• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sinnoh Region RP : New Arrivals *Sequel For Alola Region RP : A Journey CONTINUES*

Sylvia flinched. She was afraid of the kind of damage a battle like this could cause on the area around them. And the people or Pokemon. She watched carefully, eyes full of fear, but also full of wonder. A world like this was astounding. Would Sylvia ever be able to compete with this kind of professional battling? They were tossing around combinations with moves left and right. She knew moves could be combined, but it took incredible creative thinking and skill to truly pull off. Mostly, Sylvia remembered her little sister using move combinations in Contests and as a Gym Leader, but she wasn't quite sure how Alex had managed to pull it off.

Sceptile used Frenzy Plant midair to reduce the damage from impact. Sceptile was weak, but so was Decidueye. Elijah had to think of something quick or else he was going to lose. "Sceptile use Frenzy Plant!" Elijah yelled, He had a plan. When Sceptile and him were in sync they could sometimes read each other's thoughts. Scpetile hopped from Plant to Plant and magaed to jump high in the air. Sceptile used Dragon Claw and charged down and Decidueye at high speed crashing into each other. Dust covered the battle field and Elijah couldn't see the outcome of the battle. Was it over?

Sylvia had a strange feeling. The Pokemon were enjoying this, but she wasn't sure who would win. It could be a tie, she thought.

Would these two battle frequently over the journey? She didn't know, but she hoped that they wouldn't quite be so destructive.

Please, at least let the Pokemon be happy even after the battle. Sylvia hoped for their safety, even though she knew that for the most part, they couldn't overdo the battle. At least, most Trainers didn't, even with all their unlocked power.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Lao was on all fours, in pain. He got up, even if his bones were making clinking noises. Both seemed to be at 1 HP. Lao and Decidueye nodded to each other. Lao had a green aura around him. Decidueye then ran to Sceptile and Sucker Punched him to the ground. Decidueye flew up with Sceptile and dropped him down while using Night Slash. Sceptile....had fainted. Lao healed Decidueye with a Full Potion. Decidueye was at full health, and Lao felt much better, "Nice job, Elijah." Said Lao calmly.

"Thanks, but I still need to work on my battling." Elijah walked over to the Pokémon Center and sent Sceptile back to Kanto with Professor Oak. He retrieved another Pokémon in return. He walked back outside with the group. He transferred his Alolan Team for his past Sinnoh Team. He couldn't wait to show everyone else.

Daniel saw Luna. "Will you answer my question yet?" He asked. She was a tough one. Anyway, it was nearly night, he didn't need her help!
Daniel rushed off, bought some stuff and got back. Night. "Lao! Come with me!" He said excitedly. He blindfolded Lao and walking him to the hotel. At the moment they came in, everyone went "SURPRISE!"
"I thought you'd want to look around whilst I get the gang. He walked back to them. "GUYS! Come on! The party has started!"

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
As Lao was blindfolded and saw everyone, he was filled with joy, "Thanks, guys! Didn't know that you guys knew it was my birthday, today!" He said calmly as he rubbed his head calmly, then looked around at everyone. It looked like Daniel really worked his face off, judging by the awesome decorations and everything. Lao smiled.

Daniel came back with the others. He smiled and said, "don't worry, big brother, I won't be this nice everyday. I still hate you." He meant it as a brotherly thing, he didn't actually hate Lao. Indicating everyone to come to the table, a cake was there, with an edible topping of Decidueye.

Sylvia gasped, looking around. "Wow, so that's what that battle was!" she exclaimed, beaming. "This is so cool! You should've asked me to help you!" she exclaimed. She realized that she should've gotten a Pokemon long ago. She had counted on the fact that she'd get a Pokemon today, then sleep in the Pokemon Center. Trainers got to stay at the Pokemon Center for free and Sylvia had no money. Her mother couldn't afford to give her any except the normal 3,000, which wasn't much, really. Staying at a Pokemon Center would mean that Sylvia had to pay 2,500, and she still needed money to buy Poke Balls and Potions, so she couldn't afford to stay the night at the Center.

She quickly saddened, realizing her situation.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Lao looked at Sylvia. He then had an idea, "Hey, Sylvia! In the morning, you can sleep with us in this hotel. Once you get your Pokémon, and defeat some trainers, they'll give you HEAPS of Pokedollars." Lao reassured her calmly, "So, how about it?" Asked Lao curiously with reassuring eyes.

Sylvia glanced up at him, blushing shyly. "Y-you sure? I-I mean, h-how'd you know?!" she squeaked, suddenly growing bashful. She hated to be a both to anyone, but she never really said anything aloud...

...until she realized she had muttered everything just now under her breath.

"I actually said all that, didn't I...?" Sylvia muttered, face reddening with embarrassment. She thought this warm feeling on her face was just her face trying to stay warm during the cold! She didn't understand that she was currently blushing.

Poor sheltered cinnamon roll child...

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Lao just ignored what she muttered under her breath, "Well, I know, because I literally battle people all the time, being the Alola Region champion." He said calmly to her, "Just trust me, okay?" He winked playfully at her, "I know what I'm saying." He said with honest, confident hazel eyes.

Sylvia's blush never went away. She nodded bashfully, her face still obscured by her mountain of clothing. "U-um... I don't know what to do with this..." she muttered to herself, half-hoping Lao heard her and half-hoping he didn't. She walked toward a wall, setting down her backpack and clothing before taking out a sketchbook and ripping out a page. She had drawn the three starters, but she knew exactly which Pokemon she wanted to choose. She decided to give the drawing as a birthday present, since she had nothing better on her.

"Don't worry about it Sylvia, we can cover you for the night, we have plenty of spare cash to provide." Elijah smiled. Elijah got so caught up in the battle and everything, he forgot to give Lao his present. "I almost forgot, Lao." Elijah handed him a box which held a set of necklaces that all matched except for the first letter of each of their names. L for Lao, D for Daniel, L for Luna, S for Sylvia, and E for Elijah. He they wpuld like it.

Last edited:
"I'm sorry I couldn't help you, Daniel." Luna said. "Anyways, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAO!!!!!" she yelled. She turned to Sylvia. "I agree with Lao. You should sleep with us tonight." Luna said. She began to sing under her breath. "Oh, wait. Did you hear that?" she asked Sylvia.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Thanks, everyone!" He thanked everyone with a smile on his face. He turned back to Sylvia, "That mountain of clothes you got. We'll take care of it in the morning." He said calmly, as he took the clothes from her and put them on a couch, trying not to make them fall. Thankfully, they didn't fall.

Sylvia blushed, embarrassed that everyone was being so nice to her but she had nothing to give or do in return. When she got her "S" necklace, she blinked, confused. "When'd you have time to get me one?! We only met this morning!" she exclaimed.

When Lao took care of Sylvia's clothes, she sighed, wishing there was something she could do in return aside from giving him some lousy drawing.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Lao looked at Sylvia, who looked like she was feeling guilty, "Hey, don't worry. I don't care what the presents are, I just want my friends to be happy." He said calmly with a smile at everyone. Yes, he now considered Sylvia as his friend.

Sylvia blinked. "How do you keep reading my mind?!" she exclaimed, blushing. "I-I'm sorry! J-jeez, I feel like such a dork..." She felt embarrassed now, knowing that Lao seemed to consider her a friend, but she couldn't deny that it felt good to make friends so soon.

Adam witnessed everything from a distance. Lao's Decidueye, Battle Bond, and his battle against Daniel. It was amazing that he could become this strong some day. "Hey, you two, watch this battle, okay?" he asked. His Poke'Mon nodded and watched. Tyrogue sat on the bench his master was sitting on while Chimchar was hinging from Adam's neck. "Well, Chimchar is a bit wired, huh?" he affectionately joked as Adam scratched the Fire-Type's head.
After the battle and the whole ordeal in which Adam had no idea what went on, he spoke up. "Um... guys, where are we going and what are we doing? I've been here with my Pokemon and I have zero clue as to what's going on."

"Oh!" Sylvia exclaimed, gently grabbing Adam by the wrist. "It's Lao's birthday, apparently! We've been celebrating and we'll be spending the night in the Pokemon Center! Tomorrow, I'm going to get my first Pokemon!" Sylvia exclaimed, beaming. She seemed much more confident and less bashful when she knew she could be useful somehow. She led Adam to the others. "C'mon! Come join us!" she exclaimed excitedly.

Adam blushed a bit. "Well, I'll definitely celebrate Lao's birthday! Tyrogue, Chimchar and I want to help as much as we can. I hope I'm useful somehow," he said. He returned Chimchar and walked toward the others. "Alright, Sylvia just got me in on the plan, and I want to know how I could be useful, okay?" he asked. He thought of ways he could help, such as decorations, cake, and of course, refreshments. "Wait, before you answer, how big is this exactly?"

Sylvia gave Adam an apologetic smile. "Er, sorry, Adam, but the party's already under way!" She led him further. "C'mon!" she exclaimed, giggling excitedly. "I don't have much, but I can draw something for everyone!" she said, grinning wide. "Is there anything or anyone in particular you want me to draw?" she asked.

Luna noticed Sylvia approaching with a boy. "Must be one of her friends." She muttered. Luna realized something. She had no present for Lao! She quickly grabbed some clay from her craft bag and began to sculpt. Once it was done and painted, she approached Lao. "Here's my present." she said shyly. She handed him a sculpture of his Battle Bond Decidueye.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Aw, thanks, Luna! That means so much!" He said as he smiled at Luna calmly. He was really enjoying this day so far, "Alright, guys. Who's ready to PARTY?!" He said as he ran to a radio and played 'One Punch Bewear' (Pokémon themed One Punch Man) Lao began dancing as did everybody else. Lao was enjoying his time.

Sylvia gasped. "This music is awesome! My sister loves this show!" she exclaimed, starting to dance. She wasn't the best, but since she was 4'10" and she acted like a child, she looked cute anyway.

Elijah danced for a good bit before he walked outside for a second staring into the Sinnoh skies. He began thinking back to his Sinnoh journey with Ray, Swift, and another friend of his, Leah. They had an amazing time in Sinnoh, probably his favorite adventure, other than Alola of course. He had a hard time believing that the gyms got reworked, but it was true. Things were changing, and fast. He remembered his friend Leah stayed in Sinnoh to compete in the Grand Festival, after Elijah had lost in the Semifinals of the Sinnoh League. Maybe he would give it a shot.

There was music, and Adam was dancing. He was living it up at Lao's party. He grabbed a water bottle and called a few people over, then he flipped it. It had landed on its cap! Adam cheered, and Tyrouge along with Chimchar came out of their balls, dancing to the beat. He saw Elijah walk out, and Adam followed. It was quiet out here, without the loud music and noise of everything. It had occurred to Adam that Elijah seemed concerned, so he had asked to him, "Hey, Elijah? You look, concerned, so I was wondering if something was up?" Tyrouge and Chimchar were running around, playing chase and having a good acquaintance game.

Last edited:
Sylvia cheered when Adam flipped the bottle (still unsure of why this was such a big thing, but it was pretty impressive that he manipulated the bottle to land in a physically unlikely stance), but when she noticed him leave, she stopped dancing and frowned. She badly wanted to join them and see if something was the matter, but she knew that it wasn't her business and that Adam could help Elijah solve whatever was going on.

"Oh me? Nah, I'm fine. I'm just thinking back to my previous journey in Sinnoh." Elijah responded. He starred out into the sky once again recollecting about his earlier travels. He had so many memories and thought about them too often. It was time to make new ones. "Let's go in and enjoy the party" He turned and walked back inside and continued dancing.

"Right," Adma said, going back inside. The party was going strong, and he wanted to meet and talk with Lao himself. He approached Lao calmly and started the conversation. "So you must be Lao, huh? My name's Adam, and this is my partner, Tyrogue," he said, letting it out of its ball.
"TY!" It cried.
"Anyway, I know you're the birthday dude, so I wanted to say congrats. I hope we become better pals in the future," he said, extending a fist, hoping Lao would know what to do. "Don't leave me hanging," he said. Tyrogue jumped an pumped Adam's fist, which made the boy chuckle.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Lao fist bumped Adam, "Nice, this is my partner, Decidueye." Said Decidueye as he came in and waved to them while eating an edible Decidueye cookie. Lao chuckled at the sight of Decidueye.

"Must be pretty strong, Decidueye," Adam commented. "I can't wait until my Pokemon become that strong! That's a long time from now, but I know I can do it!" He heard a noise from his belly and immediately grabbed a handful of sweets, stuffing them up his face. He walked back to Lao and asked, "How bad is the icing on my face, man?"

OOC: @Ziru you can auto this part because it's up to you how bad Adam's face is.

Luna had been dancing for a while, and decided to go outside. It was peaceful out there. She looked at the stars, thinking about her future. She had no plans, she just wanted adventure. She began to hum a little tune. The stars twinkled, and Luna thought about her next day. The day her journey in Sinnoh truly began. It was getting late, and Luna fell asleep.

Sylvia was tired, but although she was now friends and sociable with this group of people, she went outside and saw everyone together and veered the other way, moving far from them and reflecting to herself what was about to happen.

She knew that one day, she'd look up at the stars with her Pokemon after she's achieved what she wanted to and look back on this day, the day before she received her first Pokemon ever. The day she's met all of her friends.

She hoped that nothing bad would happen. And she hoped that when she chose her Pokemon, like in Alolan tradition as she studied back home, that her Pokemon chose her too. She wished she would become great friends with her Pokemon and find her purpose in the world.

After all, her siblings already have... She sighed sadly. How did they already decide what they wanted to be so fast? She just couldn't decide! Sighing, Sylvia curled up in the grass. She didn't quite care that the grass tickled her nose or skin, or that the air was cold on her skin (it was definitely warmer than what she was used to). She closed her heavy eyes, hoping tomorrow would come soon.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Lao slowly went inside and slept on his bed. It had been a long day for him and he had to rest. Lao smiled while he was sleeping. Today, was definitely an enjoyable day, but for now, he had to rest...

Sylvia fell asleep on the ground, completely forgetting that she should've gone inside and went to a room with an actual bed beforehand. She laid out there, resting peacefully.

Daniel was walking around, until he saw Luna and Sylvia on the ground. He nodded to Shinx, who went underneath Luna and carried her with its strong head. They took Luna into a room, put the keys on her side table, and her belongings neatly on the floor.

They did the same process with Sylvia. Soon after, Daniel picked a spot on the ground and stared at the stars. He smiled. Feeling something vibrating in his bag, Daniel looked inside it. The egg had hatched! Out came a Piplup, who nuzzled Daniel. He scratched behind its ears. The Piplup fell asleep on its owner's lap. Daniel returned it and walked off into the distance...

Everyone was pretty tired, it had seemed. Luna, Sylvia, Lao and Daniel had gone to bed already. Adam followed and went into the room with Lao and Daniel. He picked a window-side bed and looked out of it. He let Tyrogue and Chimchar out, careful not to wake anyone up.
"chim-char!" Chimchar yawned softly, laying under Adam's shoulder.
"ty-rogue-ty!" Tyrogue said, snuggling on Adam's stomach. "Ty....Rooogue," it snored repeatedly.
Tomorrow, Sylvia gets a Pokemon. I have a few, and everyone else has one as well. I hope Sylvia picks the right one for her... he thought, drifting off to sleep.

The next morning, Luna woke up excited. "Today is my first day on my Sinnoh journey!" she yelled. She remembered something. Something important to Sylvia. Luna went over to Sylvia, leaned down to her ear, and yelled "WAKE UP! TODAY, YOU GET YOUR FIRST POKÉMON!".