• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Sick AGAIN, damnit

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
ARGH!

I've been mostly healthy for the last couple of weeks. Realised that living off toast & breakfast cereal was doing me the power of no good, and invented my own ultra low fat diet, which has included such delights as fatfree chocolate brownies and pancakes made with flour & low-fat soy yogurt & no oil. (Hooray for being able to cook is my motto).

But despite everything I've got sick again, and I am in complete & utter agony. have pain in several places: under my rib where my gall bladder is, all along the top of my abdomen where my large intestine is, in my back quite low down on either side, and really low down crampy pain that felt like period pain (except it isn't). The strongest painkillers they'll prescribe (Paracetamol + dihydrocodeine + 100 mg of Tramadol every 4 hours) aren't even touching it . My entire abdomen is on fire.

Been to the hospital twice in 2 days. My blood tests show no sign of infection and my liver function test was normal, yet I am in so much pain I can hardly even describe it. Can't eat a thing - it hurts even to drink water. Got to take one more dose of Tramadol in an hour, and if that doesn't help go back to hospital to get admitted for a few days of morphine.

I don't want to have to go into hospital - it's insanely boring and isolating (no internet, and although there's a phone above the beds it costs a ridiculous amount to make calls), and you don't get enough sleep with all the noise. But I can't go on like this. I'm back to the stage where the month's wait for the surgery seems like a lifetime away :(.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Damn... It sucks to hear that, especially since the pain killers aren't working. I can only imagine what that's like :(

I hope they can figure it out soon. Nobody should have to be in take kind of pain without even knowing why. And hey, if you do get hospitalized again, remember to take your handhelds and/or some nice, 'soothing' music with you. Mp3 players can be your best friend ^^

That sucks hell I could only imaging how it must feel. I mean hurting when drinking and eating that's unfair. I wonder what you have, oohh and don't forget to charge your hanhelds unless your allowed to charge there at the hospital they should allow you.