• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sinnoh League tournament

Zola took the hit to his stomach and knew that it would only be short term damage. He grabbed the wrist of the fist and clenched it hard. "Drain punch drains the energy from anyone I punch and it works especially well when it's super effective.", he said as he pulled the fist away. "Thanks for the power up.", he said before bending the arm the other way.

Zola's head got talked back, which caused him lose his grip on his blocking hand. "I see you're putting that iron head of yours to good use.", he said as he grabbed his own head. But he still continued to twist Vageta's other arm.

(Riley)
Riley looked as he a heavy gust of wind flow from Zola's direction. "That must be a good fight. What do you think Princess?", Riley asked. "I'm worried that Zola might go out of control. I'm going to teleport there right now.", she stated with a serious tone. "Take me with you!", Riley exclaimed running up to her. "Fine. Grab my hand.", Princess said.

Vageta kept his free hand away from Zola as he charged up an Aura sphere. Within a few seconds he released the sphere at Zola's face.

(Sasha)
Sasha was walking around outside the Pokemon league she kept hearing the sound of Pokemon but she could only make out the cry of a lucario "where's that noise coming from?" She said as she looked around the area

"Shit!", was what Zola managed to say before it hit his face. Riley and Princess arrived just in time to see the smoke clear. Once the smoke cleared, Zola was on the ground covering his face with his one free hand. He swiftly got up shaking the arm that blocked the attack in pain. "That was a good one.", Zola stated before seeing Riley and Princess show up. "I yield.", he said not wanting to fight anymore. "If I go all out now, I won't have anything left for the tournament.", Zola stated.

"Come on, let's go back.", Princess said motioning Zola and Vageta to come to her so they could teleport back. "You still mad?", Riley asked jokingly as Zola came closer too him. Zola threw a punch at Riley's face but stopped it short which was enough to make Riley flinch. "Okay then, that answers my question.", he said.

Vageta smiled a little. "Yeah." He said. " I expect to fight you in the tournament... Rival" He said. " Hey Hawk did you get all that."
" Yes sir I did." Hawk said. as he flew down and landed on Vageta's shoulder. " We better get back before Drew get's more worried."
" Alright." Vageta said. as they made their way back to the stadium.

Sasha found the Pokemon fighting it was a lucario and Gallade she saw the end of the battle before a trainer appeared accompanied by a gardivour and teleported them away "well that's not something you see every day" Sasha said to her self while straightening her glasses "well I better head to the league before registrations close" she said before turning to run towards the Pokemon league.
(Kukuro)
Kukuro walked around the lobby of the league admiring the building before running into Mya "oh so sorry about" kukuro said in his gentlemanly voice "it's just so amazing being here at last what do you think" he asked Mya with a smile

"That looked like a good fight.", Riley told Zola once they teleported back. "That whole area was nearly destroyed.", Riley stated. Zola nodded as he saw Vageta arrive back. "Hey David, you still up for that lunch?!", Riley asked.

(Darcy)
Darcys ears perked up when he heared Riley say lunch and he dashed to him "lunch where I'm starving!" He said not realising he was interrupting there conversation

Riley pointed to David when Darcy ran up to him. "He offered us to come get lunch with him. I guess we have to wait till he's ready.", Riley told Darcy.

Aspen laughed. "I think he brought up burgers," She told the Trainer. Blade looked pretty hungry too.
"That sounds pretty good right about now," The Gallade said. Aspen looked at him.
"Hungry?"
"Yep."

"Woohoo burgers just what you need to satisfy an appetite!" Darcy said jumping in the air he then turned to the girl "I don't think we meet I'm Darcy" he said holding out his hand

"Yeah." David said. He walked over to Vageta. " You alright."
"Lucario." Vageta said. David could tell that he had fun. Drew took out Vageta's pokeball and put him back in. "I'll get you to a center when I can." He said.
He looked at the others. " Alright everyone who wants to come fallow me." He said.

"Thanks you two.", Riley said before returning Zola and Princess to their pokeballs. "Chloe, you coming?", Riley asked really wanting to spend some time with her.

(Chloe)
Chloe got up as she dusted off her Dress. "I'm coming." She said as she stood beside Riley. She looked to Steven.
"Of course I'm coming." Steven said.

A young man of 17 years walked up to the registration table. It had taken this youth the better part of the year to collect all the gym badges the Sinnoh league required, but he did it. After 7 years of training for this moment, Reglis knew that he was on the top of his game.

After an annoying wait at registration, Reglis found a small unoccupied area nearby to train. Calling out his team, they started the same drills that they have gone over on numerous occasions recently.

In a couple of hours they were exhausted, even Reglis as he joined in with his team. After returning his team he decided to try the burger place he had past by while looking for a place to train.

Darcy smiled "nice to meet ya aspen, blade" he said calming down then he turned to David "burgers here I come" he exclaimed exitedly following him

David and Sam made their way to the burger joint. David sat down and waited for the others. While he waited his mind wonder back to almost two years ago. Back to when he was known As Drew Leuric. back to when he was a simple trainer with abandonment issues. he remembered it like it was yesterday.
He just finished a battle against an old lady who he lost against. Him, the only person he would of considered a friend, and the old lady went to a burger joint just like this in one of Kanto's big cities. He had a great time that night. It's a shame he barley remembered the night itself. It was one of the first times he felt like he might belong somewhere.

Riley arrived with Chloe at the burger place. There were a few seats at the table with David and Sam so he walked over there. He pulled out a seat for Chloe so she could sit. "Ladies first.", he said with a grin.

Reglis sat at the bar, eating a triple cheeseburger combo meal, when he saw some new arrivals enter and sit down with who he guessed were their friends. He mentally sighed while he drank his cola, the sight of them made Reglis homesick for his old traveling friends back in Kanto. But for now he was content on observing them.

(Chloe)
"What a gentleman." She said as she sat down. She looked at David. There was something off about him. Though she couldn't quite place it. She wondered if he was hiding something. She then looked at Riley. " She was glad that they were both going to participate in the tournament.

Aspen walked in. Blade was with her, but the rest of her Pokemon were in their Pokeballs. She saw the group sitting down and walked over. "Hi," Aspen said, and sat down.

(Steven)
Steven raised his glass to Aspen acknowledging her presents. He drank his soda as he sat back and looked at the scenery.

Riley pushed in Chloe's chair before he took his seat next to her. "Isn't there supposed to be a waiter over here by now to take our orders?", he asked as he looked around. "Or do we have to go up there and tell them?", he said turning to David since he had arrived first.

Reglis noticed that one of the group wanted a waiter. He called over the bar man and alerted him of the situation. The bar man nodded in confirmation, and pointed a waiter towards the group.

David saw the waiter approach them. David was about to think that this place was too busy. He looked and saw a man sitting at the bar. from his point of view he could have saw what was going on. David raised his glass towards the stranger in a sign of Appreciation.
" A yes. I'd like a burger medium rare with lettuce tomato and barbeque sauce on it. I'll have a Lemon ozze ( Sprite) do drink."
" I'll have a garden salad." Sam said. Drew looked over at him. " I don't need much at the moment. with a glass of water to drink.
" I'll have double burger everything on it." Steven said. " With a Cola ( Coke) to drink."
" I'll have a burger with everything except pickles on it." Chloe said. " With a glass of water to drink."

"I'll have the triple double with everything on it as well as a Lemon ozze.", Riley told the waiter. "And you know what, hand me the check for the whole table at the end.", Riley stated. "That's going to be one hefty check. Are you sure about that?", the waiter asked. "Yeah. When you win one of those tournaments, the cash prize is huge. Plus you also get sponsors as well. So I'll be fine.", Riley told the the waiter. "Ah, now I know why I recognized you. You're the winner of the Johto Tournament!", the waiter stated. "Yeah, I'll give you my autograph later. So can you get our food done fast?", Riley asked. "Most definitely!", the waiter exclaimed as he hurried off to put the orders in.

"So... um, anything interesting happened on your journeys in Sinnoh?", Riley asked the table trying to start a conversation.

Darcy ran into the bar exited to finally be able to eat "hey guys sorry I'm late I may or may not have got lost on the way here" Darcy says sitting down at the table and then turns to the waiter "wait what about my order" he said but the waiter was out of ear shot "agh what now I have to wait even longer" Darcy said sinking down into his chair

"Don't worry, I'll get him for you.", Riley told Darcy. He saw the waiter handing some food to a group of people. When he was done, Riley motioned him to come over. "Sorry about this, one of my friends came late, can you take their order?", Riley asked. "Sure.", the waiter said before turning to Darcy to see what he wanted.

Reglis smiled at the man who briefly raised his glass. He turned and paid for his meal, got up, and nodding his head in the general area of the man, walked out of the restaurant in search of a place to stay for the duration of the tournament.

David saw the man node. He then looked back at the every growing group of people. " Well." He said. " Not much to tell about. Me and the duchess participated in a triathlon which nearly tore us apart figuratively speaking. But we pulled through stronger than when we started."

"Nothing much happened for me. I spent the first few months defeating the gym leaders, then spent the rest training up a team to win this tournament.", Riley stated before turning to Chloe. "So, how was your journey around Sinnoh?", he asked gazing into her eyes.

"oh thank you so much" Darcy said with a big smile "can i please get the special and two glasses of MooMoo milk please" darcy asked the waiter before turning to David and Riley and butting into there conversation "well if you want to know something interesting after beating Candice in snowpoint city she took me to the snow point temple where the legendary pokemon reggigigas was supposedly sealed away after exploring the temple for a bit i swore i could hear weird sounds coming from the lower floors so i got out of there as fast as i could" darcy said shivering

(Chloe)
Chloe looked at Darcy. " I really can't top that." She said. " Me and Pula decided to work on being a Coordinator and a trainer. " I lost the grand festival. though I was considered one of the best performers in the contest." She smiled a little bit. " But now that. that's over it's time for me to win this tournament."

Riley stopped Chloe at the last part. "You know I'm still competing, right?", Riley asked as his competitiveness got the better of him. "I don't know if you'll be able to beat me.", Riley stated before realizing what he had said. "Wait, that's not what I meant!", he exclaimed trying to correct his statement. "Um, I just meant that, you know, I-I'm really good and that-that I don't hold back against anyone!", he exclaimed as he tried to correct himself.

Darcy turned to Chloe "heh your not going to win the tournament if I have anything to say about it" Darcy said with a smile then he turned to Riley "and just because you won the johto league doesn't mean that you've already won because I'm gonna take you down!" Darcy said enthusiastically

(Sasha)
Sasha walked up into the main entrance of the league to find that it was empty
"Hello is there anything I can do for you?" Asked the clerk
Sasha was startled from the clerk and took awhile to recover "umm yes I would like to register for the Pokemon tournament tommorow"
"Sure please just give me your trainer card and I'll scan you into the system" the clerk said
Sasha handed over her trainer card and asked "am I the first one here? I thought registrations started ages ago"
The clerk handed Sasha back her trainer card "most of the contestants left to get lunch and find somewhere to stay the night" the clerk said helpfully "but they might be back soon who knows"
Sasha thanked the clerk and walked over to a chair and sat down "so much for trying to figure out the others strategies now" she said to her self

Last edited: