• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Shiny Life

Redwood heard a Pokemon call out to him. He turned to the Pokemon giving them a warm smile. "I'm Redwood, nice to meet ye'." Redwood started in that direction in a welcoming manner. "I hope I wasn't being a bother, I just enjoy sunny fields." Redwood grinned.

Redwood flashed Bri a friendly smile. "Nice to meet you too." He gave the two Pokemon a respectful nod. "So why might you two be here on this wondrous day?" Redwood seemed like a jolly ol' grandpa despite being younger. His tail swished around in a excited manner and a gentle warmth surrounded him.

Redwood wrinkled his nose at the thought. "Arceus no! I'll be damned if I had." He turned to show them his side which was coated by scars from old battles. "When I had a trainer..." His ears drooped. "He was very abusive to his team." He forced me to fight against my own friends and others I have rescued..." Redwoods smile faded. "After forcing me to evolve he released me, it felt so good to be free again..."

"Yeah...but it can also come to hard conclusions." 'she showed him her scar' "My trainer was very hard to me and I used fire blast against him and he cut me with a sharp stick."

Redwood's pulled his head from the bush, a Gold Berry gently held by his jaws. "Uh-huh." He dropped the berry in front of Bri. "Eat that, it can restore some of your lost energy. He used his large paw to bat it closer.

He nodded. "Golden Berries are all over here! I sometimes wonder why there aren't any trainers over here, I just mean they could be taking all of the berries..." He sniffed. "... And all the honey here too! This place is absolutely amazing!" He trotted in a circle like a giddy pup. "A trainer-free zone that has all the Gold Berries and Honey in the world, a little Utopia for us Pokemon only!"

"The top of the trees are practically dripping of Honey..." He looked around, now noticing the sun was setting. "Day passed by quickly... I'll be on my way now. You can find me at that one cave over there. Cya." Redwood padded past Bri and the other Pokemon to the cave.

Dee put her hood back on quickly, hiding every last one of her scars. Well, except for the ones on her back. Perhaps the next time a trainer crossed her, she could look into stealing herself a shawl...

To distract herself from thoughts about her former life, the minun dug into her spoils, eating the biggest citrus pokepuff that she could find

Dee was rather surprised by the sudden berry delivery, and she hurried to place the berries into her basket. She'd eat them later, and perhaps get Bri to grill them for her with a little honey.

"Thanks fir that," she simply said as she closed her basket.

Redwood padded in the empty cave, the stone walls surrounding him. He slammed his paw onto the floor over and over again until there was a shallow hole in the flooring. He nudged some dry sticks and dead plants in the hole and lit them up. The orange fire reflected in his eyes, the cave walls a soft orange. He curled his massive body around the small fire and slept in silence.

The minun gave the braixen a rough smile. "Remind me to steal you a pin or something, next time a trainer comes by to try and catch us," she chuckled, looking off into the fields. Her face drained when realised that there was a young child, screaming obscenties at a woman, whom Dee assumed was his mother. They had a Cinccino with them.

"I want that minun! And I want that braixen too!" The child demanded, "I want a full team of shinies!"

"Yes, dear, I'll catch them both for you," the woman answered tiredly, "Cincci, use fury swipes!"

'Cincci' charged towards Dee and Bri, claws glowing. As the pokemon came closer, Dee noticed that the pokemon wore a big black shawl, with a pink beautifly brooch. That shawl could probably be made into a dress on a pokemon as small as Dee...And that beautifly brooch? She could steal that as a present for Bri.

The minun swiftly punched the pokemon down to the ground, resulting in the child crying and screaming at his mother. Dee swiftly took the shawl and brooch as the woman lead the child, along with the cinccino away.

As soon as she had fashioned the shawl into a reasonably lengthed dress for herself, Dee turned around, and handed the pink brooch to Bri. "It's a gift," she said quietly.

In Redwood's dreams he of course had the recurring nightmare of being constantly abused by his former trainer and had woken up in a cold sweat. He heard the screams going and fading. Redwood quickly got up, stumbling over his heavy paws he quickly approached the sound finding the Minun and Braxien. "Is anyone hurt..?" He looked into the distance spotting the now leaving Mother and child. His scar riddden coat was shining in the moonlight.

"Don't think so," Dee answered, "Heh. Dumb brat wanted us to add to his shiny collection. But I oughta thank them. If they hadn't come along, I wouldn't have bagged this dress"~

With the help of her butterfree pin, Dee had managed to fashion her new shawl into a dress, which was knee-length, and asymmetric.

"And I wouldn't have gotten that pink pin for Bri!"

Redwood climbed to the top of the mountain (At the start of the mountain was his den.), each claw gripping tightly to the crumbling ground beneath him. Paw by paw he eventually made it to the mountains peak, the moonlight shining his scar-ridden fur a sliver in all of it's glory. In the heat of the moment, Redwood tilted his head up and gave a mighty howl. He has finally found a home he could stay and protect him.

Redwood sat on the mountains peak, his hulking figure casting a shadow down the mountain onto the forest below. He felt powerful and responsible, he knew he had to protect this forest and perhaps make a pack here.
(G'night.)

Sparks woke to Bri screaming "what...where.. Bri!" He tore out of his den and ran in The direction of Bri's den. He went over and licked her affectionately (it's what there evolution line do) "calm down its okay" he said and lay down beside her. 'later I will go talk to Redwood' he thought to himself and quickly fell asleep next to Bri

(It was just a dream...Phew.) 'she smiled and fell asleep with her arm around Sparks Mane'
'The next morning' 'Bri stretched and woke up Sparks' "Hi, cutiepie."

Last edited:
Sparks woke up early licked Bri slightly hoping she was awake and exited the den it was smaller then his but cosy.
Remembering his plan he started running in the direction of Redwoods mountain. He reached the foot of the mountain and started the long climb up about a quarter way up he just started running
He wanted to know more about being a trainers Pokemon ' I believe there are good trainers out there' he thought to himself rather guiltily he didn't want to go with one cause he would lose all his friends and Bri.
Sparks sighted Redwood on the mountain peak and started Sprinting "hey Redwood can I just call you Red and I uh have a question" he said asking the question and lying down beside his 'just a bit smaller' he thought to himself

"Thanks Bri" Sparks said "how did You get up here so fast?"
He asked taking a bite out of the berry.
He loved berries so he could appreciate a good berry he felt much better all of a sudden
"Whoa.... What was that" Sparks said feeling confident

Snow looked up at the side of the mountain, something was glowing out of the same cave she exited from a while ago. She reached for a ledge, and hoisted herself up into the cave entrance. She saw an Arcanine, that was new, and that couple. Snow sighed, and waited to see what they did, afterall it wasnt her cave anymore.

"Oh cool I have to say these are really nice" he said
He waited for Red to respond when none came "he must be asleep" Sparks said giving the slightest of touches to try and wake him up.
Sparks stared at the scars on his back. He shuddered 'if this guy opened a pack I would be the first to join' he thought to himself he looked at Bri remembering her scar they looked pretty simular

"Oh hi I don't think we have met I am Sparks" sparks said frowning at how he could not shake hands anymore he sighed.
"Wait I don't know your name but I have seen you before when I was just a Shinx" Sparks said
He looked around the cave it was big.
"I don't know Bri wait here I guess" he said
(Gtg to school bye)