1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shiny's Sprites

Discussion in 'Creative Archive' started by Shiny, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Welp, my name is Shiny and I've been spriting for about 8 months now. I've learned a couple tricks and stuff along the way.

Anyways, here's what i can do:

Recolors
    [​IMG]
    These can be recolored as another Pokemon or with a color scheme of your choosing.

Fusions
    [​IMG]
    A creation of 1 or more Pokemon. Often comes out looking like their 'offspring'.

Infernoes
    [​IMG]
    A method of spriting used to create layers to make the Pokemon 'flamish'. Can be any color of your choice.

Pokeballs
    [​IMG]
    A Pokeball customized to look like a certain Pokemon.

Devamps
    [​IMG]
    Making a newer generation Pokemon look like an older one. Made to intentionally look 'crappy'. Opposite of Revcamps

Revamps
    [​IMG]
    Making an older generation Pokemon look like a newer one. Involves editing shading, parts, and colors. Opposite of Decamps.

Re-Types
    [​IMG]
    Fusing, recoloring, and /soemtimes/ scratching on a Pokemon to make it look like a different type.

Pillow Shades
    [​IMG]
    An Inferno involving the Pokemon's own colors.

Disguises
    [​IMG]
    Fusing, scratching, and recoloring markings onto a Pokemon to disguise it as another.
    Advisory: Not all Pokemon are disguisable

Shadow Pokemon
    [​IMG]
    A creation of my own, recoloring a Pokemon to make it a Shadow Pokemon.

Sprite-overs
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Going over an official artwork of a Pokemon and creating it into a sprite. Doesn't necessarily have a set in stone size.

soliek, you may go ahead and request a sprite, and I'll get to it ASAP.

I only take requests if you comment on my work first.

2. Wow! You're really creative with your spriting! Good job! And especially for someone who's only been spriting for 8 months! I am very impressed! I love the pokeball pokemon look alike things! The one you have up is so cute! I also adore dratini's disguise! It's so clever! =D

3. You. are seriously talented!

-Recolours; Recolours are kind of the usual stuff here on PokeCharms, but this recolour looks really good~

-Fusions; Again, basic, but this one is done well.

-Infernoes; A new idea!~ I really like this idea. The Inferno Crobat looks good in the orange colour palette.

-PokeBalls; Not exactly basic, but common. I think I've seen a Turtball somewhere before, but it's good nonetheless, apart from that, in my opinion, the twig would look better if it was moved slightly to the left.

-Devamps; Clever! I don't think this is new, but it looks good anyway.

-Revamps; Common, but the Kingdra looks good like this.

-Retypes; Hurr, I do love this... Salachu? Pikamence? I'd like to see what else you got in store.

-Pillow Shades; It fits the name, that's for sure. It's basically the sprite, with added colouring and shading, am I right? The Zweilous, I like.

-Disguises; You need to watch out that this doesn't look too much like a recolour/splice :x

-Shadow PokeMon; Epic. Pure epic. xD

I'm really glad to have you on board, Shiny II. You seem to have a knack for spriting, and you are artistic and creative. Mind if I request?

-Inferno
    PokeMon; Blaziken
    Colours; Black inside, purple edge.

(I kind of improvised on a base form here, but you might want to add forms to your thread. It keeps things more clear. Also, you should look around the forums a bit, and stop by in chat sometime. Go to Site and Forum Feedback, you'll find some excellent guides there. Be sure to check out the one made by the other Shiny~)

4. Heh, thanks for the feedback and the suggestions.

As for your request, you should expect it soon. :>

5. Here's the inferno. [​IMG]
    Didn't exactly come out as I had envisioned it.
    I also added sprite overs to the list of things I can do.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    The reason the Oshawott doesn't have much shading is cause I used it's Dream World art, and I tried to go with the Dream World's few shading and cartoony style.

#5 Shiny, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2013
  6. Here're some Revamps. :>
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. Shiny, may I just say your sprite are [glow=red,2,300]MARVELOUS[/glow]!!!! I love them :3

May I please have an oversprite of Durant please? :)

8. I can do it if you supply me with the render. :>

9. I actually need the Sugimori Art or some kind of art of Durant. I can't do a sprite-over with the sprite. It's already a sprite. :v

10. I must say, you're spriting is quite amazing... I especially like the revamps and Devamps.

Speaking of Which, I'd like to make a request... Could you possibly do a revamp of Flareon from Gen II? Only if you can, thanks in advance.

#12 The iFlare, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2013