• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Should 'Charms have a Non-Pokemon stories board?

Would you use a general story board?

• Yes, I'd use it

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, I'm not interested

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
With the arival of Team Rocket's Executive and his/her Halo fanfic I think it's about time this was addressed.

Should we make a board for Non-Pokemon stories or do people feel it'd never be used? A lone story doesn't warrant making one, but if others are interested it's worth looking into.

Vote on the poll, but remember that opinions in writing have more weight.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I would definately use a new Fan Fiction forum. Any stories I have to write for my literacy class could go there and I could be told how to make them better XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I just don't want to make one if people aren't going to use it, and considering the actively of the Pokemon fanfic forum I'm very much skeptical. Is there a reason why people aren't posting their PokeFics? I know some of you guys must have some :?

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I think you should make the fan fic forum a general fan fic forum, so include both pokemon and none pokemon fan fics. Just a thought mind.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
That'd be fine by me. The only reason it's set up the way it is now is for site submissions.

Thoughts, Oakey?

If I had the time and could get rid of my writers Berlin wall I'd love to start a story.

But as is, tasks like this would probably make my life worser.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I feel fairly strongly that non-Pokemon fanfic should go somewhere separate to Pokemon fanfic. Dunno why. Just it would bug me immensely to be reading (say) one of the many Harry Potter fanfic sites I go to and find something on there that wasn't HP-related. I know it seems like a moot point when the existing board is hardly at all used, but...

The reason I haven't written any Pokemon fanfic because I very rarely write any of my stories down. That's because they all suck. I would happily critic other people's stuff though (spent several years proof-reading and helping people improve short stories in my college science fiction society). Also, if you give me a piece of text with one word spelled wrongly, I'll see that even before I've read the rest of the page.

Digging through the archives of said science fiction society, I find (for your delight & delectation):

The only story I've ever written that didn't suck.

Two really awful science fiction love stories (first one probably unsuitable for kiddies).

and an interesting idea that didn't quite work (you can tell that by the awful ending).

hrm.