1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DPPt/HGSS Shiny Pelleper help

Discussion in 'The Doctor's Clinic' started by Luigi777, Sep 19, 2008.

1. I was training my Gliscor the other day, and ran into my first (not traded but actually caught) SHINY!!! It was a green Pelliper.
    I stopped and stared for a moment before sitting there and carefully knocking down it's HP with Ice Fang, before knabbing (sp?) it in a Dive Ball.
    I'm so excited!

The Bad news, is it's nature is Brave, so... yah.
    My big need right now is to try and make it half-competitive, but being a already half grown (Brave... :-\) Pelleper, so... any ideas?
    Please note it gets no Quick Attak, Pursuit, Agility, Air Slash, or any egg moves like Knock off.
    I was thinking things for a supporter or perhaps annoyer set, with stuff like Theif, maybe Confuse Ray, Tailwind, Roost, Protect perhaps, Stockpile (for defense only of course), U-Turn, Pluck, Fly, etc.
    ]

2. Ruko

Ruko Bearded Trout Warrior

Friend Code:
    0473-7895-5364
    Pelipper@[no item if thief]
    Tailwind
    Surf/Water Pulse
    Shockwave
    Pluck/Thief

This is what came to mind for me first... if you go with Water Pulse over Surf, you'll have a bit of annoyer, supporter and attacker all in one deal.
    Tailwind makes for good support; in the event that Pelipper doesn't stay out for very long, the next pokemon in gets double speed for a turn or two, meanwhile it effectively acts as an Agility for Pelipper. Even with a zero IV in speed, a fully trained, Brave Pelliper hits 350 speed.
    Shockwave for coverage on water types, and for the fact an electric attack isn't likely to be seen coming from a pelipper
    Pluck/Thief for filler and because you mentioned wanting Thief. Pluck gets STAB, and means you can still be holding an item for it to work, but only works on berries.
    EVs in special attack and speed for the most part... depending on the IV in speed, you might can sacrifice some Speed EVs for HP or defenses [lower base special defense than defense]

Pelipper@Wide Lens/Brightpowder
    Swagger
    Toxic
    Protect
    Roost

Swagger, biggest gamble the game has. Confuse them and raise their attack, they've got a fifty fifty shot of attacking you for double damage, or attacking themself for more than usual damage. Best used on a special attacker, of course.
    Toxic, no explanation needed, really
    Protect, to delay for toxic to set it, and prevent you from taking damage in the event they attack you through swaggered confusion.
    Roost to recover HP between Protects.. you'll probably be moving last, so it could be worth using even if you're at full health.
    Possibly throw Stockpile to raise your defenses between healing, but I don't know which move you'd be willing to sacrifice if you did XD

EVs between Defenses and HP, depending on how you want it balanced for Swagger, you might put more in defense than special defense, despite having a lower special defense naturally.

I hope those were helpful, if I think of something else, I'll post it.

3. Thanks Ruko - These are really impressive.
    I'm thinking more of the first one, as I like it's support options for the rest of hte team more, and the Theif that I originally thought would be cool. Pluck could also work though, so I was wondering if I used Pluck, what Item would I want? Anything specific, or just generic stuff like perhaps Leftovers or Bright Powder?

4. Ruko

Friend Code:
    0473-7895-5364
    I can't think of anything in particular that would stand out with that set... something generic sounds fine. Perhaps a berry that could weaken an incoming electric attack?

5. Yeah, a Wacan Berry probably... I'll work it out.
    I could also put a Lum Berry on it and use it as a status absorber. And that would give Theif still.

6. Ruko

Friend Code:
    0473-7895-5364
    using Lum and still giving it thief might not work too well...

if you're slower you'll have to predict the status coming to successfully use thief, and if you're faster, you'll just get hit by the status again [likely] on the turn you steal the item... Unless you absorb status and steal from the next pokemon.

7. As in predicting the status and switching the Pelliper.

Note: The Platinum Tutors add a lot of fun options for Pelliper, including:

Air Slash (YES! I can get it on him now!)
    Ominous Wind
    Gunk Shot
    Seed Bomb
    etc.

Any fresh ideas?