in a backpack that is falling apart, though he refuses to admit it.
Hometown: Castelia City, Unova
Backstory: After starting out in Unova with his starter Pokemon, a Minccino, Leon wasn't able to get much of anything accomplished, aside from catching a Magikarp, which he is still struggling to evolve. Eventually, he decided to try a different region, and was able to win enough money from battling to afford a spot in a cargo hold on a boat to Sinnoh. There, he hopes that he can start anew and actually win some badges.
Personality: Leon is a forgetful sort, and so is not always capable of battling at full capacity. On top of that, he's usually pretty tired, as he stays awake late at night worrying that he won't amount to much. However, he is a generally nice guy, and can be helpful in a pinch.
Other: ... Turquoise? Also, Leon's father is a professional trainer as well, currently trying to make headway in Driftveil's PWT.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Pokémon

Species:
Minccino
Nickname: Juan
Moves: Pound, Double Slap, Tickle, Helping Hand, Swift, Double Team (learned via a TM that Leon found lying in the trash after the announcement that it had just been banned in many battle facilities)
Connection: Juan was Leon's starter Pokemon and was caught by his father for his 15th birthday. The two have been inseparable ever since, even when Leon hasn't exactly been the best trainer.
Personality: Very neat, like most Mincinno (Leon's hair drives him crazy), but calm most of the time, as well as patient and forgiving of Leon's many mistakes.

Species:
Magikarp
Nickname: Henry (don't ask. Leon doesn't know why either)
Moves: Splash, Tackle (very badly)
Connection: Henry joined Leon's team one day as the latter was fishing, determined to catch a new Pokemon. After a fruitless day, with nothing biting, what must have been the largest Magikarp in the pond decided to try to steal Leon's fishing rod. Leon however, fueled by desperation, fought back. For almost an hour, the two struggled back and forth, neither side gaining any ground. Eventually, however, Leon got fed up and chucked a Pokeball at the thing, successfully catching it. He is fond of telling this story, embellishing it as he goes.
Personality: Henry doesn't really have much of a personality most of the time, karping mindlessly. However, he is a fierce, if incompetent, battler, fighting to his last and achieving almost nothing. In a way, Henry is similar to Leon in the getting-things-done department.
Your character is accepted! Feel free to join the RP whenever you're ready!^^

Has my character been accepted, or do I need to change something?
I'm sorry for the late reply, I've been having a busy schedule over the past few days. You are also accepted.