• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed (Sign Ups) The Kanto Pokemon Trainer Graduate Intake (Pokemon Journey Anime style)

PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE APPLYING FOR RP

"Dear, _________

I hope this email reaches you well. My name is Professor Samuel Oak based in Pallet Town, Kanto. You have been selected amongst an array of other bright Pokemon School graduates across the world to be apart of The Kanto Pokemon Trainer Intake. This entails being given everything you need to start your very own Pokemon journey, such as your very own Pokedex, A letter of acceptance to the Pokemon Indigo League Challenge and your very own starter Pokemon. This is an excellent opportunity for up and coming Pokemon Trainer Prodigies to fulfil the undoubted potentially. With less and less people getting accepted for the Indigo League Challenge, this is without a doubt an opportunity that comes rarely.

Please fill in the questionable attached to this email and please send the filled in questionable back to this address. With the combination of your grades, information from your respective schools and how you fill in your questionnaire. This is how we will decide your Partner Pokemon who you will start your journey with.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Sincerely,

- Professor S Oak"

Hi, with this RP I'm hoping to achieve an experience where we can create a great adventure and have a great experience during these trying times.

When creating your OC I would like you to be creative with your trainer and focus a lot on character and development when it comes to this RP rather than blindly running through each route with minimal happening. I would like you to add a lot of character to your Pokemon you catch as well and make them quite unique, DO NOT MAKE THEM SHINY. No one is going to be the best from when they start their journeys and not everything goes their way throughout it either, so I encourage conflict and hardship to OC's throughout their journey, to really delve deeper into who your OC really is and how they stand up to these challenges.

This isn't anything too serious but I believe this has a lot of potential and the main priority for everyone is to have fun.

About this Kanto, It is a rather modern region compared to what you're used to in the games. It has Pokemon from all regions based in Kanto but you won't get alternate forms here such as Alolan and Galarian forms. I'm not allowing trainers to get Bagon from the first route. The wild Pokemon you encounter early on is going to be common Pokemon and you will have to find special locations in order to find stronger and rarer Pokemon. I also have quite a few things planned throughout this RP too like evil teams and random events that may lead to a big overarching plot

Rules:
- You must have read and follow the Pokecharms RP Rules : https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-role-play-rules.9451/

- Don't be overpowered and perfect. That defeats the purpose of developing your trainer.
- Don't control other people's characters
-No one liners, you must do a paragraph for every post.
-no shinies, no legendaries, no z moves, no mega evolution unless I decide to ask an admin for permission (Which I won't for a while)

Questionnaire (Character Bio):
Name:
Height:
Hometown:
Graduated School: (Viridian, Violet, Rustboro, Jubilife, Striaton, Santalune, Trainer School of Alola) or make up your own if you want
Appearance:
Personality:
Strengths
Flaws:
Starter Pokemon: (has to be basic or a baby Pokemon. I encourage using a Pokemon which you don't usually go for OR you can put "pick for me" and I will pick for you like what the letter says)

My Character Bio:
Name: Fraser McLeod

Height: 6"3
Hometown: Veilstone City
Graduated School: Jubilife
Appearance: Brown curly hair, green eyes, wears a blue tracksuit top, black jeans, white trainers, watch on the left wrist, a black backpack that was a white braviary designed on it
Personality: He is a quite chill person, he's quite sarcastic, he's a very ambitious person and likes to make new experiences but can get socially fused out
Strengths: He's a quick learner and likes to think up techniques and strategies with his Pokemon
Flaws: He can find it difficult to raise disobedient Pokemon due to his lax nature, he can find things that are too difficult not worth it and can tend to give easily. He also comes from a poor family so he hasn't been able to experience a lot of things when it comes to Pokemon.
Starter Pokemon: Tyrogue :)

Link to RP: https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-kanto-trainer-graduation-intake.22413/

thanks guys :) I will try to add people's bios to the first post here on the discussion so if you need to you can check someone's appearance or whatever

Last edited:
Before I consider making myself a character, I'd like to ask a few questions.

1: Is there gonna be an antagonist who the chars will have to defeat and in doing so improve themselves for better or worse or is it mainly about improving themselves in general?
2: Are we allowed to find and catch Pokemon from other regions so long as they have their appropriate home environment? So then like you said; "Can't get a Bagon on the first route."

Before I consider making myself a character, I'd like to ask a few questions.

1: Is there gonna be an antagonist who the chars will have to defeat and in doing so improve themselves for better or worse or is it mainly about improving themselves in general?
2: Are we allowed to find and catch Pokemon from other regions so long as they have their appropriate home environment? So then like you said; "Can't get a Bagon on the first route."
Yes and yes

Fair enough, does Dreepy count as a baby Pokemon as well? (I do also respect the encouragement of using Pokemon that one never considered using.)

My character bio
Name: Fraser McLeod
Height: 6"3
Hometown: Veilstone City
Graduated School: Jubilife
Appearance: Brown curly hair, green eyes, wears a blue tracksuit top, black jeans, white trainers, watch on left wrist, black backpack
Personality: He is a quite chill person, he's quite sarcastic, he's a very ambitious person and likes to make new experiences but can get socially fused out
Strengths: He's a quick learner and likes to think up techniques and strategies with his Pokemon
Flaws: He can find it difficult to raise disobedient Pokemon due to his lax nature, he can find things that are too difficult not worth it and can tend to give easily
Starter Pokemon: Tyrogue :)

Name: Mark Watts
Height: 5'11"
Hometown: Motostoke (Galar)
Graduated School: Trainer School of Alola
Appearance: He has a decently slim body build with fair skin and light Brown eyes, his hair is Blond, somewhat messy and long enough to reach down to his chin. His attire consists of a Gray v neck with an Obstagoon design on it under a White leather jacket with a Black fur mane, dark Blue jeans and Charcoal sneakers. He wears a loose chain with a Yellow lightning bolt design hanging from it around his neck.
Personality: A friendly and confident individual who isn't afraid to speak his mind. He has a habit of invading people's personal spaces and has a strong love for Pokemon. He can however be rather brash and violent when angry and mainly displays this to people who abuse their Pokemon.
Strengths: His confidence gives him a sense of positive which he does his best to use even in several situations.
Flaws: Because he comes from a long line of strong Trainers from Galar, he was raised to believe that winning was everything and defeat was beyond unacceptable. Easily infuriated by every defeat and always blaming himself for not being good enough as well as pushing away any "lesson" about it being "okay to lose", seeing it as "utter garbage."
Starter Pokemon: Toxel

Last edited:
Name: Mark Watts
Graduated School: Trainer School of Alola
Appearance: He has a decently slim body build with fair skin and light Brown eyes, his hair is Blond, somewhat messy and long enough to reach down to his chin. His attire consists of a Gray v neck with an Obstagoon design on it under a White leather jacket with a Black fur mane, dark Blue jeans and Charcoal sneakers. He wears a loose chain with a Yellow lightning bolt design hanging from it around his neck.
Personality: A friendly and confident individual who isn't afraid to speak his mind. He has a habit of invading people's personal spaces and has a strong love for Pokemon. He can however be rather brash and violent when angry and mainly displays this to people who abuse their Pokemon.
Strengths: His confidence gives him a sense of positive which he does his best to use even in several situations.
Flaws: Because he comes from a long line of strong Trainers from Galar, he was raised to believe that winning was everything and defeat was beyond unacceptable. Easily infuriated by every defeat and always blaming himself for not being good enough as well as pushing away any "lesson" about it being "okay to lose", seeing it as "utter garbage."
Starter Pokemon: Toxel
*reads flaws* ayyyyyyyyyy he gets it XD. accepted.
I'm working on the rp link now

I was thinking on making up my own idea for a school from Galar (Where I'm sure you can guess is where he originates from) but couldn't think of anything.

Good to see you online! It certainly been a minute since I last saw you on here.

Name: Aleksi "Alex" Heikki
Height: 6'1
Hometown: Mistralton City
Graduated School: Striaton
Appearance: Alex is a big guy with neat dark-brown hair and dim blue eyes. He dresses in ill-fitting white and blue sweaters
Personality: He's a pleasant, if slightly uninteresting person. He rarely loses his temper, and isn't fazed by much, though committed to his morals and beliefs. He never really takes things too seriously, but this results in him rarely getting very passionate about things.
Strengths: Alex is incredibly persistent, it takes a lot before he's willing to give up and he'll never be out of it for long.
Flaws: Obliviousness, first and foremost most. He finds it hard to adapt mid-battle and therefor is easily predictable.
Starter Pokemon: Litwick

Last edited:
Good to see you online! It certainly been a minute since I last saw you on here.

Name: Aleksi "Alex" Heikki
Height: 6'1
Hometown: Mistralton City
Graduated School: Striaton
Appearance: Alex is a big guy with neat dark-brown hair and dim blue eyes. He dresses in ill-fitting white and blue hoodies,
Personality: He's a pleasant, if slightly uninteresting person. He rarely loses his temper, and isn't fazed by much, though committed to his morals and beliefs. He never really takes things too seriously, but this results in him rarely getting very passionate about things.
Strengths: Alex is incredibly persistent, it takes a lot before he's willing to give up and he'll never be out of it for long.
Flaws: Obliviousness, first and foremost most. He finds it hard to adapt mid-battle and therefore is easily predictable.
Starter Pokemon: Litwick
aaaaaaaayyyyyyyy its good to see ya :) accepted. I doubt anything can get close to what the original explore the Bloka region became but who knows.

also RP is up: https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-kanto-trainer-graduation-intake.22413/

Name: Aleksandros “AJ” Janus, Jr.
Height: 6’2”
Hometown: Rustburo City
Graduated School: Rustboro Pokémon Trainers’ School
Appearance: When you hear the words “big man on campus”, or, if you are not feeling so charitable, “muscle-headed jock”, AJ is just about what you would expect. Tall, broad-shouldered, with an effortless grin and side burns that perfectly frame his handsome face. He tends to wear his blue and orange letterman’s jacket over a plain white t-shirt and jeans, and his black hair is kept cropped very short so as that it can easily fit into a football helmet and does not get into his brown eyes.
Personality: With a father who is one of the top lawyers for the Stone Corporation, AJ always had a lot to live up to. Aleksandros Janus, Sr. was the go-getter, "take no prisoners type", so AJ worked hard to live up to that. His father played and excelled at every sport that he could get his hands on, so AJ followed in his footsteps. His father was a highly talented pokémon trainer so AJ... Well, AJ is trying his best. Always more comfortable on the field than behind a desk, AJ prefers action over contemplation and has a hard time sitting still for too long.
Strengths: Despite his imposing appearance and family reputation, AJ is a genuinely nice guy and when he lets his guard down he has a very easy time connecting with pokémon and people, although he may still have trouble if overloaded with a lot of information right off of the bat. Furthermore, a lifetime of playing sports has given him a determination to succeed by hard work, even if the initial road is bumpy.
Flaws: Which is a very fortunate attitude for him to have, since battling, raising, and training pokémon doesn’t come naturally to AJ, and he is very self-conscious about the fact that he feels miles behind everyone else. He tends to put too much emphasis on what others think, and that can cause him to make some stupid decisions in order to not stand out as much.
Starter Pokemon: Pick for me, please.

Name: Aleksandros “AJ” Janus, Jr.
Height: 6’2”
Hometown: Rustburo City
Graduated School: Rustboro Pokémon Trainers’ School
Appearance: When you hear the words “big man on campus”, or, if you are not feeling so charitable, “muscle-headed jock”, AJ is just about what you would expect. Tall, broad-shouldered, with an effortless grin and side burns that perfectly frame his handsome face. He tends to wear his blue and orange letterman’s jacket over a plain white t-shirt and jeans, and his black hair is kept cropped very short so as that it can easily fit into a football helmet and does not get into his brown eyes.
Personality: With a father who is one of the top lawyers for the Stone Corporation, AJ always had a lot to live up to. Aleksandros Janus, Sr. was the go-getter, "take no prisoners type", so AJ worked hard to live up to that. His father played and excelled at every sport that he could get his hands on, so AJ followed in his footsteps. His father was a highly talented pokémon trainer so AJ... Well, AJ is trying his best. Always more comfortable on the field than behind a desk, AJ prefers action over contemplation and has a hard time sitting still for too long.
Strengths: Despite his imposing appearance and family reputation, AJ is a genuinely nice guy and when he lets his guard down he has a very easy time connecting with pokémon and people, although he may still have trouble if overloaded with a lot of information right off of the bat. Furthermore, a lifetime of playing sports has given him a determination to succeed by hard work, even if the initial road is bumpy.
Flaws: Which is a very fortunate attitude for him to have, since battling, raising, and training pokémon doesn’t come naturally to AJ, and he is very self-conscious about the fact that he feels miles behind everyone else. He tends to put too much emphasis on what others think, and that can cause him to make some stupid decisions in order to not stand out as much.
Starter Pokemon: Pick for me, please.
accepted, omg the first one that I pick.
Would you like me to msg you a choice of three or surprise you in the RP?

@Gpig5 I was thinking of a new character for this, and his starter is Beldum, the thing with that Pokemon, is it can only know take down until after it evolves into Metang, and All Pseudo-Legendaries have a beginning stage, such as Beldum or Dreepy.

Name: Jason Kent Argentston
Height: 5'10"
Hometown: Rustboro City
School graduated: Rustboro
Appearance: black hair, green eyes, wearing blue and grey.
Personality: Jason is Sweet, caring and Shy, much like his mother. He also has a serious side, and is up for a challenge, much like his Father.
Strengths: Jason is always up for a challenge, that's why he picked Beldum. He also is very knowledgeable with Pokemon Eggs.
Flaws: His shyness, he has a habit of losing his contact device.
Other: He is a triplet of my usual pair, Firey Argentston and Ariana Montgomery, has a brother, James, and two Sisters, Laura and Emma. He also has a girlfriend, Alyssa, but she lives in Unova.

@Gpig5 I was thinking of a new character for this, and his starter is Beldum, the thing with that Pokemon, is it can only know take down until after it evolves into Metang, and All Pseudo-Legendaries have a beginning stage, such as Beldum or Dreepy.

Personality: Jason is Sweet, caring and Shy, much like his mother. He also has a serious side, and is up for a challenge, much like his Father.
Strengths: Jason is always up for a challenge, that's why he picked Beldum. He also is very knowledgeable with Pokemon Eggs.
Other: He is a triplet of my usual pair, Firey Argentston and Ariana Montgomery, has a brother, James, and two Sisters, Laura and Emma. He also has a girlfriend, Alyssa, but she lives in Unova.
accepted

just make sure that beldum evolves early on cause that wouldn't really happen anime it will take a while since it's a pseudo

Name: Riley Nascilan
Hometown: Gateon Port, Orre
Graduated School: The Prestige Precept Center (Phenac City, Orre)
Appearance: She has long brown hair with the end of the hair fading to gray. Her eyes are blue and her skin is fair. She's fairly buff wearing her black sleeveless blouse and white leggings with brown steel toed boots.
Personality: Riley is extremely tough and serious. She usually never laughs or smiles but she has a good heart and typically cares for who she works for or with.
Strengths: She is incredibly strong physically and has naval navigation knowledge.
Flaws: Riley can be emotionally insensitive and brutal at times.
Starter Pokemon: Joltik

Last edited:
Name: Riley Nascilan
Hometown: Gateon Port, Orre
Graduated School: The Prestige Precept Center (Phenac City, Orre)
Appearance: She has long brown hair with the end of the hair fading to gray. Her eyes are blue and her skin is fair. She's fairly buff wearing her black sleeveless blouse and white leggings with brown steel toed boots.
Personality: Riley is extremely tough and serious. She usually never laughs or smiles but she has a good heart and typically cares for who she works for or with.
Strengths: She is incredibly strong physically and has naval navigation knowledge.
Flaws: Riley can be emotionally insensitive and brutal at times.
Starter Pokemon: Joltik
accepted

sorry guys im posting now. I'm going to move on from the hall thing. People can still post them, getting their starters and then cut to where everyone else is, if they are yet to do their starter Pokemon post thing

what do you guys think about me making this private? I haven't considered but rather make it open for the time being, but it may make sense judging on what the RP is about, to make it private

I would recommend for people to move to the next route if you're not interacting with people already just to keep the RP pumping a bit more. then you can make events happen for your self or I'll start events for you