• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sinnoh Nuzlocke RP

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
@Shen: Ghost Gym Leader @Lightless @LittleGreenBean @gamora @C65 @Mr.Glaceon @SoulDemon @Top_Smug_ @fasttypingyay @Mockingchu
Discussion: https://pokecharms.com/threads/sinnoh-nuzlocke-discussion.19268
-----------

Ezekiel woke up and grinned. Today he would begin his journey in the region. Sure the risk was large at becoming a trainer, but in order to become the greatest knight of all time he would be willing to risk the chance of losing his Trainer's License. Besides, there were always other jobs.

He got ready to go quickly and went to his Pokemon, Honedge, sleeping inside his scabbard. Zeke tapped it gently, and the ghost Pokemon quickly woke up and got to his regular form. "It's time to become the greatest knight of all time! Let's go my blade!" he said in a heroic way, even though it was completely nerdy. He grabbed the Pokemon by its handle, and he felt chills go through him. Just like every time he tried to grab it and use him as a sword.

Ezekiel let Honedge float around instead as it likes to, before confining it to its Pokeball.

My spooky blade will help me clear the path to victory! But first I must let it rest.

And with that, Zeke went on to leave his house.

Last edited:

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
“On this eve of hollows and horrors, the blazing sun being a sign of the ferocity to come. The dreams and hopes of the people in this town will shine bright this day to rival it. There will be blood, anguish, and pain....but perhaps joy, love, and comradery as well?”

“Sabe?”

“Admist the shadows of the foreign town, ONE stands out. This man: the shadow tamer. Away from his hometown of heart home, Shen, bears the mark of responsibility: to tame the undead and soothe the spirits of beyond!”

“Sabe...”

“With his trusted partner from his childhood, This tamer of the dark arts will stride across the land. This day, the adventure...no...the LEGEND begins!”

“SAAAABEEE!”

Sableye shook the ghost tamer by his shoulders, interrupting his monologue. The ghost trainer lost balance, his noble stance on his bed turned into a jumbled mess of a fall. Sableye flinched as this happened, but quickly turned it into a fit of maniacal laughter, watching as Shen blew some air, his scarf blown out of his face.

“Very funny...”

“Sabel eye eye!”

“Okay, it was pretty good though!” Shen said grinning much like his partner. “And the schemes and pranks will go on the rise as well!”

Orpheus a name passed down through legend. That was what was in Luke's mind as he awoke on his way to a place called Twinleaf town. Luke looked to his father and said "Father this Sinnoh place I have heard it was reformed from the last time you completed you adventure here." His father nodded "Yes Luke that is correct a new government has taken over it is disgusting." Luke grinned and when the boat stopped his father had one of his Pokémon surf Luke to the bank of Twinleaf and said to him, "Goodbye Luke I know you can win." With that Luke's father returned to his boat and Luke looked around a few pokeballs in his bag. "Where is this professor with my starter." Luke exclaimed.

Esther was too excited to sleep the previous night before. It was rare for her to get this excited. It was the day she got to go on a journey with a few people. Her Kricketot, Apollo, had just woken up. It was probably 7:00 AM in the morning, and so Esther got on her clothes and put her detective outfit over it. She returned Apollo to it Pokéball. Being a detective was her dream, and she wasn’t gonna let this opportunity slip. She loaded her bag with a few things, like some Potions her mother had given her, a detective glass, and some spare clothes. Sleep deprived, she headed outside. It appeared some boys had just gotten out there as well, even though she wasn’t a boy. She was a girl. And Esther was ready to tackle this journey.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker rose from his bed and groggily rubbed his eyes. It took him a second before he remembered what today was, but once he did he was racing to get his things and get going. He threw on his clothes, and his black cloak over it. His bag slung over his back held the things he would be needing for his journey. Clothes, snacks, first aid, Potions, and a few Pokeballs... Speaking of Pokeballs, he grabbed the black one on his drawer and ran his hand over it.

No way I could forget you!

He rushed down the stairs and seemingly inhaled his breakfast, eggs and bacon, before bursting open the door and leaping out of his house. He didn't want to make anybody wait for him, he hated inconveniencing people.

"Bye mom, I'll visit you whenever I can."

With his departure, Parker felt as though he was stepping closer to adulthood. He was older than most kids in town, surprisingly.

Better get going though, don't wanna hold up the others who are supposed to be going.

He bound forward through the small town. The grass was a vibrant green and the air was crisp, the best kind of morning. He once again reached for the black Pokeball that was now on his waist. He gripped his fingers around it, feeling the comfortable sensation he got when with his partner Pokemon.

"The world of darkness revolves around me, I am one with the shadows. The pain I've experienced has filled me with unimaginable power! I summon thee, servant of darkness! Lend me your strength and we shall conquer!"

Parker released the Pokeball from his hands, and in a flash of red light a figure materialized.

"Hey King, let's get going okay? Don't wanna keep the others waiting, they're probably all there by now!"

The Pawniard nodded, and ran forward towards the lake with Parker right beside him.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Micheal despondently woke up, and unlike other mornings, actually bothered to brush his teeth and indulge in hygiene. Ever since his parents died, he, like every other human, went through the five DABDA stages of grief, although he never reached acceptance, which is why he never made himself much of a social butterfly to avoid feeling the heartbreak of losing someone. He also avoided showing love to his own family, he isolated himself on an island built on guilt and past memories. However, that was then, and this was now, and now, Micheal ran past his uncle and aunt, not even bothering to acknowledge their presence. Once free of his confinement in his humble abode, Micheal decided to stop by Lake Verity as per usual of his routine whenever he went outside. The beauty of nature is strong enough to make him think life is not as bad as it usually is, or at least distracts him for the crappiness that is life.

Arriving at Route 201, Esther examined the route. It was a path in a forest area, and that was that. No suspicious and hidden natural grottos Esther could hide inside. It kind of sucked... especially because she really liked reading in there. Some of the trees were dead around the place, here and there, but not everywhere. Esther then decided in her mind that she would call upon her trusty Kricketot she had named after a Greek god.

As she opened her Pokéball by throwing it, a flash of light blue light appeared and a figure materialized. Her Kricketot. Esther thought ancient greek mythology was cool, and of such named her Kricketot after one of the olympians in it.
She and her Kricketot stumbled over to Lake Verity, and stood next to Michael. Not that she knew his name. She didn’t her and Michael to be... associated with each other in a romantic way.

Luke walked over to route 201 and examined the route. "So where is this professor." Luke saw a sign directing toward a lake. "Lake Verity." He said to himself aloud and walked over to the lake and saw two people there standing with their Pokémon. One a girl with a kricketot and a boy standing alone. He scoffed and said "That Pokémon will not last long especially with a kricketot being so weak. It won't survive past the first gym battle."
Luke adjusted his jackets collar while he grinned at the pair.
"Have either of you seen anyone who looks like a pokemon professor I was promised a starter Pokémon to start my conquest of the Pokémon league."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Michael stared at Ester for a while, before looking away, wondering if she was trying to talk to him or something. He then turned to Luke to answer his question, just because he was depressed doesn't mean he couldn't have a normal conversation with other people, he just preferred not to.
"Honestly, I didn't even know my reservation day was today. I came here out of habit," Michael flatly told the newcomer, it was odd that this girl, whoever she was, seemed to decide to talk to him, despite not having business here as he saw that she had a Pokemon with her.

Shen strided dramatically to lake verity, his scarf blowing in the wind. His partner, Sableye, rode on his shoulder with his signature impish grin plastered on his face. This was just a formality, but he needed to be polite. He was eager to start his LEGEND into the unknown. Many people had already arrived. A lady with a kricketot, a boy with a jacket, and a few others. Sableye salivated at the sight of them, a certain glow in his eyes.

“Not now Sableye, maybe a bit later.” Shen snapped his fingers. “Timing is everything.”

He flipped his scarf up, as his eyes reflected off of the water that was all around. He looked left and right for this so called ‘professor’

“I’m here, did I miss anything?”

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Zeke sprinted east towards Lake Verity, where he was supposed to meet the Professor. He saw one person go right in front of him and then reached his destination, two people besides the one in front of him seemingly there already. Then all of a sudden he saw a large figure appear behind Michael letting out a grunt.

"My, my. Today you begin your careers as Pokemon trainers and you forgot that I was going to give you a Pokemon?! Hmph. Well by the look of your hair, you must be Michael. Though now I am unsure if you are fit to have the Turtwig you reserved," Professor Rowan said.

Zeke's eyes shifted to the new person, while he looked around the others.

"Well, I'm sure there are more of you coming, but it seems you four are the earliest. Luke! You were on of the reservations, here's your Chimchar," he said while handing one of the trainers a Pokeball.

So the fine lad's name is Luke. And he starts with a Fire-type. Should be interesting, though it's not like I can fight him any time soon. Pokémon battles against random strangers are usually illegal unless the government allows it.

Then there was a new voice and Zeke turned around finding a new trainer with a Sableye.

OOH! Another Ghost-Type Trainer!

Honedge hovered over to Sableye, trying to wave with its blade body. The Professor eyed Shen's entrance.

"Seems as if we have another one," he grumbled loudly. He went over to the table he had set up and sat down at his chair.

"Here are 5 Pokeballs for each of you and a Pokedex. The government legally obliges me to give you these so you may begin your journey. This location was picked based of the amount of newly received Licenses nearby," he explained.

"As for you," Rowan began while pointing at Michael,"You will get your Pokemon, Pokeballs, and Pokedex last for not knowing your reservation was today. The others may form a single-file line and receive their items," he said.

Zeke gulped at Rowan's seriousness and was the first to line up. He got his Pokeballs and Pokedex and bowed.

"Thank you, uh my good sir," he said nervously. The Professor simply responded with a grunt as Zeke left the table.

Esther took a deep breath and looked at the lake. Still a bit sleep deprived and was willing to fall asleep at any moment, she could hear Luke’s criticism and responded with a quiet but stern “shut up” under her breath, without facing the guy. Turning her attention to Michael, she tried to generate ideas for some small talk.

Esther couldn’t think of anything, so she suddenly blurted “Do you like small talk?” out. She was waiting for the professor to hand out the pokédexs already, so she could get into detective mode and start investigating things. Apollo was busy being kind of annoying; making music with his antennae by hitting them together which made the sound of a xylophone. She turned her attention to Rowan, as the man was announcing; and got second in the line up, just taking one thing; a Pokédex. She then returned to Michael, as the boy was gonna get his Pokémon last as stated by the professor.

Shen walked up to the professor, scooping up the tools that he was given, Sableye snatching up the Pokédex and fiddling with it like it was some sort of game. Shen turned to leave when he noticed a trainer with a honedge, just coming from collecting their supplies. Shen stopped in his tracks.

“You there! You have a good taste in friends!” Shen yelled out to Micheal. Shen walked over to honedge and held out his arm like an extension of his body, and put it to the middle of his face and then down like a sword. “Ancient greeting, metal one.”

He had met a honedge before, his aunt fantina had one. They were known to be greatly honor bound, some would say that a soul of a soldier rest within each one.

Last edited:
Luke held his Chimchar's pokeball with honor. "Now due to the regulations they must have nicknames right? I pick Infernus for the nickname it's Latin for Hell's fire." Luke grabbed his poke balls and looked at the pokedex and took it, so he would not have much grief from the professor. "Thanks again professor expect to see me return as champion as I will conquer the Pokémon league and change these putrid ways we live in." Luke grinned and walked out of the route ready to encounter his first Pokémon.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker and King reached the lake minutes after the others had.

"See," He whispered to his partner under his breath. "I told you we were gonna be holding them..."

They moved forward, a newfound confidence in their steps. Parker had wrapped his cloak tighter around his body, and his partner had pulled a cloak over himself as well.

"Children, the future Lord of Shadow is here! Stand aside and maybe you shall be spared when I plunge this world into eternal darkness!"

He sauntered up to Rowan, ushering the others out of the way. King glared at the other Pokemon, clearly believing himself to be better than them.

"I presume you to be Rowan? I appreciate your hospitality and graciously accept your gifts, thank you."

Last edited:
Kimberly Blackborne emerged from her bed like a caterpillar leaving its chrysalis. Kim's eyes were a startling hazel that moved across the room, scanning it for her black mailbag. She scooped it up, tossing it on her shoulder. Kim was pretty excited about starting her journey, so she stayed up all night long out of pure anxiety. Fueled only by black french roast coffee, she was ready for her journey. Her earbuds blasted the latter tracks of a Paramore. She shoved on her glasses and grabbed a granola bar before leaving her house, making sure to be quiet, as her dad had work and she didn't want to wake him. Kim took out a Pokeball and pressed the button. Kim's thin lips spread into a gentle smile. A small, shy looking Sewaddle emerged.

"Ink," Kim whispered, stroking one of its leaves before setting Ink onto her shoulder. Kim was a rather average looking teen, with very pale skin. She stood at 5"0 and had a slender, slightly curvy build. Her hair was a deep crimson color that fell to her shoulders, the style looked similar to that of Ramona Flowers. Kim wore ripped, navy blue skinny jeans, the holes covered by fishnets. She wore a faded 'Zigzagoon Stardust' sweater and some black vans. Her facial features were thin and solemn, carving out a neutral expression.

The sun shot down its rays of warmth, cooled by a slight breeze and occasional clouds. Twinleaf was still slightly snowy, but Spring brought beautiful flowers and showed new beginnings and a feeling of hope with it. Kim plucked a gardenia off a bush, twisting it into her hair while she walked to Lake Verity. "Why do I have to do this...I know it's 'tradition' to meet up with the Professor before you start your journey, but that's a bit stupid," Kim thought out loud, messing with the gardenia some more. To be truthful, she'd rather grab Ink and stay away from other people, but her father insisted on it, due to Rowan giving him his first Pokemon as well. He'd met the dude before, so it's not like he was a total stranger.

Kim went through a clearing, entering the area by Lake Verity. She checked her phone. Kim was about 10 minutes late. Honestly, she was always a good five minutes late to her classes in high school, so it's not like it mattered too much to her. She caught the eye of Rowan and immediately shot finger guns at him. "Hey, dude," Kim called out to Rowan.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker turned on his heels, facing the new addition to the cast of new trainers. His eyes shifted into a dark, truly menacing stare and his jet black hair moved in the wind. The cloak around his body billowed as well, mimicking his hair. The rest of his face turned into a dark hollow grimace, and King copied Parker's stance.

"Excuse me, future Lord of Shadow is currently speaking to good Sir Rowan. If you could please wait in line behind me, that would be magnificent of you."

Parker shook his head and sighed, turning to King.

"Can you believe people like her, just trying to cut in front of me like that?"

King shook his head in disdain, momentarily looking back at the girl. Parker returned his attention to Rowan, adjusting his cloak and preparing to receive his items.

"Now, where were me good sir."

Getting no response out of Michael and also getting annoyed with Apollo’s instrumental noises, Esther walked away. Her question probably wouldn’t have mattered to him. Or maybe it would. Who knew. Turning back to the line forming near Professor Rowan, he saw a guy that was proclaiming he was the “future Lord of Shadow” or something like that. Esther overheard the conversation between him in the Pawniard, and once he turned back to Rowan she asked “Lord of Shadows? Tell me more.”, taking her magnifying glass out of her backpack. With the pair of a trenchcoat, a fedora, and a magnifying glass, she looked like she was in a black and white detective movie. Except the fact that it wasn’t a movie, it was reality. Apollo kept making loud and evident noise, which meant it was time to return it back to it’s pokéball.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker hid his face behind his hand, his eyes still visible from the spaces in between his fingers.

"Muahaha! Mortal, you dare to question me? Fine, I shall reward your bravery! I am a master of the shadow and all things darkness! The current Lord of Shadow has sent me on a very important mission, the details are not important to someone such as yourself! He has promised me that after completion of my task, I shall succeed him as the Lord of Shadow!"

He lowered his hand, placing it softly on King's metallic head. He moved his hand back and forth, clearly pleasing the cloaked Pokemon.

"Isn't that right, faithful servant?"

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Michael didn't mind going last, as long as he got his Turtwig, he was satisfied. He noticed that Ester was trying to talk to him, however, he just ignored her while others were making friends.
"Professor, I can assure you, I am more than capable of raising this Turtwig, I have to be, or else I might just be a lost cause," Michael explained to Professor Rowan without emotion so he didn't sound desperate, meanwhile, he did want to answer Ester's question to see where she was going with it, however, he probably wouldn't get a second chance to make friends out of her.

Holly had been sitting in a tree quite close to Lake Verity while the new trainers recieved their pokemon and pokeballs. She already had hers, as her journey began two days ago. Cloud, her Swablu, sat beside her. "New trainers. Bet they are here for the league. To bad I'm gonna win and change this region for the better." Holly then slid back, basically falling from the tree onto her feet.

Luke was about to step into the grass when he heard a rustling in the trees. "Humph first encounter it better not be weak ok Infernus use scratch on that tree." The chimchar used scratch on the tree Holly was in and nothing happened. "Oh really Infernus do it again." The chimchar did so again and nothing happened. "Maybe it's not a Pokémon maybe another peasant trainer."

Esther patiently listened to Parker’s speech and such. It seemed that he was the heir to the “Lord Of Shadows” and after he finished off the Pokémon League, he would succeed him as the Lord Of Shadows. “I think you’re talking about the league. God, why does everyone just wanna conquer that? I might consider becoming a Contest Coordinator. Anyway, what’s you’re name, oh Master of Mistakes?” asked Esther, adding a hint of salt into her sentences. She didn’t mean them as insults, they were more jokes.

While Esther was socializing with Parker, Apollo was busy wandering around and caught wind of Luke and overheard his commentary, so Apollo growled at him. It wouldn’t do much, but it was worth a shot to see what happened next.

Master of WHAT now?

Shen turned around, Sableye twitch as he did so, to face the ‘master of shadows.’ But that’s practically MY title! I had a long monologue and everything about it.

“Ahem, I think you got mixed up.” He said to Parker. “Lord of shadows and tamer of the underworld are two titles I already possess. An in case you don’t know who I am...”

Sableye took the que, hopping down from his shoulder and striking a pose, crossing his arms right in front of Shen as Shen did the same, his scarf blowing in the wind.

“I am Shen, the shadow tamer, the great excorciser, vessel to the undead!”

“Sabe!”

Luke looks at the Kricketot and sneers. "Back off weakling before I obliterate you In trying to get this peasant out of this tree." The Chimchar smiled at the Kricketot and Luke glared at Esther. "If you really are going to be a Pokémon Coordinator you are in the wrong place you really want to see your Pokemon die. Trainers will want to battle and more than likely that putrid roach will be gone and buried."

“You guys do know I was jo— Ah, fuck it. I’m leaving and going to catch a Pokémon. At this point I’d rather die opposed to my Pokémon dying.” shouted Esther. She already knew that Contest Coordinators were basically the equivalent of circus ringmasters in this world. She just was trying to make a couple jokes and of course nobody got them because they were stupid. Esther knew there were so many things she was going to regret on this journey already. Going to Route 201 and hiding in the trees, Esther took out her phone and opened it up. She clicked on the search browser and it opened up to a site where you could openly role play in and about a lot of topics. She sighed. “Every character I seem to write on this site always seems to get ruined. Maybe they’re too much like me then.” Apollo had gone after her and listened to her speak about it. A Bidoof came out of nowhere and started charging at the two. Apollo defended against it with Struggle Bug, and Esther attempted to throw a Pokéball at it. It was caught. “Well, now I have two Pokémon at least,” muttered Esther.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker took another menacingly aggressive stance as this so called "Shen" claimed Parker's title for himself.

"No it appears to be you who is confused. You see, I am the future Lord of Shadow! The current lord has promised me his position! I won't let you be taking that title from me!"

He grabbed his things from Rowan, bowing as he did so.

"Now if you'd excuse us, we must take our leaves. Me and King here have a world to conquer!"

“A world to conquer? It’s not a thing you can claim...” Shen said, closing his eyes and hold a fist. “For I, Shen, master of the undead have goals beyond this plain of reality. To reach into the depths of the darkness and underworld and commune and rule over the spirits of the undead!”

Sableye at this point got bored of talking, and broke into a run toward the grasses along the lakeside. Shen opened his eyes and noticed his partner running off.

“Hey...get back here!”

Holly heard the talk about killing the others pokemon, so she sent Cloud down. "Peck a downstroke." She said quietly, lettin Cloud do her thing. Holly then brushed herself off before standing back up. "HEY YOU!" She called in a loud voice. "I was looking for a pokemon before your little monkey knocked me from the tree!" She lied of course, as she didn't want them to know she was watching them. Cloud then flew down, going inches from Infernus. Holly gave a slight whistle for Cloud to come back. "You mind?"

Luke groaned in annoyance and said "How many other peasant trainers are there whatever I'm going to go train and defeat Oreburgh city's gym." Luke glared at Holly and the other group of trainers before storming off. "Infernus come." The chimchar looked at its trainer and followed.

Last edited:

“Sableye what did you get into over here-“

Shen was caught alarmed as Sableye was there amongst the grass, eating a berry like pokemon. His sharp teeth kept gnawing on the pink grass type: a cherubi. She looked left and right really quick before yelling at his friend.

“Skeeeeeeee!”

“Sableye! Stop it!”

Sableye stopped, looking to his trainer, before growling and biting down harder with the berry Pokémon in his mouth. Shen, in order to save the poor Pokémon, threw a pokeball at it, hitting its leg, absorbing it into the ball. He let out a sigh of relief as it clicked, probably out of fear of the sharp teethed Imp. Sableye licked his lips and Shen face palmed.

“Really bud? You don’t eat others!”

“Sab leye~” Sableye said without regret, licking the remainder juice off his mouth

Luke finally made it through route 201 and his chimchar had just learned ember. "Perfect now we just have to evolve you before our first gym battle and it should be an easy victory. Luke stopped at the poke center and heals Infernus and headed out and looked at the beach at Sandgem town for a moment and headed into route 202. "Hmm this route has some pretty strong Pokémon hopefully something good appears." A wild kricketot attacked and Luke looked at it. "Really a weak bug type well whatever I might as well have it as a backup in case one of my stronger Pokémon need to heal." Luke threw a pokeball and caught the kricketot. "Well I shall name it Otto Tune." Luke continued on through the route.

Holly shrugged as the other guy ran off away. "He has one mindset and no other one. He's gonna be the guy to let one of his pokemons die to save another one." She said to Cloud. Its horrible to know there are people out there who would let one die so their favorite can live on. They have a name for the unwanted pokemon. Death botters. She hates how people use pokemon, living creatures, as if they were a revive. "Let's go. We have an encounter here."

Her encounter was a Yungoose, which jumped onto Cloud as they were leaving the Lakefront. "Ok, sling it off, Cloud!" She called out as her Swablu did a barrel roll and knocked it down. Holly then took a pokeball from a pouch under her shirt, which covered most of her body. The throw was off centred, with a slight right spin to it, hitting the normal type on its right side. The ball captured it, shaking and taking it without a struggle. 'That Yungoose must like Cloud a lot.' Holly thought as she looked at the ball. "And I'm gonna call you Face, after this cute guy from the T.V. show, C-Team."