• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Showdown at the Orre Hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOC: Welcome to Orre Hotel. This is just PRP that is base around a 16 man tournament taking place in the Orre colosseum. I am allowing a max of six people (I'm one of them). But four of them ( again I'm one of them) will be in the tournament. The other two are spectators or member of the hosting company. That would be the Blackshield company (the Sliph. Co. in Kanto.) All Pokémon and all trainer from all region or invited. Pm me before joining and please include the team you are using. I hope to see a good turnout for the championship. The person I'm using is just for this but a Bio on him will be in the bio post soon. The rules of the tornament will be said at the first round. Right now the bus is pulling into the parking lot.

BIC:
The sand had finally settled down as the sun hanged at high noon. The innkeeper finally relaxed after the long moment of worrying that he would lose business. The Balckshield Company was host a global tournament in the most rural of all regions; Orre. This desert waste land held only two places worth visting. Regelm Tower and the Orre colosseum. This battle for the best would take place in the older of the two. The giant hand of the stone battling arena casted its shadow up and over the seats across from it on to the hotel. The old man of an innkeeper walked outside and began cleaning the dust covered windows.

In the distance a small cloud of dust appeared. The innkeeper turn and smile know it was the bus that would bring the most of his visitors. He quickly huddled back inside to prevent the dust from chocking him. The cloud grew with each passing minute until a shape could be made out. A small bike with a large wheel in front underneath the engine and a small thrust jet underneath the driver. The driver pulled in to a spot near the hotel with ease. Breaking the wheel about three meters away from the building and wiping the tail around to fill in the gap.

"Welcome to the Orre hotel!" said the old made as the man on the bike got off. He couldn't see the face through the helmet.

He walked around to the engine open the casting on the right side before replying to the old man, "Do you got a room looking into the colosseum?"

"Yes several."

He flipped a switch in the bike and the rear slowly fell down. He turned and asked, "Any social areas up stairs?"

"Would you like a room near it?" the innkeeper asked back.

"Yes."

"Then yes. Are you here for the tournament?" The innkeeper led the biker into the main lobby.

"Yes."

"Then the room for free for two days. What's your name?"

The biker took off his helmet as he said, "Theo Galesburg."

"Your room is #94, right in front of the upstairs lounge."

"Thanks," Theo said as he went back outside. He pulled out the seat on his bike revealing an old duffle bag. Opening it, he pulled out a pokeball and called out his best friend. "Web!" The light slowly faded away to reveal Ariados. The spider pokemon crawled up his leg and planted itself on Theo shoulder. He then grabbed the bag and headed back indoors.

On the second floor found his room but didn't enter. Instead he walked toward the chairs the viewed the massive desert. He pulled out a laptop and placing in on the coffee table in front of the chair he then sat in. Opening it and turning it on, he pulled a small camera to it and pointed it in the area in front of the doors.
Leaning up against the window he peered to south. He spied a bus as it began to pull up to the hotel. Sitting back down, he opened a program on his laptop. The area the camera was looking at popped on his screen. The bus stopped just at top of the screen and the doors opened. A girl walked out with purple hair and headed toward the door. On Theo laptop, the camera focus girl's face and data began to stream on another program window. "Aria?" asked Wed from his shoulder. "That's right Web, it's going to be a long tournament."

Last edited by a moderator:

Rex

Resident Furry
Tony was excited, to be sure. This was his first time in the Orre region. There were no wild Pokémon, and the two local crime syndicates, Team Cipher and Team Snagem, were engaged in war with each other. So the other five teams, Rocket, Magma, Aqua, Galactic, and Dim Sun, never felt the need to send members there. And since Tony was a hard working member of Team Magma, he had never had time to come.

He was here after receiving an invitation to a tournament; this was the third this year, if Adventure Island counted. But it didn't matter, they gave him lots of experience, and he was still on vacation.

"This weather sucks," Seth, his Buizel, whined, the Pokémon had finally started talking more. Tony could barely understand the Pokémon half the time, since it had used gestures and expressions instead of words for the past four years.
"I'll have you know that both Jake and Blitz enjoy this weather," Tony grinned, "You only hate it because you're a water type."

The two of them were riding a bus to the Orre Hotel; the tournament was taking place in the nearby coliseum. The bus was hot, and crowded. Just when Tony thought he was going to pass out from the heat the bus stopped, arriving at the Hotel. A bike was parked nearby; it was one of those interesting vehicles that had something keeping a part hovering, but it also had a wheel.

Tony followed the other passengers into the hotel lobby.

"Bui!" Seth grinned.
"Say again?" once again Tony had no idea what the Buizel was talking about.
Seth rolled his eyes, "I said, Thank Arceus for air conditioning!"
"Heh heh."

They had finally reached the counter; behind it was an old man.

"Welcome to the Orre hotel! Are you here for the tournament?" he asked.
"Yup," Tony replied.
"Then the room for free for two days. What's your name young man?"
"Anthony Reiner," The same name he used for the last tournament he was in.
"Your room is number nineteen, just down that hall," said the old man, handing him a key.
"Thanks"

((OOC: I can join, right? Kay'll be a helping-hand/spectator kind of person. :p))

The black-haired girl looked around at her surroundings below. Nothing but sand, sand, more sand, and then there were a couple buildings, which the large bird she was on top off flew towards. Her Pidgeoto gave out a cry, signaling that this was the place. "Alright, Pidge, let's land, then," she said, trusting that Pidge knew exactly where he was. The girl hopped off of the giant bird pokemon, pet him on the head, nodded a "good-job", and returned it to the classic red and white sphere.

She looked at the inn, studying it intently for a moment, then, when she made up her mind that it was obviously the correct one, headed towards the door. "Welcome to the Orre Hotel!" exclaimed an old man from behind the front counter as she walked in, "Are you here for the tournament?" he asked.

"Well, sorta. I'm here helping out organize the tournament and take care of injured Pokemon during the matches and stuff," Kay replied. "Oh, I see. I've been expecting you. Now let's see....your name...your name is... Makia Kayzen, correct?" "Yes, but I really prefer if you just call me Kay." the black-haired girl replied, trying hard to be polite to the now over-excited old man. "Alrighty, then, I have your room right here. Room number ninety-seven. Oh, and there are a couple trainers here for the tournament already, so maybe you should introduce yourself, seeing as you'll be working with them."

The old man handed her the keys and Kay walked up the stairs, past her room, and to the lounge, where there was a boy who looked not that much older than her, sitting in a chair, with an Ariados, on the computer, looking outside the window. She walked up to the two. "Uhm...hi there..." the black-haired girl said, being a little nervous, since she never really was well with talking to humans.

"What?! No wild pokémon? Thats bad.
Cerebus had recieved a invitation to the Orre coloseum challenge two or trhee weeks ago and has been doing research on the region. "Mainly deserts, thats bad.

2 hours later.

"This is the worst bus ride ever!"
"Toxi." Cerebus his Toxicroak replied.
"You have easy talking, you have dry skin, I dont, but then again... say that guy over there looks familiar."
Cerebus started to search his memory.
"Of course, I remeber, thats Tony, from the Goldenrod Tag Tournament"
"Croa?"
"You dont remeber? Oh well to bad."

More or less 30 minutes later.

"Welcome to the Orre Hotel!" exclaimed an old man from behind the front counter as she walked in, "Are you here for the tournament?" he asked.
"I believe so, Kane, Cerebus Kane"
"Well then lets have a look, Kane, Kane. Aha here we go, room twenty."
"Thank you."

Cerebus then dropped his bag in his room and then headed to the lounge.
"Say this place looks a lot like my dads restaurant, dont you think?"
"Toxi"
"I will take that as a yes."

"Uhmm...hi there..." said a black hair girl standing behind Theo. He looked over his shoulder to see her. Then standing up, he reached a hand out to her.
"I'm Theo, Please to met you." He said.
"Aria!" said Web from Theo's shoulder. The girl seemed nervous about talking to him. He didn't mined. He was the same way a little.

"I'm Theo, Please to meet you," said the boy, standing up. Kay brightened a little, sensing that he was a little nervous as well. "My name's Makia. Makia Kayzen, but I prefer to be called Kay." She shook his outstretched hand.

She looked at the Ariados on Theo's shoulder with a warm smile. "You've raised your Ariados very well," Kay commented, "It's strong. I suppose you're joining the tournament taking place in the Orre Colloseum? I'm helping out here and there for the tournament, seeing as Nurse Joy's out of town." The black-haired girl looked at the computer, still sitting on the table.

"So what's all this?" she asked, looking at the computer. There were a couple program windows showing. It wasn't even something simple, like Internet Explorer, or Mozilla Firefox. Those programs were written by somebody with a vast knowledge on technology. Kay became distracted when one of the pokeballs on her waist wiggled, and released her Umbreon, Shadow. "Umbri!" he cried, letting her know that he was annoyed about being stuck in a pokeball almost all day.

The black-haired girl looked away from the computer and towards Shadow. "Sorry, Shadow! I forgot!" she apologized, leaning down to put her Umbreon.

"I will take that as a yes." Kay turned around to see another trainer walk into the lounge, a Toxicroak in tow. Oh great... Kay thought, Yet another trainer I have to talk to.

Rex

Resident Furry
Once inside his room, Tony released this other three Pokémon.
"Guess what boys, new Tournament!" he grinned.

The three glanced at each other; the last Tournament had been great. Hopefully this one would be as good.

"Unfortunately Jake," Tony said to the Lucario, "You'll have to lose the hood for a while."

He took the tattered Team Magma hood Jake had been given when he evolved, exposing the remains of his chest spike, which had been broken only a week after he evolved. No doubt the Lucario would draw attention; his fur was crimson, instead of the normal blue. Tony did not need his cover blown; he was having too much fun.

He looked at the other two Pokémon in his team. Blitz, his Flygon, would love the Tournament, no doubt. The Pokémon loved anything. He had evolved during the last tournament he was in. Flynt, a Quilava, was a different story. Tony never really knew what that Pokémon would think. But he did what he was told, no matter what. Flynt was unquestionably loyal like that.

"Tell ya what; the other trainers are still arriving, why don't we go out and size up our opposition?"

The four of them nodded. And with that they left the room.

The lobby was empty, only the old innkeeper was present. Upstairs, in the lounge three were three trainers. A man with an Ariados was engaged in a conversation with a black-hair young woman. A little down the hall was a man with a Toxicroak. What a sec, that was Cerebus!

"Yo, Cerebus!" he called out to the man.

OOC: You boys ain't havin' no tourny without me. ;)
edit: Ahh geez, I really should improve my speed reading, had no idea there was a lounge that people were in.

BIC: Bennett snoozed as the bus thundered across the vast desert wastes of Orre, his loyal Marowak, Caelin was keeping an eye out whilst he slept. It wasn't often that Bennett was invited anywhere, but recently he had been invited to Pokémon Tournament that was running in the desolate Orre region. Bennett didn't know a lot about Orre, but what he did know was that Pokémon Trainers were rare, wild Pokémon were even rarer and those that had Pokémon were probably members of Team Snagem or Cipher, the two criminal organisations that operated heavily in the region. The bus was somewhat empty, with most of the trainers on it sitting apart from each other. Bennett wasn't sure he could trust anyone in this strange new area, which is why he had Caelin on watch duty whilst he slept. Bennett awoke as his Marowak gave him a light bonk on the head with his club "Whadd iz it, Cael?" Bennett said, half-asleep "I'm trying to rest."

"Wak." Caelin replied bluntly, pointing out the front window.

Bennett looked up and saw the hotel and the old Orre Colosseum on the horizon. "Oh cool, we're almost there." Bennett said as he checked that everything was in his satchel before slinging it over his shoulder. Cael looked at him expectantly "What? What do you want now?" Cael said nothing, instead he opened his mouth and pointed into it. Bennett sighed and pulled a chocolate bar out of his satchel "No good deed goes unrewarded." He said as he handed it to Caelin. Caelin unwrapped the bar and started munching on it. Bennett chuckled, for a Marowak who was so strong-of-character and loyal, he was quick to forget it all as soon as food was involved.

Bennett stepped off the comfortable air-conditioned bus and into the harsh heat and dust of the outside, Caelin, being a ground type, didn't seem to mind at all, but Bennett had to shield his eyes as he made his way over to the hotel. Walking into lobby, Bennett checked in and made his way up to his room. He dumped his bags, took a quick look around the room and decided that the trainer's lounge sounded much more interesting. The trainer's lounge was basic, but served it's purpose. Bennett slumped into an armchair and started messing about with his Pokegear, trying to get a signal for the radio, and was completely oblivious to the other trainers in the room.

Theo glaced over his shoulder at his computer. A window had appered shortly after Kay had a quick look at it. He went and picked it up and the camrea and set both back in his bag. He began walking to his room as he saw two trainer coming from both ends. Shaking his head, he walked into his room before they could cacth him for a talk.
He walked over the table that was near his bed. Setting the his bag down on the bed, he took out his computer and the his PD*A. Hooking both up to each other, he began to download all the infomation on his laptop to his PD*A.
"Porygon-Z," he said as he releashed the cyber pokemon from it's ball, "Wacth the computer and make sure know gets at the data regarding me."
"Pory" it replied before disappering into the computer.
Theo needed to keep his cover as a Team Sangem anget a secrect. He was sent here by his boss the leader of the team to spy on the Blackshield company and keep a lookout for any Cipher activeadty.
There was some nose for from the lounge that was getting louder by the mintue. Think more trainer had arrived he went back into the lounge.

"My, my, Bennett, its a small world dont you think? How have you been?"
"Toxi, Toxicroak" Toxicroak said half proding Cerebus in the leg. "Oh right, Toxicroak and I have been working on a new move, Toxicroak, show them your Gunk Shot." "Toxi" he replied giving a thumbs up, then his two poison sacks on his cheeks and the bottom of his body started to swell up and glow white, before releasing a horrid looking purple ball, almost hitting a girl walking up at Cerebus in the face. "ooh god, sorry, really sorry" Cerebus said at the girl.

Kay stood still for a minute, watching Theo grab his computer and gear and retreat to his room. Shadow nudged at her legs as if to tell her to hurry up and introduce herself to the other three trainers who had arrived shortly afterwards. "Fine," she huffed at her stubborn Umbreon and walked over to the three.

A purple gunk of...something went flying by her face just as she reached the group. "Ooh god, sorry, really sorry," said the Toxicraok's trainer. "Oh, it's alright. I'm used to almost getting nailed by Pokemon attacks. It was an accident, after all," Kay said, smiling to show that she was just fine. Although the table behind her had less luck. Half of it had been eaten up by the purple acid.

"Anyways, my name's Makia Kayzen. But call me Kay. You'll be seeing a lot of me around here, 'specially if you're participating in the tournament," the black-haired girl explained. "Umbri!" "Oh, and this is my Umbreon, Shadow," she added, remembering the Eeveelution at her feet. "It's nice to meet you all." Kay looked down at her hands, which were picking at her nails, a nervous habit she had obtained over the years of avoiding contact with many people.

Bennett smiled, Cerebus hadn't changed a bit since he last saw him, albeit, his skill seemed to have improved, but his timing hadn't as his Croagunk almost hit a young girl. "Ooh god, sorry, really sorry"

"Oh, it's alright. I'm used to almost getting nailed by Pokémon attacks. It was an accident, after all." Cerebus was lucky she wasn't the type to get upset by that kind of thing, most of the girls Bennett had met would have gone nuts.

"You should have aimed a little more to the right." Bennett mused, Caelin chuckled quietly at his master's joke

The young girl introduced herself as Kay, and her Umbreon as Shadow and from what Bennett could tell, she wasn't actively participating in the tournament. Bennett thought it would be best to get acquainted "My name's Bennett and this little guy next to me is Caelin." Bennett said, gesturing to his Marowak. Caelin made a blunt ‘wak' in greeting.

Tailon

Gryffindork
OOC: since Chibi disappeared, I'll join in here, since there's still two spots left...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BIC: Dean looked up at the imposing building before him, of course, surrounded by desert, it looked quite large, in Goldenrod, it would probably be a minor skyscraper. The bus ride had been quite miserable, and even Sparky had retreated into his Poke Ball, but sat on his shoulder again as they entered the lobby. A seemingly pleasant older man stood at the counter as Dean walked up.

Looking up from the computer, the man said, "Hello, are you here for the tournament, or just a room"
"I'm actually here for the tournament, so a room over the colloseum would be great," Dean replied.
"Certainly," the old man said, handing him the key card "it's on the second floor."
"Thanks," Dean said striding off towards the stairs. Walking toward the room, Dean noticed a lounge-like area where the trainers were seemingly gathering. Dean entered, only to see several participants from the Goldenrod Tag Battle Tournament, particularly one he believed was named Bennet.

Dean stepped toward him, along with another boy, whom he remembered as Cerberus, and an unknown girl. "Hey, you're Bennet…and Cerberus right?"" Dean queried, just in case.

OOC: Tailon, could of you at least pm me before posting. Now i have to re due the tournament tree to involved you. Any way this is a good time as any to start the first round. I'll pm you all the tree win the first round is over. but the that's enough people for battling. I'll let one more join if they are just watching the tournament.

BIC: Theo walked out his room to see two more people had entered the lounge area. One sat in a chair with a Marowak behind he and another came walking up. Also, he saw a pile of guk on the walk. Just before he could talk to the new comers, he was cut of by the a voice over a speaker on the wall.

"All tournament participants and staff members please come down to the main lobby for the rules of the first round. Volunteer staff too. " Shaking his head, Theo closed the door behind he and locked it before heading down stairs.

Once down in the main lobby, He saw that more trainers had arrive just now. One man stood a bench across from the counter. With a microphone in hand, he began to speak. Theo's eyes grew at the site of who was talking."Alright, on behalf of the Blackshield company, I thank you all for coming. My name is Wes and this tournament is one base of off all the skills a pro battler needs, good catching, good training and the ability to adapt to the battle's stats. The first to elements will be shown in the first and final rounds. While all rounds will include the three element in different forms. Each round will be told when it starts."

"Well," one trainer said moving through the crowd, "See you at the colosseum."

"Wait and listen," said a woman from behind Wes.

"Yes, please," Wes continued The first round rules are to catch a wild pokemon and train it for this battle. The battle will be a 1v1 using only the new pokemon."

"I thought there were no wild pokemon, in the Orre Region?" asked a girl who never been to Orre in her life.

"Then get better information." Wes replied, everyone laugh, most were in the same boat as her. "Anyway, there are three positive loctions in Orre were wild pokemon live. The closest one is the Oasis Spot. You will go with one staff member in order from them to prove you caught a wild pokemon. We have the parnters already made. Any question?"

"What pokemon are at the oasis?" a boy asked.

"The more common ones are Phany, Hoppip and Shirkit." Wes replied, "But there been sitings of pokemon like Goldeen and Pidey. I myself thought i saw a Pikachu once there. The oasis has be growing ever since it was found."

"What are the other two spots?" The same boy asked.

"One is in a cave and the other is in a rock canyon. But the bus will only take you to the Oasis. But if you have a ride of your own, you can go to it if to can carry both you and your staff partner. Anymore?"

Rex

Resident Furry
"All tournament participants and staff members please come down to the main lobby for the rules of the first round. Volunteer staff too. "

A voice blared over the Loud Speakers. Cerebus had been nice enough to ignore him; almost having his Toxicroak hit a woman with a Toxic deluge instead. Bennett had also shown up, but being ignored had put Tony in too foul a mood to want to greet him. He returned his team, except Seth of course, to their pokeballs and followed the other trainers back to the main lobby.

There were quite a few trainers in the lobby. A few feet from the counter was a man with a Megaphone. "Alright, on behalf of the Blackshield company, I thank you all for coming. My name is Wes and this tournament is one base of off all the skills a pro battler needs, good catching, good training and the ability to adapt to the battle's stats. The first to elements will be shown in the first and final rounds. While all rounds will include the three element in different forms. Each round will be told when it starts."

Wes? The Wes? The rouge of Team Snagem? Tony couldn't believe his luck! Wes had singlehandedly taken down both Team Snagem and Team Cipher. Team Magma had had a great time swooping in and "borrowing" a few of Cipher's things in Wes' wake, including Ein, the former Chief Researcher of Cipher. Only the boy, Michael, was more famous, probably since he caught and purified four Legendaries, to Wes' three. However Michael was not nearly as messy as Wes had been.

"Well, see you at the coliseum," someone was in a hurry.
"Wait and listen," called a woman behind Wes, Rui perhaps?
"Yes, please, the first round rules are to catch a wild pokemon and train it for this battle. The battle will be a 1v1 using only the new pokemon."
"I thought there were no wild pokemon, in the Orre Region?" a woman called, and, for the most part, she was right.
"Then get better information," nearly everyone laughed; Tony didn't see how any of this was funny.
"Anyway, there are three positive locations in Orre were wild pokemon live. The closest one is the Oasis Spot. You will go with one staff member in order from them to prove you caught a wild pokemon. We have the partners already made. Any questions?" Wes continued.
"What pokemon are at the oasis?" a boy asked.
"The more common ones are Phany, Hoppip and Shirkit, but there been sightings of pokemon like Goldeen and Pidgey. I myself thought I saw a Pikachu once there. The oasis has been growing ever since it was found."
"What are the other two spots?" the boy asked again.
"One is in a cave and the other is in a rock canyon. But the bus will only take you to the Oasis. But if you have a ride of your own, you can go to it if to can carry both you and your staff partner. Anymore?"

"Any threats? I've heard the Wanderer frequents the Poke Spots. The Wanderer uses Shadow Pokemon," Tony grinned, he loved having a little bit of power. The Wanderer, Minor B., was a confirmed Rouge, having deserted Team Cipher. Of course, not many would have this info; it was a dangerous game Tony was playing by using it. Seth climbed into his shoulder, wishing Tony hadn't risked Wes finding out who he was, or rather, who he worked for.

"Any threats? I've heard the Wanderer frequents the Poke Spots. The Wanderer uses Shadow Pokemon." Said a trainer with a Buizel on his shoulder.
"Just point me to him and I'll show him why one should never mix battling with dancing," Wes replied. Theo laughed under his breath. Minor B., the wanderer in chosen, does in fact use Shadow pokemon, but he is more into his dance steps.
"Anymore?" Wes asked again.

"Hey, you're Bennett…and Cerberus right?" Bennett looked over his shoulder and saw a face he'd seen before. Where had he seen it though? Of course, the Tag Battle Tournament, now he just had to remember his name.

"And you are. . ." Bennett paused as he searched for name to go with the face "Dean, yeah?"

They were about to continue their conversation when an announcement echoed over the loudspeakers "All tournament participants and staff members please come down to the main lobby for the rules of the first round. Volunteer staff too." Cael jumped off the couch to Bennett's side and the two made their way down the stairs with the rest of the trainers to the lobby. Bennett noticed Tony from the Goldenrod Tourney just a bit ahead of him, he was about to call out but decided against it as Tony's facial expression indicated he was in a bad mood.

As he entered the lobby, Bennett noticed a larger number of trainers milling about. He figured another busload must have arrived. A young man standing on a bench grabbed the crowds attention as he spoke into his microphone. ."Alright, on behalf of the Blackshield company, I thank you all for coming. My name is Wes and this tournament is one base of off all the skills a pro battler needs; good catching, good training and the ability to adapt to the battle's stats. The first to elements will be shown in the first and final rounds. While all rounds will include the three elements in different forms. Each round will be told when it starts." Bennett couldn't believe that Wes was speaking to them all. He had become somewhat of an Urban Legend after he singlehandedly took on the Cipher Syndicate and came out on top. A cocky young trainer tried to push out of the crowd but he was stopped by the words of a young girl standing behind Wes, Bennett couldn't see her properly from where he was so it was impossible to tell who she was.

"The first round rules are to catch a wild Pokémon and train it for this battle. The battle will be a 1v1 using only the new Pokémon."

"I thought there were no wild Pokémon, in the Orre Region?" a young girl interjected, Bennett nodded in agreement, the place was a wasteland, anyone would be lucky to find a Geodude at best.

"Then get better information." Wes replied, the crowd laughed in response "Anyway, there are three positive locations in Orre were wild Pokémon live. The closest one is the Oasis Spot. You will go with one staff member in order from them to prove you caught a wild Pokémon. We have the partners already made. Any questions?"

"What Pokémon are at the oasis?" a boy asked

"The more common ones are Phanpy, Hoppip and Surskit." Wes replied, "But there been sightings of Pokémon like Goldeen and Pidgey. I myself thought i saw a Pikachu once there. The oasis has be growing ever since it was found."

Bennett sighed, there was no way he was travelling by bus again, and Maverick wasn't strong enough to carry both him and a member of staff. Besides, the oasis Pokémon sounded kinda wimpy. Bennett flipped open his PokéGear and after connecting to the P*DA network that Orre supported, managed to bring up the map. Just as he did however, a familiar voice threw a question at Wes.

"Any threats? I've heard the Wanderer frequents the Poke Spots. The Wanderer uses Shadow Pokémon." Tony inquired

"The wanderer? Who on earth is that?" Bennett thought to himself.

"Just point me to him and I'll show him why one should never mix battling with dancing," Wes replied. Bennett came to the conclusion that whoever this wanderer is, he certainly sounds weird.

Bennett checked his PokéGear's map again, the cave didn't look too far away, and there was bound to be something stronger then a Hoppip or a Surskit there. "Any more?" Wes asked the crowd

Bennett stuck his hand up, like he was in a class room, Wes looked at him "May we use a Pokémon as our method of travel?" Bennett had a plan in mind, he'd just need to call in a quick favour before he left.

"All tournament participants and staff members please come down to the main lobby for the rules of the first round. Volunteer staff too."

Cerebus joined Bennett towards the main lobby

"The first round rules are to catch a wild Pokémon and train it for this battle. The battle will be a 1v1 using only the new Pokémon."

"I thought there were no wild Pokémon, in the Orre Region?" a young girl interjected

"Then get better information." Wes replied, the crowd laughed in response "Anyway, there are three positive locations in Orre were wild Pokémon live. The closest one is the Oasis Spot. You will go with one staff member in order from them to prove you caught a wild Pokémon. We have the partners already made. Any questions?"

"What Pokémon are at the oasis?" a boy asked

"The more common ones are Phanpy, Hoppip and Surskit." Wes replied, "But there been sightings of Pokémon like Goldeen and Pidgey. I myself thought i saw a Pikachu once there. The oasis has be growing ever since it was found."

"Any threats? I've heard the Wanderer frequents the Poke Spots. The Wanderer uses Shadow Pokémon." Tony inquired

Bennett gave a look on his face that said something like this: "The wanderer? Who on earth is that?"

Cerebus then saw how Bennett stuck his hand up, like he was in a class room, Wes looked at him "May we use a Pokémon as our method of travel?" Bennett had a plan in mind, he'd just need to call in a quick favour before he left.

"Great, now I have to wait with my question."

Tailon

Gryffindork
Dean confirmed the young man was in fact Bennet, but before the guy he assumed was Cerberus could respond, an announcement came on over the loudspeaker.

"All tournament participants and staff members please come down to the main lobby for the rules of the first round. Volunteer staff too." Dean followed Bennet and Cerberus toward the lobby, where a young man stood with a loudspeaker ."Alright, on behalf of the Blackshield company, I thank you all for coming. My name is Wes and this tournament is one base of off all the skills a pro battler needs; good catching, good training and the ability to adapt to the battle's stats. The first to elements will be shown in the first and final rounds. While all rounds will include the three elements in different forms. Each round will be told when it starts." Wes? The very same Wes who had defeated Team Cipher and captured the three legendary birds? This would definitely be interesting.

"I thought there were no wild Pokémon, in the Orre Region?" said a girl from the crowd.

Wes quickly retorted with "Then get better information," prompting a laugh from the crowd "Anyway, there are three positive locations in Orre were wild Pokémon live. The closest one is the Oasis Spot. You will go with one staff member in order from them to prove you caught a wild Pokémon. We have the partners already made. Any questions?" after a boy inquired about the Pokemon that could be caught in the areas, and a young man Dean recognized as Tony inquired about threats in the area, Bennet suddenly raised his hand.

"May we use a Pokémon as our method of travel?" Well, he didn't have to ask now, but this was important.

"May we use a Pokémon as our method of travel?" said one of the trainers that Theo saw in the lounge.

"Yes you may," Wes replied, "but you might need a guide to jet you to one of the other places. But we pared trainer out of this region with a Blackshield member, So there's your guide." The trainer seem happy at the reply. "I'll take two more Questions before we go over the pairings."

"All tournament paricipants and staff members please come down to the main lobby for the rules of the first round. Volunteer staff too," came the announcement from the loudspeakers. Kay huffed at the last part. "Guess that means me, too."

She made her way downstairs, where more trainers had gathered. Theo, Bennett, and the other few trainers she had met upstairs where scattered in the crowd. Up in front was a man, standing nearby the counter, holding a microphone. Is that Wes? Kay wondered. She had heard a lot of things about the man throughout her travels. Apparently, he had taken down both Team Snagem and Team Cipher single-handedly.

"Alright, on behalf of the Blackshield company, I thank you all for coming. My name is Wes and this tournament is one base of off all the skills a pro battler needs, good catching, good training and the ability to adapt to the battle's stats. The first to elements will be shown in the first and final rounds. While all rounds will include the three element in different forms. Each round will be told when it starts."

One trainer was about to make his leave as soon as Wes paused for a moment, saying "Well, see ya at the coloseum." A women who, Kay figured, worked for Blackshield interrupted him and asked him to stay and listen.

"The first round rules are to catch a wild pokemon and train it for this battle. The battle will be a 1v1 using only the new pokemon," Wes continued, being interrupted by a girl from the crowd. "I thought there were no wild Pokemon in the Orre Region?" It was clear she hadn't been in Orre for very long.

"Then get better information," Wes replied as the major portion of the crowd laughed. Kay leaned back quietly. It wasn't much to laugh about. "Anyway, there are three positive loctions in Orre were wild Pokemon live. The closest one is the Oasis Spot. You will go with one staff member in order for them to prove you caught a wild Pokemon. We have the partners already made. Any questions?"

Kay listened intently. So, I'm going to be following one of these trainers around, to make sure they caught a wild Pokemon...

There were a lot of questions: about what types of Pokemon were available in Orre, where the other two positive spots to catch Pokemon were, if it was possible to use your own Pokemon as a method of travel. Wes calmly answered each of these questions in turn. Then one of the trainers she had met upstairs spoke, asking a question, that to her, was unusual.

"Any threats? I've heard the Wanderer frequents the Poke Spots. The Wanderer uses Shadow Pokemon," he said. "Just point me to him and I'll show him why one should never mix battling with dancing," was what Wes said, with a laugh.

"I'll take two more questions before we go over the pairings." Kay looked over the crowd. It seemed that most of the questions had been answered and they were now planning where to go, or sizing up their competition.

((OOC: Well that was fun. I got to read all of those posts. x.x ))

"I'll take two more questions before we go over the pairings."

"Well yes, I have one: what if people, like me, were not counting on the fact that we had to catch a wild Pokémon, and dident take any pokéballs?" Cerebus asked.

OOC: By the looks of it no more questions. There are more people but I will only tell who the people in this post who they are paired with.

BIC: "Well yes, I have one: what if people, like me, were not counting on the fact that we had to catch a wild Pokémon, and dident take any pokéballs?" Said another trainer that Theo had seen in the lounge.

"We already planed that," Wes replied the trainer's question. "If you don't have any pokeballs, you will be given six. Use them wisely. We don't want any out of region trainer in Pyrite town shopping for pokeballs." Theo suddenly thought of a question. he was about raise his hand when wes started talking. "If Orre people were going to ask; Can we use poke chow for bait? You are not able to bait the pokemon in anyway." Theo lowered his hand and mumbled under his breath. "I had planed to do so."

"If that is all the Questions I will begin with the pairings." Wes said taking a list. Theo wait as the names were called one by one. "Tony and Fredrick. Dean and Cali. Cerebus and William. Bennettt and Yoko." Finally,after waiting for ever, his name was called. "Theo and Kay."
"Lucky me," Theo said to him self. "I already met that person.

(( Can we make how these guys look like up ourself? ))

"Aah great, now who is this William fellow?" Cerebus asked himself, looking around the lobby. A lot of people were looking around looking for their partner, the Cerebus spotted a small man not standing more than 1m 50 high. "Time for me to play goodie now." Cerebus said to himself walking up to the tiny man.
"Excuse me, but who are you looking for? Maybe I could help you?". "I dont think you have heard of him, but his name is Cerebus." The man said. "Well then this is your lucky day, for I am Cerebus, and then you would be William?". Yes indeed, I am William.". "Could you excuse me for just a minute, now?" Cerebus said, and after he acknowliged that Cerebus went to one of the videophones.

"Okay, 555 93 21 05 86." Cerebus said inhimself while dailing the number, "Come on Damion pick up the phone, the thing with the screen, about two metres from your desk (( Okay bad 'Hudson Hawk' reference)).
"Hello, Damion Kane here.". "Aah Damion, thank god you took up, can you send Weavile, Swampert, Metagross, Blaziken, Flygon and Tyranitar.". "Oky dokey, Cere, just return your other Pokémon and I will send them over."
Cerebus nodded as he placed his Pokéballs on the substraction thing. "Sending over now."

Tailon

Gryffindork
Dean looked about only to see a raven haired young woman walking toward him, her nametag read simply "Cali".
"Hi, you must be the Cali I'm looking for." Dean said to the girl.
"Why yes, I am, you must be Dean," Cali replied "will we be taking the bus or…"
"Actually, no, come with me," Dean interjected, dashing past her and out the door, taking a Poke Ball and a Net Ball, running several feet outside, he launched them both in the air, where they released a Scyther and a Gallade in an immense flash of light. "Alright Psych, hold this up with Psychic," Dean said, taking a bright orange whistle from a pocket of his backpack. "Now Hover, send a Silver Wind, and Psych, direct it into the whistle!"
The young Gallade's eyes glowed a light blue, and the whistle floated from Dean's palm, in front of Hover, who immediately began to flap her wings at high speed, unleashing a sparkling wind, which Psych redirected through the whistle, producing a mighty sound wave that rang for miles. A few minutes later, an awesome roar was heard, followed by a massive dark cyan dragon with red wings.
"This is Salamence, he's resting most of the time, but I can call on him for a ride when I need it, can you direct us to the Rock Poke Spot?"
"Certainly," Cali replied "It's a mile or two that way," she said, pointing of to the west.
They both hopped on Salamence, who lifted off with a single mighty flap, and took off westward. Several minutes later the Dragon Pokemon made a landing in a small canyon. Dean jumped off, and immediately scanned the area, before seeing a purple blur in a bush.
"Perfect…"

OOC: I assume we're just making these other characters up.

BIC: "If that is all the Questions I will begin with the pairings." Wes announced as he took out a list of names and started calling them one by one.

"Tony and Fredrick, Dean and Cali, Cerebus and William, Bennett and Yoko."

"That's us!" Bennett said to Caelin as he looked around for the staff member he was to be partnered with.

Before long, he was tapped on the shoulder and he spun on his heel to see who wanted his attention. He was greeted by the sight of a young girl who seemed about a year younger than him. She had long auburn hair tied back in a ponytail, her eyes were blue and like Bennett she wore a pair of jeans and a white T-shirt. Unlike him, she wasn't wearing sneakers, and instead of a blazer she had a blue denim jacket matching her jeans. "Hiya! I'm Yoko" her voice was bubbly, but not annoying "I guess you're Bennett, right?"

"Umm yeah, how'd you know?"

"Well, Bennett sounded like a bit of a nerdy name, and you were the nerdiest looking guy here."

Bennett gave an expression of deep sarcasm "Gee, thanks."

"Oh lighten up a little, it was a joke." Yoko replied before she noticed Caelin "Awww, aren't you a cutie." She said as she fussed over him

Caelin wasn't used to a huge amount of petting and fussing, but he seemed to enjoy it. "His name's Caelin." Bennett said.

"So, we going to the oasis?"

"Actually, I thought the oasis would be boring, the cave sounds much more interesting."

Yoko frowned a little "But that place is just full of Zubat."

"Then that's what I'll catch." Bennett said with a grin "A Zubat could run rings around a Hoppip."

"Well, do you have a ride there?"

"The most stylish one around, I just need to loan it from my brother." Bennett said as he pulled out his PokéGear and headed over to a PC.

Anton was busy cataloguing the CD's in the radio tower's CD library when he felt a vibration in his pocket. He reached down and pulled out his black PokéGear, checked the caller ID and smiled. "Hey bro! Sup'!"

"Not much, hey listen, I gotta be quick, can I borrow Cobalt for a while?"

Anton gave a slight look of confusion "Sure man, but what for?"

"Transport."

Anton chuckled "Alright then, I'll send him over right away."

"Cool thanks man, I owe you." And with that, Bennett shut his Pokégear and logged into the PC. Before long he had managed to deposit two members of his team and withdraw Cobalt. He walked back over to Yoko "You got the Pokéballs?"

"Yeah."

"Then let's roll!" Bennett said as he dragged Yoko outside. Once they were out, Bennett released his brother's prized Metagross, Cobalt. He withdrew his PokéGear once again, this time using it to show Cobalt a map of the area "Think you can get us here?" Bennett asked as he pointed to an area on the map.

Cobalt analysed the map carefully. "Meta!" it said finally in agreement.
Bennett turned to Yoko "Ladies first" he said, gesturing to Cobalt. Yoko clambered onto Cobalt's back and was soon followed by Bennett and Caelin. Cobalt then tucked in his legs and began to levitate before he started gliding rather quickly to where the cave Pokéspot was.

OOC: Yeah feel free to customize the people. They're just side chars and probably would reappear again.

BIC: As soon the crowd started looking for their partners, Theo went right to the door. "Web," he said, "look for that girl we met in the lounge." The spider pokemon nodded before hopping off Theo's shoulder and crawled along the ceiling.
Turning around he went to his bike. He flipped the switch on in his mortar and a slight whine spilled out of the engine. the rear of the bike lifted back up. opening the seat cabinet, he pulled out two helmets. one was his usual one. Red, black tint visor. He personaly thought in made him look more like he was from Team Magma. The other one he thought he would never use and wouldn't give it as a present to his worst enemy. It was blue with a large crack in the back. The visor was gone which forced him to buy thick sliver tint goggles which looked even worst than the helmet.

Looking behind him, Theo saw Wes's bike sitting on the other side of the door. In the side car sat both of Wes's number one pokemon. Umbreon and Espeon.

Ooc: I am going to make William a grupy person who's patience is as big as himself, could turn out funny.

Bic:
"Now where could Cerebus be?" William asked himself.

Meanwhile, outside of the hotel.

"Everybody, come out!"Cerebus said as he threw his Pokéballs in the air. A lot of cries were let out sounding a bit like "Wea, Blaze, Swampert, Tyrani, Flyy, Meta." "I missed you guys so much" Cerebus said while hugging all of his pokemon.

William finally decided to have a look outside for Cerebus.
"Cerebus, hey Cerebus!" He yelled at him.
"Oh sorry, I think I got a bit dragged away, its been ages a go since I last met my old Pokémon."
"Yes, yes, yes, just tell me where we are going, I dont have all day."
"I was planning on going to the canyon, since the oasis sound way to childish."
"Canyon it is then."

"Okay all of you, apart rom Flygon, return, now where is the canyon?"
"Its about 3 kilometers to the north."
"Okay then Flygon take us to the north"

Cerebus and Will then proceded on mounting Flygon.
"Ooh yes, you might wanna cover your eyes" Cerebus said with a sarcastic tone.
"Why would I want to do that?" William replied, just as Flygon took of blowing a enormous amount of sand and dust in to the air, creating what could be called a sandstorm.
"Thats why" Cerebus said while reaching for his goggels in the back of his pocket.

Cerebus and -the now motivationless- William then took of towards the north.

After about ten minutes flying, the motley crew arrived at the Canyon, it was quit a splendid sight to behold, the rock formations must atleast been heading down more than a hunderd meters, with a lot of outcroppings where Geodudes and Rhyhorns could be seen, and even further down a river could be heard flowing, where multiple Magikarps, Buizels and even a Wishcash or two were swinning.

"Okay Flygon land on that outcropping there." Cerebus said gesturing at one of the formations.

Rex

Resident Furry
Tony was partnered with a man named Fredrick. Not wanting to be in the cramped in the lobby any longer, he escaped outside.

He watched as first Dean, then Bennett, then Cerebus take off. He returned Seth to his pokeball, and called out Blitz, his own Flygon. Eventually only he and a biker were left. A young man walked over to him, he was thin, so Blitz should be able to carry them both.

"Are you Tony?" the man asked.
"Yup, I'm guessing you Fredrick?" he replied.
"You got it, so I guess we aren't taking the bus?"
"Nope, we're heading here," Tony pulled out a map he had "borrowed" from another trainer's pocket, showing Fredrick the spot he wanted to check out.
"The Desert Area?" the man asked.
"Yup."

He handed the man a pair of goggles, putting some on himself. He showed Blitz their location, and where he wanted to go, before climbing onto Blitz' back. He helped Fredrick up, and they were off.

Wes took out a list. "If that is all the questions, I will begin with the pairings."

The black haired girl stood there, absent-mindedly playing with her fingers as she waited for the names to be called. She worried about who she would be partnered up with.

"Tony and Fredrick. Dean and Cali. Cerebus and William. Bennett and Yoko. Theo and Kay."

Kay let out a sigh of relief. She was glad she didn't have to go with someone she hadn't met yet. Meeting new people wasn't really her specialty. "So where's Theo..." she mumbled to herself as she felt something pull on her leg. The breeder looked down to see an Ariados pulling at her. It looked familiar.

"Oh...you're Theo's Ariados, Web, right?" she asked the spider pokemon. It nodded and she followed Web outside, where Theo was waiting for them on his bike. "Sorry I took a while..." Kay muttered the apology. She took out an item ball and from it came a helmet. It was black, the tint visor an even darker shade.

The black-haired breeder pulled loose her ponytail, the helmet tucked under one arm. "So where are we going?" she asked Theo timidly. As she waited for him to decide, she noticed Wes' bike nearby. In the side car were his well-known pokemon, Umbreon and Espeon.

"Sorry I took a while..." said Kay as she approached Theo.

"Huh.. wha." Theo said Sapping out of his stare at the two pokemon in sidecar on Wes's bike.

"So where are we going?" Kay asked Theo timidly. Theo realized who it was.

"Um.. yeah." Theo said stumbling over his words. Noticing the helmet tucked in her arms, he sighed as he threw the old blue one back under the set. "The oasis is the only place I know were bug and normal types are so that's were we are going."

He push a button near the front of his bike. The rear of the bike two handle bar popped out from the sides near the end of the bike and a back broad slid out from the back. "Though it looked like a one person bike, it's really a two man bike." Theo tried to look proud of his ride. "Web return," Theo side returning his spider pokemon to it's ball.

"Okay Weavile, Blaziken and Swampert come out."
The three pokémon then appeard with a flash of red light.
"Okay, Swampert check the water area, Blaziken and Weavile check the outcroppings and get back here after about five minutes. Swampert then jumped down into the water with a massive splash, while Blaziken and Weavile jump from outcrop to outcrop. This was all part of Cerebus his plan, he would use them to find a suttible partner, while they would train a bit themself.

After about five minutes the three pokémon came back to Cerebus, "Aah that was quick, did you find any good pokémon?", the three pokémon shoke their heads in disapointment, "Well then thats to bad."

Just as Cerebus was about to recall his pokémon, a Rhyhorn jumped from one of the out croppings useing a Megahorn on Weavile blowing him to the other side of the outcropping.

"Whoa, I think I just found my partner, Blaziken get Weavile, Swampert, battle position."
Blaziken then jumped after Weavile.

The Rhyhorn then charged at Swampert useing a other Megahorn .
"Okay Swampert dodge it, then use Waterfall." Swampert quickly moved out of the way, the Megahorn crushing a rock, as Swampert jumped down into the water, preparring the watercoat, he then jumped back out of the water, rushing at the Drill Pokémon, hitting him badly, but the Rhyhorn did maneg to get back on its legs. It let of a terrifing roar as the horn on its forehead started to turn and it turned fast, then as the horn was making a few hunderd turns per second it charged at Swampert. Cerebus was so shocked by the move he dident have the time to react, causing the Rhyhorn to hit Swampert with its massive horn, fainting Swampert.

"You did a good effort Swampert, dont worry, your sacrifice wont go in vain, go Metagross!"

Cerebus then threw the ball in the air revealing the pokémon with another flash of light.

"Okay Metagross, dont waste any time, use Bullet Punch, then switch over to Meteor Mash."
The Metagross gave a little Meta in reply, and then rushed at the Rhydon, giving it a massive hit and the switched to hit with its other fist smashing the Rhydon to the other side of the cliff, almost making it fall of. It was out.

"Okay William, give me the Pokéball."
"Sure thing" He said handing Cerebus the pokéball, "Bring me luck." Cerebus said to the pokéball and then threw it at the Rhydon, absorbing it in to the ball with a red beam, it was shaking atleast 30 secondes before giving the ooh so satisfing 'blim'.

OOC:Sorry it took me so long to post. I was on holiday without an internet connection.

BIC:Cobalt landed with a resounding ‘thud' outside the cave that Bennett and Yoko were about to explore. "You wait here, we'll be back in about 10 minutes." Bennett told the large iron leg Pokémon.

Yoko shivered as they entered the cave. It was pretty deep and void of light, the noisy cry of a Zubat was heard as they entered. "It's cold in here." She complained

"Sorry about that, but you'll have to live with it." Bennett replied. There was the sound of movement from under a pile of rocks. Bennett grinned at what he saw; a small Aron had tenaciously emerged to challenge them. Its eyes narrowed as it sized up the opponents it would have to fight if it was to defend its territory. Bennett looked down at Caelin, who already had his club at the ready.

Without warning, the Aron broke into a Take Down attack heading straight for Bennett. Yoko let out a small squeak as it moved so suddenly, whilst Bennett quickly barked an order to his companion to save himself from being knocked over.

"Protect!"

Caelin quickly jumped in the Aron's path, holding his bone out like a rowing oar. The Aron collided with Caelin, but rather than knocking him over, it found that it had been brought to a complete stop. Caelin's weight had prevented him from being hurt. Bennett smiled "I guess all those chocolate bars were good for something." He called, Caelin shot him a look of disapproval in response. "Alright buddy, give em' a bone rush" Bennett commanded

The Aron gave many small cries of pain as Caelin dealt out weak, but quick blows with his club. "Now bat it away." Caelin held his club like a baseball bat and sent the small Aron flying. Amazingly enough, the Aron got back up, despite the bashing it had received. This time it opened its mouth and let loose a horrible Metal Sound. Bennett, Caelin and Yoko all covered their ears (or where their ears would be) to shield themselves from the horrid noise. The Aron, seeing it's opportunity, started gathering all of the light energy it could muster into a. . .

"Crap! Cael, counter that Flash Cannon with Bonemerang!" Bennett yelled, his voice echoing through the cave. The Aron released all of the energy into a powerful ball of silver light, headed toward Caelin. Caelin tossed his bone through the air, aiming straight through the centre of the Flash Cannon. The ball of light and the spinning bone collided, with the bone coming out on top as it dispersed the Flash Cannon and continued on its trajectory, striking the Aron and knocking it down.

"Yoko, quick! Pokéball!" Bennett said as Yoko fumbled around in her little bag before she retrieved one. Bennett grabbed it as threw it with considerable force at the Aron he intended to capture. The ball bounced off the Aron before it opened up and enveloped the small iron critter in a red light and drew it in. The ball then started wriggling about as its captor attempted to escape. Unfortunately, unlike Bennett had planned, the ball exploded in a show of sparks, light and metal.

Bennett was left slightly a gasp "It completely shattered the ball." He was more impressed than anything. The Aron charged at them again, this time it was travelling at a much higher speed and was starting to emit some light.
"Wow, it knows Iron Head. Cael, Bone Club!" Bennett called. Caelin gripped his club and this time brought it down on the Aron's head as it approached, knocking it down again. Bennett tossed another Pokéball, this time having more success. The ball enveloped the Aron once again and started wriggling. After a couple of shakes, it stopped and there was a small ‘click' as the ball successfully captured the Pokémon.

As Cobalt took Bennett and Yoko back to the hotel, Bennett looked at the Pokéball in his hands. "Guess I'll have to give you a name." He thought to himself.

Tailon

Gryffindork
OOC: Sorry I took so long, I've been focused on other things.

Dean took a Poke Ball from his pocket, and tossed it in the air, releasing his Pichu. "Alright Sparks, show that Gligar your Attract."

The Tiny Mouse Pokemon took aim, then created a yellow heart between his hands, and launched it into the bushes. A Gligar hovered out, hearts in her eyes, and went to hug Sparky. "Quick Attack" Dean commanded. Sparky launched himself into the FlyScorpion Pokemon, a white streak behing him. The little Flying type instantly fell out of love, and with one claw surrounded by black sparks, struck Sparky on the back, taking the item he held. Dean smirked "Just as planned…Iron Tail, to the chin." Sparky complied, his tail glowing white, he spun, striking the young Gligar, who dropped like a rock, spirals in her eyes.

"Poke Ball, please" Dean said to Cali.

"Sure," she replied, handing him the red and white ball, which he then tossed at the little purple Pokemon, capturing it.

"Um...yeah" he started, stuttering as he spoke. Kay laughed to herself as he tossed the blue helmet aside, back into the seat. She never would have worn that thing anyways. The girl would have rather risked getting hurt than wear the attrocious looking helmet.

"The oasis is the only place I know where bug and normal types are so that's where we are going." Theo said in reply to her question. "Though it looked like a one person bike, it's really a two man bike," he added as he returned Web to its pokeball.

"Alright, the oasis is straight that way, about a mile or two out." Kay pointed in the eastern direction, grateful that the sun hadn't begun its descent down the sky yet, as she got on the bike. "Let's go."

Rex

Resident Furry
Once the two reached the Desert area, Tony returned Blitz to his pokeball, sending out Seth and Jake in his place. He heard Fredrick gasp at the sight of the abnormally colored Lucario. Jake grinned, he had gotten used to the attention his coloration got him, and even enjoyed it. Seth immediately dug into Tony's pack, pulling out a Manga book. He had no idea if the Pokemon actually understood the words or just liked the pictures.

"Okay Jake, find a the nearest Pokemon and shoot it with an Aura Sphere, that should get its attention."

The Lucario nodded, using his aura sensory powers to find the closest Pokemon. Eventually he fired an Aura Sphere at a nearby rock. The rock shattered under the force of the attack, revealing a Sandshrew.

"Force Palm!"

Jake dashed at the Sandshrew smashing it in the forehead with the attack. It quickly retaliated with Fury Swipes.

"Endure!"

The Lucario crossed his arms in front of himself, stopping the Sandshrew from hitting anything vital.

"Counter!"

With supreme speed, Jake blocked the Sandshrew's next strike, and hit it hard in the chest. The Sandshrew flew backwards, smashing into a rock. It stood back up and attacked again, this time with Rollout.

"Detect!"

The Lucario sidestepped the attack. The Sandshrew spun around, coming in for a second rush.

"Counter it!"

Jake hit the spinning Sandshrew with his paw, stopping it.

"Sky Uppercut!"

The Sandshrew was flung into the air.

"Finish it, Hi Jump Kick!"

Jake jumped into the air after the Pokemon. He brought his foot down on it, sending it into the ground. He landed a foot from it. Tony pulled out a Great Ball, and threw it at the downed Pokemon. The Sandshrew disappeared in a flash of red light, being sucked into the ball. The ball twitched, and then was silent.

Tony picked up the ball, and released the Pokemon inside, the Sandshrew looked slightly pissed at him, but immediately brightened up when he gave it a Pokeblock to eat. He pulled out a Super Potion, and cured the Pokemon of the bruises it had received.

"Now, what do I name you," He asked the Pokemon.
"Any ideas?" he asked, turning to the two others.
"No idea," said Seth, not really paying attention.

Jake shrugged.

"You name your Pokemon?" Fredrick asked.
"Every one, oh, I forgot to introduce you to my team," Tony replied, pulling out the Poke Balls of his other two Pokemon. He released them, revealing the forms of Blitz and Flynt.

"The Flygon is Blitz, the Quilava is Flynt, the Lucario is Jake, and the Buizel is Seth."

Fredrick nodded hello at the four of them. At a loss for idea's for a name for the Sandshrew, Tony looked at the book, Seth at chosen. On the page was a red haired man in a black cloak. The man was holding a puppet.

"I know," he exclaimed, spinning to face the Sandshrew, "I'll call you Sasori!"
Seth grinned, "real original."
"Hey, I didn't see you try to help," he retaliated, "Anyway, we should be heading back."
Fredrick nodded, "agreed."

Tony recalled his team, save Blitz. He packed the Manga book back into his pack, and climbed back onto the Flygon's back, then helped Fredrick up. He pulled out the map, showing Blitz the location of the Hotel, and where they were. The Flygon took off.

"Hmm lets see here." Cerebus said as he took a laptop like thing from his backpack, Cerebus then placed the Pokéball holding his new Rhyhorn in a slot where a pokéball perfectly fitted in. As the program activated a small scaner popped out of the laptop, scaning the pokéball. When it completed the scan a lot of info appeard on the screen, rainging from Pictures of Rhyhorns, pokédex information, weights and heigths, evolutionary familys and the learned moves.

"Wow, wow, William check this out," Cerebus said against his guide, "These are very good moves, Scary Face, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Horn Drill, Take Down, Megahorn and Dig. I think I caught one of the strongest Pokémon from the canyon." Cerebus said.

Blaziken then appeard with Weavile in his arms. "Aah, good you came back, Blaziken, Weavile return, go Flygon."

"Time to take us back old fellow." Cerebus said.
Flygon then turned his body towards the ground, making it able for Cerebus and William to mount him.

"Take us back to the hotel, please." Cerebus inquired.

"Let's go." Kay said as she hopped on the bike. Theo got on in front and stared revving the bike alive. Shortly after they sped off through the desert.

The trip it there was totally uneventful. Kay and Theo remained silent as dust blew past their faces. When they arrive at the oasis, Theo quickly hopped of and pulled out one of his pokemon. "Smeargle!" He said as the painting pokemon appeared in front of him. It stood up straight and place it's tail above his eye as if he was saluting. "Smear" it said with stern voice. "Smeargle cut formalities with me okay," Theo said. The pokemon lowered it's tail but kept it's posture.

"Okay, our target is probably a surkit or any normal type here."Theo said to his pokemon after checking it's moves. Beside know the good combat moves, the Smeargle had learn some great moves for catching. "Use Mean Look first to prevent it from runing follow by sing to immobilize it then finish it off with False Swipe. K?" the pokemon just nodded.

OOC:Fallen Angel, pick the pokemon! Keep it at a first stage pokemon that evolves.

((OOC: Just ta let you know, I'm not the best at making decisions x3. But...I has a good idea as to what Pokemon you'd prefer, Abnaki))

Kay remained quiet as they sped through the desert, Theo not saying a word as well. Finally, the oasis came into view and the black-haired breeder hopped off the bike, checking out her surroundings. Theo released a Smeargle from his pokeball. It raised its tail, which was in the form of a paint brush up to its eye in a makeshift salute to its trainer, standing up straight and tall.

She laughed while Theo told the Smeargle to stop. "Okay, our target is probably a Surskit or any normal type here," he informed his Pokemon. The breeder could tell Theo was skilled, and Smeargle was no push-over when she heard the instructions he gave it.

"Use Mean Look first to prevent it from running followed by Sing to immobilize it, then finish it off with False Swip. K?" Theo said as the painter pokemon simply nodded.

Kay's eyes tore away from the two as she heard something coming towards them. She scanned the enviroment and saw an Eevee approach, looking a bit pissed off at the thought of unknown people in its territory. "Uh...Theo..." she said quietly, tugging on his arm and pointing at the Eevee with the other.

((OOC: Ah, you are welcome ;) ))

OOC: Thanks for the eevee, But I was letting you come up with the pokemon. But still Thanks.XD

BIC: "Uh... Theo..." Kay said as she was pulling on Theo arm. He turned his head to see the eevee, pissed of in some manner, standing there waiting for something to attack it.
Thinking fast he slowly moved Kay out of the way. He muttered to her as he past her, "I 'm a local and I never seen a eevee here in any of the spots."
The tiny thing was pissed off already, so Mean look would not only keep it from running but also make it attack in blind fury. Motioning to his Smeargle, he pulled out a nest ball. "Smeargle, Thunder Wave." The painting pokemon moved fast sending the low energize wave of lighting toward the eevee. It just stood there and took the shock. It looked stun but it just shook it self free. It the went in close for a bite attack. Smeargle effortlessly dodged the small pokemon and counter attack with it's Fasle Swipe.
The battle continued like this for three minutes before Theo thought it was ready. He threw ball at it. The eevee saw it coming and jumped out of the way. Theo stood stun for a moment when he remember seeing the eeve shack it's self. It used Refresh. He ran over to the pokeball picked it back up. It looked fine because it hit the sand, but he was tacking not chances. He pocked the Nest ball and took out one that looked like it costed ten thousand Poke, and it did.
"Smeargle," he said again, "use Thunder Wave." the jolt hit the eevee but this time Theo gave it no time to recover from the hit. He chucked the ball with all his might and at the same time pulling his shoulder out (some how).
The ball landed squarely in the side as the eevee vanished in a flash of red light. The ball shook viciously, but it soon became quiet. Theo sighed while holding his arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.