• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Shiny Life

Redwood snapped out from his meditation and had leaped off the mountain, landing with a loud thud. He sniffed the air and had sprinted toward where the trainers were. "Damn humans..." He hid among the trees, watching the trainers in silence, waiting for when it'll be best to attack.

Dee sighed as another trainer approached the group, ready to catch them all again. She would attack with thunderpunch again, but her paws were starting to hurt after havimg used it a lot that day. Whatever, it wasn't like her other moves weren't just as powerful.

She charged up a thunder wave. Induce paralysis, beat up that teainer and their pokemon, and bang, she and all the others would walk free. And maybe she could steal herself something else..

Redwood nodded in approval. "You're strong." He held his head high in respect. "It's good to be strong in a world like this, in order to protect yourself and others." Redwood trotted away to a tree to gather some honey.

"It does what it needs to do," Dee replied cordially, "Now, let's find those trainers!"

The minun gazed over at the approaching army... A gaggle of about five young children, screaming and wailing and begging their mothers tomcatch them shiny pokemon as starters were approaxhing. The mothers warbled sweet things, like "How about that braixen, dear?" And "Wouldn't that minun be lovely, dear?"

Dee waited with bated breath as they sent out their pokemon.

Dee threw her thunder wave at one of the mothers' piplup, paralysing it instantly. As the mother's daughter screamed, "Mommy, make Piplup get back up!" Dee was on it again, laucnhing a discharge attack, which shocked all except for the ground types and aibrone gastly."

Dee charged yp her thunderpunch once again, and finished the piplup off by thunking it straight in the stomach.

"Now, let's deal with the others!" She commanded, "Illumise, five o clock, volbeat, two o clock!"

And she prepared another discharge.

Redwood had suddenly appeared and started using Double Kick on the Ground types. "... I rather say you don't challenge us." Redwood gave one of the parents a piercing glare.

King Karp surfaced from the water, hitting Illumise and knocking it back. "Great Job Bri!" he shouted as he bounced from the Illumise into the Volbeat
"Mommy!" one of the kids shouted "Stop that Magikarp!"
"Illumine, Volbeat, Bug Buzz" the mother shouted
King carp was sent flying backwards into a tree, but bounced off of the tree back into the Volbeat

Hi!

Name: Kayumi
Species: Shiny Sylveon
Special markings etc: Eyes will go a pale red when angry, and will turn green when she smells food
Personality: Upbeat, fun to play with, bubbly, and down to earth.

Kayumi is running through the forest, escaping the dangers of the city. She then finds a cute litlle hole,
perfect to sleep in - It didn't look like anybody was there anyway. Then Kayumi, after settling down, slowly went to sleep.
However, when she woke up, she found herself in the presence of a shiny Shinx and Braixen!

Sparks sprang at the Volbeat tackling it to the ground.
With a growl he sent electricity down the volbeats body.
The Volbeat collapsed unconscious Sparks the Luxio ran over to Bri
"well done!" Sparks said then went looking for other possible threats.
He turned around and saw a shiny Sylveon "Hello!"

One of the mothers, a severely overweight woman with two girls in tow sent out a charizard, as soon as the illumise and volbeat had cleared off.

"Does anyone know stealth rock?" Dee chuckled as she fired off another discharge.

Redwood smirked, the scars on his muzzle curving. "I don't have stealth rock... But I do know bulldoze." Redwood let out a loud bark, now pummeling himself into the Charizard at full speed.

Dee watched in amazement as the charizard was enveloped in a pink light, and then thrown down to the ground. Its body and wings flopped pathetically on the ground, like a ragdoll.

"Let's end this!" Dee said with a smirk, as one last pokemon came out. It was an ursaring.

Dee used thunderpunch, aiming straight for its gut.

Seeing the battle unfold, King Karp decided to sit the rest of it out, after all the others seemed to be dominating the trainers. He watched as Pokeballs were tossed, but they all missed, there was one guy in the back with his young son and daughter, who obviously was way too excited and had way too little skill. "Go after that Magikarp, Growlithe" he shouted, he had a powerful Pokémon, king Karp admitted, but the way it was used..."
The unfortunate Growlithe reached the water's edge, "hey dude" the Growlithe whispered "could you please like come up here?"
"Sorry" King Karp apologised
"and now kids, you are about to see your awesome dad in action!" The trainer shouted "Growlithe, tackle on the Magikarp!", earning many groans from his children
"I'll pull you back up" King Karp reassured
"Hey, thanks man" the Growlithe said as he jumped into the water, tackling King Karp as they both went underwater

"Dad, did you seriously just do that?" the trainer's son asked
"A fire Pokémon in water?" The daughter continued
"Oh..." the dad said "uhh..."

King Karp used tackle on the Growlithe, knocking it out of the water, there were probably more painless ways to save the Growlithe but he wasn't about to end this battle without getting a hit off, and it would be nothing compared to the pain a fire Pokémon would experience in water.

"Growlithe! I'm so sorry!" The man apoligised "return!"
King Karp watched as the Growlithe waved goodbye, at least its trainer then had the decency to leave, hopefully to get that poor Growlithe healed.

"That was easy" he mumbled, before lying down at the bottom of the river to rest

Name:Niki
Species:Fennekin
Special features: Wears a sapphire choker,with eyes to match
Personality: A well-intended hothead who wants to build a machine that will unite people and Pokémon as one...but is not even close.

King Karp heard Niki's cries and saw the Fennekin fall into the river
King Karp quickly swam to the Fennekin and began to try to push her up.
"Don't worry" he said comfortingly "it will be fine"

"Thank you." said Niki."I will repay you when you are in trouble. ".Just then,a trainer approached!Niki quickly jumped in front of King Karp,ready for battle.

Sparks shuddered
Seeing more trainers he jumped forward.
As the trainer sent out a noivern.
Sparks crouched low
"hey you Fenniken nice to meet you but could you start distracting that Noivern i can tackle it from behind" Sparks said
He prepared to jump electricity at his paws

"This is what we get for being like" King Karp paused as he counted the Pokemon, there was Bri, Him, Sparks, Niki, Redwood, Dee and Snow was probably somewhere here too "6 and a half Pokemon" he said "It attracts attention"

He leapt up and went back into battle "FEEL MY WRATH!" he shouted "THE ANGER OF A MAGKIARP"

"Six and a half shiny pokemon, no less," Dee scoffed, as her ursaring foe flopped to the ground, "Let's finish this once for all. I think another thunderpunch should be enough to polish this chump off."

Dee charged up both of her fists, spinning as she leapt high into the air and slammed into the ursaring's gut. The creature hit the ground with a thud as its trainer, and the child accompanying her gasped.

"Mummy! I want that shiny minun! I want it right noooowww!"

The mother returned her ursaring, and immediately tried to console her daughter, "Sweetie, Mummy's all out of usable pokemon now. I'm sorry, but we'll have to give up on this one."

"But I want that minun!" the little girl wailed, "You promised me a shiny starter pokemon, and I want that minun!"

The mother grabbed the girl by the arm, and lead her away, muttering, "We'll get you a different shiny minun sweetie, a nice, cuddly one. That one with the pin and the dress is a nasty little pokemon, isn't she?"

Dee immediately turned her attention to a noivern, preparing a thunderbolt to neutralise it.

Both Niki and the Noivern were one hit away from defeat. The trainer threw a poke ball,but was distracted by a thunderbolt, giving Niki a chance to strike. Her flamethrower burnt the poke ball and knocked out the Noivern.

"I think we're done now," Dee panted, inspecting her outfit for any tears, "By the looks of things, that was the last one."

The minun re-adjusted her hood. All that that battle had gotten her was a fat lot of trouble! Not one of those pathetic pokemon bore any accessories which she could have added to her already quite extravagant outfit...

Name:winter
Species:kairla
Special markings etc:a deep blue horn
Personality:is kind and caring to others but can become cold and cruel if someone hurts her friends

Winter watched as her trainer sent a foot at her stomach the shiny kairla being sent into a tree from the force of the blow "you useless pokemon you can't even defeat a houndour with a fairy type move you maybe shiny but your useless to me" he said as he started to kick her harder and sent out his charizard and told him to use blast burn on her the fire/flying type looked at winter with sorrow in his eyes but started to do so as years fell from both shiny pokemons eyes as the black charizard released it and winter screamed in pain as her skin turned black from the heat and she soon passed out looking dead

Name: Sam
Species: Simisear
Special markings etc: scar on his left ear
Personality: Friendly but if anyone hurts his friends he gets mad and dangerous
------------------------------------------------------------------------
A shiny Simisear approached the other pokemon "Hello" He said as an introduction , "What's going on here then?"

Dee rewrapped her stolen shawl, turning it into an asymmetric black dress. "We were just attacked by yet another group of worthless trainers," she reported, "Y'know how it is. Humans are drawn to shiny pokemon like murkrow are drawn to shiny coins. The difference between them and the murkrow is that the murkrow can't help wanting to bring every shiny thing they see to their honchkrow don."

The simisear nodded. "Right well don't worry if a human tries to attack again and capture one of us then i will jump in and teach them a lesson." He stated.

"Name's Dee, by the way," the minun stated bluntly, "Shiny minun, adamant nature. I'm sort of a major prize because of those two things."

Dee examined her extravagant outfit once more, finding a small tear in the back of her hood. No matter, some other gaggle of trainers would come along eventually, and thus, she could steal something to patch it up. Or even steal herself a new one.

"Trainers are alright, as long as they got stuff you can steal from 'em," she continued, "How do you think I got all this?" the small pokemon bragged, gesturing to her hood, her gold butterfree pin, and her shawl dress

"Quite a lot of stuff there" The Simisear commented "I'm Sam by the way , shiny Simisear , i'm usually friendly but if anyone hurts someone i like then that changes very quickly." Sam said.

Winter woke up hearing sams, and Dees voice her trainer no where to be seen winter lay there as she tryed to call at them for help only for them to come out as weak whimpers

Sam had amazing hearing and heard whimpers. "That sounds like..." He looked around and saw the pokemon calling for help. "Oh my goodness!" He ran over. "Are you ok?"