• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Should I Import XD?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Well?

It's only a couple of months away, and it would be extremely handy for the site to have...

But, I managed alright without Colosseum for the time between it's release in Japan and here... And playing it in Japanese may ruin it when it comes to getting it to play in English.

I'll certainly have the capability to import it this year, as I definitely am doing with Diamond in November... but...

What do you lot think?

With this game being developed by Miyamoto and some ex-Enix members, I want to enjoy the story without any spoilers. If you don't mind that, then import away.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
"QuagsireQing said:
With this game being developed by Miyamoto and some ex-Enix members"]

That's pretty cool really. With Shiggy around it probably will be a lot better than last time ^^

Anyways, about the importing... Since this game will probably be more plot-involved than the GB games it'd be a waste trying to play through it yet not understand anything. Having an import would be good for game content, but you wouldn't get much out of it beyond that. I'd only advise getting it if you have the money to spare because chances are, if it's good, you'll want to buy it later on in English anyways.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I have This Plan to do an intensive Japanese course over the summer, so I'm sort of hoping I'll be able to read Japanese well enough to be able to play games by the autumn... Having said that, the part of my brain that deals with languages seems to have stopped after French, Latin & Greek - I tried to learn German and Italian at university and got nowhere. Having said that, I'm almost fluent in Braille just from Pokemon playing, and reading Braille whereever I find it out and about (did you know that actual Braille has special symbols for commonly used combinations of consonants like "th", "er" and "st"? Also that it has no numbers - numbers in Braille are "number symbol" followed by the letters A to I (I don't know what 0 is, probably O)).

So, um, the short answer is I don't know.