• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open (Shipwrecked on) Staryu Sands Discussion

Thanks for joining the RP! Here you can discuss:
  • Character bios
  • Suggestions
  • Which pokémon you want to catch
  • Plot devices
  • Anything you want!
Feel free to ask any questions as well.

Yeah the forest is extremely dense maybe once darkness falls the fire light will be more noticeable? Maybe not. But either way, he and Growlithe will start scouting the area soon.

Haha no rush. Im at one of the highest points on the island and had to traverse a small stretch of forest before I could even make the ascent. Also... Growlithe handled most of the Pokémon in the immediate area... he’s been chasing everything away... he’s territorial like that.

Jkjk... I don’t want to be that gruesome... we don’t eat Pokemon... but we do have some nice roasted berries and wild greens waiting when everyone shows up.

Well, meanwhile my little Pokémon is attempting to show something to the Drampa that could help Ashton.

Also, I think I might be updating the Squirtle’s status a bit much to be honest.

We already fed him a bunch of Pecha berries but they seemingly don't work on humans since he's continued to remain sick...

ORRR maybe they normally do but the Beedrills on this island are more venomous than normal because somewhere deep within the mountain there are the remains of an ancient (though technologically advanced) civilization that is home to a massive Beedrill hive subsisting off of the toxic waste that they left behind.

OOORRRRRR the berries just don't work on humans...

(I think the ancient civilization option'd be cool though... Or something similar?)

We already fed him a bunch of Pecha berries but they seemingly don't work on humans since he's continued to remain sick...

ORRR maybe they normally do but the Beedrills on this island are more venomous than normal because somewhere deep within the mountain there are the remains of an ancient (though technologically advanced) civilization that is home to a massive Beedrill hive subsisting off of the toxic waste that they left behind.

OOORRRRRR the berries just don't work on humans...

(I think the ancient civilization option'd be cool though... Or something similar?)
Agreed!

Yeah we don’t want go in a direction that leads nowhere.. it would make sense though. The Beedrill are savage on this island. I’m lucky I chose a fire type... for now.

Hmm... I might maybe consider putting in another Pokémon character soon, as they will likely be in the forest nearby. (Information on them will be gradually revealed in an indirect manner.)

I will also get on updating the status box for said character when I introduce him and also start putting in the positive and negative traits from their personalities, strengths, weaknesses and hobbies. (Former and present)

Hmm... I might maybe consider putting in another Pokémon character soon, as they will likely be in the forest nearby. (Information on them will be gradually revealed in an indirect manner.)

I will also get on updating the status box for said character when I introduce him and also start putting in the positive and negative traits from their personalities, strengths, weaknesses and hobbies. (Former and present)
I just had Drampa get separated from the rest of the gang. He's injured and incapable of flight atm after crash-landing in some new part of the island. He'll probably find some cool sht there. Maybe it would be cool if he met Pacen out there?

Hmm totally, I’ll have Pacen go then since he’s not as fond of the humans yet.

Seth is starting to get into a deeper state of sleep, so I might not be able to control him for quite a few posts.

To the person who's Charizard is casually swooping in and rescuing Drampa and Pacen: Drampas weigh like 400lbs... And Charizards only weigh 200... I'm not so sure he'd be able to carry them XD

Yeah, this is what I'm a bit concerned with at the moment. Also, I'm kinda working on Pacen's information for the status thing since I had just finished with Seth's traits like a minute before I got so many messages at once.

Yeah that’s fine. Me and Growlithe were just observing for now... we would see y’all coming. We had to know if the charzard was a friend or foe before we needlessly clashed with that titan

Hey guys I haven't really been keeping track of this thread. I don't want to give too much away but the map and key Corey found are really important, especially in helping everyone off the island. I want all the characters to meet up together so we can all discuss it and try and use the map.

Ok then but John still has to get some more Pokémon on the island like a machop, aron and a fomantis and also help Seth with his conditions as well so it might take a while.

@Brecker @Acceleration @Mpro20 @alisterBLUE @Kiraru @OtisRolePlays Hey guys. I'm really upset about the thread being shut down. It wasn't my fault. I reported Shadow Dragon's posts about the legendary birds and nothing was done about it, instead the mods decided to shut my entire roleplay down because ONE PERSON couldn't stick to the rules. I might make another RP or give everyone some closure on Staryu Sands, but I'm just gonna get Christmas out the way first. I'm really upset that one person decided to ruin something that gave me a lot of joy. Thank you all for your awesome contributions and I hope we RP together soon.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
I’m really sad that the RP got taken down, my notifications still aren’t working well and it didn’t even alert me that you guys were still Role Playing on that thread. So that means I didn’t even get to see what Shadow Dragon was doing wrong or what was happening. I hope that we can all RP soon, or one day we can make a Remake of Shipwrecked On Staryu Sands... (But at least we still have Pokemon Wars...)

Just to give everyone some closure:

The plot of Staryu Sands was eventually going to end in an encounter with Suicune (mod approved!). The Legendary had been imprisoned in the cave for decades. The original inhabitants of the island needed a supply of fresh water, so they captured Suicune and used it to purify their water. However, Suicune cursed them, and they all died out. Our group (which is why I wanted everyone to stick together) was going to release Suicune from the cave, and as a thank-you, it would send out an ocean-wide distress signal. Soon enough, our adventurers would be rescued by a nearby ship, and everyone would be reunited with their family and friends!

I had a clear ending to the RP and I'm really sad it had to finish, but if we say that this is what happened, we can probably do a sequel with the same characters. No legendary birds this time lmao.