• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Silcoon/Cascoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed in your Pokémon review section that you wondered why there was both a silcoon and a cascoon. I think that if you let wurmple evolve at day it becomes silcoon and at night it becomes cascoon. I'm not overly too sure about this though, but.. ya. Do r/s even have day and night? I don't have it so I wouldn't know. Sorry to be such a pest though. XD

Oh, and I love your site. I've been coming here for a while and I just signed up to the forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
When you catch a Wurmple, it is given a hidden number that will either be 0 or 1. Though I can't remember exactly which way everything goes i'll just take liberties and explain it as if what i'm saying is 100% accurate. :wink:

If your Wurmple has a 0, it'll evolve into a Silcoon, if it has a 1, it'll evolve into Cascoon.

It was highly rumoured a long time ago now that they evolved depending on day or night (and it's a rumour that stuck) but on inspection of the code of the game, it's got nothing to do with time.

And really, there is no true need for both Silcoon and Cascoon, if anything the split should have been from one of those into either Silcoon or Dustox, not from Wurmple. It ended up just being a waste of space, just like Luvdisc.

Status
Not open for further replies.