• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Sun/Moon Singles Singles Showdown 2018 - Matchup Thread

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
SS2018.png

Apologies for the delays, but I think I finally have a rig that works again - for now.

Due to the low number of competitors we have this time around, we're going to be playing the game a little differently than usual. It'll be with a formula used in the Gen I tournament we held back in 2016. You will all be put into a league-style setup where they'll face each of the other players once. The two players who get the most wins will then face off in the final round in a best-2-out-of-3 match to determine the champion. In the event that the players in 2nd and 3rd in the league table have the same score, whoever won their battle will be the one to proceed to the finals.

So without further ado, the table:

Rohan Kishibe 3-0
Ruko 2-1
Brendan Savem 1-2
Mr Fishykarp 0-3
...and this round's battles:

Ruko 0 - 3 Rohan Kishibe
Brendan Savem
1 - 0 Mr Fishykarp

ROUND 2

Brendan Savem 0 - 1 Rohan Kishibe
Ruko
5 - 0 Mr Fishykarp

ROUND 3

Rohan Kishibe 3 - 0 Mr Fishykarp
Ruko 4 - 0 Brendan Savem

FINAL

Ruko vs Rohan Kishibe

Deadline for the first round is 14th July. As always, failing to complete your matchups on time without good reason will affect your eligibility to compete in future tournaments - if you're having trouble keeping to the deadline, make sure you let me know so that I can grant a deadline extension.

All battles will take place on Pokemon Showdown, the link to which is below:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/ (Pokémon Showdown! battle simulator)

After completing your matches, remember to post the result here. Both players are required to post the results of each battle for it to be registered. Do NOT post battle replays in this topic; any replays are to be sent to me via private message. Breaking this rule is grounds for disqualification.

I think that's everything, so have at it.

Last edited:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Due to an oversight that has now been amended, Necrozma's new formes have been added to the ban list.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
And with that, Ruko and Rohan Kishibe are our finalists.

Whoever wins this match is the champion. Deadline is, as always with the final battle, as soon as you are able.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
The suspense was killing me.

With that, Ruko is the Singles Showdown 2018 champion.

Congratulations to him and thank you to everyone who competed, there will likely be a break between now and the next tournament for when the Let's Go games arrive. In the meantime, if you have any ideas for tournaments, please post them in the Next Tournament Ideas thread on this board.