• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Singles Dilema- The Special Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have developed my Singles team, but I'm having trouble with my Special Wall. I'm not posting the whole team, because I'd rather see how I can do with making a team by myself.

But anyways, here is my Regice Special Wall:

Regice- Special Wall
Ice Type
Ability: Clear Body Calm/ 252 SDef/ 152 HP/ 104 SAtk
[-o-] ?

- Ice Beam
- Ancientpower
- Charge Beam
- Thunder Wave

I basically just need a good moveset and item, becuase this set is... meh to me. I just want to make sure I'm not doing too bad with my own sets.

-AL

I personally don't see anything wrong with it, except maybe the EV spread. This is my Hail-Team's 'Ice, converted to fit your needs.

Regice@Leftovers
Calm
252 SpA, 200 Def, 52 SpD
-Ice Beam
-Charge Beam
-Ancient Power
-Thunder Wave

With these EVs, you maximize that Special Attack for all you can, whilst bolstering your regular Defense to prevent Close Combat or Fire Punch/Flare Blitz from annihilating you. Only 52 EVs are geared towards SpD: because since it's already monstrously high by itself, Calm will strengthen it some more. Since the Defense is a tiny bit lacking, 200 really helps out.

Charge Beam can boost your SpA, while Ancientpower will(hopefully) boost your stats, helping both the offense and defense. Ice Beam is general STAB, and T-Wave will cripple most Pokes so you have a better chance to murder them; be it witg Regice or not.

EDIT: Alternatively, you can run Hail, enabling Leftovers to aid in playing a Hurt & Heal game with your opponent. If you DO run Hail, switch it with T-wave and replace Ice Beam with Blizzard for some deadly, never-miss 180 base power.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
My "Regihax" is almost identical, except with Rest over AncientPower for extra survival, and all EVs crammed into HP and Defense. Any EVs into Sp.Defense on Regice is overkill with a Calm Nature, since odds are your Sp.Defense will be over 450 anyway without any training, and that's more than enough to get you by.

I'll just merge the two, since Regice shouldn't take too much damage. Unless they switch, but then I just make ends meet. So my new 'Ice's set is...

Regice@Leftovers
Calm
252 SpA, 200 Def, 52 SpD
-Ice Beam
-Charge Beam
-Rest
-Thunder Wave

I probably should've checked out the 'Dex page I was looking at a little more closely next time. Thank you both. :)

-AL

Status
Not open for further replies.