• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Show us your Pokemon! (Pokedex 3D)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm very tempted to turn this into a contest at some point in the future, when more people own a 3DS, but for now...

Pokedex_3D_AR_Marker_example.JPG

(Yeah, this is the best I have so far ;p)​

The topic is simple. Share some of your Pokedex 3D pics! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
How are people getting reading the AR markers on a screen to work for them? Any time I've tried it, I just get a top-down view of the Pokemon.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Nick Fury said:
How are people getting reading the AR markers on a screen to work for them? Any time I've tried it, I just get a top-down view of the Pokemon.

Nick Fury said:

Okay, did a test, and I was right. It depends on the angle your 3DS cameras are hitting the AR Marker. If the markers are upright, like they were when displayed on my monitor, the Pokemon will stare into the cameras. If the markers are lying on a flat surface, the Pokemon will be displayed top-down. Or at the very least, that's how it just worked for me.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Bumping, because nobody else has posted pictures yet and... I kinda got silly once I realized you could immediately unlock Zekrom and Reshiram. XD

eg26bl.jpg

n5k7lj.jpg

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
They look awesome, Katie XD

I said to myself my first Photo would be of Archen or Archeops, and as such I can't post pictures until I have one of them. But rest assured, once I do there shall be many photos :D

You might want to look at the picture in the first post, Secad xD

Although apparently if the camera is at a certain angle, the Pokemon would end up looking like they're sticking to the wall rather than appear like they're standing on a platform.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
[me=Linkachu]curses Tiny Pic >=O[/me]

Guess I'll need to boot up my photobucket account from now on. I hate borked images. XP

Anyways, sweet Dewott, Brendan. Love the pose you managed to capture. ♥

Samurott is actually using a weapon. I have no idea what it is called, but it looks like a paddle.

>_< Thanks for pointing that out, RX. Apparently my eyes can be fooled on flat surface to imagine a piece of paper 'aiming' the image. Now I see that the technology in the 3DS changes the icon code into a Pokeball with a Pokemon on it.