• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sinnoh Nuzlocke Discussion (Reboot)

30 years ago, and after the defeat of Cynthia at the Pokémon league, the challenger declined the role of champion and went off to other regions. Meanwhile there were still questions about who the new champion would be, so Cynthia remained champion. Then 10 years ago a new challenger appeared, and was unlike any trainer that had ever been in Sinnoh before. This trainer defeated the Pokémon League and Cynthia without a single Pokémon fainting. This trainer claimed his role as the new champion and reformed the battle system with a new government system. Trainer battles were considered illegal with the exception of gym challenges and tournaments. In addition the new champion made it so that trainers could only catch the first Pokémon they find in each route. Finally the most brutal of all the rules to be instated, all Pokémon do not fight until they faint they fight to the death. If a Pokemon fainted, it died. The new champion used these rules personally for the Pokémon league challenge and instated them to keep the government system in power. Some trainers have challenged and revolted against his ways, but he defeated them all and any trainer who wished to challenge the champion personally, had to endure all 8 gym battles and all 4 elite four battles. The new ways of Sinnoh included theme Pokémon themes such as the Thunderstorm theme which includes water and electric Pokémon.
Rules
Follow basic Pokecharms rules to keep the roleplay alive.
I will role everyone's encounters and someone will role my encounter.
Please be reasonable with Pokémon deaths. I encourage some lucky survival battles, but please keep it limited it is a nuzlocke after all.
Don't really battle other ocs as this would ruin the nuzlocke challenge and you are basically killing off a character.
Give some nicknames to the Pokémon you catch you don't have to abide by calling them the nickname just give a nickname to the Pokémon.
Please have some nuzlocke experience before joining if you don't just look it up and ask me if you have any questions.
Limit gift pokemon/fossils to no more than 2.

Character posting
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory (Optional)

Starters
Chimchar (Taken by C65)
Turtwig (Taken by Jagson)
Piplup (Taken by BulbasaurFan)
Mareep (Taken by Nebulix)
Togepi (Taken by Souldemon)

Last edited:
Name: Luke Orpheus
Appearsnce: Blonde spiky hair that he uses gel for. He has cruel icy blue eyes and a short nose. He wears a dark blue and black jacket with some matching shorts and blue nike running shoes.
Backstory: He has always wanted to prove himself since his family have done many adventures and challenges in different regions and wants to become the greatest champion. He is willing to do whatever it takes to win even at the sacrifice of some of his Pokémon. He is prideful and arrogant and looks down upon fellow trainers that are not really important.

Name: John Mathews
Apperance: Short red hair almost orange hair, He has Hazel eyes with a long nose, He wears a grey T shirt and slacks he wears black Van skate shoes
Age 17
Backstory: John grew up on the streets after his mother died from a sickness. From there he met many people who helped him and guided him down the right path. He sees the destructiveness of sinnoh and chooses to rebel against the champion in order to one day change the rules. No matter what hard choices he might face he always respects his opponents and most of all loves his Pokemon.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
NAME: Ezekiel Ethereal
APPEARANCE: Gray leather jacket with white undershirt; platinum blond short hair; gray gloves and pants and shoes; silver eyes; a black cape
BACK STORY:* His parents were nerds, and passed down the trait to him. He grew to very much like Medieval Times in particular, reasoning for his cape. He had always wanted to be a trainer, he called it "becoming the best knight of all time." Recently he has been notified that he's able to get a Start Pokemon and agreed to take on the journey enthusiastically.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
NAME: Michael Lostar
APPEARANCE: pale, grey eyes, pale blond, almost white hair, basically, an albino
PERSONALITY:* Depressed and anti social, not mean, just not one for social interactipn
BACK STORY:* His parents were murdered, causing his depression, he originally moved in with his uncle and aunt from his dad's side, until he could no longer take their constant arguing and abuse of each other, he then moved to Sinnoh thanks to his grandparents from his mom's side, however, he still hasn't recovered from his depression.

Here are the encounter lists and I have created the roleplay. I also will make more encounter routes later on.
https://pokecharms.com/threads/sinnoh-nuzlocke-roleplay.19312/
Lake Verity:
Psyduck
Bidoof
Starly
Zigzagoon
Yungoos
Oddish
Cherubi
Petilil
Azurill

Route 201:
Starly
Bidoof
Kricketot
Nidoran Female
Nidoran Male
Igglybuff
Audino
Yungoos
Sewaddle

Route 202:
Starla
Shinx
Cottonee
Starly
Kricketot
Buneary
Phantump (night time only)
Pumpkaboo (Night time only)
Fomantis
Seedot

Route 203:
Shinx
Abra
Starly
Bidoof
Budew
Kricketot
Zubat (night time only)
Purrloin
Houndour (night time only)
Lotad

Oreburgh Gate:
Zubat
Psyduck
Geodude
Nosepass
Roggenrola
Dwebble
Alolan Diglett

Route 207:
Zubat
Ponyta
Geodude
Machop
Kricketot
Sandshrew
Petilil
Litleo

Oreburgh Mine:
Zubat
Geodude
Onix
Psyduck
Nosepass
Roggenrola
Dwebble
Sandshrew
Drilbur

Route 204:
Starly
Bidoof
Shinx
Kricketot
Budew
Wurmple
Zubat
Foongus
Cottonee

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
I'm only suggesting, also maybe reopen the RP, cause I think it's unfair if I have two starters and no one else will join if it's private or closed, perhaps make it ask to join then switch it back to Private/Closed. Just a suggestion.

Yeah you choose it and if you can't remember what starter you chose I put it at the top of this thread we just waiting for someone else to join and they will have Piplup

May I join? It's okay if I can't. I am fairly new to this website so I understand if I can't join because you want a more experienced roleplayer

Here is my bio if I can join

Name: Katherine "Kat" Anderson

Appearance:
Kat has long, platinum blonde hair that she wears loose on her back. Her eyes are a sparkling sky blue. Her skin is a fair white and she is slightly shorter than most girls her age, and also fairly skinny. She has faint freckles around her nose and on her shoulder.

Outfit:
Kat wears a simple sky blue hoodie with a ultra ball on the front of it. Underneath, she wears a plain white t-shirt. She pairs that with yellow athletic shorts with dark blue stripes on the side and knee high white socks with plain dark blue converse styled tennis shoes.

Personality:
Bubbly and friendly, Kat is always one to make friends.She is always full of excitement and energy. Kat's super energetic nature may come as annoying to some, so sometimes she will back it down. Kat is an empathic person, who tries hard to help others feel happy. Kat is generally friendly towards others but will act slightly aggressive if someone is mean towards her friends, family, or Pokemon.

Backstory:
Kat never knew her biological parents. They were a couple from Hoenn who had too many children and could not afford to take care of them all. Kat was adopted by an older woman who had a dream to raise adopted children, since she could not have any of her own. The older woman lived in a large house in Sinnoh, given to her by her parents. The older woman adopted Kat and many other children, 10 in total. But she also fostered many children during Kat's childhood. Kat was always the oldest of kids and acted like a big sister to the other children. Her household was never empty, always packed to the brim with other kids. Kat didn't mind this, because she loved to hang out with others and play around. During her childhood, many of the kids that she lived with said they dreamed of being a trainer. Kat wasn't so sure of being a trainer, since she wanted to do what her mother was doing. Eventually, Kat really wanted to be a trainer. Her mother made a rule that all the kids who wanted to be a trainer couldn't start at 10, which most trainers usually start at, but at 13. So now Kat is excited to start her journey and finally become a Pokemon Trainer.

Ok can someone roll route 201 for me please but for Lake Verity here are the encounters for everyone

BulbasaurFan got a Zigzagoon
Jagson got a Petilil
Nebulix got a Starly
SoulDemon got a Psyduck