• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Shut Eye RP Discussion/Sign up

NOTE: This RP is heavily inspired by both the song 'Shut Eye' and the game Red Dead Redemption, hence the name of the game and why a map from the game is being used. But you do not need knowledge of either to join!

Welcome to the Wild, Wild West. Thousands of acres of unclaimed land and danger; from the wildlife to the sun itself.

But the most dangerous thing in the Wild West may just be the people itself. Not only the outlaws and bandits, but also the sheriffs, vigilantes, and general (people who are crazy and rude idk what to put here help) found just about everywhere. This all combined can make the lands near impossible to navigate.

Alone, that is.

Here's the setup; each of you are some sort of superhuman being. But you're in hiding; you can have a minimum bounty of $10,000 on your head just for being suspected of being anything other than human.

For some reason or another, you want to get from Punta Orgullo to the town of Blackwater, (see map below) for some reason or another. (Blackwater is by the water edge of the Great Planes) After somehow all winding up in the same abandoned barn for shelter one stormy night, the characters of this story decide to ban together to make it to Blackwater safely.

Will you make it together? Or will you bicker until you succumb to the great desert?

Or, maybe even worse, will you turn in your new friends to be set up for life?

It's up to you.

Roles:

Thief: a character who has been known to steal almost anything they wish. They are experts of the pocket. Part of their bounty could be due to their reputation of theft.

Traveler: a character who knows how to survive and navigate the desert. They take note of where they are, and can locate areas to avoid or to lie low in.

Assassin: a character who knows their way in the night, and around anatomy. In one quick strike, their target could be dead.

Sherif's deputy: a character who shows excessive skill in ranged weaponry. They can strike their target from far away, and can easily earn a reputation. Though, they're a bit of a boot-licker when it comes to the law.

Rebel: a character who may have once sided with the humans, but has been turned away and hunted for their differences. They could hold valuable information if any humans are to be eliminated.

Child of city folk: child of a rich city man who got robbed on the way to Punta Orgullo. Never had to work a day in their life. Very likely to betray group to get back to comfortable life

Bar fly: a poor fool who's life has spun out of control and spends nearly every waking moment in a bar. Gets into petty brawls frequently and has a bad temper.

Rules:

1. No harassing!!! Hate the character, not the creator. If there is conflict/harassing/anything of the sort OOC, I will give you one warning before you're booted.

2. Listen to me and @NightRaven or you will be booted

3. LGBT+ is allowed! So is general love, but don't make it super central unless it becomes a major plot point (ex. Causes a character to be wreckless, change their decisions)

4. Violence is obviously allowed, but nothing too extreme. Just be like 'crap I'm bleeding' or 'oh no my lung was punctured I'm coughing up blood' just don't graphically explain how organs spill or splatter or something

5. Nothing too OP.

6. Don't control other people's characters. Seriously. And no 'bam I shoot them and they die' or 'I scratch them flawlessly' or something like that

7. If you've read all this tell me your favorite Bethsenda game to prove it

8. Nothing from the modern world!! Only 'cowboy era' things.

9. I'll have a list for mythical creatures you can do, but if you'd like something that's not on the list ask and I'll approve or disapprove based on whether or not it fits/is too OP

10. Don't go on someone else's turn!

11. Any breaking of the rules will be resulted in a warning. A second violation will result in being kicked/your character killed.

12. Once again, stick to the era! No modern lingo or technology or ideas. Unless your character can see into the distant future somehow.

Being suspected of being any of these can result with a large bounty on your head, so you best be careful! If you pick any of these characters or any others, I will give you facts I've researched so you can better get into character!

Possible creatures:

- Werewolf
~ one of the most classic monsters. But they're not actually as bad as people think; they only go vicious from a bad mindset before transformation or lack of stimulation/food. Changing consumes lots of calories, and the rampages usually result from extreme hunger. They also sort of have the mindset of dogs; the lack of stimulation also results in rampages. Simply giving them plenty of meat and things to chew on can sate them for the night. Reminder that they usually don't have control of their mind after transformation unless they've been a werewolf since birth.

-Succubus/Incubus
~ people hate these because they assume they're prostitutes and will lure people to cheating their marriages or kill them the way they're known for. Can't help their natural charm, usually.

-Vampires
~ another classic. Absolutely hate living in the West because the sun. Not many of them can be vegan because there's no coconuts for coconut water.

-Reaper
~ Those who guide dead souls to the afterlife. Usually seen as a bad omen, and people think they're the ones that kill people. They're actually usually very kind. Cold and pale. Unlike the others people usually scram when they see someone who might be one

Character template:
(NOTE: you may add more info, if you’d like. I’ve got to approve of your character before you can join)

Name:
Nickname:
Gender/pronouns:
Sexual orientation:
Role:
Personality:
Appearance:
Skills:
Weapons (if any):
Miscellaneous Facts:

And with that, all I have to say is good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
This is not an RP thread. It's an RP discussion thread, and belongs in the RP discussion board. Moved.
Also, you may only use images that you created or were created for you specifically in an RP thread.

Please read the rules before posting anything else in the RP forums.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Name: Justin Hardin
Nickname: Red Ranger
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Role: Assassin
Species: Human
Personality: lovable and humorous for an assassin, he normally hangs out around town during the day. But at night, or when doing his job, he becomes serious, and will do anything to get his job done. He doesn’t really care if you’re a creature or not, considering his job pays well either way, so he doesn’t really take time to search for them.
Appearance: a white button up shirt, Deep red vest, deeper red slacks, and black boots, with a bright red leather hat with one side folded up. A gun and knife holster is visible at his side. He has tanned pinkish white skin, deep brown eyes, and medium thick dirty blonde hair.
Skills:
Gunslinging- Tremendous proficiency at using guns, mostly revolvers.
Tracing- Good at tracking down individuals
Backstabbing- proficiency with knifes, especially his own.
Sneaking- good at sneaking around, especially when it’s night time
Weapons:
Big Iron- A simple Colt .357 magnum with 1 notch, representing the one person he killed. Jeffery the Test Dummy.
Bloodstained- his own butterfly knife, which he created, and is stained with a drop of blood from each enemy it’s come across. Which is only one, because Justin cut his finger on it.
Miscellaneous Facts:
-Prefers cigarettes over cigars
-Likes fruity beer over hard liquor
-has been in one barfight, which he escaped
-hasn’t actually killed anyone yet...
-does wonder if he’ll ever meet a creature

My favorite Bethesda game is Fallout 4.
(I think you spelled Bethesda wrong)

Please tell me if I need to edit anything!